Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• bordercopbordercop Member Posts: 11
    thanks for the phone number, was valuable info, found out I am the 5th owner they say although I believe after research on carfax I am the 3rd. So looks like I'm out of luck. Will see if the dealer is going to make good on anything before I contact the better business bureau.
  • Maggie1Maggie1 Member Posts: 4
    I am the second owner of a Black 2005 Crossfire Limited. The car only had 5000 miles when I bought it....fantastic is all I can say..Love the way this car handles. I would like to hear from other Crossfire owners in the area. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Is there a Crossfire car group in the area ? If not, maybe someone should start one. Count me in!! A weekend drive to different places with a group would be fun.
  • crossfire66crossfire66 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, Maggie, I also have a black Limited edition,with the cinnamon red leather interior. I also bought mine used,had 6000 k on it,Mine is a 2004. I have had it for three years now,and I just love this car. I have had corvettes but this car is a much better quality, and handles a lot better,and I just love the coupes so much better then the convertibles,also a lot more trunk space. I have been trying to meet with other crossfire owners,I live in Michigan,and every summer we have the WOODWARD CRUISE,this year we were suppose to get together,but nothing ever materialized. I would not mind traveling out of state, if you look on the crossfire forum.org, you with see a lot of meetings going on down south they always have a big raaly in the sokey mountauns, I am going to log on and see when they are this year. In the meantime have a Merry Christmas, I am retired and can go any time,so let me know when you are ready. crossfire 66 Peter Kruger :)
  • stelmosstelmos Member Posts: 4
    Hi Maggie, I live in Owings Mills, MD - just outside Baltimore and I have a 2008 Coupe LTD that I just bought on Labor Day and I LOVE my car. I got the Aero Blue - that was a switch as I have always been a black/white/silver car owner, but I just loved the way the car looked in this blue. Anyway, we aren't that far from each other and I have been scoping for a nearby club also but after many attempts on several websites, could not come up with anything - maybe we should be the first!
    Feel free to contact me back. You can also reach me at derick4155@aol.com
    Enjoy, have a great holiday and hope to talk to you
    David
    Hi Peter, Thanks for responding. I have the two tone grey leather interior in mine. Do you ever drive yours in the snow? We haven't had any snow in the past two years. Not that I'd like to take her out in it. The car does great in the rain. Please let me know more about rallys. In the mean time I will check out the crossfire forum.org. You have a Merry Christmas. I look forward to hearing more from you again....Maggie
    Hi David, I too have searched for a nearby club. A former co-worker bought a 2008 Saturn Sky and found that they have clubs all over the US. So I don't know why we can't get one around here for Crossfires. There are at least 4 other Crossfires just in Easton since I bought mine. I'm sure they might like to get together and go for a drive somewhere. Keep in touch and have a Merry Christmas....Maggie
  • ArgeArge Member Posts: 3
    HI Maggie

I live in Michigan, so I do drive in the snow. I have found that in an inch or so it drives as well as any front wheel drive, however when it gets to about 5" or more it is better to not drive it.

From what I have read, if you don't have the all weather tires which stock are the Conti's, you won't have as much success.

Bob
    Hi Bob,
    You sure do get snow up there. We haven't had enough here to worry about YET. I just had all weather tires put on. If we get an accumulation, I think I will just sit back with some hot chocolate and enjoy the scenery. It's not worth the headache of getting out there. The roads will be cleared soon enough. Nice hearing from you.
    Maggie
  • crossfire66crossfire66 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, Maggie, ok here is the scoop there will be a TAIL OF THE DRAGONS Rally,in north carolina on April 3,4,and 5. in the smokey mountains at the Fontana Village Resort.For more information go to www.fontanavillage.com. They have a group discount of 74.25 a night plus tax,I will not know till monday if I am going,those roads have a lot of curves, I was down there about 10 years,can only imagine what fun that would be in a Crossfire. Also go to www.CrossFireForum.org, thats were you can find all the info about this raaly,as of yesterdat Dec.19 33 people have signed up already,and 3 are from Michigan.Hope this info can help,you might want to join the crossfireforum it is free. Peter
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Thanks for letting us know about the rally -- I hope that those of you who are going will keep us posted.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• ChariotChariot Member Posts: 26
    Hi,

I like to know what's the price for a new '08 roadster with all features including nav.?. Please provide me with the dealer information as well. ...PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, Chariot,

I see that you found the Prices Paid & Buying Experience Forum and posted there too; have you checked the dealer inventory tool at http://www.edmunds.com/? It's in the "Search New Car Listings" area under "New Cars".

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

At present most of the dealers are not buzzing. One of the reason is that due to web advt. a lot of folks are inquiring about these cars. Dealers perceives this as a good sign and not negotiating price. I think for us to get a good we need to wait in buying for a month or two, and then price will drop further. No matter what they say, dealers are making a killing in these cars. For instance, even selling '08 Roadster @$15,000 they will make net $3000-$5000.

Patience is the virtue! Economy is tanking and there are barely any buyers for 2 st cars. I will wait before contacting any dealer. In mid '08 dealers were shaving off over $18,000 from MSRP...it will get better.
  • agebhardtagebhardt Member Posts: 8
    I have two Xfires, so I'm not in the market for another, but I'm not sure your idea is the best. It is my understanding that these cars are no longer manufactured, so the inventory (if there are any left) will only go down. The real buzz on the vehicle was in '07 when it was first announced that they were being cut-out. At that time, there was a ton of interest. The discounts were substantial and there were more bought in 6 months than had been sold in the previous 18. If I wanted a new Crossfire, I would make the best deal I could right now. There are also some very nice, low milage ones on e-bay. I love both tmy standard roadster and SRT-6 coupe. They are a lot of fund for the cost and have been virtually trouble-free for me. Good luck.
  • smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    I still can't believe I just paid only $17K for a new 08 auto/nav .....unbefreakinglievable!!
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    It is freakinglievable to me !
    Hello All,

Would anyone please let me know what supplementary packages I should receive in shipping for a fully loaded '08 Limited Roadster? Is dealer needs to send me luggage, wheel cases, CDs etc. separately? I am asking what other materials I should get from the dealer which is not firmly attached to the car. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Please PM me at aryan_76ymail.com.
    Hello All,

Would anyone please let me know what supplementary packages I should receive in shipping for a fully loaded '08 Limited Roadster? Is dealer needs to send me luggage, wheel cases, CDs etc. separately? I am asking what other materials I should get from the dealer which is not firmly attached to the car. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Please PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com.
  • riddleboxriddlebox Member Posts: 46
    I haven't heard of anyone within the past year receiving any luggage. If it was included with your car check for "Touring Gear" listed among the standard features on your window sticker. It is usually shipped to your home in about two weeks. Never heard of anyone receiving any wheel cases. If you have navigation, you should have received the navigation CD's along with the owner's manual from the dealer. If you purchased a Chrysler extended warranty, you will receive a packet of papers in the mail in a couple of weeks.
    Chariot, did you buy one already or still getting ready to buy one?
    You folks are great and thanks for the info! I haven't bought one yet but getting prepared for one____moneywise. I will contact dealers after EPP+++ is over. There is no bonus cash on Xfire and dealers are only interested in selling other Chrysler products. Does anyone knows how Xfire Roadster compares to Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT.
  • dodgeboy1140dodgeboy1140 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Y'all I'm new here and would like to find others in the Va. area and also learn some performance tip on your crossfire tune up tks. dodgeboy1140
  • vprosservprosser Member Posts: 9
    i found out the hard way shortly after i purchased my xfire that there arn't really any performance upgrades for the car. the only thing i have found is from tvt designs. it is pricy though. they claim to get u to 261 hp for 1300. other than than that there aren't any do-it-yourself bolt-ons like most imports. this is my only regret buying one. good luck and welcome to the the club.
    p.s. be prepared for sticker shock when u do your first oil change. ( 8.5 quarts of mobile 1 0w30 at over $7 a quart and a $14 oil filter). good luck and happy driving. they are still alot of fun
    i was wandering if anyone has or know someone that put a lambo door kit on a crossfire. i remember seeing one on ebay that had them when i was finding mine. the pictures looked really good and i think it would make mine stand out nicely. i just wanted to know about how much it would cost to have it done. if anyone has any first hand knowledge, let me know
    i recently passed 24k. iv'e noticed the traction control light turning on more frequently. what is the average tire life and how much are a new set of non run-flats?
    My 07 was a little bit out of alignment from the factory....so I had to replace the fronts at 17K, now at 22K I'm going to try to get to 25K on the rears before I put on the 275/30/19 General Exclaim UHPs that UPS delivered Monday from Tire Rack. For some reason these were a little cheaper than the 255/35/19s (original size). If you want the original sizes .....from Tire Rack....you can get the UHPs (all 4) delivered for a total of $605 (shipping included in that number)....& you should be able to get them mounted for ? $150-200? = a total of <$800? As a reference point I got a quote from a local Goodyear Tire store....F1 AS = Total quote was $1140 installed.
  • decessusdecessus Member Posts: 6
    Welcome aboard, dodgeboy. I'm in the Dulles area. And there are a few Crossfires in the area but no user's groups or clubs. Want to start one?
  • decessusdecessus Member Posts: 6
    I run an 06 Roadster and had a blower motor relay fail showing the symptoms you describe. A one day fix under warraty.
    Good luck.
    Hi,
    It seems like that a lot of dealers are offering the same Max care Lifetime and other options at a wide range of prices. Please let me know what's the best possible price for this warranty and which dealer/s are offering it. I am looking for Max. Care Lifetime wrap with $0 deductible. Someone also can advise what's the best one to buy such as 7yr./100,000 miles instead of lifetime. I know that convenience coverage such as rentals, trip interruption etc. disappear after 7yr./100,000m whichever occurs first. Please PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com.

Cheers!
    The only Lifetime Warranty covers just the powertrain on certain cars.

Try http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31715
    This may help
  • xfiremikexfiremike Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    Just wanted to get my two cents in on Chrysler Warranties. I have an 05-SRT. I also purchased an extended 6 year 60 thou. mi. warranty. When my car needed repaired at 4500.0 mi. there were no parts in the U.S.A to repair it. After two month
    I paid to ship it to Pa. from Fla. Chrysler didnt seem to care I was that far from home.They never contacted me after I got the repairs completed a month after getting home either. I like the car,its made well but I think Chrysler has written off the car and anyone purchasing one. :confuse:
    Hi,
    I purchased my 05 SRT in Jan.07. The luggage was in the car. I returned the warranty card and it came back (No Such Address) I wrote the company and again the letter came back. I called the listed phone number and it was disconnected. I called directory assistance and was told there was such a company but it no longer existed. The cars I saw with Nav systems had the disc in the glove box. I was told there were NO upgreads to this system so I did not look for a car with it in. Also there were 3 discs to this system. One for the section of the country the car was sold in came with the system. You had to purchase the other two if you wanted to. Thats what I was told when I purchased my car.
    Hi,
    I was thinking the same thing. I have seen many pictures of Crossfires with lambo type doors boath coupe and roadsters. But no one has stated what company makes the door kits. I do know from seeing theas doors on cars at shows they make two kits. One kit for doors to operate boath ways and one for just the lambo style open position. I have even seen pictures of sun roof cars. I hope the company makeing the glass roof for the Mustang would make one for Crossfire. :blush:
    Vertical Doors in Corona, CA make a lambo kit for the Crossfire. They open out then up, so you can use the door "normally" if desired. Cost of the kit + install at their factory in Corona is $1100. This includes a 3 yr warranty on the shocks and a lifetime warranty on the hinges. If you have ever priced an install (if you can locate someone that will do it), this is an incredible deal. These hinges usually retail for about that by themselves.
  • 55tbird55tbird Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2005 Limited Roadster, enjoy driving but the ride is not smooth (soft) more like being in a buckboard wagon. Does anybody know if a wheel size change could be possible? I was thinking changing down to a 17 inch (more sidewall tire) wheel for a softer ride. Bolt pattern is 5 x 112, I wonder if there is a 17 Inch wheel with that pattern? Has anybody changed Wheel Sizes to Something Smaller?
    Chrysler website says that '08 crossfires display tire pressures in real time. I am aware of the TPMS alarm signal in the instrument panel which blinks and becomes steady when at least one of the tire is severely under inflated. Does '08 Xfire display tire pressure in real time? I did not find anything about the display of tire pressure in the manual. Please help. By the way, most of the car sold in US now show tire pressure of each wheel in real time even one of the cheapest car like Chevy Aveo.
    No. The TPMS warning light will come on but that's it. And it doesn't take a severly under-inflated tire to trigger it. The TPMS is very sensitive and the loss of only 3-4 lbs pressure will set it off. The light on my car comes on when the temperature is below freezing and the pressure changes - it is that sensitive.
    Thanks for the info. However, I think this is a wrong advert. by Chrysler. Please check this link.
    http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/vsmc/vehicleSpecModels.do?modelYearCode=CUC200804

Click on "Tire Pressure Monitoring Display" under "Wheels/Tires" and it will display the following

"The Tire Pressure Monitoring System continuously checks all four tires and reports back on an overhead display to keep you informed of irregularities that could degrade handling and vehicle safety."

You folks are great!
    Thanks for the info. However, I think this is a wrong advert. by Chrysler. Please check this link.
    http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/vsmc/vehicleSpecModels.do?modelYearCode=CUC200804

Click on "Tire Pressure Monitoring Display" under "Wheels/Tires" and it will display the following

"The Tire Pressure Monitoring System continuously checks all four tires and reports back on an overhead display to keep you informed of irregularities that could degrade handling and vehicle safety.
    I read that page back when the 2008's first came out. It was incorrect, because my 2008 TPS works the same as earlier model years.
  • bparsonsbparsons Member Posts: 2
    My 2006 Crossfire has 2000 miles on it, and I cannot keep the battery charged. Got a new battery. Still won't start. My mechanic thinks something is drawing down the battery even when it's not running. He estimates it will be costly to check out all possibilities, but I am stymied. Any suggestions or has anyone else experienced this problem?
  • slnrdslnrd Member Posts: 3
    Anything electronic in the car that doesn't shutoff properly (the internal computer system leaves 'on') can be the source of the problem.

Checking the error codes with an OBD2 reader might help you narrow it down. Many internal systems can cause the drain as certain circuits are designed to stay active until the master CPU times out and turns the circuit off, however, a short in any circuit can prevent the circuit from shutting off and keep draining voltage. It could be anything from the inside cabin lights, power seats, alarm, locks, nav system, TPS, etc., staying open on the CAM bus in the car. Do the interior cabin lights and parking lights actually go off after a few minutes? Too many computers and circuits in the damn new cars nowdays.

Mercedes has been having a huge problem with this for the past several years. You might also investigate some of the SLK usergroup forms for similiar problems and resolutions. You can also try unplugging fuses one at a time to see if you can isolate the open circuit - it an be very difficult to properly diagnose let alone fix.

One of my neighbors had a $68k AMG C55 that had an unidentifiable battery drain and MBZ replace the battery 3 times but could never find the open circuit. MBZ kept asking if the owners were leaving the lights on in the garage (yeah, right!). I finally contacted MBZ USA on their behalf and got MBZ to take the car back under Calif. lemon laws and my neighbors got a refund check for $35k representing over 40 months of lease payments . . . .
  • sen9917sen9917 Member Posts: 2
    Anybody know how I could get a replacement CD. I've been told mine is defective.

Thanks
  • henry125henry125 Member Posts: 18
    Check you grounding problem. Go thru the car and made sure all ground wire are tight and secure. There are also some gound wires underneth the engine. Let me know it that helps?
    25K on the 07 & 2.5K on the 08......still lovin em!!
    My 2008 has less than 200 miles on it.
    Brad, I know you're a lot younger than me......BUT, you're not going to live forever....use it or lose it! If I could figure out how to drive them both at the same time I would!!
    Most fun to drive car I have ever had. Even better than the Corvette I had many years ago.
  • bparsonsbparsons Member Posts: 2
    I posted on April 28 that my 2006 would not start. My AAA towing guy came up with an answer that may have resolved the problem. My replacement battery was too small. Got a 700 cold cranking amp vented battery, and car has been running like a champ. Thanks for all your advice.
  • jk8jk8 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone had recent experience of buying a new 2008 roadster or coupe and where the pricing is at. I see plenty on the lots and some saying $27k for MSRP $42?