Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    Also, most of the Crossfires labeled as 2206 and beyond are basically leftovers that didn't sell originally that were sitting around in Michigan. Some received new paint jobs, hence the new colors, but other than that, they really didn't make any changes.
  • henry125henry125 Member Posts: 18
    I have a new 2005 Crossfire Limited Covertible for sale. I do not have the time to really enjoy it. If anyone is interested please email me at: Starbase2002@yahoo.com
    Mileage on the car is below 3500 miles as of 9/20/2007. The car is always been garage and has sheep skin cover to protect the seats on driver/passenger side, it also has Chrysler Bra for the front of the car. The car is like new, condition, I baby the car very well, and come from a non smoking family.
    My bad. That should read 2006.
  • srtragtopsrtragtop Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a SRT-6 Roadster and it is GREAT. I have had cars from a 1966 GTO to a 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T to a 1979 Corvette but this one is a keeper. I will drive it ONLY on sunny days. This car had 4,000 when I bought it and has never seen rain. Bought a cockpit cover off ebay to cover the rag top when it is up and all the windows. This is a great cover to have to protect your top and interior from the elements and UV rays. There is a Crossfire International Club also. Good luck to all Crossfire owners.
  • srtragtopsrtragtop Member Posts: 2
    I have read many ideas about oil changes. You definetley need to use Mobil 1 0w-40w OR 5w-40W synthetic oil. Also make sure you use a FLEECE oil filter as is the original filter. Fleece oil filters are designed for synthetic oil and for the Crossfires. Don't use cheap paper filters. I just paid 18.00 for a MB fleece filter from a MB dealer. I bought 3 of them. Don't scimp when it comes to your Crossfires blood. Hope this helps.
    All of my oil changes are performed at the dealer at no charge (worked it out in the deal at purchase time). I just don't trust some places around town to do it right.
  • riddleboxriddlebox Member Posts: 46
    2007 Crossfires are only sold in Europe and Canada.
    None in the US - and doesn't look like there will be any more. Rumor has it that production will cease January 2008.
  • agebhardtagebhardt Member Posts: 8
    That's what I thought, but WRONG. A dealer in Minnesota is advertising '07 Crossfires on e-bay and shows them on their website. I called the dealer and they actually sent me a window sticker that shows 2007. I contacted Chrysler and was told there are no '07's, but when I asked Chrysler why they are allowing a dealer to misrepresent their products, Chrysler changed their answer. They now say there are '07's and there will be '08's.
  • acrispy1acrispy1 Member Posts: 4
    I was at my dealers this morning and they had 1 07 roadsater, i checked the vin # it was an 07.
  • xfireroadsterxfireroadster Member Posts: 81
    There are 2006 and 2007 Crossfires being sold here in the States, 2008 is doubtful.
  • osinrider04osinrider04 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys I am selling my toyota 4runner sport in hopes of buying an srt-6 crossfire. Since this seems to be the master site for crossfire fans, I wanted to know the goods and bads of this car. It doesn't seem like many people own them so I was curious if this car is worth it or why their sales were so bad on this car. Also, assuming I'm able to afford an srt-6, is it better than a regular one mechincally? thanks
    They are 2 different cars, the SRT6 has the Mercedes Benz AMG 330hp supercharged engine the Limited and Base models have the Mercedes Benz R170 215hp N/A engine. The bodies are basically the same, except the SRT6 has a fixed rear spoiler and a beefed up suspension and brakes. There are not a lot of the SRT6's on the road due to production, 2005 was the last model year for the car. If you are in the market for a Crossfire then the SRT6 is the best bang for the $$$$, there are a lot of good deals out there on new and used ones. Either way whichever model you chose you cannot go wrong (except on the Base model...less creature comforts than the SRT6 or the Limited), you will not be sorry.
  • agebhardtagebhardt Member Posts: 8
    My opinion is that all Crossfire sales were slow simply because enought peopole did not know that the Crossfire was really a Mercedes. They were concerned by the cost of a car that they weree afraid would have Chrysler's poor record of dependability.
    I've owned a Crossfire Roadster and an SRT-6 coupe. The SRT-6 is definitely high performance, but unless you really have to have all that "extra" powere consider a standard Crossfire. They perform extremely well.
  • osinrider04osinrider04 Member Posts: 2
    OK well I like my performance regardless of what car. Have there been any type of substantial mechanical problems associated with the srt-6, or for that matter the limited/base? A supercharged engine will most likely need more attention, but have there been reports of things at certain mileage that I should look for when buying used?
  • gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    Can someone post the 07 and 06 (probably the same) crossfire roadster exterior colors?
    Thanks,
    Gene
    You can get a tremendous deal on a "new" SRT-6 now. Dealers could not sell these so Chrysler rounded them all up and auctioned them off. Check cars.com or autotrader and you can get a SRT-6 with less than 100 miles for around $25000. When are you ever going to be able to own a $50k
    car for half price ever again? And some dealers are also certifying them which provides an 8 yr/80000 warranty.
    Classic Yellow
    Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
    Black
    Sapphire Silver Blue Metallic
    Machine Gray Crystal Pearl
    Aero Blue Pearl
    Oyster Gold Crystal Pearl
    Bright Silver Metallic
  • wardenfelpswardenfelps Member Posts: 1
    hello, i have a 04 limited Crossfire and am having the hardest time finding performance parts for it and was wondering if anyone could help???
    Iam looking for:
    Performance Chip
    Turbo Charger (is there going to be an after market coming out soon)
    Performance Airflow System

any help will be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Some owners have replaced the crankshaft pulley and
    upgraded the ECU with RENNtech - a respected Mercedes performance company that is pricey. Their website is
    www.renntechmercedes.com then check out the SLK R170
    engine modifications. I do not know anyone that has installed a turbo, but await the aftermarket supercharger.
    Some owners have made their own custom air intakes, but do not know of any made specifically for the Crossfire. Many replace the air filters with the K&N drop-ins, but you use the same air box.
    There are NO superchargers or REAL Cold Air Intakes available for our cars unless you have them custom fabricated. Performance upgrades are very, very expensive for our cars. The only "Dyno Proven" ECU available is from Speed Innovations.
  • 06goldxfire06goldxfire Member Posts: 5
    I've been driving my wife nutz looking at crossfires for months and finally tomorrow am picking up my '06 gold coupe limited. We really like the wheels on the SRT-6 but like the gas mileage and full leather seats more on the coupe, hence the coupe purchase. The dealer told me the 15 spoke wheels of the SRT-6 will not fit the coupe - is the dealer right? I found both the SRT-6 and coupe wheels on the internet and the specs seem to be the same. Any help? Plus has anyone install a wood dash trim kit on their xfire? any recommendations?
    No modifications on my Crossfire limited convertible. It’s fun to drive, with prenty of horse power under the hood, a car that only weights 3000 lb. Enjoy!!
    The SRT6 and all other XFires are the same to a certain extent. The "Base" model does not have the leather/heated seats, sub woofers, TPMS, silver trim, and fog lights but shares the same 215 hp 3.2 liter v6 n/a MB R170 engine that is in the "Limited". The SRT6 has the same trim as the "Limited",but has Alacantra Suede seats, fixed rear wing and has a 330hp Supercharged v6 MB AMG engine. The wheel bolt pattern is the same on all three models. Unfortunately most dealers and service techs know very little about these cars. Visit my "Car Space" page here on Edmunds, http://www.carspace.com/xfireroadster there are some interesting and helpful links there.
  • joxfirejoxfire Member Posts: 1
    I've just purchased a 2007 Crossfire Roadster after coveting it for 3 years and am picking it up in two weeks. This board was very useful---it was great to get confirmation that the Limited actually did have less head room than the Base model.

Here's my question: my husband is a music person so we expected to be able to use his iPod in the car, but I can't seem to find an auxillary jack. Can anyone recommend a head unit (CD, radio, and auxillary jack) that meshes well with the dashboard of the Crossfire? It doesn't look like Chrysler has a solution.

I'd appreciate any help---thanks so much.
    What I ended up doing was going with an Alpine unit and the installer ran a 3.5 auxiliary jack from the rear so that I could just plug into my Creative Zen Vision:M. I have a Jeep now as well and I'm installing a Sony CDX-GT710 which has an auxiliary jack on the front so that I can swap the mp3 player into it when I'm out with the family.

You have lots of options these days and you can check them out in your local electronics store or somewhere like crutchfield online. Very helpful.
  • inigo1inigo1 Member Posts: 13
    I am looking at SRT's. It seems that there are more SRT coupes than roadsters for sale. But there were more Roadsters made. XFIRE Are the production numbers from Chrysler? Is there a web site where the Crossfire's production numbers are available? Are there any options / colors that were rarer?

Were there any problems specific to the SRT?

What about the factory warranty? Was the factory warranty 5 years or 36k miles in 2005? Most of the cars have low miles that I have seen.
    There are a few problems that are specific to the SRT6. The SRT6 only has the 3/36,000 warranty, it is considered a "Specialty Class " like the Dodge Viper. Go to my "Car Space" page here at Edmunds, and use the links your production questions can be answered there.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    The only post I could find among the forums linked on xfire's page refers to a Wikipedia article that lists production figures for 2003-2005:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Crossfire

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• woodlandswoodlands Member Posts: 10
    The SRT6 wheels can be used on the Base/Limited models.
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Planning on purchasing a new or used Crossfire. Now that Chrysler has stated that production of the Crossfire will be terminated, how,if any, should this affect current prices and prices in the future?
    Coupled with the fact that Consumer Reports rates it a best buy, that should be pretty interesting.
  • inigo1inigo1 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Xfire .. the Carspace site is excellent. I am concerned about buying an SRT and having to buy expensive MB parts. Can I get a longer warranty on the Crossfire? Does the Chrysler cerified used car warranty work for the Crossfire SRT? Thanks
  • woodlandswoodlands Member Posts: 10
    Yes you can get an extended warranty from Chrysler for the SRT. I have the name of a dealer and contact that discounts the warranty. There are choices on number years, mileage and deductible amount on bumper to bumper coverage (Max care).
    A little over 2000 SRT-6 coupes were made, and less than 900 roadsters.
  • crossfire3crossfire3 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know how many 04 rodsters were made. I priced oil changes here in Indiana Pa. at Try star motors for $53.00 includes oil & filter. Love the car.! love the car ! Ambracrombe white. Cant find chrome wheels to fit. Wish it had more horse power, like 400 !!! Ho,yea the other dealer wonts $125.00 for oil change. My car was in the dealer for 2 years, in the show room with 35 miles on it. My price was $ 25,690.00. I park it for winter, I belive it will become a classic. There are far more drop tops then coupes.lesson learned, buy a puncher kit .
  • tlotlo Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my second Crossfire, a 2007 Limited coupe, autom., 12 miles. Brite Silver.
    from an authorized Chrysler dealer $24,539.00 plus tax
    Other Limited coupes are available for between 26,000 and 26,500
    after the smoke clears these beautiful little cars will become a collectors item and with a lifetime Warranty on mine, I am stoked. :)
  • slnrdslnrd Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up a gorgeous, white 2004 6-spd manual, leather, chrome wheels with 17k miles in so. Calif. for under $15k - whew - gotta love it !!!

Anybody know of some cargo nets? There are two posts on top of and on the front side (pass. compartment) of the crossbar - are these cargo net tie down points?

Also, looking for a second key. I've seen the eBay remotes but Mercedes used to povide an emergency laser cut key (no remote) that you could put in your wallet (completely flat key). Anybody got any ideas? I don't trust the dealers at this point since before Cerebus bought Daimler, rplacement remotes with cut keys were $60 - now the Chrysler dealers are charging $130 !!!

BTW, I am already aware of the other xFire owners forum (.org) so no need to tell me about them.

Thanks in advance !!!
  • got_everythinggot_everything Member Posts: 1
    Chrysler Company is doing away with the famed Crossfire in 2008. The last year made in the SRT-6 line was 2005 and I need to know how many of them were made? I'm a collecter of cars even though i'm only 18. I have a 1966 mustang, and first year C6 corvette and am wondering if you think the Crossfire will be a collectors item someday?
    :shades: Thanx and please answer. :shades:
  • tlotlo Member Posts: 2
    The Crossfire's design and fun to drive aspect, along with its soon to be limited numbers makes it a real strong contender to be a collectors item.
    Look at the looks it generates, the cars great style will be a winner for years to come. :)
    SRT-6 production numbers (2005) 2016 coupes, 968 roadsters
    (2006) 13 coupes
    Total worldwide production : 2997

Total of all Crossfires produced worldwide will be less than 100,000. I believe I read somewhere that the contract with the German facility was 100,000.

Yes - these will be collector cars, but it might be 25 years. I would bet on the SRT-6 being the most collectible. After all, the 1960's Plymouths and Dodges with the Hemis and more powerful engines are getting substantial more money at auction.
    Once you driving it with the top down, I drove it at 120 miles per hours and it is solid as a rock. It is fun to drive and I can not agree more that the style, and the design will put these Crossfire in a collectors item once all the Crossfire Limited are dry up in the market. Again, these cars have a limited production and the numbers are low. So, for those that own these Crossfire’s, enjoy it, they are much more fun to drive than Porsche Boxer, Mazda Miata, Ferrari Elise, and Honda S2000.
  • david444david444 Member Posts: 1
    hey, i'm new and hope i'm posting in the right place. could someone please tell me how to change the passenger sidelow beam headlight? thank for any help. david :)
    The Roadsters were introduced in 2005 and there are no 2004 Roadsters. There are a little over 60,000 Roadsters built thus far, my build number is 32195 (last 5 numbers of your VIN).
  • xfiregirlxfiregirl Member Posts: 10
    Hi all had a 2004 in 2004 and picked up a 2004 coupe for 13K was to good to not buy, loved the car then and more now...........awesome price :)
  • xfiregirlxfiregirl Member Posts: 10
    I prefer the coupe loses something with the ragtop.....dont like the line on anything but the coupe
  • sue05sue05 Member Posts: 4
    I also have wear problems, but at 12,000 noticed cracks in the sidewalls of the ContTacIII's.. Dealer had nothing on this. i also checked the tire date, they sent me to STS which is contintal dealer... the break was 560.00 for all 4 tires at that time. As I store my car for the winter I was willing to wait for spring. I now have 20,000 miles on them and it goes away this week. but my other problem is the fan blower, it is very irradic and uncontrolable. On low it will blow high adjusting the speed does not help and there is a funky smell and squealing behind the dash.. Do you have this problem. Dealer told me it was due to road debris in clogging the fan, but sounds like BS to me. never had this problem with any other car.. They want 200.00 to check this.. Its not covered??? anybody else having this issue and how was it resolved.

Thanks
    Sue
  • sue05sue05 Member Posts: 4
    I have a xfire 05 roadster, love my baby,however, baby is in the shop right now. Fan blower is crazy.. Blows full blast on low, can't adjust it when this happens you have to turn it off. Last week it started to smell funky, and squealing at times and again the fan would blast intermittently even on low. So I took it to the dealer.

Here is the line I got... Lady, you have road debris caught in your blower, under the dashboard between the motor and the fan this is what is causing the intermittent surges as it is causing a blockage. To fix this, 200.00, for labor to take off the front grill and clean it... (Sounds like BS). I called back to confirm and again was told due to road debris. Makes no sense to me, I vacuum it when I wash, but how is the debris getting up there,under the car?

Anyone else ever heard of this and how was it resolved.

Sue
    Sue05.........This is true to a certain extent, debris can enter the cooling vents they get in through the plastic vent cover located under the hood near the firewall. Also its more than likely time to change the cabin filter that is where the "funky" smell is coming from. There have however been reports of AC blower fan issues.

Here are 2 posts from a different forum:

1) I also had leaves trapped which made a rattling noise everytime I turned the fan on. I ended up pulling the fan motor out...not that big of a job. If you open the hood, the plastic cover over the vent intake at the ends are fluted. That's how leaves and especially pined needles in my case were able to work themselves into the fan compartment.

2) The Cabin filter is after the blower motor on the Xfire. It is easy to remove the Blower. Remove the access panel under the Glove box. 2 screws. Then you will see a square panel on the right with a couple of white or yellow latches. Unplug the wire connector next to this panel and slide these latches and the panel will come loose. The fan is directly above this panel and there are 3 or 4 screws that hold the fan in place. Remove the fan and use a shop vac or similar to vacuum out the debris. I would also change the cabin filter which is to the left under a rectangular panel with 2 white or yellow slide latches.
  • akestnerakestner Member Posts: 1
    My Crossfire was in the shop for five days for a problem like the one you are
    Having. Another symptom is the fan will not shut off and some times slow down.

They replace a resistor in the blower motor circuit. That seamed to fix the problem.

AL
  • soldonxfiresoldonxfire Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm a newby here, but browsed to see if anyone was suffering problems with their heater fans. My problem seems similar to these here but is actually that the fan it self sometimes refuses to come on - mainly when you need it of course - but if you leave the switch on at some stage during the journey it will kick in. I thought disfuntional switch or short in the electrics but would be interested if anyone has any idea's. With Christmas coming I could do without expensive shop investigative charges!!!