Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• lumbarlumbar Member Posts: 421
    Presumably, anyone who bought a Quest wouldn't agree with the assessment in that write up--at least I hope they wouldn't.
  • raul4raul4 Member Posts: 95
    carguy1234 and lumbar

DO YOU OWN A QUEST. IF SO, WHAT MODEL?
    I don't own one. I read the board because I'm seriously interested in one for our next purchase.

The point of my post was this--most people who have bought one are reasonable people who checked them out ahead of time. That indicates to me almost by definition that they represent a group of people who wouldn't agree with what looks to me like a less than positive assessment from Edmunds. I'd be surprised if they -didn't- feel differently than the reviewer.
  • dwmeldwmel Member Posts: 6
    I agree with the assessment of the long term test
    and I have a 2004 Quest Se. Quilty of the Quest
    is very poor.
  • shenkarshenkar Member Posts: 159
    I also own a 2004 SE, with 10,983 miles on it, and everyday I drive this van, I'm happy I bought the 100k warranty with it. I'd be totally freaked out if I didn't have it, even though I'm sort of doubtful that it will cover the kinds of quality issues the new Quest seems plagued with.
    I can tell you without a doubt that if I had it do all over again, I would still buy my 2004 Quest SL over all of the other minivans manufacturers on the market.
    I would say that it all comes down to individual taste. I just feel that the 2004 Quest is distinctive in styling both interior and exterior. I am definitely a minivan consumer and I enjoy driving a minivan that is set apart from all the rest.
    I just hope I'm enjoying it as much in the years to come as I am now.
    The only part of their assessment that bothered me, as a prospective buyer, was the criticism of the transmission on the SL. Much of the rest was rather subjective, but the transmission is obviously an essential component with the potential to diminish the engine, one of the best parts of the van. I don't see spending the $$$ for the SE, and I have to admit that I don't agree with the decision to put a different tranny on the SL.
  • jimbo_colo2jimbo_colo2 Member Posts: 11
    We purchased a Quest SE. We looked at all the 2004 minivans. Narrowed them down to two: the Quest and the Sienna. We decided that if we were to buy the Sienna, we would do away with the center console in order to have the center pass-through. This would do away with the Sienna storage advantage of the console and make the Quest and the Sienna equal in terms of storage. Our decision was to add storage packs to the backs of one of the front row seats and one of the middle seats in either model.

Ultimately we picked the Quest over the Sienna for three primary reasons: cost, availablity, and the adjustable pedals in the Quest as opposed to the telescoping steering wheel.

And no regrets.
  • cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    I personally don't agree with all that was said about the Quest. If I didn't own one, that report would have made me think the new Quest was an under powered, poor handling, cheaply designed, piece of junk that was falling apart. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would like to quote what they said about the performance of the 2 vans in their long term test.

-------------------

Long-Term Test: 2004 Toyota Sienna
    December 2003
    Quote:
    The Sienna's engine earned so-so marks from our editor: "It was adequate for general city and highway driving. While passing other vehicles on the highway wasn't an issue, you really have to punch it to merge onto the highway from most ramps I traveled on. It would have been nice to have a bit more acceleration on these occasions."

Long-Term Test: 2004 Nissan Quest
    Introduction
    Quote:
    "The Quest certainly feels potent during straight-shot highway blasts," Erin said, "and I had no trouble finding a cruising speed that had me glancing in the rearview mirror every couple minutes. Be that as it may, on any sort of uphill grade, acceleration was much less satisfying." This had nothing to do with the engine, our editor felt, rather the four-speed automatic transmission that comes standard on the SL model.........................................
    Drive an SL model back-to-back with a five-speed Odyssey or Sienna, and I don't think there's any way you could find the Quest more enjoyable to drive."

--------------------------

I guess driving a van (Sienna) which has a hard time passing on the highway is more "enjoyable" than driving a van (Quest) that "feels potent" on the highway. Hey, I am just pointing out what they wrote in their report!!!
  • slhmtbslhmtb Member Posts: 3
    Hey vince14, I saw that you posted a question about aftermarket fog lights on your 2004 SL a couple months ago. I have one too and want to add fog lights as well. I talked to the dealer and they said Nissan doesn't have any kind of package, they could probably work out something but it would end up costing around $400 so they suggested aftermarket. I have looked around a bit and haven't found anything yet. Can you let me know if you have had success. Thanks.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think the editors love it when people read their articles as closely as you did. Nice work :-)

Did I dream that Quest trannies were in short supply initially and that was the reason for putting the 4 speed in the SL model? If so, you'd have to guess that the 5 speed will be standard across all three trim lines with the '05 model.

Steve, Host
    I presume you are referring to the part of their assessment which states that it doesn't downshift quick enough by minivan standards and that the van really needs a five-speed automatic that is quick on the draw.
    I am certainly not an expert on transmissions but I do know that my SL is really quick on the draw by way of comparison to the other minivans I have owned. This feature may be an individual personal thing and for me the four-speed in my SL has more responsiveness than I need to worry about. As far as the potential to damage the engine is concerned, I don't see any mention of that aspect in the assessment. However, I would say the only way to find out for what is best for you is do what the author suggested and that is drive an SL back-to-back with a five-speed Odyssey or Sienna.
         The thing that I was attracted to in the 2004 Quest was its dynamic good looks, how it felt sitting behind the wheel and driving it. It was a very positive reaction and one of the best minivans I have ever driven and/or owned. I hope that feeling continues indefinitely into the future.
  • gg2k2segg2k2se Member Posts: 109
    My Opinions on the Edmunds Review;
    YES, the middle seats do adjust, sounds like the reviewers haven't figured that out yet.

Poor Karl sounds like my father-in law Guenther, uncomfortable with anything different than how GOD intended it. He makes it sound as if the Gauges were mounted upside down under the seat, instead of a few inches to the right. Any reasonable person should not view the center gauges as a liability. They are quite readable with a light turn of the eyeballs.

Styling is very important to most people. i like to drive something that makes me feel good, and for me (not everyone) the styling of the Quest is much better than the other bland choices.

Power and steering feel are excellent, but steering can be heavy at low speeds. I have the SE 5 speed, but test drove a 4 speed rather hard and I thought it shifted well. I've taken several 5 hopur trips with no discomfort from the seats, but seat comfort can be very subjective. Maybe the reviewers havn't figured out how to adjust the seats yet?

My van has no issues with fit/finish. Everything appears to line up correctly.
  • shairkhanshairkhan Member Posts: 28
    We are in the market for a minivan for the wife. She currently has a Pontiac Transport. She likes that, but after Warranty Gold went bankrupt which we had a 7yr/100K warranty with, we have decided to sell this. Nothing wrong with it yet… It is just that I do not feel comfortable knowing the inherent problems with GM 3.4l engines.

Anyway, Could y’all please tell us which Minivan you chose and why? We are currently looking at Sienna, Sedona, Odyssey and Quest. Please also mention which model year you drive. While we were at Kia dealer we also drove Sorento…. Though not a Minivan but she liked it very much.

Also, regarding Odyssey… I know 3 people who have that. Two of them had transmission failure at 20K & 50K. Although covered under warranty; I would still be concerned if Honda is having problems with Transmission.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
    Shair A. Khan
    Well, first off I don't recommend the Sorento and not because it's a bad SUV (it looks nice), but the gas mileage on that thing is horrible. Something like(city15/highway20).

I myself, bought the Quest a few months back and very happy with it. The decision process I first made was whether I wanted domestic or import brand. My last 2 vehicles were Chryslers and lets just say 2 is enough. I didn't want the current Ody because my dad has one and frankly I find it really boring of a van (plus new one coming out soon). Then I test drove the new Sienna, and found it to drive like an SUV (not sedan like) and you will be paying MSRP for it. So I went for the Quest, since the price was negotiable and looks and drive great, and comes with many standard features. The Quest's V6 has been in use for many years in the Nissan lineup and it's problem free.

I'd recommend you to test drive them first, then get the brochures home and compare feature for feature along with the price you will be paying. With all the many features that comes with vans these days, you really have to know every feature for each model for each make to do a proper price comparison.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I purchased the Quest S about a month ago and love it so far. Looked at thte Odyssey, MPV and T&C as well. LIke them all. The funny thingis as nice as the T&C is inside (and out) it seemed to be the most dated. Was not a fan of their console. The ride and handling was fine but it was by far the most expensive minivan esp. when compared commn features. Teh MPV was jsut to small. Good deals can be had on them. The Odyssey drove the nicest of them all but the interior is a bit spartan. And the dealers around here wanted MSRP which is crazy esp. considering the competition and the problems they are having with the transmission (yes it is a real problem).

We liked the Quest styling, interior space, standard features, and the center pod was easy to get used to. You have plenty of power plus pretty good gas mileage. I didn't realize the proven 4 speed transmission was woefully inadequate until I read the long-term test drive here on Edmunds. I'll be honest with you. I research the other vans that had the 5 speed AT and all 3 are having issues with them. Yes the 5 speed is faster but the 4 speed is no slouch by any means.

But do yourself a favor, there are probably 5 - 7 good minivans ou there. Do your research as far as features, price, etc. and then test drive them. Don't let rebates sway your decision. Narrow it down to your favorite vans first then consider price. You'll be much happier inthe long run.

Good luck.
  • just4fun2just4fun2 Member Posts: 461
    Your post really makes no sense. You are worried about putting money into something that isn't broken. You will be paying more money in sales tax on any new van than most repairs will be on your current Montana, "if" and when it happens.

Now, if you just want something different, then that's another story.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    but people dont think about it that way. they think:

"wow!!! i can get a brand new one for only $50 a month more!!! sign me up!!!"
  • quest132kquest132k Member Posts: 17
    By posting this question on the Nissan Quest board, you are likely to get some biased answers. Check out the "modelX" vs "modelY" discussions for lots more feature-by-feature opinions.
    My story:
    Drove an '86 Aerostar (with stick shift manual!) from 1986 - 1993. Kept that van in the family until about '97.
    Drove a '93 Quest from 1993 until last October. Still have it and try to drive it once a week.
    So if you count the overlapping years with two vans in the family, that's over 20 years of minivan experience.
    New van is a 2003 Mazda MPV.
    My default assumption for the last couple of years was that my next vehicle would probably be an Odyssey, but I wanted to test drive the new Quest and new Sienna also.
    among these 3:
    The Quest (IMO) is the best "driver's" car. I don't know how the latest Edmund's reviewers felt that its acceleration was lacking or handling was mediocre. Drove very sedan-like.
    The Sienna is the "most luxury feel" car. Nice interior. Not so appealing price.
    The Odyssey is the "safe bet" - proven reliablity record, conservative styling, boring to drive.

And then I decided that I really didn't need (or want) anything that large. Given my current family size (2 kids still at home, off to college in a couple of years, so we still need the hauling capacity) I decided that the MPV was just right. If you need to carry full-size adults in the 3rd row more than occasionally, they won't be happy back there. But if the size meets your needs, it's a great value and has super handling, braking, and parking convenience. I wish that the smaller size and weight translated into better gas mileage as well, but I guess you can't get it all.
  • canada933canada933 Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone!!

THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS. Does anyone know if their is a code or some way to allow you to use (all the features) your navigation system while the van is moving. Their should be a sensor that tells when atleast someone is in the passanger seat so its not the driver possibly using it.

PS. vans are so much cheaper in the USA than Canada. My fully loaded quest SE is $880.00/month to lease.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    email me and I can point you to the mod that worked on the fx.(same nav system)
  • laundryguylaundryguy Member Posts: 89
    I agree with earlier post - this area is kind of biased to Quest - but I honestly think it delivers the best value in many cases.

For reference, I have been driving a 1995 Ford Windstar since 8/10/94 and it just cracked the 125k mark this week. Needed plenty of tender loving care and $ to make it though. Still runs, but it is time to move on...

I'm getting quotes right now to buy a Quest because it suits my needs best for the following requirements:
    *3500 lb tow capability (Freestar is 2000 lbs now, or at least through late March from what I hear). I got about 2900 lbs of boat, trailer, and gear to pull.
    *Just $540 for the towing kit. Ody will set you back $1200 or so. No add on tranny or oil cooler - just hitch and harness. All you need to add is a bar and a ball - which you can probably get dealer to toss in since only about $25. I will note that Sienna does this equally as well. *No need to upgrade interior packages like Dodge/Chrysler to be able to get tow package - maybe adding features you were not necessarily interested in.
    *Absolutely the best interior space. I have four boys - soon to be four big boys and that back seat gets lots of room. Compare back seat leg room - Quest is at the top going 41.6/41.2/41.1 front to back. Freestar is 40.7/38.0/32.7 - obviously Ford folks stole 2.5 from Windstar rear seat to make their flip 3rd row fit in the car.
    *Availability and pricing - NE Wisconsin Siennas are few and far between and you pay the sticker if you can get one. Internet search shows many Nissans available.
    *Current GM (Pontiac/Chevy) minivan products have clunky 3rd row seat, and limited carrying space behind third seat. New one coming out this fall I hear - but is it worth the wait? Really a dated product when I looked at it recently
    *Freestar had really cheap interior (plastic not cloth arm rests, etc). Look for $2500 rebate to skyrocket soon as these will not sell against what is out there. Pity too since we really liked the Windstar for first 100k miles, even after a new tranny piston and head gasket. Be cautious of suspension. At least new digital speedometer solves mechanical speedometer problems that Windstar had.

What I have heard/seen:

My dad has a 2002 GMC Safari - very nice - good tow vehicle, but ride is anything but car like and has high step in height

Sister has a Circa 1996 Dodge Caravan - OK car, but multiple tranny issues like everyone else.

I never looked at the Mazda because of size but have heard good things from neighbors who own one.

Co-worker with new 2004 Sienna loves it. But paid through the nose for it.

Neighbor has 2000 Ody - resale value is tremendous for trades (must be best in class), nice ride, but falling behind on interior features and much higher price.

Lastly - I own a 1997 Pathfinder which beyond an exhaust system and two new front struts (the only real weakness) has performed incredibly for 80,000+ miles. The quality is really there and I can't see the Quest being anything but spectacular based on what I have read in the 2004 Quest problem section (read through if you are considering).

Laundryguy
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Since you own and like a Nissan Pathfinder, the Nissan Quest would be the best choice for you even if another brand may appear better. Stick with the brand you know and trust.
         Specs indicate one thing. A real world test is much better.
        On paper the Quest has better leg room for 3rd row passengers than exists when sitting inside the Quest. That carpet thing that hangs down from the 2nd row seats has a very limiting effect on 3rd row foot comfort.
         In real world testing, the Odyssey has the best foot and leg room in 2nd and 3rd row seats of any minivan.
         Based on initial specs, the 2004 Sienna became my first choice. However, sitting in all minivans changed my opinion. The Odyssey is first choice based on most power, highest resale value, and best value for the MSRP.
  • vince14vince14 Member Posts: 55
    Steve- thanks for noticing my post. I have had no success, the dealer has not bothered to respond to me. It is my understanding that other Nissan models have had Nissan kits that were installable, kit needs to come with new steerign wheel arm (where the light switches are) since that's where the control goes. I really want them because I feel the headlights are somewhat underpowered, and they would provide some extra lights. (Plus, the plugs where the lamps would go are ugly!) --- Vince
  • drssyoondrssyoon Member Posts: 27
    I traded my '02 Odyssey for the Quest. I am very happy about my decision. Ody was a fine car, but what bothered me about it was the road noise and the transmission. It is very noisy and you felt fatigued if you drove it all day. The transmission was not too good (it had a "smart" something that was supposed to use the engine to brake, but I found it constantly lurching). I heard from someone that Odys are having a transmission recall. The final straw was Ody's sliding door that kept on insisting it was open (Beeping) even though it wasn't.

We now have a Quest SE. The ride is much more comfortable, with no fatigue even after a long ride - very low road noise. Very smooth transmission. I am still, however, having some problem with my sliding door. Quest's audio system just blows away the Ody's. It is hard to believe that Honda has such cheap audio system in their supposedly top of the line van (the model we had).

Bottom line, I am very happy that I made the switch.
  • skramer1skramer1 Member Posts: 10
    I just finalized my purchase of a Quest SL with the leather package and it will be delivered around the end of Feb.
    I traded in a 98 Honda CRV with a hood deflecter that kept the hood in good shape from stones and bugs.
    I asked my dealer about a hood deflector for the new Quest and he suggested a 3M plastic shield instead,but couldn't show me an example of either.
    Has anybody out there had either of these installed,and what are your recommendations?
    I bet the 3M shield was the clear front end bra stuff. It looks nice from the photos I've seen but it's pricy stuff.

Take a look at Car front end protective bras & film in the archives.

Steve, Host
  • papamoosepapamoose Member Posts: 7
    Thats a pretty sweet product Steve. I didn't think it was overly high priced either. Problem is without any certified installers around here how hard would it be to install the bumper film on the Quest? They gave it four stars for difficulty of install...

Did anyone else notice a $20 jump in the destination charges on the Quest? I'm wondering if these are the later manufactured vans that may have a few fixes in them, i.e. no rattle, etc.?

All responses appreciated as I am looking to buy within the next week or two.
  • skramer1skramer1 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Steve and Papamoose.
    The 3M film is available here in Calgary.But,has anybody out there put on a Hood Deflector,and how do you like it? I heard it might look too big due to the hood styling on the Quest..
    I was wondering about the same thing as I was planning on getting the bug deflector so I'm waiting ont his one as well....
    Just4fun2,

you raised a very good point. If it ain't broken why replace it.

Actually, I did not go in detail in my message, but since I know the nature of problems with GMs 3.4L V6 (and Transmissions in Montana / Transport) and therefore can determine from some very early warning signs that it is not the matter of if... but... when the problems will surface. (By the way, I had been in powertrain development for several years, so that experience helps a little too!)

Hey Bowke, my friend from Armada message board :)

I am sorry; I am not the person dealers look for!

--
    Shair A. Khan
    Took a test drive of the Quest 3.5SL today. I gotta admit the rug thing on the back of the 2nd row can irritate a little both visually and functionally - thanks for pointing it out. But, with 2nd row in middle position setting, the legroom was just flat out phenomenol. Absolutely no comparison to my old Windstar.

Some concerns of ease of exterior cleaning. Smooth Sienna and Ody look easier to clean. Goes with the styling I guess.

Stereo is fantastic in Quest even on base model.
    Traction control worked flawlessly on glazed over parking lot - eliminating slip and keeping it straight.

I am going to opt for a 3.5S (less frills package) though. In frigid conditions in central Wisconsin - sliding door jammed trying to go back under its own power - and it was a balmy 4 F - gotta wonder about very low temperature reliability of that device and hence something I am steering clear of.

Haven't seen the driver side manual seat adjust - anyone have one? What do you think about it? Really don't want to fork out the extra $2000 for the motorized versions with SL if the S version is OK.

laundryguy
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    the manual adjustments on the quest are just like the altima. 2 wheels on the left side for height adjustment and a lever in front for forward/backward movement. the recliner lever is in its normal place at the back left corner of the cushion. hope this helps.
    How long of a post can I put on here and would this be the place to tell others about a horrible experience or the "prices paid" post?
    I forget the exact character count but there is a limit. Without seeing your post, I'm guessing that the Nissan Quest: Prices Paid & Buying Experience board is the place to start.

Paragraph breaks are nice on long posts, btw :-)

Steve, Host
    First of all I would like to thank you all for your comments. They were quite helpful in providing different perspective and highlighting certain facts that I and my wife had overlooked. Thanks again.

Here is a short take of my impressions after driving some of the vehicles:

1. Kia Sedona: Good execution for a new entrant. Well priced. Lots of options. No flat folding seat. Above all, cramped feeling for a person of my size (6-1/2’). Poor gas mileage. Outstanding warranty. Fairly good consumer response. Reasonable power… wife says she can live with it… more would be nice, in my opinion. It is out of the race for us due to the cramped feeling!

2. Toyota Sienna: Drove very well... Really smooth ride. Nice interior… a little short on space/room for my size, but livable. Very quite. Responsive engine…. Not as powerful as Nissan though. Liked features, but will not pay the high price for all the doodads… may consider a middle of the pack model. First year teething problems is a concern!

3. Nissan Quest: Powerful engine. Liked the outside shape … different! Inside, center mounted speedo etc. requires some getting used to. The wife did NOT like the barrel style center console. Roomiest interior. The drive was noisy… seemed to have the same resonance problem that Pathfinder Armada is suffering from. The salesperson told me later that the sunroof was not closing properly and that was causing that noise. First year teething problems are certainly a big concern. I would test drive again without the sunroof to see if the problem persists.

4. Honda Odyssey: Drove several years ago… Will drive again, but from what I recall, its is… Roomy interior, bulky feeling (body roll), good powerful engine. Good resale value (don’t know why!). Inherent transmission problems.

5. Kia Sorento (Suv): Drove much better than expected. Real off road capabilities (not that wife would use it, but I certainly will. My expedition goes off-road quite a bit, but it is too big for certain places). Reasonable front seat room. Poor fuel economy. We liked it better than Sedona overall… but it certainly does not belong in this category.

After reading several consumer responses on Edmunds, I have added Chrysler T&C in our list to test drive. Apparently, there are several people who are happy to move to T&C from Odyssey… I am surprised! I am definitely going to check it out.

Sorry for a long post.

Sincerely,
    Shair A. Khan
    I just picked up a Nissan hood deflector last week and put it on myself. It retails for $79 and it's made of very good material with a nice dark tint. Installation wasn't too difficult and it will take about 45 min for a first timer. The piece is made in Australia which tells me that its most likely from a company called EGR. I was dissapointed that the piece didn't have the Nissan logo on it like most other factory hood deflector. I could of saved myself some money and got an aftermarket one from Weathertech. I also picked up the Nissan front/rear mud guards at $55/pair and installed them that same day. This is cheaper than the $140 sticker price on them.

I found out the side window visors for most late model Nissans are made by the Ventshade company, but it's still not available for the Quest yet. This is the next thing I will be getting.

As for the 3m clear film stuff, it's a good product and it can be applied on your hood, bumper, side mirrors, etc. If you want to know what that stuff looks like, just look on the bottom side of your Quest, just in front of the rear wheel. There is a small piece put on by Nissan to protect the paint. It will need professional installation because it has to be applied and formed to the contour of the car without any bubbles. If you know how to tint car windows, then you will be able to install this stuff.
    Folks,

This stuff really works. We had some tests done on laundry tumblers where the stuff was applied around the loading door. Talk about an abrasive environment from zippers, to buttons, to sleeping bags being drawn over it relentlessly. Bubbles stand out if you make any mistakes. I would have a professional do it - somebody who makes his living applying decals to cars/trucks/etc.

laundryguy
  • danthony75danthony75 Member Posts: 7
    Does the new Quest have lighted steering wheel controls? Do any vans out there have them?
    Thank You
  • just4fun2just4fun2 Member Posts: 461
    Some van do and have for a long time.
  • frittobfrittob Member Posts: 52
    ... but the '04 Quest isn't one of them
  • quest4mequest4me Member Posts: 9
    Weathertech has developed these for 2004 Quests & can be purchased through MacNeil Automotive. I put these on and they work well and look good!! Also have several other items for the 2004 Quest also.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=&amp- ;amp- ;make_id=38&year_no=2004&veh_id=510&veh_opt_choice_id- - =0
  • deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    the sienna's audio control are lit but cruise is not.
    See my post #967 re side window delectors from Weathertech. Manufactured in Germany by same company who makes them to fit Mercedes,BMWs,etc.
    I also have the front hood defector that was mfd. in Australia. Got it from Courtesy Nissan in TX;however they now say they are no longer available due to shipping problems with damage.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&a- mp;Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=999D5-V4204
    Have you taken a look at the January auto sales. Nissan the biggest gainer across the board - up 27.5%.
    The following web site for those January auto sales. It looks like Nissan even beat Toyota.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4147619/
    quest4me - it sounds like you got the weathertech window deflectors. I didn't get those yet because I had couple of questions. 1) how sturdy are they since they are mounted inside the window tracks versus the typical outside stick-on ones? 2) Is it a solid fit or does it move around if the window is open? 3) How does the tint look since their website state that it's a light tint versus Ventshades darker tint? Or is it much lighter than the Nissan hood deflector's tint? Thanks!
    1)Very Sturdy and do not move. 2)Solid fit once installed and seated with windows in full up position(these are manufactured by Euro company who makes fitted window visors for all high $ vehicles. Have stick-ons on my SUV and like these much better! 3)They are lighter than the than the hood deflector but I like them better than the darker because they look like part of the window glass itself and not like an obtrusive add-on.
    There is a installation video on the site that explains a lot re installation of the product.
    Thanks for the reply!! I am more confident in getting it.