Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    To my knowledge there are no significant changes from one year to the next.....a few minor issues may have been corrected during the production runs....so the newer the better.....if you buy any new XFire...& are the first owner....you will get a Lifetime Powertrain warranty. Production ended 12/17/07....there are probably fewer than a 1000 new ones left in the country. There were only 76,046 Crossfires ever buildt (04-05-06-07-08) & probably about 15,000 of them went to other countries. About 3,000 Crossfires were supercharged (SRT-6). I know of no significant issues with the vehicle....I bought mine new on 12/5/07 & have put 2,700 miles on it & love every minute I'm in it. There are "base" & "Limited" versions of both the coupe & roadster....auto or 6 speed. Expect at least $12K off sticker....in KC you can get 14-15k off.
  • jnomad56jnomad56 Member Posts: 8
    Just checked out Hillview Motors in Greensburg, Pa on the Chrysler.com shopping tools search inventory link.

Advertising great deals - especially on roadsters. ;)
    Discount is actually shown deducted from MSRP.

Spring CDJ in Spring, Texas is also discounting.
  • hotnovahotnova Member Posts: 1
    I, have a Crossfire,05 with less than 1200 miles it is waranteed till 2015
    It is a thrill to drive and I, love it. I, am 67 and my wife gives me a hard time
    with my other love. I, never drove it in the rain and it lives in the garage.
    Not a scratch or touch up paint on it. Runs perfect. It is an SRT COUPE
    CHARCOAL GRAY.
    You should drive it more often.....life is too short to have it as "Garage-Art". I bought my 6 speed Limited new on 12/5/07 & have enjoyed over 3,000 miles already.....goal is to put 1,000,000 miles on it before I die. (Lifetime Warranty).
    Which is the best extended warranty plan carrier and what dealership in the country offers the best price?

I'm taking delivery on an '07 Ltd Coupe in March and would like to get the extended warranty, but may purchase from another dealership offering discounts.

Thanks
    I will be taking delivery on an 07 LTD Coupe and would like to pick up the Service / Maintenance manuals.

Dealer parts have to order them or do they come from a local distributor?

Any places to purchase them discounted?

Thanks
    Can you share the name of the dealer offering the discounts on the extended warranty?

I'm taking delivery on my Ltd Coupe in March and would like to get the best warranty price available.

By the way, I'm a native northside Houstonian now living in East Texas.

Thanks
    Delivery in March? Did you order one of the few '08s that were buildt?
  • riddleboxriddlebox Member Posts: 46
    Read this thread in Crossfireforum.org:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18985

It should answer your questions. I would only buy a Chrysler warranty.
    Send todk64 a PM on that forum and he can hook you up.
  • xfiremikexfiremike Member Posts: 6
    I purchased an extended warranty with my SRT last year when I purchased the car.
    Chrysler has an SRT Division to handle warranties for all SRT vehicles. You choose
    the length of time you want and the deductable or NO deductable amount you want. The warranty is bumper to bumper. All the auto Mfgs. seem to be in a race to get the longest time and mileage powertrain warranties. They are going to make
    money from YOU or they would not be doing it.
    Unfortunately not, I'm picking up a new 07. I am in the Middle East until my first home leave since August last year for only 2 weeks in March and cant get a dealer who would commit to having an 08 model ready for delivery during my time home.

That was my first choice to pick up an 08 since it is the final production run, but the timing for me does not work out.
    Tod is a great guy and I was working with Tod to get me an '08 model, but timing issues did not work out for my Middle East home leave so I settled for an '07 from another dealer further south so I hopefully won't have to deal with inclement weather on my drive back home after taking delivery.

Sad to say Tod is going to another auto dealership within his owner's group and will possibly not be involved in Crossfire sales to the degree he has been according to his recent post on the Crossfire Forum.

I will contact him about an extended warranty and get his input and maybe he can get the sale.

Thanks for the input.
    Anyone on this forum know if any of the 08s were brought into the USA?
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    Yes, and there are 2008's on dealers lots. I have seen them.
    zq8, have you acquired an XFIRE yet?
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    No.
    Gotta tell ya, after 2 months / 3500 miles.....no regrets!
  • dsgoosedsgoose Member Posts: 1
    Hey folks, I have been wondering how people will view the Crossfire years from now? Pure speculation, of course, but I'm curious what you folks think about this.

The Crossfire was released with a lot of excitement. It was a significant departure from Chrysler's typical product line. And ultimately, it was panned by some for lack of pedigree and performance. But surely, it deserves a better place than the likes of the Cadillac Allante? Have I also just described the Pontiac Fiero?

I'm not flame-baiting by the way. I'll be buying my own Crossfire this spring! :)

Cheers.
    All I know is that for months I lusted after a MazdaSpeed 3...test drove 2 of them & also test drove 2 supercharged Cobalts. Also considered the GTI, Volvo C30, etc. I was about to buy one of them when I saw the ad for $13 K off sticker of new Crossfires with lifetime powertrain warranty...as soon as I test drove one ...I was hooked....got it cheaper than either of the other 2 mentioned & it's much more solid & years down the road it's gonna hold up better....for less than $23k this Limited 6 speed is the bargain of the century!
  • rjmckrjmck Member Posts: 7
    I've been researching the Chrysler Crossfire as a replacement for my 1990 Corvette. I have owned the Vette for almost 8 years but now I'm itching to move on to something different. The Vette is my third vehicle and I've only put 10,000 on it since I purchased it eight years ago. I'm not a hard driver and I enjoy driving a sporty vehicle. I prefer manual transmissions to automatics.

Although I haven't driven one yet, I do like the different look of the Chrysler Crossfire. I have an appointment to test drive one this coming Thursday. My dealer friend has offered to let me take one for a couple of days to see if I like it. It is a 2004 Coupe with the 6-speed manual transmission. I would also like to test drive a convertible to see if I would be comfortable in a roadster. I understand the convertibles weren't made until 2005. My aim is a 2004 or 2005 model.

My first choice would be a yellow Crossfire Roadster which are few and far between. Second choice would be a red convertible. After those two I would probably go for a red coupe. My pending test drive in the coupe will give me a rough idea if I'll fit in it. I understand the convertibles are a little less roomy inside, so I would have to test drive a roadster after the coupe before I would consider buying one.

If perchance my test drive reveals I should seek a different model of vehicle, I would probably consider another Vette. Spring fever has struck and a change of cars is what's on my mind. I would like to hear from Crossfire owners to get their opinions about their vehicles re reliabilty, comfort, fun to drive (?), etc. I would also like to hear from anybody who may know of a Crossfire owner who is selling a vehicle as I described in the paragraph above this one. I would like to spend $14,000-$18,000 on this purchase.

Thanks for the read,

Bob M
    Hey rjmck;

Someone on the UK Forum said this:

My wife went and traded her crossfire in. She was tired of not being able to drive it in the snow. She bought a Mazda 6 and is bummed out. She really liked it but not how it handle the snow and we have kids. Anyway, if anyone wants a decent '04 crossfire in Colorado. Macdonald Automotive group in Littleton has it. They only gave us $12,500 trade in. You can haggle them for 13K on it. I saw it today, at the lot, and must say it blows anything away as far as looks go in their used car area.
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I had trouble sleeping last night. My ultimate color for a Crossfire is yellow. I searched the country and only found 4 or 5 yellow roadsters. The closest is in Wallingford CT which is around 100 miles from here. The yellow roadster they have is loaded and also has the Nav system. The only drawback is it has 71K on the clock.

I called my dealer friend last night to make arrangements to test drive a white coupe he has on his lot. While I had him on the phone, I asked if he had any other Crossfires on the lot. He told me he had a black coupe but sold it. He further added he was expecting more in from the auction. While we were speaking two car carriers drive in and he tells me there appears to be a couple Crossfires on them and on is a yellow convertible. I almost fell out of my chair! I said, "A yellow convertible?" He replied, "Yes, I can see it on the truck."

Needless to say, I will be test driving the yellow convertible on Friday. I don't know what year it is or how many miles on the clock, but I'll soon find out. I just hope it's in my price range ($17000-$18000). I have two other vehicles and really don't want to spend a ton of money for a third vehicle that may only be driven a couple of thousand miles a year. Even my 2004 Hemi Dodge Ram Laramee which will be three years old next month only has 12K on the clock.

Watch for more posts regarding my search for a Crossfire!

Bob M.
    I do remember someone on that other forum complaining that it cost him about $2300 to replace his convertible top already.......
    Have you seen the yellow color in person yet?
    I have seen it, and I love it! As a matter of fact I have a yellow roadster sitting in my driveway even as I type. The Crossfire I'm test driving is a 2005 Roadster, 6-speed, yellow exterior, black top, and an all black interior (leather). It only had 6100 miles on it when I picked it up on Friday morning (yesterday). I'm not bringing it back until Monday night.

Yellow is rare color in my area. There are plenty of blues, silvers, grays, whites, and reds, but no yellows for sale. Yellow was my first choice and as fate would have it, my dealer friend got one even before he knew that was my first choice. I was on the phone with him as the car carrier was pulling up to one of his dealerships. That's a definite sign from "Our Lady of Rapid Acceleration".

My desire for a yellow car goes back to 1969 when I purchased a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T, 440ci/375hp. It was yellow with a black vinyl roof and the black R/T strip around the tail end. I use to drag race (track and street) with it, and my best time was 13.86 sec at 105mph in the quarter up at Epping Dragway in NH. I had the 4:56 rear end gears and 15" slicks for that time. That car came out of the hole with a single "chirp" and it was gone. I use to beat a lot of faster cars because they would be spinning their wheels while I was making for the end of the 1/4.

Next Thursday, I'm taking my 90 Vette Coupe out of storage and bringing it to my dealer for trade in. It's also a 6-speed with 78K on the clock. I've had the Vette for 7 years, and I purchased it from the original owner. It was a fun car but recently I've been spending money on it that I can't get back. Time for it to go. I'll miss it, but I will also enjoy owning a Crossfire even if it isn't this yellow roadster I currently have at home.

Bob M
  • mimacmimac Member Posts: 8
    I believe the Crossfire has the same role at Chrysler as the T-bird had at Ford in the 50s. The T-bird was the Ford styling icon 53 through 56 and into 57. You can see T-bird in all the Ford cars of the time. You can see Crossfire in every Chrysler product - Avengers to mini vans. Time will move on but the Crossfire styling DNA is in every Chrysler of the mid 2000s.
    I'm glad you have decided to join us. My 2005 Roadster makes me happy every time I drive it or even look at it. It's not perfect but I enjoy driving mine 9 months of the year and I look forward to the spring each year when I put it back in service. :)
    Good luck in your purchase - it does seem that you were meant to have that car!
    I am a "yellow person" as well. Unfortunately, the SRT-6 was not offered in yellow. I had to settle for a "subdued" silver sapphire blue, but it is growing on me.
    As I definitely have the need for speed, I guess I can live with the color. :D
    Thanks for the good wishes on scoring a dream car! I was suppose to return the yellow roadster this weekend, but the dealer called me and told me to just hold on to it. I told him I would pull my Vette out of storage and bring it up to his dealership for appraisal, but instead he is going to have his appraiser come to where the car is stored to come up with a trade-in value.

I've put around 100 miles on the roadster so far, and I just love it. I sat in a coupe for comparison purposes and my hair touched the headliner. There is definitely more headroom in the roadster. I can't wait to get to the good weather when I can drop the top.

Bye, bye Vette, and hello XFire!

Just living the dream!

Bob M.
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    Congrats on finding your next dream car.

I only have 2 regrets as far as Crossfire ownership goes:

1 - I love my daughter, but I regret having to give up my 2005 Black Limited. Loved that car.

2 - I should have gotten an SRT-6. I would have found a reason to keep that bad boy should I have purchased it!

Once again, and I'm sure others will agree, you are going to LOVE owning it! Just be prepared because people will harass you to talk about your car. The car wash became MySpace/Facebook live as the social spot in my town ;)
    Oh yeah, that dealer is smart. He knows the longer you drive it, the more
    you will want it. It happened after I bought mine. The more I drive it, the more I lke it. Even through the slushy snow it continues to amaze me. :shades:
    When I left the dealer last Friday it was snowing. The last thing I wanted to do was to drive this car in the snow, but I took it anyways. I had no slippage at all on the slippery surfaces. I brought the car home and left it there until the next day. I didn't want to take a chance of getting hit.

I still have the Crossfire at home. My dealer told me to just hold on to it until they can appraise the value of my Vette this coming Friday. Sounds good to me! I figure I will be officially buying it next week.

Bob M.
    I finally brought the Crossfire back to the dealer yesterday. They were doing all the paperwork and registering it for me today. Tomorrow I'll give them a check and the car will officially be mine!

If any of you see a yellow roadster go by and it has Massachusetts vanity plate "NORTH" on it, that will be me! I'm thrilled to add this vehicle to the family.

Any of you fellow Crossfire owners out there belong to the www.crossfireforum.org ? I've been trying to register and do some posting but I haven't been able to get on the board yet. Let me know if you're a member.

Bob M.
    Best I've found is UK Crossfire Owners Club .....
  • dvbretireddvbretired Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my new to my 06 Crossfire convertible today. I hope it all that people are saying it is. I found one here in Az. with only 616 miles on it and the first time it was registared was in July of 07. I have not driven it much yet but plan to very soon. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. It is the limited model with the navigation system. Thanks dvb
    Congrats!...What color? Stick or automatic? Today is my 3 month aniversary for my 07 6speed Limited.....5,000 miles already .....loving every minute in it! Did you get the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
    Congrats on your new XFire! I've had mine since the middle of February and have put about 300 miles on it. I love it!

For more Crossfire info sites try these links:

www.crossfirecommunity.net

www.crossfireforum.org

Stop by and say hello. My screen name at both sites is Xfirenorth.

Bob M
  • daixchrdaixchr Member Posts: 3
    I expect this is an old question, but is there a 5X112 pattern wheel that fits Audi, Mercedes, VW or other car that can be used as the spare for the Crossfire?
  • 06goldxfire06goldxfire Member Posts: 5
    Just in case any crossfire owner is still hung up on the whole lack of cup holders thing, I found the solution in the automotive section of my local Wal-mart. They sell a plastic double cup holder item that slips between the center console and passenger seat. It is held there by friction, so if it is a bother to your passenger (my wife doesn't mind it at all), you can simply remove it and replace it later. I have the black leather interior and the black cupholder more or less just disappears. NOW, the crossfire is PERFECT!!!!!!
  • crossfire66crossfire66 Member Posts: 9
    A Plastic Cupholder in a Crossfire that was made in Germany, you have got to be kidding, especially if you bought it at Walmart,nothing but crap in this store and everything is made in CHINA. I find the cupholder just perfect the way it is,it is cool,may not be exactly large,but if you like 7 Eleven Slurpees then stick with your Walmart Junk,I have a small stainless steel cooler,made in Germany and in the summer time I carry it in my trunk have a 2004 Crossfire,with red interior. Thanks but no Thanks
  • mimacmimac Member Posts: 8
    Snob alert - crossfire66. Get over yourself. My 05' roadster has no cupholder of any kind. If it works for him and his wife so be it. I'm glad your stainess cooler was "made in Germany". That makes it so much better than if it had been made somewhere like the USA. :P
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    So you have to pull over to the side of the road, open the hatch, grab a beverage, sip it, put it back in the cooler and continue driving? OR do you trust the X-Fire cupholder to hold your nice frosty beverage upright when you're driving this fine German auto as it should be driven?

I would tend to agree with the others....this cupholder is a poor design and if you're in such a fine auto to begin with, don't drink a beverage nor smoke in it, not matter what country your vehicle is made in. Otherwise, get something, anything, that would be better suited to its' task.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    We're getting off-track here -- can we get back to the car?

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• srushingsrushing Member Posts: 38
    Hey you Crossfire owners,

I'm wondering if my golf clubs will fit in the trunk space of the Crossfire convertible with or without the top down? Will 2 bags? I'm not talking the huge cart bags, just asmall stand bag.

Thanks
  • xfirebobxfirebob Member Posts: 1
    hi i just bought my 2007 crossfire monday.i saw my dealer had a few discounted between 12-14 thousand dollars in the paper so i stopped down and they actually gave me a good trade in on my truck so it turned into an offer i couldnt refuse.a 37000 + msrp for 24000 and top dollar for my trade yeah i took it right then and there. only put 100 miles on so far but im loving it great fit and finish excellent handling and ride jus t cant wait till summer to drop the top.
  • xfiremikexfiremike Member Posts: 6
    :sick: Well my 05 had some issues on my trip to Florida. It needs the cat. Converters replaced along with the enging cooling fans. It seems exhaust parts are not available as well as cooling fans. I paid over $400 to haul car home and it still is at dealer for same repair. Chrysler has done nothing to help resolve parts problem or why I paid to transport car . The Chrysler dealer and his N.E Pa. Rep were the only help I got while 1300 mi. from home. I am starting to think purchasing a car that sat for 2 years was not a good idea and Chrysler does not care anything about its customers.
  • mickster2mickster2 Member Posts: 7
    Here's what I do: because my trunk has my horse stuff in it I just put the clubs in the passenger seat and smack a hat over the driver and go in the car pool lane.
  • crossfireboycrossfireboy Member Posts: 2
    I've got an 05 Crossfire convertible. It got broken into a month ago :( and among other things the knob to move the outside mirrors disappeared. I have looked online and can't find one anywhere and Chrysler says they can't find one in their parts bin, does anyone know where I could get one of those? And what the actual part is called if i need to know that as well.
    Thanks for any help.
    ?? :confuse: ??
  • tooshaytooshay Member Posts: 13
    Hi Folks,

I am delighted to say that I have recently become a proud member of the Crossfire family. I do wish to pose a question to this forum as I have read most of your postings from 2003 to the present and I feel confident that your knowledge and expertise will point me in the right direction. Here is my situation. I have a 2007 roadster, automatic and frequently when I try to start the engine, the key will not rotate in the cylinder. The first time this happened, I jiggled the steering wheel and the key remained stuck. Then I called the dealership and spoke with a mechanic who suggested that I give the end of the key a solid whack. I told him I was not driving my PT, rather the Crossfire and I felt that whacking the key may damage it. He agreed that striking the key is not a good idea. He mentioned giggling the steering wheel, which I did again and still nothing. I did note that while I was on the phone with him, the locking/security mechanism seemed to be engaging and disengaging as indicated by a clicking sound and flashing red light on the dash. The mechanic suggested that I press the brake pedal and whatever seemed to be locking the key released its grip and the car started. Sadly, this has become a daily event for me. I end up wiggling the steering wheel and pressing the brake pedal to start the car. I have not noticed the locking/security mechanism clicking on and off since my first experience. In addition, there does not seem to be a connection with the car being hot or cold. I spoke with the dealership today and mentioned that I am not panicking at this stage; rather I am monitoring the occurrences, but I won’t hesitate taking it in for exploration. Please note that I have experienced the same results in using both of the keys that have come with the car. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the undercoating application, that was applied just before I took possession of the car, may be interfering, but I am by far knowledgeable about cars in general. Is this a problem that others may have experienced? Does it sound like a sensor/computer issue? All recommendations and guidance is greatly appreciated!!!

With sincere appreciation,
    Cheryl
    Cheryl, mine's a 6 speed & when the key doesn't instantly turn....I have to push it in a little harder.....straight in......