Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• acrispy1acrispy1 Member Posts: 4
    There is a club but i cant put the link up here, they dont allow it being that its part of another forum, e-mail me @ acrispyone@hotmail.com for info.
  • shubisshubis Member Posts: 2
    I found a base 2006 crossfire with a 6-speed for 17,500. Is this is a good deal, or should I shop around a bit harder
  • cincyslimcincyslim Member Posts: 2
    Greetings,

There is a very active Crossfire owner's forum and the general consensus is that Speed Innovations has the best, most thoroughly documented ECU chip re-flash upgrade for these little cars.

There is also a new cat-back performance exhaust now available from Magnaflow. I installed one of the first systems produced and am very pleased with the snarling sports car exhaust sound. It is not subtle, very low and tough sounding but not too loud. Online price is around $ 525.00 and installation is very simple. Three bolts on the flange connection and a couple of rubber hangars to slip off and re-attach. Took me about twenty minutes. 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent stainless tubing runs to differential, split to a pair of sid by side polished stainless straight-through mufflers ending in two BIG oval double walled polished tips. Highly recommended !

Cincinnati Slim
  • cincyslimcincyslim Member Posts: 2
    "I found a base 2006 crossfire with a 6-speed for 17,500. Is this is a good deal, or should I shop around a bit harder ? "

Jump on it !

A Mercedes sports car for less than 18K...no brainer, pull the trigger man!
    Once these cars are gone Karmann ain't making any more of 'em. There are a handfull of '07s trickling in but there is no difference from the '06 models.

Cheers,

Slim
  • snailssnails Member Posts: 1
    Great deal. I just bought a 2004 with 33,000 miles. 6 sp man shift. Although you may want to look at the production dates. My understanding they only made 2004 and 2005. It may be a 2005 which is on the lot for 42,000 brand new. I bought mine for $16,000 which was off another dealers lot. It's a fun car.
  • jaredrustmanjaredrustman Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 2004 white 6SP ($18k) and its great (also my first car, I'm only 19) =] I was just wondering if anyone has seen anything to get a major HP boost other than buying an SRT6. Maybe if someone found a wrecked SRT6 and took its supercharger? I wanted more power so I can try to handle 350Zs and similar cars =] I've seen the cat-back exhaust but haven't seen an intake or headers for it, just trying to get as much HP as possible.
  • xfireroadsterxfireroadster Member Posts: 81
    It would be cheaper to buy the SRT6 is HP is what you are looking for. The Base and Limited XFires have the MB R170 engine and the SRT 6 has the MB AMG SLK32 engine they are two totally different engines, you cannot swap the supercharger. If you ar looking for the HP of the SRT6 it will cost you about $12,000.00 - $18,000.00 to get upgrades from RennTech, Startech, or Vath. This is not a parts bin car or a tuner car, there are not many performance upgrades out there.
  • masimiemasimie Member Posts: 1
    If anyone has seen a good deal on a new 2006 Crossfire Roadster please let me know.... I live in the North East USA and would be willing to travel to make the deal. I understand that there are deals to be made on some 2006 factory offers. Would appreciate any feedback.... Thank you... I believe I would like a base car, any color, 6 speed or auto.... I'm quite flexable.... Will be meeting with a local dealership on Monday.
  • mimacmimac Member Posts: 8
    I own a 05 roadster, it makes me happy every time I drive it. I was in Taylor Chrysler/Jeep in Taylor. MI (just outside Detroit) and they had a new 06 Limited. Silver/black leather. I was talking to a salesman and he said it would go for about $27,000. Good luck.
  • idtheman69idtheman69 Member Posts: 1
    would this performace upgrades work on the 2006 crossfire limited cause i cant find anything? thanks.

matt
  • buggy4crossfirbuggy4crossfir Member Posts: 3
    If you want a base car I hope one of the "any" colors you like is black. Thats the only way it comes, totally black. Windshield surround, interior, no silver accents anywhere. Interior is only fabric, no leather and transmission is only manual (if I remember correctly). In my opinion with prices being as low as they are get a Ltd. The car is unbelieveable and at these prices its a steal. I have mine 2+ years, just over 5,000 miles and love it to pieces. Sportscars all my life but this one is special.
  • northrup5northrup5 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2005 SRT6 Roadster this morning - what a car! Only 8700 KM (it's a Canadian vehicle), and in perfect shape. This one was a Chrysler company car, built in June 2005 and put into service in May 2006, so still almost 2 years of warranty left.

I have seen various recaps of models and production totals -does anyone have the definitive numbers or can suggest a source? From what I have seen, SRT-6 was only made / sold as 2005 models - is this correct? And how many SRT6 roadsters in total were made?

Thanks!
    Here ya go:

2005 Model Year U.S. SRT-6 = 3,137 Total - 1,183 Coupes and 1,954 Roadsters
    2006 Model Year U.S. SRT-6 = 12
  • dem919dem919 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a new 2006 Crossfire Limited Coupe at the end of May from a dealer in Western PA. At the time they had 60+ Crossfires on the lot, all colors & styles. They only had 1 graphite metallic clear coat exterior w/dark slate gray/medium slate gray interior. Looked so sharp with the satin silver trim I had to buy (been looking at Crossfires for months). Stopped last week to thank the dealer for luggage that I didn’t know I would receive. They were down to 30+ on the lot.

If you're still looking, go to Chrysler’s web site, click on Local Dealers, and type in 15601 (zip code). When the list of local dealers comes up - click on Hillview Motors inventory and see if they have any that you may want. Happy car hunting!!!
  • jeff76jeff76 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2005 limited for 17,000 with 27000 miles and it is in mint condition, does anybody know how many were made in 2005 any how many were limiteds. Thanks
    Take a look the last 5 numbers of your VIN, it is your build number. There were a lot of 2005 Base and Limited's built. 2004 - 2008 Base and Limiteds are not destined to be collectors item's. The SRT6's especially the Roadsters have a better chance at "collectors" status. I know this not a complete answer to your question, but hopfully it will help.
  • godot1066godot1066 Member Posts: 4
    I've got an 05 LTD that has a mystery rattle/vibration in the rear section. It only occurs sometimes with no regular pattern. It has been in the shop six times and they can't find it. Any ideas?
    Here ya go, I assume you have a Limited Coupe.

TBS: 25-May-04 - 23-019-04 - Body - Rattling From Liftgate Area

or

TBS: 5-Jul-04 - 23-025-04 - Body - Squeak and or Creak Noise From Rear Spoiler
  • cbrewer1cbrewer1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 SRT6 roadster 3 days ago. It has 18,000 miles on it, beautiful blue with black top and black leather interior. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! There is no comparison between the base model and the SRT6-definitely worth the price difference!!Consumer reports were not so good for either, but almost all the owner reviews were positive-even with the few minor design problems such as the cup holder. I am a little concerned about the lack of a spare and the cost to buy new tires. Does anybody have experience using the repair kit? If so, how did it work? I hope to keep this car for several years and I know I'll enjoy it everyday!
    I would advise that you purchase a "GOOD" tire plug kit and keep it in your trunk with a pair of needle nose pliers.
  • jeff76jeff76 Member Posts: 2
    If the rattle happen when you just start out it maybe the locking gas cap, I was told that it locks as the car locks by air.
  • orangertorangert Member Posts: 41
    I have several other Newer MOPARS. I am considering selling one of the older ones and getting a Crossfire. I am on the Sebring forums, and Caliber forums all the time.

I really like the Crossfire, any hints on which would be the best. It must be a roadster, too many hardtops in a row lately.

I am sure this has been asked before, but I am querying every forum I am a member for their responses.
    Do it. My 05 Roadster is 18 months old. I drive 3 seasons and I enjoy every trip. It has been reliable - no problems so far. I've had lots of ineresting cars but this one is special.
    If you can go for the SRT6, they are a steal at todays prices.
  • orangertorangert Member Posts: 41
    Thank you. I found an SRT6 at a local dealer doing an online search. I will be going today or Wed. to drive it.

From what I have researched, yellow seems to be the rarest color. Did they make an SRT6 roadster in Yellow?

This car is a blue color, it did not say which blue.
    The SRT only comes in Graphite, Sapphire Silver Blue, Aero Blue and Black.
  • rtravelbeertravelbee Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an 06 LTD Roadster in Toledo, Ohio. The dealer was great to work with, and I was pleasantly surprised when the luggage showed up. People do headswings like crazy, and ask bunches of questions... My first convertable. I see a clear windblocker that attaches behind the seats to reduce air flow when the tops down. Has anyone had any experience with them? How about oil changes... does anyone do their own? I am seriously happy with this car, and the southern IN roads are too cool to tool. I am one happy owner!!!!
    Many have done thier own oil changes, the oil is removed from the top of the engine. you will have to purchase a topside fluid pump. Oil changes at the dealer will run between $90.00 - $140.00 depending on the dealers labor rates. Our cars use Mobil 1 0w40 which is expensive, the car take 8.5 qts at about $8.00 a quart. Filters can be purchased from Mercedes Benz for about $24.00. You can purchase the Mopar wind screen or an aftermarket one, the Mopar in my opinion is a better product.
  • rtravelbeertravelbee Member Posts: 2
    I picked up a filter at Chrysler, and I have a topside pump already. I didn't realize Chrysler offered a wind screen for the Crossfire. Thanks for the info....
  • fsparksfsparks Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2006 Limited Roadster Crossfire,with Navi and the upgraded tires..The beautiful Aero blue, 2 toned interior.. It was 29170.00. Manual 6 sp tranny. VERY happy with it ,so far. Dealer had 5 crossfires left on the lot in Wilmington, DE.

As a side note- I did receive the luggage, as part of the touring gear package. I got it this Saturday, exactly 2 weeks after purchasing the car! nice surprise, as I had no idea!

My dumb question(s) are 1-what the HECK is SRT6?? Yeah, I AM a girl. Does the model I purchased come with it? Or did I miss the boat?
    And- What about the tonneau cover? The sticker said it was included but the dealer said they didn't make them for the convertible, since the top goes up and down so easily. Sounded like...cr@p to me and I suppose I don't really NEED one. Think I got hosed?
    The SRT6 is the High Performance Crossfire, 330 HP Super charged MB AMG engine. The Crossfire comes in 3 model editions...Base Roadster or Coupe, Limited Roadster or Coupe and SRT6 Roadster or Coupe. The car does not come with a "Tonneau Cover" a tonneau cover is used to cover the interior of the car when the top is down. This is a misprint/error on every Roadster window sticker since the inception of the Roadsters in 2005.
  • fsparksfsparks Member Posts: 2
    Ok,Thanks for the answers.
    It was difficult to find one of these beauties ,in the first place, much less a high performance one! I think, for my purposes, this car is PLENTY!

We have a 1975 TR6 that has a tonneau, so I actually know what one is..:)..I just didn't like the feeling of not getting what I thought I was supposed to get..
  • veedriver17veedriver17 Member Posts: 1
    I just got my 05 SRT6 Monday and changed the oil Tuesday. There is an oil plug at the bottom of the engine, just like any! You have to remove the aero panel under the engine (5 bolts, no big deal). The filter was $12.99 at Pep Boys.
  • cgriffcgriff Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2005 roadster.
    What was the deal with the luggage? Was that for a particular model or for a particular year?
    If you purchased the Limited or SRT6 edition and your sticker states "Touring Gear" then you will receive it in 2 - 6 weeks after purchase. If you purchased a "Base" edition then you will not get the luggage. The Touring gear was to be phased out on the 2006 models, DChrysler made an error and did not delete it from the stickers and now has to honor it on most 2006 models.
  • mdtechmdtech Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm planning on buying a pre-owned xfire, but not sure what trim to get, coupe or convertable, srt-6. I live in N.Y and commute to work 5 days a week about 25 miles each way, Can this car be used as a daily driver or better off as a weekend car? Any advice is welcome. Also how bad is it in the snow.
    I have an '05 roadster I've owned since new. I use it
    summers only but it could be a 12 month car. With the
    top up the trunk is pretty good and the convertable
    top seals well, much better that my old Miata. If the
    snow gets deep you might have ground clearance
    problems on secondary roads. All season tires were an
    option so look at the sidewall. Good luck!
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    As to the 'having a Crossfire AND a drink at the same time', go HERE. :shades:
  • decessusdecessus Member Posts: 6
    I took my 06 roadster through the West Virginia mountains last winter and ended up doing some un-planned winter driving. 2-3" of snow and winter mix in the mountains. Car behaved very well. I was more concerned with damage from the sand and gravel than handling. And, in the worst case, given the safety and structural enhancements, if you did end up in a shunt, you would probably have a better chance of walking away.
  • crossfire66crossfire66 Member Posts: 9
    I have been on this site for over one year,live in suburb of Detroit,and want to start a crossfire club, come on there must be some people interwsted,I was at the Woodward cruise this afternoon and had dinner and then cruised Woodward,what a blast,and the cruise does not start till tomorrow Saturday 18. Saw quiete a lot of crossfires,come on folks lets get together and form a club. Crossfire 66,I know you cant give your e-mail address ,bit I am Crossfire 66. Thank you
  • summeronlysummeronly Member Posts: 6
    I have been on this site for 2 years and live in Royal Oak. I have been experiencing the cruise for the last week or so on my home from work. It is a blast for sure!! I love my crossfire - the way it drives, the way it looks, everything except the cup holder. My husband & I take it up to the upper penisula as often as we can - love to open it up without fear of the phuzz!!

My address is patterson2004@wowway.com.

Summeronly
  • rpmsrt6rpmsrt6 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, new to this site, but not new to the Crossfire. We do have a forum dedicated solely to the Crossfire and owners - www.CrossfireForum.org. We also have a club - the Chrysler Crossfire International Club - XFi.
    There were about 20 of us at the 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend.

We are getting ready to plan another Michigan get together before summer's end. Feel free to contact me at RPMSRT6@charter.net. :shades:
  • rpmsrt6rpmsrt6 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, new to this site, but not new to the Crossfire. We do have a forum and club (Chrysler Crossfire International Club - XFi) dedicated solely to the Crossfire and owners (can't post the link here though).

There were about 20 of us at the 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend.

We are getting ready to plan another Michigan get together before summer's end. Feel free to contact me at RPMSRT6@charter.net. :shades:
  • smokinjoe2smokinjoe2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, crossfire fans,add me to the list. Purchased a 2004 last March with 21000km on it and the more I drive the more I like. I live just a few kms north of Calgary,Alberta,Canada. and was hoping someone would know of a xfire club close by (western canada)Also, I'm going to need new rear tires by next spring (no spare does nag at me)and it has the conti's,are they the way to go? thanks joescrossfire
  • afterguardafterguard Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know where to find a deadpedal for the Crossfire?

The lack of a useful deadpedal is the only gripe I have about this terrific car. Really would appreciate knowing, if somebody out there knows where to find one....
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Try contacting your local Dodge dealer parts dept, I know there is a dead pedal that was part of the Dodge Daytona ES as I had one and ordered another one for a later car model I bought. If it is not available suggest you contact a wrecking yard.
  • afterguardafterguard Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the tip! I'll give the local Dodge dealer a call.
  • agebhardtagebhardt Member Posts: 8
    I thought there were no '07 Crossfires in the U.S. Today I saw an "'07 Crossfire" listed on e-bay. I contacted the seller and was assured it was an '07. The seller is a Chryler Dealer and refered me to their website where they show over a dozen '07 Crossfires (that's what is on the window sticker). Anyone have a clue to what's going on? Chrysler told me today there are no '07 Crossfires.
    There is no dead pedal made for the Crossfire, Chrysler or Dodge will not have one specifically for our cars. Most of us have used the Mercedes Benz AMG dead pedal, you can get one from any MB dealer and will run you about $80.00.
    Most dealers do not have a clue, there are 2007 Crossfires on dealers lots and possibly 2008's depending on Karmanns output and the recent sale of Chrysler to Cerebus. The only Crossfire that is out of production is the SRT6, 2005 was the last model year.