Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• exploder750exploder750 Member Posts: 159
    This is good to hear, and I'll keep the dealer in mind when ready for tires on our '04. I bought this thing because the wife loved it, :D and knowing full well about the tires, recalls, etc. So far, it's been a great little van and our dealer, Kline Nissan in Maplewood, Mn has been excellent to work with.
  • mecquest04mecquest04 Member Posts: 7
    We have just experienced the brake problems many of you have complained about on our Quest '04. Had to do fronts and rears and turn rotors both at a cost of about $500 after experiencing pulsing and steering vibration almost since new. We are now at 30K miles+. Did turn the rotors on the vehicle as recommended and an immediate difference was felt. Anyone with same problems get any satisfaction from Nissan1 or any warranty coverage from the company? Dont feel we should be paying for this when the problem has been so widespread and it is a factory generated problem. any suggestions? TIA
  • mecquest04mecquest04 Member Posts: 7
    Dont know if you have done your tires yet, but good friend of mine just put the Avid TRZ Yokos on his '04 Quest. Look good and sit well on vehicle. He says ride seems better than Goodyear LS2 and wear certainly cant be any worse. He got 30k out of his oem LS2s. Hope this helps if you are still shopping!
  • vpmuttavpmutta Member Posts: 8
    I purchased nissan quest 2004 SE in 2003.Currently avg miles per gallon is going down. currently for long drive it is giving avg 19.5 mpg. Nearly a year ago for long drive it was giving 22 mpg. Now I have 23000 miles. What do I need to improve mpg ?. Appreciate any suggestions.

TIA
    VM
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Have you checked your tire pressure?

Last year I took a 700mi trip and averaged 23.5 mpg.

This year I took the same trip and only averaged 19.5. It was a different time of year, and there were huge traffic back-logs. I checked my tire pressure while I was on the highway and it only read 32.

A couple days latter I had to make the same trip and I used a tire pressure gauge to fill my tires to 35…the onboard comp only read 34 around town. On the highway it read 37psi. My mileage was 22.1.

I think my previous 23.5 mpg was in the summer where the highway psi would go up to 39 or 40.

Also…
    I use premium.
    I reset the trip and mpg settings for each trip.
    The vehicle is loaded with about 700 lbs of people and cargo.
    Half of the trip is in hilly terrain where I don’t use the cruise because it shifts down too much.
    I usually keep the speed around 80mpg

It would be nice if the TPMS also had an auto tire inflate…think Caddy has one.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    I recently inflated our tires to 40 psi cold. On the road it reaches 44 psi. I hope this won't wear out the tires prematurly. I'm too lazy to deflate them.
    Last night I transported a gigantic sectional couch home from Costco in our van. 'course had to fold flat the middle and rear seats for the couch to fit. Had the couch been a little bit wider it wouldn't have fit. It took 3 trips to bring home all the pieces, but it saved us $100 plus delivery charge. Close to 7000 miles and so far so good. Received a recall notice for the seat folding mechanism the other day.
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Lazy Aggies... What's a couple more minutes of your time to do it right? Well, a couple minutes can make all the difference in the Rose Bowl, but I digress...

:P

I believe that may cause "capping", where the tires wear prematurely in the center. Also it will ride more harshly and affect your performance in the wet. I have always gone by the recommended pressure, plus 2-3 PSI for long highway trips or heavy loads.
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    purchased nissan quest 2004 SE in 2003.Currently avg miles per gallon is going down. currently for long drive it is giving avg 19.5 mpg. Nearly a year ago for long drive it was giving 22 mpg. Now I have 23000 miles. What do I need to improve mpg ?. Appreciate any suggestions.

We have an 05 SL. We log all fuel use and I just calculated it for 15-20,000 miles and 20-25,000 miles.

For 15-20 it was 22.9. for 20-25, despite winter and having snow tires (Michelin X-Ice) average was 23.1. So our experience is opposite yours.
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    If tire pressure is good and you are not stop & go, be sure to have fuel filter checked. A clogged line will affect performance
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    One of the first things that the team did was to relocate the gauges to where they should be -- behind the steering wheel.

Yup, it's OK for a Mini or Scion, but not a minivan - even if you get a ton more space up front. Guess we can't argue with her!

The 2007 doesn't have the cargo tray across the front.
    We love the center pod! It makes a more clear view of the road. And it's different. This reviewer's (or the Quest's chief designer) obsession with celebrity really turns me off. Who cares what Angelina Jolly likes?! Everything has to been associated with a celebrity. That's so sick!
    I agree with the other responders, who the he#* cares what Angelina Jolie thinks? My opinion on the dash redesign? Midstream retrofit!! I will admit that the full center pod felt hokey at first, but we're used to it now.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    Who cares what Angelina Jolly likes?! Everything has to been associated with a celebrity. That's so sick!

What really turns me off are celebrities that play a role, and then consider themselves to be "experts"! You see em testifying before Congress on some issue because they made a movie etc..... Total Turnoff.

I like the new front end on the Quest!! But I have a Caravan, at least for a few more years.
    Frankly I have no clue why buyers never warmed up to the 04-06 Quest. All our friends wowed at seeing our van. Don't think they were just being polite. It's modern, safe (standard airbags, ABS, traction control), comfy, functional, and affordable. We paid $24K out the door for an S model with auto door and hatch. I think a big problem is people quit thinking on their own and rely on reviewers to tell them which car they should like.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    Well, we had the Goodyear ComforTread tires put on our Quest SE. They seem like great tires and have the 80k mile wear warranty which the LS2 don't have. They seem to ride better and are quiter.

As far as handling, they seem the same but seem to let the van sway more. They also seem not to track as true on the interstate, requiring minor/slight corrections that we aren't used to. Of course they are new and the tread his higher, which could be attributed to this trait. But, for almost $50 less per tire, we are completely satisfied.

Also keep in mind that Nissan and Goodyear did NOT recommend any other replacement for the LS2 because no other tire offers the same ratings plus the 130+mph speed rating. The ComforTred does meet all ratings (load, etc.) except the speed rating. Good grief..like we are going to be doing over 118+mph on our way to Disney....hehehe
    ;)

Mark
    2004 Nissan Quest SE
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    So you are saying you plan to drive up to 118 on the way to Disney? ;)
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    "Also keep in mind that Nissan and Goodyear did NOT recommend any other replacement for the LS2 because no other tire offers the same ratings plus the 130+mph speed rating."

I think you mean the same size. there are plenty of tires that have the same load and speed ratings. What size tire did you put on?
  • whysterwhyster Member Posts: 14
    Going mainstream...

Autoweek article
    Also keep in mind that Nissan and Goodyear did NOT recommend any other replacement for the LS2 because no other tire offers the same ratings plus the 130+mph speed rating. The ComforTred does meet all ratings (load, etc.) except the speed rating. Good grief..like we are going to be doing over 118+mph on our way to Disney....hehehe

The speed rating recommendation may include other characteristics of the tire, like sidewall stiffness. You've already noted that this tire, "...let the van sway more. They also seem not to track as true on the interstate, requiring minor/slight corrections that we aren't used to." A UTQC temperature rating of A corresponds to a speed of 115mph, without reference to the speed of the vehicle.

Did you get size 235/60?
    When i che4cked with a tire dealer, he mentioned the T rating would give a softer ride. I like the current ride of the vehicle.

Right now I have gotten it narrowed down to the Yoko Avid TRZ and BF GoodRich Traction T/A (235/60 - 16). Both get very good reviews and cost about the same. I think the Yoko has a better treadwear rating and may be quieter.

I'd love to get other opinions on these two tires.
    After I sent this email, I realized I failed to mention, yes, I did get the same exact tire size, 235 60 17, that came on it from factory.
    Just following this thread in regards to folks that couldn't find that tire size, etc. Thought I'd share my experience and what I decided to do.
    So far so good and we're all happy. :shades:
    I think most folks wwho are having problems are the ones with the 225/65-16.
  • vpmuttavpmutta Member Posts: 8
    Appreciated for your reply. Usually I maintain tire pressure at 36 PSI. I do regularly maintenance & oil change at the dealer. I use cruise for most of my long drive and maintained speed at 75 mpg. Next time I will observe verify the tire pressure.

Thanks
    VPM
  • nishonbarunishonbaru Member Posts: 39
    They never warmed up to it because it is a POS. Though it is nice looking, mechanically the van has been a disaster. Look at the postings in the 2004+ problems. The Q has the worst relibality of any van in Consumers Reports. Recalls out the wazoo. People are crazy not to depend on those reviews. The experience of those who already own the van are worth there weight in gold. My Quest is a :lemon:
    I'm truly sorry to hear you had a bad experience. No excuse on Nissan's part for all those problems. Fortunately ours (05) has been trouble free so far. I'd like it to remain that way. We've only received one recall notice about the seat's folding mechanism. I wish the MPG were higher though. Only getting ~20 mpg with mixed driving.
    They never warmed up to it because it is a POS. Though it is nice looking, mechanically the van has been a disaster. Look at the postings in the 2004+ problems. The Q has the worst relibality of any van in Consumers Reports.

They should pay you to buy another brand......
    I finally purchased a hitch and bike carrier for our Quest SE. I purchased the 'hidden hitch' and Thule 5 bike carrier.

I was really surprised how easy it was to mount the hitch. I only had to remove the bracket holding the rear muffler and remove the small heat shield. The hitch support beam effectively replaces the heat shield. The taps for the bolts that held the hitch were already in place from Nissan. Also noticed that the location in which the hitch mounted did not have the underbody rust proofing. I was surprised at the planning that was put into the manufacturing process to allow easy hitch installation.

The hitch is truly hidden. The main support cross bar of the hitch is completely hidden behind the bumper cover. The only thing visible is the mount point of the hitch. It is also fairly well recessed so that the kids won't run into it.

With 5 bikes on the rack, you can definitely tell they are back there but, I'm pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone thinking about doing the same.
    :)
  • ydchoeydchoe Member Posts: 7
    Any chance you can share the picture with us? Also how much was the 'hidden hitch'? Thanks.
    They are. We have sued nissan
    Has the worst reliability rating of any minivan
    Lol.

Well, we now have 25,000 miles on our 2005 with no problems. It's an amazing vehicle. None of the other owners I know have had any problems either.

I don't know who you are, but I notice that ALL your recent posts are Nissan bashing posts. You don't post anything about any other vehicles.

At a certain point one has to wonder why a very small number of completely anonymous posters post again and again and again about their problematic vehicle.

When does the Moderator step in?
    Sure...Here are the pictures:

Wire harness on left and hitch mount in center. No other visible parts.

View from above. Actually the hitch mount is recessed more than it looks as the bumper is curved out. (See bottom picture.)

This picture is from passenger side above muffler. I had to remove the heat shield and it was replaced by the hitch. You can see one of the three bolts here.

This picture is from the drivers side. You can see the two forward most bolts.

Here is a side view showing just how well concealed this hitch is.

Total cost of hidden hitch, $168. :)
    And, btw, love our van, continues to be trouble free!

(Don't see many pictures on Edmunds forums, hope this is OK.)

Mark
    Thanks famof. I may have to get one of those. what is its rating?
  • spoonieboy1spoonieboy1 Member Posts: 22
    I have noticed the same negative comments from a small group of people. Just when does the moderator stop this. As the bashing is allowed it really cheapens this site. These posters must be angry because the bought a Dodge or Chevy for more than a Quest costs. My 2005 Quest S is a fine vehicle. Very few minor problems and one hell of an engine, it's a blast to drive. nishonbrau eat your heart out!!!!!!!!!
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Member Posts: 44
    Hi everyone,
    I'd like to share with all of you, especially those in the market for a minivan, my good fortune story with the Quest. In May 2005, we bought a Quest O5 SE and since then, have accumulated about ~8500 miles. I, as the main driver, have used it mostly in city. For our conditions (70% city/30% freeway), the MPG is ~17, but this improves up to 26-28 MPG on the long trips we have taken. One word to describe how this van has performed for us: FLAWLESS! :) I've had a blast driving this van. In comparison one of my male friends having to drive a Toyota Sienna told me his friends at work teased him to be the most "un-sexy" dad! That's an issue for other forums, right? At least, I don't feel that way! Everybody, including my wife and 2-year old daughter, who rode in this van just LOVED it. They all loved the Quest from its styling to the spacious interior, the "stadium seating" of the 3rd row, the Skyview roof, the 2-screen DVD system, and let's not forget, the central pod. Yes, the central pod all the reviewers, including Edmunds's site, LOVE TO HATE. My one (maybe two) word to these people: GET LOST! My 2 sisters-in-law, my own sister and their kids love to call my van the "spaceship" with its pod and interior design. All, including my wife who's very critical on everything, think this is cool while retaining all the practicality. When we were shopping for a minivan, I as many other people, worried about the Quest for its assembly problems. Therefore we also looked at the Toyota Sienna XLE (w/ package #7 for comparable equipment). While Sienna is a finely built vehicle, the Quest edges it out for the following reasons. First, IMO the Quest exterior style is unique. All the other vans, including the Sienna even though just redesigned, have the same general form. Not appealing at all to me. For that reason, we didn't even bother to look at Honda Odyssey (has it even been redesigned?!!! :) ). Second, the Quest spacious interior is second to none. My head ALMOST touched the Sienna ceiling with the lowest seat setting, while I still have at least 2-3 inches in the Quest. The Quest "central aisle" allows my wife to go back and forth to tend to our daughter much easier than the Sienna. No 'stadium seating" in the Sienna either. Overall the Quest with its Skyview roof gave us an airy, comfortable feeling while we just felt claustrophobic or "being in the dark" in other vans. We have transported a few bulky items and the Quest never gave us any problem. The fold-flat 2nd row is extremely convenient because we can carry whatever big items to a destination, unload them, and with the seats back up, can now carry 7 people. The Sienna made you either roll the 2nd row seats up front (still taking some space vs the Quest fold-flat seats), or remove them completely (How do you carry people at your new destination, making them sit on the van floor?!!!). As for the "fewer" storage compartments in the Quest vs other vans (as some reviewers pointed out!), let me just say this. A few times we had 3 kids, 4 adults with all the luggages, DVDs, drinks, food, books, toys, etc. and NO ONE ever said a word about not being to store the things they want to carry along. Hum, that makes me wonder what they carried along when these reviewers test drove the Quest? Their whole house?! Move on... Finally our Quest has been ABSOLUTELY trouble-free. JUST FLAWLESS AND WE LOVE IT. We cannot ask for any better van. So my advice to the new minivan shoppers: Ask yourself this question, "Do I want to be in the same mold as everybody else or want to have something different?" If you'd rather eat vanilla ice cream ALL THE TIME, then all the other minivans are there for you, but if you like variety in your life, then you ought to give yourself a chance to look and test drive the Quest. My personal belief about the Quest failure to capture a wider audience resides in its assembly quality, and nothing else. I sincerely believe that Nissan either rushed the Quest out in the market too fast before conducting all the necessary tests to see if all the parts perform well in the longer-term tests. Or they slack up in their quality control at their assembly plants. However I also believe they corrected most of their assembly quality problems since most of the posts in these forums are related to the Quests 03 or 04, and not 05 (like mine) or 06. My final word: Quest is ABSOLUTELY a fine minivan in whatever aspect you choose to look at. As a new buyer, you make a HUGE mistake if you rule it out because of many complaints related to the 04 Quests. Remember, vanilla ice cream or something else? :)
    Good driving to everyone,
    Phuc
    Excellent write up. My wifes loves our '04 Quest S. I stay on top of the recall and other nickel-dime squeek issues, and she's very happy.
  • carzzzcarzzz Member Posts: 282
    I agree that Quest is a great van that has spacious interior, fun to drive (as a van), fold-down 2nd row, hidden storage, TPMS, Center Gauges, sky-view, etc...
    However, it lacks some of the great features against the competitors. Hum... 2nd row up/down windows, full length side curtain, split fold 3rd row, spring assist 3rd row, head rests must be removed when fold flat (2007 has the spring assist and 2nd row fold down without removing head rests), HID or projector headlights, 4WD, 8 seats capacity, etc
    Fact: honda sold 16850 Ody and Toyota sold 13912 sienna last month. Sadly. Nissan could sold only 2489 Quest. The sales for both sienna and ody went up while quest sales went down.
    IMO, there are a few reasons behind this because of it lacks many features/contents (listed above) and many people can only peek the gauges through the steering wheel rather than move the eyes slightly down right and lastly the consumer report rated "POOR" on reliability. Hopefully, it will be redesigned on MY2009 and stay ahead on the competition.
    However, it lacks some of the great features against the competitors. Hum... 2nd row up/down windows, full length side curtain, split fold 3rd row, spring assist 3rd row, head rests must be removed when fold flat (2007 has the spring assist and 2nd row fold down without removing head rests), HID or projector headlights, 4WD, 8 seats capacity, etc

By full length side curtain do you mean extend to the third row?

I know my 05 SE has a full curtain to the 3rd row…and believe it was the only one available with it when I purchased it. I think…not certain, that the 06’s have them standard…and in 05 you needed to get the SE.

Most all of the other items you mention revolve around the 3rd row seat…I’ve folded mine down once and it worked and functioned perfectly. If every other day I was folding it down I may want the head restraints integrated so they move in to the floor.

2nd row windows…don’t care for them…have trouble with the kids sticking their hands out the rear windows as it is. Either I’m on the highway…so all windows are closed…or it’s either too hot or too cold to leave the windows open.

HID’s…not a deal breaker, would be nice.

4WD…don’t want it.

8 seat…ok…if they have a few engineers sitting around not doing anything they could work on this.
  • carzzzcarzzz Member Posts: 282
    It does not have a full length side curtains, which cover from 1st row to 3rd row in full... go to nissanusa.com and click "safety", you can see the van has side curtain standard, however, the side curtains cover only about half both first row and second row. Yes, the 3rd row gets well protected.

What about trizone climate control, teloscopic steering wheel, more gear selections... i havent listed, but i found those thing are not as useful. The average buyer may want features i listed on post #1994! That's why they pick others over quest... also, i have 2 other points on the #1994 that also causes the poor sales. Lastly, many people describe it has too much hard plastic in the car! However, I like this interior a lot, IMO the interior is just as good as ody and sienna (my eyes are good and dont need an eye examination :P)!
    head rests must be removed when fold flat

If you move the front seats forward a bit and the headrest is down, you can leave them onnow - we do it all the time.
    It does not have a full length side curtains, which cover from 1st row to 3rd row in full... go to nissanusa.com and click "safety", you can see the van has side curtain standard, however, the side curtains cover only about half both first row and second row. Yes, the 3rd row gets well protected.

Still don't see it...it shows all the areas where your head may come in contact covered by the side air bag.

"Side Curtain Air Bags*
    Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags help provide enhanced head protection for front-, second-, and third-row outboard passengers."

Tri-zone...agreed...wouldn't quad zone be better. Front Passenger - 1 and Front Driver - 2, 2nd row seats - 3, 3rd row seats - 4
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Everyone's opinion is welcome, but it's limited to their opinions about cars -- not other posters. Because everyone's entitled to an opinion about cars, you're likely to see posts that bother you; the best way to deal with them is to pass over them without engaging the poster or acknowledging the post. If you have problems with the moderation of the Forums, I'll be happy to discuss it via email; doing so here only bogs the discussion down.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

The hitch is a class III hitch, rated for 3500lbs.
  • ydchoeydchoe Member Posts: 7
    Thank you very much for sharing. It looks great! Are you plan to install a Transmission Cooler as well?
    I have noticed the same negative comments from a small group of people
    Small group?
    The vast majority of postings concerning the 2004 are negative.
    Just when does the moderator stop this. As the bashing is allowed it really cheapens this site.
    Why should the moderator stop this? You want to only read positive reviews? An open minded person would want to know everything and then form and opinion.

These posters must be angry because the bought a Dodge or Chevy for more than a Quest costs
    Why would I post anything about a car that I don't own. I have never owned an American car. I want to let everyone know what my experience has been with Nissan and the Quest. Do you want the work invoices from the dealer? I have all of them. I can E-mail copies to you. They have been scanned and sent to my atty. Furthermore, I think all you owners of 2004's that post such positive messages about the Quest must work for Nissan and are trying to salvage any credibility Nissan has.

Again, your positive experience with the Quest is great. I hope you don't have to go through what I have gone through with Nissan. However, I believe that my experience is more the norm. Do your research. Even check the owner reviews of the 2004 Nissan Quest here on the Edmunds site. Check Consumer Reports. Read the 2004+ problems posted here on Edmunds.

You may come away with a different opinion than I have. But I really believe that Nissan has delivered a mechanically inferior product.

By the way, it's not the engine that is the problem. Breaks, transmission, and rattles beyond the norm are.

This is all I'll say about my experience here. I had always reserved my postings for the 2004+ problems and solutions page. As for my Quest, it's a :lemon:
  • spoonieboy1spoonieboy1 Member Posts: 22
    nishonbaru, all your prior posts consist of one sentence cheap shots about the Quest. Is it any wonder your motivation is questioned. You have a shout it from the mountain top posting history. You say you got a bad Quest and by god they are all bad. Well thats just not true, the vast majority are well put together fine vehicles. Lemons do happen to all brands of vehicles not just Nissan or Quest. The Quest has less problems than most vans. A few Quests do have brake rotor, tranny module and rattle issues but no more than a Honda or Toyota. Check other minivan forums you will see the same issues discussed.
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Member Posts: 44
    Hi Nishonbaru,
    I am sorry for all the trouble you and others who have experienced with your Nissan Quest. Having said that, I'd like to bring up a few issues. First, it seems that fewer peopple complaint about the Quest 05 or 06. You yourself pointed out most of the complaints either in this forum or "problems and solutions" forum are tied to the Quest 04. This suggests that Nissan has listened/read their client's complaints and gone back to fix SOME of these problems. To me the Quest assembly quality has improved a lot since their first release. Personally I experienced NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with my Quest 05. Couldn't ask for a better van. Second, the Quest poor reliability and negative reviews in different sites/journals. My one world for all of them: BIAIS! For instance Edmunds's reviewers tested the Quest 04 SL rather than SE while they did the test with Sienna XLE Limited. Their choice introduced a biais that perhaps not many people, including themselves (!!!), realized. For all their ranting and raving about the engine, transmission, equipment, etc. it all caused by their initial choice of model to be tested, and not due to the vehicle itself. Nevertheless their words undoubtedly hurt the Quest in comparison to other minivans. Therefore to the potential buyers, Quest seems to be the vehicle to stay away. In addition I venture quite often to Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey forums. There you find many people who are also very dissatified with their vans which BTW consistently ranked higher than the Quest in many minivan comparisons. To me it just seems strange that there the owners appear less virulent in expressing their dissatisfaction, whereas some including you here claim their Quest is a lemon. Again, to be fair, should we all call the vehicles giving us trouble "lemon" regardless of their brand? :P. Another example of biais is related to the Quest center console. In my earlier post, I mentioned that's one item all the reviewers LOVE TO HATE. What's the big deal about it?! BTW, Toyota scion , echo and yaris have similar configuration. But here do we hear any virulent critic as we saw with the Quest? Nope, nada, niet! Why double standard? Is it because perhaps it's Toyota (the Edmund's reviewer golden child!)? In the same vein, I should perhaps mention about the stacked gauges in the new Honda Civic. Wow, talking about crowding your DIRECT FIELD OF VISION! Again very "velvety" critcs from different reviewers? Hum, conspiracy against the Quest?!!! :P On the Quest, one Edmund tester, perhaps Karl, even said,"I will NEVER EVER like the Quest center pod!" Hum, did he say the same thing about Toyota vehicles?!!! Perhaps you should ask him as you suggested in your post,"Do you also work for X company in addition to your regular job as vehicle reviewer?!" :)... Finally contrary to your claim Quest is NOT a mechanically inferior product. Again, your bad experience with your own Quest may seem to say so, but other minivans experience just about the same set of problems too. For every unhappy Quest owner, there is a satisfied counterpart and this applies to all brands. We should all remember that in these particular forums, it should come as no surprise that most of the posters experience various degrees of problems with their vehicles, and seek advice/help from other fellows, and are naturally unhappy with what they're experiencing. Happy owners have really NOTHING to say about their vans, right? I wish you a happy (or happier) ending with your Quest, be it Nissan buy back or refund, whatever, and you be happy with your choice of next vehicle. I understand your and every other owner's frustration about the Quest problems, but as I said, these seem to be tied with the Quest earlier versions.
    Have a good day,
    Phuc
    "Furthermore, I think all you owners of 2004's that post such positive messages about the Quest must work for Nissan and are trying to salvage any credibility Nissan has."-nishonbaru
    Sorry, I have no vested interest in Nissan other than my wife liked the Quest so much we went ahead with purchasing a used '04, knowing full well of the potential issues. Quite frankly, the thing is a barge to park, but she loves it. Ours is a fairly early build, 10/03, and not bad overall. The tranny module issue happened, and being aware of it from this forum, I promptly parked and re-started it. It ran fine after that, and I was able to take it to the dealer without frying the tranny, and they promptly fessed up and replaced the module. Outside of that, they've been very good about taking care of the rattle issues/recalls, etc. I'm rotating the tires regularly and keeping close eye on the brakes. The plastic push pin fasteners that hold plastic shrouds into place are rather chinsy, so I'll need to keep those replaced. All in all, we got a good deal on our '04, and we like it. Hell, it's bigger and more powerful than our old '95 Caravan, and it does better on gas. But man, I hate parking that tank. :)