Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram

18910111214»

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    4myjob

Good to hear from you again - glad you got the ewe you wanted!

The 265s are actually going to be a factory option for the 200 model year on 2500s; I can't wait to see what brand they use. Your dealer will have to reflash the speedo module to correct your speedometer and odometer (they will be off), becuase it is now a fully electronic system - no longer just a matter of swapping teeth in the gearset.

As for the shocks, the front end DOES loosen up quickly, and let's just say the factory shocks do a wonderful imitation of a ShopVac. Get a set of Rancho 9000 shocks, front and rear - they're adjustable to the load and the road (priceless considering your line of work). They're usually around $90 each, but I'll tell you, you won't be sorry!!
  • ericgericg Member Posts: 38
    KCRAM, on the site wheels.com for the production reports for the dodge ram quad it says the off road is on hold, TBD. what does the tbd stand for? Is is something like "to be dated" i have no clue

i just ordered a 2000 ram 1500 4x4 quad sport with the off-road. so i am very curious.

another thing, my dealer says that he doesn't have any new price inf. yet, i gave him mine that i got off of carprices.com. he said that he should have had them by now. why doesn't the dealer have prices but the internet does?

thank you,
    Eric G
    wiz,

Very possible that the 265s are standard, I've only seen some preliminary information. I do know that 235/85s are definitely standard on 3500s now, up from the 215/85s they've used for ages.

ericg,

TBD stands for "to be determined", and it does refer to the date that an option will be available. When you see an option listed as TBSD at wheels.com, it generally mean the supplier of the option or parts is not ready, and can't give a firm date for full availability.

The carprices.com listing does very clearly say that only the vehicle price is 2000 and the option prices are carried over from 1999 - be careful. Edmund's, KBB, Carpoint, and the other main sites always wait until the full price list is available.
  • ericgericg Member Posts: 38
    thanx kcram,
    i already ordered my ram, the price is going to be 500 over invoice, regardless of price.

thanx,
    ericg
  • ukcatsrul1ukcatsrul1 Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I ordered a 99 Ram QC 4x4, love it havent had a problem with it yet, I heard they are offering an off road package for 2000? Have you heard anything about that. I was also wondering the take off speed is very slow for my 5.9 is this common with most Ram trucks. thanx ahead of time. Mark
  • rlkruegerrlkrueger Member Posts: 98
    kcram,
    Not that it's an issue right now, but when I do need tires, will I be able to put the 235's on my 99 3500 without modification? I would guess that the tire prices may be a little cheaper even though the tire size is bigger. I was told the 215/85 series are expensive due to the small number of these in demand.

rk
    ukcats,

Yes, there will be a new off-road package, aimed at the Chevy/GMC Z71 and Ford F150 off road packages. It lists as follows:

code AWL - OFF ROAD GROUP - inc: 4.10 sure grip axle, "Off Road" badge, fog lamps, HD service group, fuel tank skid plate, LT275/70R17 on/off road tires, tow hooks, 17" aluminum wheels.

It is not available with 4 wheel anti lock brakes, which actually are a hindrance when really off-roading - sometimes you want to lock up a wheel when rock crawling or in the dirt.

As for the sluggish 5.9L, many Ram owners do get good results with the K&N filter system.

rk,

The 235s will fit on the existing wheels without rubbing, but you will need to have the speedo adjusted since th 235s are substantially taller than the 215s. I agree with you about the price and availability of 215s - I have always had to order tham and wait.
  • madmackmadmack Member Posts: 39
    I heard the off road package will only be available on the 1500. Any truth to that?
  • barrybuchananbarrybuchanan Member Posts: 3
    I'm getting ready for my third set of tires in 51k mi. Started out with Goodyear 245-75 r16 10 ply for 27k mi. Changed to Uniroyal same size did only 24k. I've beel looking at Kelly Trail Mark KS 285-75-r16. Anyone delt with this tire?

HI Marckcord:
    what size are the kelly tires you are talking about? What type of driving are you doing to get the 45k
  • khammond1khammond1 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 99 ram 2500 4X4 5.9L 4spd auto with less than 1500 miles. I have noticed a loud ping when shifting from drive to reverse. It seems to be coming from somewhere in the rearend. Is this normal for a Dodge?
This discussion has been closed.