Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• happyaccordhappyaccord Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

I called Goudy Honda in Alhambra, they wanted $1800 from me. Who did you deal with @ Goudy? They asked me for your name. Can I get your name for referal? Thanks
  • accordbuyer01accordbuyer01 Member Posts: 5
    I spoke with the finance manager upon car purchase; sorry can't remember his name. He said he was giving me the internet rate (no haggle, no fuss) since we were internet customers. I hope that helps.
  • nyctinknockernyctinknocker Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2010 odyssey, with that an extended warranty( honda care) I'm good for 7 years 80,000 no deductable paid 1410.00 thought it was a little high priced got it anyway. Anyone get that same warranty?
  • jpelletierjpelletier Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have an actual electronic copy of the EW offered at Saccucci's. I want to see what covered, or more importantly what's not covered before pulling the trigger. Also that it's true Honda Care. Ironically enough, I live just 20 minutes from them but I'd like an electronic version to see first:) Thanks!
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    Does anyone have an actual electronic copy of the EW offered at Saccucci's. I want to see what covered, or more importantly what's not covered before pulling the trigger. Also that it's true Honda Care.

It's definitely true Honda Care. Same Honda Care you'd get from any dealer. Your documents will be mailed straight from Honda's corporate office. Click the link on this page for a PDF of a sample contract:

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/coverage.php
  • denver5357denver5357 Member Posts: 319
    Mine was on a 2010 Pilot Touring, but I got 84 months/80k or maybe 84K (we have put low miles on our cars) with no deductible for $1,250. That's a couple hundred more than I have seen posted from some online dealers, but it was with the dealer near our home who we have taken cars to before and I knew it was legit, so I went ahead and did it.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    You get the same product because the EW paper policy is mailed from Honda of America in LA. They both "legit" Honda dealers, online or not.
    Once your VIN# is in the system, all USA Honda dealers can see it from their computers and honor the warranty without discrimination.

Save that couple hundreds for charity.At least you may get a 'Thank You' card and tax deductible also.
    I paid a very high price on the EX for the 2010 Accord LX. I tried to cancel it with my dealer, but I am going nowhere with my dealer. It has been 2 weeks passed by. It is still in cancellation pending.
    Any suggestion
    If you actually got in from mail, read the EW policy on how to cancel it.
    Or call Honda customer care for help if the dealer can't give you satisfaction.
    If the EW is purchased separtely you shouldn't have any problem. If it was combined into lease payment then the refund will be put back to the lease end, and shorten the payment months.
    I'm not saying online dealers are not legit. I'm just noting that the odds of running into an issue online are greater. I know this firsthand, as I am trying to cancel a EW I bought from Pohanka Honda of Salisbury in Maryland in Dec 2004 (traded it the vehicle) and I can't get anyone to respond to me. I live in Colo. The prorated remainder is perhaps $120, but that's still $120.
    I had no problem getting a refund of my prorated balance on my Honda Care. The out of town dealer just faxed me the form. I faxed that to Honda along with the state form that showed the mileage of vehicle (that I traded in.) and proof that the loan had been paid off. Honda rapidly cut me a check for the balance. Very simple.
  • jamie1983jamie1983 Member Posts: 20
    Can you purchase a Honda Care extended warranty if you purchase the car from a non Honda dealership. I was looking at an '09 pilot with 15k on it and was hoping to be able to purchase a Honda warranty. Any info would be helpful.
    Can you purchase a Honda Care extended warranty if you purchase the car from a non Honda dealership. I was looking at an '09 pilot with 15k on it and was hoping to be able to purchase a Honda warranty

Sure, that's not a problem. The length of time/miles are different than when you get it new. You can go to a site like:

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

and use their plan finder to find what plans are available for the miles and age of your car.

It looks like your case they have a 5 year, 84,000 mile plan available with $0 deductible. Now keep in mind this means it will be good for 5 years from the purchase date of the Honda Care or 84,000 additional miles above the 15k the car already has.
    That first step is the problem. The local dealer game me the form, and I can fill it out for all but a couple ofthings that Pohanka has to fill out (rge dealer number, for instance). But no response from Pohanka.
    That first step is the problem. The local dealer game me the form, and I can fill it out for all but a couple ofthings that Pohanka has to fill out (rge dealer number, for instance). But no response from Pohanka.

You may have to call Honda Care directly and see if they can help you. I'd also call the dealer and ask for whomever is in charge and tell them that you are reporting the dealership to the corporate office and to the state attorney general for not following the terms of the purchase agreement (one of which is to permit you to cancel.)

Actually all I got from my out of state dealer was the formed signed and with the dealer number filled in. I did the rest and sent it to Honda Care myself. So they're probably just being lazy. If you let them know you're serious and complain to someone high enough on the ladder, hopefully they'll send you the signed form.
    Ask for the sales manager and explain to him that the prorated refund form re EW is not complete without their dealer no. and signature. Get his name and a simple follow up up call if you haven't get it within 24 hours. I am sure he will act quickly to get you off his back.
  • derausgewandertederausgewanderte Member Posts: 4
    got here after coming back from dealership and reflecting on my ignorant step in the finance office. well prepared for everything until we got to the Honda Care part. Signed the papers with 1k for 7hr/80k which is rolled into the loan. I just went to Saccucci to find a quote for the same plan and car for $625 - ouch. So much for well prepared, I have to take that back now. I am now just waiting for the dealership office to open again and see what I can do. My question is whether anybody has been trying to ask the dealership whether they'd upgrade the plan for the same price to reflect a fair deal or whether they'd refund part of it before the ultimate step of canceling and whether they had any luck with that. I am afraid that the only option I have is to cancel it entirely then go elsewhere.
    thanks for all the insights in this long thread.
    Sometimes people have stated that the dealer matched the online dealer price or came close to matching it. Other dealers remain firm and you'll just have to exercise your option to cancel.
    thanks for your response. I will keep you updated after my attempt on Tuesday.
  • jaybee9jaybee9 Member Posts: 12
    Did you check Bernardi Honda? I have an '09 Accord and their price for an EW 7yr/70k was about $400 CHEAPER than Saucucci's.Also, if you have not taken delivery of the Vehicle, use your ultimate bargaining leverage, tell them to cancel the entire purchase( as long as you haven't added any dealer potions already)!

I used this during my negotiation( battle) with the finance guy who gave me a "special" EW price of 1995, then down to 1700, and I finally got it for 1200 with $0 deductible ( not for a Honda, but strategy is all the same).
  • jaybee9jaybee9 Member Posts: 12
    Make suer you compare Saucucci's prices with Bernardi Honda. I have an '09 Accord and bernardi's price for a 7yr/0k EW is $400 Cheaper than Saucucci's.
    Hi all,
    Have anyone ever deal with Curry Honda about the EW? Please tell me your experience.
    Thanks
  • odysseydadodysseydad Member Posts: 3
    Jaybee9 you are incorrect. Both Bernardi and Saccucci currently have the same prices. I believe they both sell at what is called dealer cost.
    I got quotes from all three: here are their prices for 7yr/80k (D78), $0 Deductible

Saccucci: 625*
    CurryHonda: 815
    Bernardi: 725

both Saccucci and CurryHonda sent me their entire plan list.
    The fine-print* for Saccucci however also says that if you ever had a previous Honda Care from another dealer they add 150 to the quote. So, it is more like 775, which brings them all in the same range. I am pretty sure that they include Honda Care contracts with other dealerships that have been canceled (which is the case for me).

I've presented my dealership with Bernardi and Saccucci prices and they are getting back with me. If they can't lower it I will cancel and pick one of these. They didn't try to totally rip me off, but $300 is still $300.

The three companies above also clarified my concern with "online" purchase, which we know has been ceased since Nov 1st 09. The purchase of Honda Care over the phone is still legitimate even though you got the quote via an email. You buy from a Honda dealership over the phone, simple as that.

thank you all for the valuable information again. I feel much better now.
  • DonDadDonDad Member Posts: 1
    I am buying a 2005 Honda CRV-SE with 48,000 miles. It seems very clean. The (Toyota) dealer is offering a 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. Should I buy it??
    Thanks, Don
    Have anyone ever deal with Curry Honda about the EW? Please tell me your experience.

I purchased a Honda Care from Curry in 2003. Everything went smoothly. In 2008, I traded in the car and the same rep who help sold it to me sent me the paperwork so that I could get the pro-rated amount left on the Honda Care.
  • illusions1illusions1 Member Posts: 2
    well that's where I got my Odyssey, and they sold me the EW for $2401!!! I don't think it's Honda Care though. Apparently I can get the full amount back IF I don't use it in the 6 years. I usually never buy an EW, but I guess the selling point was I would get it back, so there was not much to lose. After finding out how much EW's cost from this site, I was outraged and decided to cancel it. I'm going to head over there this Friday to cancel it, so we will see what happens. So far though, I have to admit besides the EW, they are very professional compared to other dealers I have bought though!
    Yes, Honda Care doesn't have the option to get a full refund if unused. However some dealers used to sell this as an add-on so that you would pay a premium and get this added benefit on top of the Honda Care benefits.

Before you go over Friday, I would get a quote for standard Honda Care from them through their website and arm yourself with that quote when you go in person. If there is a big difference, you could get them to honor their online price instead.

Here's their website:

http://www.curryhondacare.com/contact.cfm
    replying to my own post, since I cannot edit it. After presenting the prices below to my dealership they are willing to adjust the price or the plan. I am a happy customer again.
    -------------------------
    quotes from Jan 17, 2010 for 7yr/80k (D78), $0 Deductible

Saccucci: 625*
    CurryHonda: 815
    Bernardi: 725
    -----------------------
    I wonder if Currey Honda sells Honda Care only or they sell other EW too? Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Thanks. I did call Honda Care, and just for the amusement of this board, here is the update ...

Honda Care, represented by a bright, helpful woman on the phone, said that the dealer who I bought the extended warranty from in 2004 did not have to sign the cancellation form. Because I traded it into another Honda dealer, THAT dealer could sign it. I asked her to confirm my understanding, that I could ask the dealer I traded to, to sign. She said, "That's right."

So last night I took the cancellation form to the dealer I traded the van to. They looked at me like I was crazy. Their finance person said that if they sign it, then that refund comes out of that dealer's funds/account. They agreed to try to contact Pohanka for me because they knew someone there. But they said they couldn't sign it.

So, for about the fifth time in this car buying, trade-in process, I have different representatives of the organizations involved - some of them Honda - contradicting each other. :confuse:
  • paulm2paulm2 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 2010 Honda Civic EX-L and with that I got the extended warranty for $1095.00 plus the tax. The warranty was for 7 years 80,000 miles. I would like to know if that is a good price for the warranty and could I've purchased the warranty on line without out going threw a Dealership. If anyone could answer that for me I would appreciate. Also If I could of purchased it on line how would I do it, what is the website that I can go to in order to purchased it. I hope someone can help me out. Thank you
    Also If I could of purchased it on line how would I do it, what is the website that I can go to in order to purchased it.

Well Honda doesn't let you do the full purchase procedure online anymore. But you can go to some dealers website and request a quote. Then there will be instructions on how you can complete the purchase should you be interested. Some examples of these websites are as follows:

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hondacare/index.htm

http://www.curryhondacare.com/
  • paulm2paulm2 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you jet10000, I'm going to e-mail those sites
    And as an update to the warranty cancellation saga ...

The local dealer (Go Honda) faxed the cancellation notice to HondaCare, because the dealer whom I bought the HondaCare warranty from in 2004 (Pohanka Honda) wouldn't call me back.

A week passes. On Tuesday, I get a letter back from HondaCare with a copy of that fax and yellow highlight over "copy of odometer statement." I hadn't included one because I didn't have it and the dealer that I traded the car into faxed the form in, so I thought they could vouch for the mileage.

As I pondered my next step, two days later I received a SEPARATE letter from HondaCare that said they would be sending me a check for the pro rated portion of the warranty within two weeks.

I hadn't done anything in those two days. I guess all's well that ends well, assuming I actually receive that check.
    Yes, I remember when I sent in for my pro-rate, I just got an odometer printout from the dealer I traded it in to, sent that with the form from the dealer I bought the Honda Care from, and they sent me the check.

Probably some people to forget to ask for their pro-rate. But it lowers the cost of Honda Care even more if you get it.
    One thing about Honda Care that made me very unhappy with Honda Company because Honda Care is an insurance policy, why can't they sell it with a standard premium? Every dealer has different premium to different customer, depended on how's stupid you looked to those dealer animals.
    Another issue about buying Honda Care is if you are a resident of California or Florida, you cannot buy Honda Care online from dealer in other state, but you can buy over the phone, Well, if you want to trade in your car in the future, it is not easy to find your dealer that you buy Honda Care by phone to sign the cancellation for you.
    I hate to buy car, because I hate those car sale man and/or sale woman.
    One thing about Honda Care that made me very unhappy with Honda Company because Honda Care is an insurance policy, why can't they sell it with a standard premium? Every dealer has different premium to different customer,

Well, if you want that, then you can move to state of Florida. Every dealer in Florida is required by state insurance law to sell Honda Care at one very high price. I'm sure if Honda mandated the one price policy that you requested, then the price would be much higher than you could buy it for now.

I for one would rather pay lower prices and have choice. But as I said to get the one price option that you want, you can go to Florida.

Well, if you want to trade in your car in the future, it is not easy to find your dealer that you buy Honda Care by phone to sign the cancellation for you.

It was easy for me, I didn't have a problem at all.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I hate to buy car, because I hate those car sale man and/or sale woman.

Well, next time you're ready to buy a car, check out our dealership ratings & reviews first, then go to one with positive comments from other buyers. Some dealerships & salespeople are better than others.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mikekoenigmikekoenig Member Posts: 1
    The honda extended warranty is a scam, and if you try to cancel they make you pay a fee.

We were told it would cover everything but wiper blades and tires. We had 6 things go wrong our first year. Clips, External Trim, Fuses, none of which where covered.

I knew it was a scam, but my wife wanted it. If you are offered this, turn it down.
    if you try to cancel they make you pay a fee.

We were told it would cover everything but wiper blades and tires.

There is no "scam". Your contract documents contained a full description of what was and was not covered. Instead of listening to what somebody told you, all you needed to do is read the contract documents.

If you received the documents and did not think what was covered would be worth it, you could have canceled the contract within the first 60 days of the coverage period and received a full refund.

The responsibility lies with you to know to what you are agreeing.
  • kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    >"We were told it would cover everything but wiper blades and tires. We had 6 things go wrong our first year. Clips, External Trim, Fuses, none of which where covered."

Did you buy your car used?
    Beside of Mileages, Years and Price we pay, How many type of Honda Care that Honda is offering?
  • dealbreaker2dealbreaker2 Member Posts: 20
    We were told it would cover everything but wiper blades and tires. We had 6 things go wrong our first year. Clips, External Trim, Fuses, none of which where covered

You weren't scammed, those are ordinary wear and tear items, what warranty covers wiper blades or clips???? That's ridiculous.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    You weren't scammed, those are ordinary wear and tear items, what warranty covers wiper blades or clips???? That's ridiculous.

BMW, for one.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mkielmmkielm Member Posts: 38
    "BMW, for one." Yes, they are more honest about the premium you pay up front for the cost of their car (I respect that about them, but I'm not sure I could ever afford a new one or rationalize the cost - I put my own premium on things other than performance comparison and luxury - but I admit to part-time salavation when I see an M go by).

What I don't understand is, if this is a new car what dealership worth its salt wouldn't address clips and body molding within the first three year bumper to bumper warranty? This is an odd situation. As for wiper blades, they wear out in 6 mos to 1 year (though I admit to using poor performing worn blades for up to two years - dumb on my part). Go ahead and buy a beemer if you want to pay for those blades up front for five years.

If Koenig is dealing with a new car, depending on the state (all have different tort/common law and many have different laws on the books), one could make a case against the dealership and salesperson regarding misrepresentation (they being uniquely qualified to understand and represent their product), but that can be countered (depending on the state) with the purchasers obligation to fully read the contract and ask questions before signing.

Sounds like some sour grapes coupled with a dealership not stepping up to the plate on minor details of the car within the first three years of ownership (if this is a new car - does it have to be if we are talking about a genuine Honda Care EW product?). Of course we don't have all the facts - so rarely do. But Honda is in a unique situation with the recent downfall of Toyota - they need to capitalize in every way possible to earn life time customers - dumb on any Honda Dealer's part to diss a customer unless that customer is from hell.
  • kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    >"The honda extended warranty is a scam, and if you try to cancel they make you pay a fee.

We were told it would cover everything but wiper blades and tires. We had 6 things go wrong our first year. Clips, External Trim, Fuses, none of which where covered.

I knew it was a scam, but my wife wanted it. If you are offered this, turn it down"

Second try!

Did you buy the car new?

Kip
    Hi all,

Beside the price we paid, mileage and years of coverage, how many type of Honda Care Extended Warranty that Honda is offering? This is very confusing :)

Thanks
    Beside the price we paid, mileage and years of coverage, how many type of Honda Care Extended Warranty that Honda is offering?

I think the answer to that question would be just one. For whatever term you purchase it for, it covers the same items. Was there something that led you to believe that there is more than one type they offer?
    I just wondered, because some greedy dealers want $2300 and some just wanted for $1150 for the same term, and same miles :confuse: