Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I actually purchased an overpriced warranty a couple of months ago and was able to cancel it directly with Honda Care.

That's news to me. Section V of my contract says:

C. For cancellation, return this CONTRACT to YOUR DEALER, and complete a Cancellation Request Form.

So if you were able to cancel it directly through Honda Care, please state how you went about that. Did you just call their customer service number?

I have another question though, how does it affect the alarm system that I also purchased? They told me $1,795 for the both and they priced it at $1,601 for the Extended Warranty and $194 ($695 retail) for the alarm system.

Will they ask me to reimburse the full amount for the alarm system?

That's a tricky one if none of your documentation shows how much each item cost individually. (I'd look for that on your agreements.)

They definitely give some value to Honda Care as the sales price, because Honda Care uses that amount to calculate pro-rated refunds and such. In your case, they could've given them a number anywhere between $1,100 and $1,601.

If you are able to cancel directly through Honda Care and not the dealer as someone else suggested, I'd definitely ask how much they show is the value of the contract before canceling. If the dealer shorted the amount you may want to fight it out with the dealer.
  • beancounter121beancounter121 Member Posts: 4
    I did contact 2 dealers & got conflicting answers:

1) Hyannis - they stated that they had a customer who had to wait 6 months before purchasing another warranty.

2) My honda warranty - was told to cancel & then repurchase once the cancelation was complete.

We're just going to take our chances and cancel & repurchase through one of the dealers you listed. If it doesn't work out, oh well, that's why we purchased a Honda anyway. This was purely for piece of mind since we recently had a horrific experience with a Lincoln.
  • nautica35nautica35 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Jet1000,

I signed the paper for the warranty showing $1,601 and the Karr Alarm System showing $194.

So I guess I can cancel the warranty and get back $1,601 I'm guessing?

Alex
  • nautica35nautica35 Member Posts: 11
    Brian,

I called around some places for the Extended Service Warranty in the Bay Area and got the following:

Anderson Honda
    7yr/100k
    $2,125

Steven's Creek
    8yr/100k
    $1,500

Capitol Honda
    7yr/100k
    $1,467

South Bay Honda
    7yr/100k
    $1,695

San Francisco Honda
    7yr/100k
    $1,486

We can purchase this anytime before 6,000 miles or 6 months. I'm waiting on some others, but this is what I have so far.

My original deal of $1,601 is starting to sound not too bad anymore. ($1,795 Total - Warranty $1,601; Karr Alarm System $194 (MSRP $695)) Does anyone think this is a good deal?

Perhaps it costs alot more in Californa. Anyone have anything better for California?

Alex
  • macdaddygmacdaddyg Member Posts: 7
    Hi all, anyone got opinions on whether or not this year car has ongoing problems that might merit the purchase of an EW? So far, so good for us with any kind of problems. Of course we only have 15.5k on the car so far. Thanks
  • brian2780brian2780 Member Posts: 4
    I actually purchased an overpriced warranty a couple of months ago and was able to cancel it directly with Honda Care.

That's news to me. Section V of my contract says:

C. For cancellation, return this CONTRACT to YOUR DEALER, and complete a Cancellation Request Form.

So if you were able to cancel it directly through Honda Care, please state how you went about that. Did you just call their customer service number?

Thinking back, I called the dealership to send me the cancellation form (they would not cancel it for me over the phone). They mailed the form to me and told me to return it to them. But when I called Honda Care for clarification on filling it out, and told them it was less than 60 days from purchase, they said I could just fax the form directly to them. The form the dealer sent me was a 3-layer carbon copy form with Honda Care and Acura Care logos at the top. So I never returned the form to the dealer, I just faxed it and kept the original.

Once again, I used the 0% financing payment plan for the warranty, so perhaps the cancellation process is different when you don't lay down the cash up front.

-Brian
  • brian2780brian2780 Member Posts: 4
    Alex,
    The posting instructions tell me not to post my email address. But I just posted a description of how I cancelled my warranty. Hope that helps.

-Brian
  • frukyyfrukyy Member Posts: 5
    I’ll spare you the details of how the dealer made seem as the golden opportunity my overpriced warranty. Sure enough They were reluctant to cancel it as well citing various reasons (you have to wait 6 weeks, you need the actual card .. etc).

In fact cancelling is very simple and straight forward directly through Honda Care and you don’t need to go through the dealer at all. Also if you’re dealer is unfair to you please do not hesitate to report them to HONDA America (800) 999-1009.

Cancellation process takes 15 minutes at most and requires a phone, fax and your vehicle information:

1. Call Honda Care Warrantie 1 800 999 5901
    2. You ask for cancellation form and tell them you will fax it right away and ask for their fax number.
    3. Fill out the form and fax it back to them (option to mail-it is available as well).

Done, the dealer cannot do anything about it.

Please note that the effective cancellation might take 48 hours to be processed and the refund few weeks. Of course just to make sure everything went well call them back the next one or two days to see if they cancelled the contract.

This worked for me perfect, but now I’m looking to buy a new warranty but I don’t know if Sacucci, Bob Lead or Bernardi are not some scam websites that they will just charge the money and never sent the warranty.
    Does someone has personal experience with them and eventually share it with us ASAP because I want to do the transaction today.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    why don't you wait until you factory warranty is about to expire?

have you even done the math to determine what the difference in cost would be?

Last I checked you can buy the EW up to 36 months or 36k miles without much of a penalty for waiting till the last minute. But that was before Honda shut down the internet for EW shopping.

In that time, maybe you'll get more information about the reliability of your car and determine if it's really a good bet buying the EW.

the pricing people are seeing in California for the EW has almost doubled since Honda prevented people from shopping the internet. It makes the value of the EW less likely to pay off. I'm guessing your just paying 50% commission for these flimsy pieces of paper.
  • dng1dng1 Member Posts: 6
    Are you sure that you can purchase a new contract after cancellation. According you my reading of the contract under V. Cancellation of contract it says that A REFUND SHALL TERMINATE THIS CONTRACT. IF CANCELED, COVERAGE COANNOT BE REINSTATED. Caps and bold is from the contract.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    I know Sacucci is legitimate from my own experience - I purchased from them a HondaCare EW for 7yrs./120k for something like $750? about 4 months ago (08 EX-L, I4 Accord). Worked like a charm. I even gave them the wrong VIN# and got a pleasant call from someone at the store. I received the official contract and warranty cards shortly thereafter.
    @ aspesisteve : I Can wait but the out of factory warranty cost more and not everyone sells them. I’m aware that for 3yrs/36k will have double coverage but there are added benefits (rental, meals ) which are not the main reason whay I’m taking the warranty but

@dng1. It is not REINSTATEMENT but NEW CONTRACT. It is like when you sign a new phone contract or insurance policy with the same carrier but you have to cancel or opt out of the old one.

@bug4: Thx
    Last I checked you can buy the EW up to 36 months or 36k miles without much of a penalty for waiting till the last minute.

When was the last time you checked? It doesn't sound like it was recently.

Specifically which dealer did you check??

The true way it works is that you can get what they call "new" pricing on the Honda Care up to 6,000 miles. After 6,000 miles, the time, mileage and prices all switch to a separate scale. The terms that were available before 6,000 miles are no longer there.

As the vehicles approaches 3 years, and 36,000 miles, the choices become less and less and the prices increase.

One can go to any of the three sites that I posted links to recently and enter in quote requests for vehicles of different miles and you will see how everything changes.

the pricing people are seeing in California for the EW has almost doubled since Honda prevented people from shopping the internet.

This is a complete falsehood. Honda didn't prevent anyone from shopping over the internet in California. The State of California did that, and the exact California code was already posted in this forum containing that information.
    I don’t know if Sacucci, Bob Lead or Bernardi are not some scam websites that they will just charge the money and never sent the warranty.
    Does someone has personal experience with them and eventually share it with us ASAP because I want to do the transaction today.

I bought my latest Honda Care from Bernardi 6 months ago. Everything worked perfectly. You get a receipt from Bernardi and shortly thereafter, the Honda Care paperwork was sent from Honda's corporate office in California.

Bernardi also emailed me a coupon for $25 off of accessories on their parts website. I see they're now offering $30.
    Alex,
    The posting instructions tell me not to post my email address. But I just posted a description of how I cancelled my warranty. Hope that helps.

Just so everyone knows, carspace provides everyone using this forum a free secure e-mail address.

Just go to carspace.com and log in to your mailbox.

You can send e-mail to the person directly from there: username@carspace.com

They should do a better job of advertising that...
    I checked 3 months ago

is that recent enough for you?

BTW; I'm really surprised you aren't shocked at some of the pricing people are reportedly paying for their EW now that Honda has shut off the internet as a means of shopping. At what cost do you think the EW becomes unnatractive?

Or do you think people should pay anything?

If a buyer doesn't want to campare the price and do the math...well then...it's buyer beware out there.
    I checked 3 months ago

is that recent enough for you?

You failed to mention which specific dealership you checked. You original statement was:

Last I checked you can buy the EW up to 36 months or 36k miles without much of a penalty for waiting till the last minute.

I am familiar with the dealerships that offer the lowest prices on Honda Care and three months ago, all of them charged more for waiting. This is contrary to your statement above.

So what dealership did you check which matches your statement?

BTW; I'm really surprised you aren't shocked at some of the pricing people are reportedly paying for their EW now that Honda has shut off the internet as a means of shopping.

Again, this is another falsehood that you are posting. Honda has not shut off the internet as a means of shopping for Honda Care. All three sites that I recently posted still sell Honda Care over the internet. That disproves you statement.

The only high prices I saw were from people trying to buy from the state of California where the State of California had stopped the people from buying these items out of state. You stated that Honda was stopping these people and in my last post I pointed out that this was another falsehood you were forwarding.
    If you wait let's say 35000 and at the end of the 3 year. The maximum warranty you can get through HONDA CARE is 60 months 60k miles at over 1100 dollars.
    so for 1100$ you have 95k (35+60) and 7 year (4+3).

But if you buy new for 960$ you get from the start 8 years and 120K miles.

In conlusion: If you buy "new" warrantie (before the car reaches 6k) you'll get an extra year and 35k miles extra.

Now everyone can make their own decision.
    In conlusion: If you buy "new" warrantie (before the car reaches 6k) you'll get an extra year and 35k miles extra.

Right, and in addition, the odds are going up in the last 35K miles that something will go wrong.

Furthermore, buying the Honda Care at the beginning means you get an extra 3 years of roadside assistance that you don't get if you wait till the end of the factory warranty.
    so what at what price does the EW become unattrative?

I used Bernardi to get my pricing 3 months ago. That's an option that is unavailable to California buyers now that Honda has restricted going there.

You must not live in California to make such blanket claims about the access of EW pricing through the internet.

You might as well buy time share if you think the EW is a good investment.
    I never said I live ine CA. I'm in NYC.
    Also never claimed the warranty is a wise choice or a bad choice it is simply a piece of mind just in case. I was just giving instructions how to cancel and explaining the options that are "potetntially" available for the owners.
    So chill, you can make whatever decisions suits you.
    Myself I'll get a warranty from the start or not at all if I buy a new car, others can think different and they have the right to.
    Also I'm not aware of any limitations or different options on different states, all my statements are based on personal experience in NYC.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    At what point does the EW become unattractive?

Well - lets say you can get a certain EW from one of the low-price web-sites for $800. That must be somewhere around cost (i.e. they rely on volume, not a huge mark-up to make a profit). Since HondaCare prices the warranties so that they will not loose money, we can assume that the price at which they sell the product to the dealers is a price at which the company already has a slight advantage over the car owner. (i.e. the costs of honoring warranties and making repairs is some percentage LESS than the price at which they sell the warranties to the dealership).

So, when the dealership buys the warranty and then further marks up the price, the warranty, which was from the very beginning more advantageous to the warranty company than to the car owner, becomes less and less advantageous to the owner.
  • duke23duke23 Member Posts: 488
    aspesisteve wrote :
    "why don't you wait until you factory warranty is about to expire?

have you even done the math to determine what the difference in cost would be?

Last I checked you can buy the EW up to 36 months or 36k miles without much of a penalty for waiting till the last minute. But that was before Honda shut down the internet for EW shopping. "

Well yes frukky did , a .Lol, but you knew that. I'm pleased that you finally made the evolution from at no price is ew a good deal to it absolutlely depends on what price you pay. That's what this forum should be for, to prevent would be buyers from paying retail. In Edmunds, we don't pay retail....

Like life insurance, buy a policy when you're young and pay the least. Defer and buy when you're older, pay more for less.We won't rehash probability but suffice it to say that some will get alot of benefit, much more than premium paid, and some will get less.
    Many will get some level but less than HC collects. But add in the travel insurance and cross country motor club, merchant discounts ( yes they are like AAA) and if you buy it at a discount you may find in a good deal, ymmv. And you may find it adds in resale, quite a bit in fact if you sell past 3/36k miles but less than 8/120k.

HC operates on a statistical data base much larger than a single poster's experience. As in life and many other insurances their are those that win or lose versus the actuarial mean. The question to ask yourself, as did Clint Eastwood once to a not so savory character, is " do you feel lucky" ? Go into Edmunds forum Honda Accord experience and maintenance 2003-2007 and you'll find some unlucky ones. Check on cost of Honda parts by paging back, that even without catastrophic failure, it might make hc a good deal. Check even my offer of free money and the.....response.
    Welcome frukky and bug4, thanks for joining the forum and your posts.

My empathy a, for living in a state that abuses hc buyers as does California. Seems that a recent post does not substantiate a 100% markup over internet but rather a 50-60% markup. My advice, just say no. Say I will pay the Bernardi, Saccucci or Hyannis price,not a penny more.So make a sale or go away.Granted they know that they have advantage, but in this present state of the economy, I'd gamble on someone willing to settle for a " thin" profit.

Ps
    Does the Governator really want to borrow against the state lottery?
    duke,

what's the price point that you feel is the breaking point to avoid the EW? Or do you advocate buying one at any cost?

You've shown us all the things that can break and how much they cost, so I'm guessing you'd go much higher than $1,000??

How do you even place the value of a warranty to be a good value at $800?

It's all an emotional buy. If you use your logic (fear), of all the things that can break, I'd say some people could use the cost of an engine replacement as the "value" of an EW.

And I'm still waiting to hear of an independant source that reccomends people buy the HC EW.
    As I said before, EW is a piece of mind that you’re buying not something you absolutely need. I don’t know how the state of CA can stop people for buying EW. When we get stuck in traffic it’s bad enough, just imagine if your car gets stuck on the freeway (with wife and kids) and having to try your luck with an on-the-spot mechanic. At this point you will be glad to have signed for EW.

The EW for a car make sense in my opinion because if something happens you can’t just buy another car right away as for example if you buy a 30$ dvd player I wouldn’t advise the EW. Bottom line ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE Look at the terms of the service contract offered and weigh the price of the item you're buying and the amount of hassle you think you can risk putting up with.
    Aspesisteve wrote:
    "
    what's the price point that you feel is the breaking point to avoid the EW? Or do you advocate buying one at any cost?
    You've shown us all the things that can break and how much they cost, so I'm guessing you'd go much higher than $1,000?? .
    Wrong, mi amigo.Pay not a dollar less than you can get for the lowest internet price. Negotiate 10% less if you can, The bottom line, Lord do I hate quoting tired cliche's, Should be exactly as you prepare your bid vs. a dealer . It's Us vs. them. Pay retail and you're a [non-permissible content removed] , Note to host, debated using this terminology but decided it was apropos to the question at hand.I do not place 8/120 to be a good value at $800 since I paid $940.00 for mine.But I'd take $800 in a new york minute.Get the best deal you can is my advocacy.That and don't live in California.
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Wow, this thread is getting tiresome. To sum it up, I would say--buy the Hondacare waranty if you want it, from an online dealer.

One of the main reasons people buy the extended warranty is because they financed the car and do not want additional expenses during that term. Obviously coverage beyond the loan period is also beneficial.

If you don't think there is adequate value in the Hondacare warranty, then please do not purchase one.

Just to let you know I was have purchased an extended warranty for both my Civiuc and my Ridgeline. May never use them, so be it. :shades:

Brad
    Sounds good to me. How about we change the focus of this forum to where you can get the best deal on HC ? Advantages of HC or others.Anyone who hasn't purchased one should have no concern with anyone who has. It's not their money.
  • buzagirlbuzagirl Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an Odyssey Touring and went back and forth with the dealer on purchasing the EW due to the number of computerized parts in this particular model. Given the opportunity to cancel w/in 30 days, we decided to go ahead and purchase the 6 yr/100,000 mi warranty and do a little research.

I've been reading quite a bit online and think I might want to stick with an EW (still not certain, but you know what I mean, LOL). BUT, in reading, I'm finding lots about HC EW's and not a lot about the company my dealer sold me (CostGuard EW from Protective). I found a CostGuard brochure online (http://www.protective.com/PDF/APD/COASTGUARDBROCHURE.PDF), but I'm having a tough time comparing what I have head to head with HC. I checked the Bernardi site to see what a 6/100 HC EW would cost me and found it significantly less... $835 for the HC EW vs. $1248 for the CostGuard.

Does anyone have any experience here and could help me decide if the two are relatively equitable in coverage? If so, I'd obviously need to cancel and go with HC, but I don't know.

TIA for any and all advice!
  • cyberchipcyberchip Member Posts: 4
    After reading "Cancelling Honda Warranty in 3 Steps"
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef0eeb7/2467
    My experience of canceling extended Warranty from Zurich is like a nightmare:
    Day1: Bought overpriced warranty with misrepresented material from sales in finance department ;
    Day3: Called the sales to clear several misleading items after reading contract carefully. The sales started not answering my phone, never called back to me with the phone number left in the voice mail;
    Day4: Called Zurich customer service number. They said you have to cancel the contract through dealer. (The contract says: you can cancel your contract by mailing or delivering written notice of cancellation to the seller or us (Universal Underwriters Service Corporation)).
    Day7 (Saturday): Called dealer again. Another person answered the call and said "you have to come to cancel the contract (no way to fax), and anyone in finance department can do it for you". Arrived in the early afternoon, all of 3 persons in the finance department (including the guy who answered my phone) claimed they don't have the cancellation form. You have to wait till Monday to ask cancellation form from the finance directer.

This is the place where I am stuck know. :mad:
    buzagirl, I read both coverages and they are not comparable.HC wins by a land slide even against the costguard complete coverage, their most comprehensive. Here is a link to what is
    is covered.by HC.
    http://www.officialhondacare-at-delrayacura.com/cov.asp
    Note : I posted the first descriptive coverage of HC I could find. Do not use the above site to buy your HC, they are higher than others even with their 20-35% promo discount.

So it is a no brainer, drop costguard like the proverbial hot potato asap and save
    1) $413, it was $438 from Hyannis, $25 promo on new contracts.
    https://www.hondacareextendedwarranty.com/images/tab_navigation_quotes.gif
    2)Get more coverage on parts including Honda installed Audio.
    3)Get work performed by Honda trained technicians
    4) Use only Honda authorized parts
    5) free loaner car, $35 /day up to 6 days ($210)
    6) unlimited miles towing to a Honda dealer, Cross country auto club ( think cost had that) and trip insurance 3 days /$300 food and lodging.

Check the others as well, Bernardi ( they had server problems today) and Saccucci.
    cyberchip, Thanks for sharing your experience with Warranty from Zurich.Hopefully you can get it cancelled on Monday.This forum is providing a great service in telling people what is available online from HC so they won't get ripped off.
  • buzagirlbuzagirl Member Posts: 2
    duke23,

Thank you so much!!! The link you sent for items covered was exactly what I was looking for. Without the comprehensive list, I didn't want to make assumptions; I'm obviously glad I asked :-)

I had also checked the prices again on all three recommended sites after I posted and saw that Hyannis promo too -- even a bigger plus. I guess I know what I'll be doing first thing Monday morning; no point in wasting time trying to phone the dealer... I'll just stop by there and sit there with my two kids until they fix it for me, LOL.

Thanks again.
    Glad I could help, Sorry that my second link was inactive but you found the right site. Money in your pocket and a better warranty warms the cockles of my heart. So blow away costguard and the dealerships commission from F&I.They were selling an inferior warranty most likely for better financial incentive,for them ! If it takes borrowing a couple of your neighbors kids in addition to your own , do it .
  • shadowmicashadowmica Member Posts: 21
    Does anybody know why:

http://www.bernardiwarranty.com/

myhondawarranty.com

does not work?

Are they out of buisiness as far as warranty's go?
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Nothing wrong with Bernardi, just a website meltdown---it is up now. No worries.

Brad
  • jaedleejaedlee Member Posts: 59
    anyone know where i can get some quote(s) for an extended warranty on '06 odyssey in California?? thanks in advance.
    I got a chance to talk with the finance director. He promised to mail the cancellation form to me. So far, things are getting better. For the dealer (or higher level management), reputation is more important than an individual contract, while for some of the lower lever personnel, it seems their views are reverse.
    Sorry jaedlee, residents of FL & Ca are prohibited from getting quotes or buying from online dealers. The best advice I can give you, ( anyone who has gotten a deal in CA feel free to post) is to use Hyannis, Bernardi & Saccucci for what you should pay if you were able to buy it online, obviously use a state other than Ca. Then armed with knowledge, email 7-8 dealerships and and say this is what I'm willing to pay, I'm buying from the first dealer who matches. In this market , I'd be surprized if someone didn't want to make a thin margin.
  • jaedleejaedlee Member Posts: 59
    thanks for the advise, i think it's the way to go. Appreciate it.
    i'm surprised you didn't advise jaedlee to move out of Calif. :surprise:
    Day10, Got another call from the finance director : " We do not have cancellation form, I will send one to you later this week" ... :confuse:
    You'll get out cyberchip. But what dufuses.Go online and find Warranty, Zurich. (Universal) You might be able to download and print their cancellation form. Boy will your dealer be surprized.

Steve, It was tempting, But then I'd have to be advising J to sell her/his home in Calfornia in the current market. Lmao, makes EW look cheap.
    duke,

having owned my home in California for 12 years and having owned several Hondas with out the burden of an EW means I have over a million $$ in equity and the satifaction of knowing I didn't waste my hard earn $$ on something that is a bad bet.

lol

The cancel stalling that goes on with these EW says something about the ethics of the entire industry imo. It should tell you how much commission is being made and what lengths they will go to hold on to them.
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to share with everyone the very positive experience that I had on 7/8/08 purchasing the Honda Care Extended Warranty through Hyannis Honda. Their warranty website comes up as "hondacareextendedwarranty" though. They also have a regular website for their Honda car dealership. I first spoke with the EW contact who is named on the website [initials B.L.]. He was very professional and answered all of the questions that I had. I completed the purchase on line. Within 15-20 minutes I received an email that confirmed the details of the order, confirmation from Honda and that it was approved. It took this long because the Hyannis representative had to send my vehicle information to Honda for verification of my vehicle from the VIN provided. Also attached to my confirmation email was a short one page document that indicated the specifics of my order which needed to be signed and returned to Hyannis Honda for their records, which I did. For reference, I purchased the Honda Care EW for my 2008 Accord 4 cyl. and went with the 8yr/120,000K, zero deductible coverage, which ended up costing $915 [$940 less $25 new contracts incentive]. The actual paperwork, wallet card, etc. for the EW is to be mailed from Honda within a few weeks. I was very pleased with the transaction and it transpired exactly how the Hyannis contact said it would. Hope that this information is helpful to those who are thinking about purchasing an EW plan. Later.

Website for Hyannis Honda's EW:
    http://www.hondacareextendedwarranty.com/
    Thanks duke. I should have enough time before the 60 days deadline.
    Nice , helpful post yaupon2.You saved $25 over my price since the online's weren't offering that deal at the time I purchased. One was the next day ! So far the price of HC EW is holding steady. My contract came about 3 weeks later.Though you'll get a wallet card, as jet10000 has posted, your name is in the databanks of every Honda sevice dept along with your vin # so you may not even need it . 120,000 is alot of miles. Those that purchase over 6,000 miles so the don't qualify as new, don't fare as well. Over 8 years it qualifies as one of the cheaper insurances out there. As long as you bought at a price such as you did. Share your experiences on 7/8/16.

Side to apesisteve. Would that 1mm be 2007 appraisal? lmao. You aren't in stockton ( big smile) or modesto are you ? Anyway congratulations on having at least bought 12 years ago. Keep funding your 401-k, as I like to say, you can't go to Ralph's and trade a doorknob for a steak. How much have you collected on your homeowner's insurance and what does it run per year ?
    YW, cyberchip.I feel sure you will.Those that read here learn what is a good deal is vs a highly over paid one. Pay wholesale and HC only. Best wishes.
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Duke23: Thank you for the positive feedback and for the clarification on the 3 week mailing. I tried to post as much of the details about the transaction in an attempt to help others who might be considering purchasing HC EW from an online seller, but are hesitant. I'll be glad to post back in 2016 [LOL], but as they say, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Thanks again. Bob