Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    "So, you think I should pay msrp and not negotiate or play the silly games the do at the dealership?"

No, I do not believe that you shouldnt try to negotiate. I have kids myself so I can understand how the process can wear everyone out.

My point was if they offered invoice with 2.9 for 36, just sign the line, leave a deposit, go to dinner while the papers are getting printed, then come back and enjoy your new vehicle.

Your sales experience is the most important thing.
  • debstevedebsteve Member Posts: 6
    Paying invoice, regardless of financing, is not a good deal in the Wash, DC area. I used carbargains to get me bids from 5 dealers, and the best 3 offers were 1200 below invoice, 1000 below invoice, and 500 below invoice. These dealers weren't losing money, and one got a sale the next day.
  • spicoli1spicoli1 Member Posts: 1
    2006 EX-L 2WD (No DVD or Navi)
    Color=Redrock

Purchased=$29,202 (invoice)
    Out the Door=$31,799

Local San Diego Dealer

Just curious.

Thanks.
  • rob55rob55 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for the best price in Northern California/SF Bay area. So far I have a quote of $32,757 incl. the dest. charge. The catch is that they are only offering 6.29% financing. Does anyone know if 1) Honda is having March Spring clearance this year? 2) What is the best dealer/price for this vehicle in CA? 3) Does Ca. offer that "balloon" lease that I have read about back east?
  • thorbsthorbs Member Posts: 1
    I've got a number of quotes for a EX-L 4WD here in Houston for invoice plus destination - $30280 +TTL. We are thinking about backup sensors and have been quoted $1150! This seems a bit steep to me. Anyone else had a better deal? Also what do you think of the price. Thanks.
  • jethro23jethro23 Member Posts: 9
    debsteve, $1200 below invoice is a great deal...I'd jump all over that. When did you purchase your Pilot? I'm just curious if Honda is providing a dealer rebate for Pilots in March. Edmunds doesn't indicate any manufacturer-to-dealer marketing support for the Pilot this month. They are offering $1K to the dealer for the Ridgeline though.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    There's no dealer cash on Pilots right now.
  • rushmerushme Member Posts: 22
    We just purchased a 2006 2wd LX Pilot in Northern Illinois. MSRP was $27,545 and we paid $24,243 plus TTL - about $600 below invoice. They did not have the color we were looking for so they are locating one. I can't wait for it to come in!

The deal went so smoothly, no pressure, no tricks, etc. We will probably finance with a local credit union, unless their finance dept. can match the 4.99% for 60 mo. the credit union was offering.

MR
    If the deal was during Dealer cash, then youre right, the dealer may break even or come out ahead.

If no dealer cash, then we lose money but gain a customer.
    We bought last Saturday, March 10. When we got the offer, the dealer didn't know who we were (it was through carbargains, who we paid to get multiple quotes). I will note the dealer was willing to match the extended warranty quote we got over the internet. At that point, the dealer knew we lived 2 miles away and were likely to use his service dept (which makes sense for him in the long run business-wise). I don't see as many Pilots as Odysseys in my area (near Washington, DC), so that may be why the dealer wanted to make the sale.
  • highlander123highlander123 Member Posts: 29
    Hi Debsteve, I am in the same area (DC/Baltimore) and looking for the same car. Do you finance from the Dealer or other banks? what is the rate? Thanks for sharing your info. to help other buyers.
  • heyroccoheyrocco Member Posts: 7
    We are in the process of buying a 2006 Honda Pilot EX with 4WD. Just wondering how much others have paid for the same model so we know if we are getting a good deal. Right now our best offer is $27,995 including destination charges.
  • boardmanboardman Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote for an AWD EXL with Navi in Steel Blue of $31,995, including destination. This is in the northern suburbs of NYC. Is this a fair deal? What have others been finding? Thanks
  • sharpaxesharpaxe Member Posts: 9
    I just bought this one at Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA.

Out of the door price is 27800. Black color with saddle cloth interior. I believe this is a very decent deal with this brand new vehicle.

I like everything about this SUV except the noise of both back doors with the body, I believe. It sounds like the rubber around the door rubbing with the rubber around the frame of the body. This morning I left my SUV at the dealership to have them fix the problem. Has anyone experienced the same problem?
    Hi Sharpaxe, do you happen to know the price for an Ex 2WD? I am in the same area as yours. Thanks.
  • lestrslestrs Member Posts: 2
    We are getting close to a purchase. The offer we have is $30,990 plus TTL on the 2006 EXL 4WD. I plan to ask them to throw in the running boards and mudguards at that price. We are in the Des Moines, Iowa area.

Is this a good deal? Should we shoot lower and still ask to throw in the running boards and mudguards?

CarsDirect says to aim for $30,380 so I thought with the mudguards and running boards $30,990 wouldn't be bad.

Any feedback appreciated.
    I didn't finance, but I belong to Pentagon Federal Credit Union which is 5.49% (and PFCU is usually the lowest so I don't look further). Bankrate.com usually has comparative rates for an area. Dealer wasn't that low, but I don't remember exactly. I bought from Ourisman Honda in Bethesda, but the price from the post about Landmark Honda also seemed good.
    I'm sorry that I didn't ask for any price of 2WD because I was focusing on only 4WD. The saleman, William Lee, at Hendrick Honda in Woodbrigde was also very nice and always gave me close prices for everything. With that price quotes, I went to Landmark Honda and bargained with them.

This is the price for LX, 4WD from Hendrick Honda: 26562 (out of the door price). Of course, you could still negotiate with them.
    According to what I learn, all of Honda dealers that I visited provide mudguard, stripe, and wheel locks. Don't let them make money from those.
  • westside310westside310 Member Posts: 3
    Hello all, what is everyone in Southern California Paying. I am interested in 2006 Pilot EX, 2WD, with Leather. The lowest quote I have received so far is $28,399 which include destination. Thank you any input would be much appreciated.
    debsteve, I am interested in using carbargains, but the offers would need to recover the carbargain service fee to make it worthwhile obviously. Did you have any idea carbargains was going to fetch such tempting discounts before signing up? We only have 1 dealership in my area, so I'm skeptical they would offer anything below invoice. However, I'm very close to Dallas which has several dealerships.
    Thanks for your info. I will try to get quote form them. It is a great deal you have got.
    $31,995 is what I was quoted for a 2006 Honda Pilot EX NAVI, MSRP $35,795 in Westchester County, NY. I have mainly been looking for a 4WD EX with cloth interior so I have not gotten a lot of quotes on the EX-L with Navi but I think $31,995 is a good deal................but you might be able to get them down a few hundred more.
    We wouldn't have offered as low a price as Carbargains got for us as we thought Hondas were hot in our area. The other factor is the cost of our personal time. For us (two working parents and 2 small kids), it would have taken forever to get 5 or more serious bids. You can call Carbargains to discuss where you want bids from to see if they can do that -- we asked them to include a specific dealer near us. There's a phone number on the web page to ask for the service.

If you bought your car in Dallas rather than your local area, I'd be amazed if the service manager from your local dealer would not give you warranty service, as it's money in his pocket. I have friends that have crossed state lines to by Hondas at better prices but still get them serviced close to home.
  • jdocjdoc Member Posts: 1
    I've been quoted a price of just under $30K (including destination charge) for an EX-L 4WD in the Boston area. Does that seems like a good number? Thanks.
    Thanks for your info. I will check with my Credit Union too. They currently have 4.5% for 36 months and 5.2% for 80 mon. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
  • johny5hasslejohny5hassle Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from honda of Lancaster, California for a 2006 Pilot 4wd ExL(no Navi or DVD). They called within 15 minutes of my posting to the Costco Auto purchase program. The Price quoted was 30,280 which the salesman said was invoice, plus 550 destination charge for a total of 30,830. I just said "Oh Really!! thanks but I trying to decide what I want". I did not mention to him that The actual invoice for this configuration is actually 30,280 with the 550 destination charge included. My goal is to find a Navi system model close to the price he quoted me for the non nav model. Let's see how close I can get. I will update my excellent adventure here. Sorry about the long post I'm new at this.
  • pilot_bugspilot_bugs Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me which dealers had good prices in Chicago? I'm just starting to look in the market. Thanks.

xela
  • rushmerushme Member Posts: 22
    I was shopping for a LX in the Chicago/Suburb area. Not sure if the EX would be discounted similarly, but here you are...

McGrath Honda in St. Charles quoted $500 below invoice, Honda of Joliet was $500 below invoice, Valley Honda in Aurora was a few hundred below invoice - but I believe willing to deal and were very nice via email. Schaumburg Honda was willing, I believe, to match the price we ended up paying - $600 below invoice, which we got in Loves Park, IL at Napleton Auto Werks.

Hope that helps. I just went to the Honda website and typed in my zip and went to each dealer's site in the area. Not all responded back via email, but most did fairly quickly. Only a few took several days.

Good luck!
    rushme
  • westside310westside310 Member Posts: 3
    I am shopping for a new 2006 Pilot EX-L 2WD in Southern California. The dealer quoted me $27,400 (which includes destination), sounds like an excellent deal. What do you guys think?
  • laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 36
    boardman,
    i just got an email from hillside honda in queens offering $31,258 for an 06 awd exl with navi. worth a try. good luck.
  • vlipgyorevlipgyore Member Posts: 9
    2006 EX-L lease for $1999 + tax ($2868)and $325(includes tax)/month for 36 months @ 12k/year. 52% residual, MF=.00022. I'm in southern California - I'm interested in any feedback you all might have. Thanks, Brian
    I belive that is very good deal. Go for it :)

Make sure you visit the dealer during the daylight and while doing test drive, don't turn the music on, carefully listen to any noise, especially from the rear doors.
  • novaexl2wdhuntnovaexl2wdhunt Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to make same purchase in NoVA/DC area. Where did you go and how did it go? First round of Internet pricing replies for EXL 2WD from Fairfax Honda and Arlington/Brown came in right at 30k. Have been shopping in person at Honda of Tysons, but not yet talked price. That's for my next visit there, ahead of a credit union event at area dealers next weekend (3/25).
  • djbeardjbear Member Posts: 4
    I received a call yesterday from a dealer that Honda just announced (3/18/06) an additional $1000 "Marketing Incentive" to the dealers. Has anyone else heard of this?
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Does your price include destination charge? Are there any other hidden charges? I got a price of 31,999 for Pilot EX-L with Navi from Honda City.
  • novaexl2wdhuntnovaexl2wdhunt Member Posts: 7
    Sounds very good. I'm currently at $28,800 for same EX-L 2WD vehicle in Northern Virginia, with requests for prices out to a couple more dealers tonight. Initial Internet queries came in at 30k, but pushing back ("friends and msg boards tell me we can do better") has knocked $1200 off, so far.
  • cogencercogencer Member Posts: 1
    Hi there heyrocco - I'm seeking an EX-L in the NYC area and possibly with nav. I think $31,995 is basically invoice. How did you get the quote (i.e. via email bid or walk in) and how did you handle a trade-in if you had one?
  • laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 36
    i saved the email and checked. it states "the customer is responsible for tax, title, and fees". no mention of destination charges. i'm sure the fees could mean anything, but it's still a good price in my opinion. good luck.
    Now begins the Spring buying season and we all will be hitting advertising very heavy over the next few weeks. Internet, print, radio, TV, etc..

Costs are rising for those mediums and the "marketing Incentive" is given to us to offset those costs. It is NOT a rebate.

Honda has never given a rebate and never will.
  • rxmartinrxmartin Member Posts: 2
    This was mentioned when we took a test drive last Saturday (03/18/06) at Bobby Rahal Honda (Mechanisburg PA).
    How are dealers offering significant discounts below invoice if they are not using "marketing incentive" as a dealer "rebate"?
    Did you get a price quote for the Pilot after test drive? I am in the MD and wanting to buy a Pilot too.
    I got that price via e-mail from Curry Honda in Yorktown Heights, NY. I did not give them any trade-in info.
  • pilot4me1pilot4me1 Member Posts: 6
    I just got a price quote for a 2006 Pilot EX-L 2WD for $29617. Should I expect to pay below invoice pricing? It sure looks like lots of people are getting 400-600 below invoice in some areas....
    Thanks for the help!
  • rob55rob55 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the best dealer to buy from in Northern California? I'm looking for the '06 4WD EX-L w/ Nav.
    Thanks
  • rsfrsf Member Posts: 15
    What is the invoice price for the 2006 Pilot EX-L 2WD w/DVD compared to the 2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD w/DVD?

Is the dealer holdback 3.2%? Any other incentives?

Are the 2WD more or less difficult to find than the 4WD?

In Southwest Florida (Tampa Bay Area), which dealers are easy to work with? Anyone here getting below invoice?

Thanks guys!! :)
    Absolutely correct. I just received a quote for EX 2WD, $24955 plus destination, $100 dealer fee and TTL. Out the door will be about $27105.
  • rxmartinrxmartin Member Posts: 2
    No I didn't. Was just shopping around at that point.
  • gregb7gregb7 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Charleston, WV and have shopped all over WV.

I am looking @ a silver with grey 06 EX-L AWD (no navi/res).

So far these are the offers ...

$28789.01 OTD (tax 5%, title, reg.) $30,351.19
    $29,500
    $29,281
    $30,400

I was told of a $1000.00 "back" offer by only 1 of the salesmen.