Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• Options
    tealgsrb17a1tealgsrb17a1 Member Posts: 5
    Can you provide me with the website? Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    hyannishondacare (put in your car info and pick any one of the plan terms, you'll get an instant quote emailed to you showing prices for ALL of their diff plans for your car)

Theres also saccuccihondacare and bernardiservicecontracts
  • Options
    I had tried hyannis honda care, but California is not 1 of the state that is listed for coverage.
  • Options
    jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I had tried hyannis honda care, but California is not 1 of the state that is listed for coverage.

For California residents, I suggest checking out:

http://www.curryhondacare.com/
  • Options
    dsuladsula Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2009 CRV with 5500 miles on it last week. I still have factory warranty (3year/36Kmiles) left until October 2012 (17months). I am looking into buying an extended warranty from Hyannis or other online places, but have a couple of questions.

1. If I buy the warranty say 5years/80000miles right now, say from Hyannis, the extended warranty would end 5 years from today, is that correct?
    2. Does that mean I will be wasting the remaining 17months of factory warranty (I will have two coverages during the next 17months)?
    3. Instead should I wait until the end of factory warranty and then buy the new extended warranty? Will it cost more if I buy the extended warranty next year, by then I expect to have about 20000miles on my CRV.

Not very sure how this works?

I tried a couple of quotes from Hyannis (2009 CRV with 5500 miles) and (2008 CRV with 25000 miles) and got same prices on both of them.
  • Options
    The warranty is effective from the first owner's original purchase date of car (in your case it would be from Oct 2009) so you will be covered til Oct 2014 or 80k miles -- its not an extra 5yr/80k mi, its 5yr/80k mi total. If you want 5yrs from today then look into the 7yr with 100k or 120k mi

The regular 3yr/36k bumper-to-bumper is included for free with the car, the extra amount you pay for extended warranty is for coverage past the 3yr/36k mi. With the 5yr/80k mi plan you're paying them the extra amount for 2yr/44k mi of additional coverage on top of the regular 3yr/36k mi. With the 7yr/100k mi plan you paying that extra amount for an additional 4yr/64k mi of coverage

Good thing about buying early is that you end up with Honda Care benefits if something does come up (roadside assistance/car rental/trip interruption), more info here: hondafinancialservices.com/planning/honda.asp
  • Options
    Actually what jatan says applies to Honda Care bought with less than 6,000 miles and during the first year the car is in service. Even though your vehicle has under 6,000 miles, it switches to a different Honda Care where they do start the clock the day you purchase it and at the mileage of the odometer.

Here's the quote from Saccucci's website:

Coverage for a new auto begins when the vehicle is originally put into service and at zero miles. Coverage for a pre-owned plan(vehicles over 6,000 miles) begins on the service contract purchase date, and at the mileage on the odometer on that date.

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/faq.php

As for price increases, I thought that the price does go up as you approach the end of your 3 year, 36K miles. But maybe that's not the case now. You would get a longer term waiting until near the end of your standard contract providing that it is still offered.
  • Options
    dsuladsula Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for the information guys. Very helpful.

I just found in my car, the original documents of an Extended Warranty Coverage (Honda Care) that was probably bought by the original buyer that covers the vehicle unitl 2015 (80K/ 72months).

Is it possible to check if this warranty is still valid and if it could be transferred to me. The problem is I bought the CRV from a dealer and not from the owner directly. But the original dealer who sold this car (new) and the Honda Care is just a mile away from my place.

I was wondering if there is any way to transfer the warranty to me and save some bucks, assuming it wasn't cancelled by the previous owner?

Any ideas/thoughts!! I am still under the 15days limit for transferring the warranty.
  • Options
    Under section VII covering transfers, it says the warranty can't be transferred to the customer of a vehicle dealer. I think it can only be transferred in the case of a direct private party sale.
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    As jet said, if the car passes through a dealer you can't transfer the HC warranty. If you had the name or the previous owner, you could contact them and suggest they cash out and get a refund. Maybe they could give you reward for helping them out :-) .

Folks buy the warranties then forget about them when they sell or trade the car. Someone at HondaCare once told me they have seen VINs in the system with multiple warranties on them - none were valid to the current owner as the name has to match the warranty.
  • Options
    odysseyt06odysseyt06 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Hi:
    A week back I bought an odyssey 2006 with 58k on it from dealer. He convinced me to buy an extended warranty 48k/48months for $2400. I realized today that it has a clause for $100 deductible. I am contemplating to canceling this warranty as I have 60 days to cancel it.

Could somebody suggest what is the best option? Is there anyway I could buy a cheaper comprehensive extended warranty or with $0 deductible?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    lauriebo99lauriebo99 Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking about cancelling my extended warranty as well. Then when I called finance guy who sold it to me, he said he would drop deductible completely. So, maybe call them and tell them you are thinking of cancelling and see what they are willing to do for you.
  • Options
    odysseyt06odysseyt06 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! lauriebo99. I will call him this week. Until then, I will wait if any one will suggest any cheaper and reliable alternatives.

thx
  • Options
    jojosnetjojosnet Member Posts: 9
    Any one who owns a 2003 Honda Accord v6 I strongly recommend getting extended warranty. I got one when i bought it and it saved me around 3000 $ on a transmission replacement. My car only had 73000 miles.
  • Options
    coolpetecoolpete Member Posts: 30
    Guys, My factory warranty is about to expire on June 30th and I want to buy an extended warranty. So couple of questions -

1) If I buy before June 30th, and lets say I buy 4 years 84K warranty, that means I will get 4 more years from the purchase date and/or 84K miles, whichever comes first?

2) I have read last 5-6 pages of this thread and came up with the following dealers that are selling the warranties

- Curry Honda
    - Hyannis Honda
    - Sauccucci Honda
    - Bernardi Honda

Most of them want to email you the quote and so far I have received 2 emails and there i a difference of about $ 100 between the quotes. Still waiting for the other two emails.

Btw, is this the rightway to go about this? What else should I be looking at and how do I actually purchase once I am okay with the price? Do I pay online or Do I need to call and talk to someone?

Also, are all of these warranties the same? I mean does it really matter where I end up purchasing from? Do I get the same coverage?

Please add any more dealers if I missed any major players.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    If I buy before June 30th, and lets say I buy 4 years 84K warranty, that means I will get 4 more years from the purchase date and/or 84K miles, whichever comes first?

Yes. That is correct.

Also, are all of these warranties the same? I mean does it really matter where I end up purchasing from? Do I get the same coverage?

Yes. Whomever you buy it from, you still get the same extended care coverage mailed to you from the Honda corporate office.

I'm not sure how they are accepting payment, but your email should let you know how you can give them your credit card.
  • Options
    captain747captain747 Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2006 Odyssey with 93k miles from a private party. I was wondering if I was able to purchase an extended warranty from a honda dealer. I went to a couple of Hondas websites but i don't see anything there. Any help?
    Thankyou, :)
  • Options
    coolpetecoolpete Member Posts: 30
    Got it. Thanks captain747 for your response.

I guess then it all comes down to just price if all other things are equal.

I am still waiting for a quote from Bernardi but I do have quotes from the other 3 now.

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    We just bought a 2006 Odyssey with 93k miles from a private party. I was wondering if I was able to purchase an extended warranty from a honda dealer.

Honda Care is not available if the vehicle has more than 36k miles or been in service longer than 3 years.
  • Options
    I just got HC for my 2008 S2000 and for me Hyannis was the cheapest by a bit. It is all real Honda care from a real Honda dealer, so just be sure they are not going to add tax onto your price (most will not, unless you live in same state as their dealership) and the plans are the same and go with the cheapest price.

I have purchased HC from other online dealers over the years with no problem.

Honda says they can't sell "online" so at at least one phone call to close the sell will be needed, but they can just call you and get your CC info and that will count to make it legal.
  • Options
    kenkenkenken Member Posts: 21
    Let's say "bullied" and lied to rather than "tricked" and yes, the dealers, if they don't control their finance people are "bad Guys". I just bought my wife a new 2011 Odyssey EX-L. The "finance guy" flat out lied about the cost of a single damaged tire and wheel replacement repeatedly stating it was "well over $1,000." I knew it wasn't true (the real cost being in the $500 range) plus that in 54 years of driving I have never damaged a wheel not has my wife in 40 years.

So, my choice was to get in an argument with my wife in a public place or let this lying bully (Jason - at Dobbs Honda in Tucson, part of Auto Nation) get away with his BS. (a wheel via internet is $265 plus $20 S&H and an OEM tire at Discount tire is $120 plus $16 plus tax).

The rest of the experience with Dobbs was exceptional with the exception of having to force them (again, the finance guy) to honor the commitment to title the car in my home state. The salesman and his sales manager were great. I got the price I wanted through USAA and did not get screwed on the trade-in. Bottom line, the dealer is responsible for the actions and verbal misrepresentations of the finance guy to the customer, whether he reads the fine print or not...it's called business ethics in some places and moral compass in others.
  • Options
    kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    edited June 2011
    Real world is that the minute you drive on to a dealer's lot they are looking for a way into your Billfold.

Any item you purchase or any services you purchase pay commissions to someone(s) and adds to the bottom line of the dealership.

It isn't unusual for a dealership to make more profit on finance and EW charges than they make on the car sale.

So charging you double for an extended warranty is fine with several people and the owners of the dealership. They get a piece of the action. Same goes for finance charges. Just like they would be glad to sell you a car at the price on the window sticker and steal your trade.

Actually a dealership could likely find a way to make a wheel and tire replacement cost close to $1000. :sick:
    I doubt seriously if the extended warranty would even cover the wheel and tire if you got a flat and drove on it long enough to damage the wheel. Even if the tire was defective and blew out the sidewall, it would be a tire warranty issue, not an extended warranty issue, most likely.

When those internet dealerships can sell you an EW for a certain price, they are still making some money. Your local dealership CAN do the same thing. They just don't want to.

Had a weak moment a few weeks back. I was close to my dealer and getting close to time for an oil change. So I stopped in. The service "adviser" suggested I get the tires rotated, as the truck had 10K on it and the tire rotation had not been done. "Sure, what the heck, go ahead". When they were finished I got the bill for $89. He said the charges were correct because they also balanced the front 2 tires. I said, "What makes ya'll think the back two didn't need balancing". He said that would have been an extra charge. Needless to say that won't happen again!

We live and learn. :cry:

Kip
  • Options
    You are right...I'm sure they could find a way to make it cost $2k, and granted, I agreed to it to keep from arguing with my wife, I just hated the deception. My point being that a dealer is responsible for the character and ethics of the people they hire...and there are ethical dealers who are successful models for the industry. In Tucson, the Royal Automotive Group (Jaguar, Kia, Buick, Land Rover, Lexus, CADILLAC, GMC) is a prime example of the best the industry has to offer.

That said, I am buying my Honda Care 8yr/120k from Hyannis at $1270. Other dealers who were close are Succucci and Bernardi @ $1295 (Bernardi has a reasonable payment plan also). These Honda dealers are selling at or slightly below cost and process 200 to 300 contracts a month. They make money on the volume rebates they get from the factory which, as I understand it, is about $100k per quarter for volume of around 200 contract a month. (Could have the #'s slightly skewed).

Again, I want to emphasize my satisfaction with Dobbs Honda on every other part of the process (ie: great price, reasonable trade-in, no squabbling or false promises, no "bait & switch", etc.), and hope they will take a closer look at the ethics involved here and do something about it as promised...I also did not request reimbursement because I did have the option of "making a scene" at the time.
  • Options
    kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    edited June 2011
    My oldest son has been selling cars at both new car dealerships and used car lots for nearly 20 years. The "Indicator" tools they have at their disposal are incredible.

The sales person is simply one of their tools for being a "friend" to the prospective buyer. He is the "FIRST LINE" of the process. He has certain skills for learning the HOT SPOTS of the customer. Are they most interested in what they can get for their trade, or how much they can get off the sticker price of the new car, or the monthly note?

Once a "DEAL" is made the customer is somewhat or maybe a lot worn down, and either excited about the deal they made or maybe just ready to get this thing over with. Which ever it is, they will end up in the finance managers (FM) office. He works on commissions just like the salesman does.
    If the customer doen't buy anything except the car and pays cash, the FM gets a set fee for doing the paperwork, in most cases.

So, his job, now, is to extract some more money from the customer. This is known as the "BACK END" money. He is dealing with a customer that either just wants to get the heck out of there, or ir ready to hop in their new car. Of course the FM may explain what a great deal they made and how savy they are and how they surely want to take care of their purchase and be covered in case something most unusual might go wrong.

Believe this. The dealer, the managers, and the sales persons all know what goes on in the FM office. The more money we spend, the better they all live. That is a fact. But they have to know how to take it from us, and us still be happy, so we will come back there for our next car.

They know we can back out of a deal, so they don't want to give us time to think. When I traded my 03 Pilot for the 09 Ridgeline, I had done my homework. When the salesman greeted me., I told him what I would give for his car and what I would take for mine based on the values, from Edmonds, Kelly Blue Book and NADA. I also went the last business day of the month and late in the day, after supper. I was fresh, they were tired and wanted to do the last deal of the month.

After a very few minutes I was talking directly with the New Car Manager. It was late, we were the last cutomers, they were tired and hungry, we were fresh and well fed, and I had mentioned a couple of times that I wanted an EW and some accessories, such as body side molding, running boards, window vent shields and bug deflector, paint and interior protection. They realized these were to be high profit items and the FM would extract every dime possible. The "Trade" deal was made on my terms.

The FM went to work and offered the 8/100/0 EW for $2300. I passed until he eventually got down to less than half of that. The other stuff I decided to do myself as his prices were out of this world. Scotch Guard and Wax work wonders. And I shopped the other items once I got possession of the RL.

They didn't make what they wanted, but they still made money. Their job is to extract as much as possible. My job was to PROTECT and understand the manipulations they were using.

They would have been thrilled for us to pay full price on everything and take rock bottom for our trade. They would have gone home happy campers. None of them would have said, " We are charging you too much, you can get a better deal." ;)

Kip
  • Options
    lwhitneylwhitney Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey EXL. The person sold me a Platinum Honda Car Warranty for $3500. It includes the Road Service plan......8yrs/120,000 miles. After reading these threads, I regret buying it....obviously I paid too much This was 2 days ago. I think I can get a full refund. I got a quote from Saccucci for $1500, but I don't know if they cover the same things the Honda Care does.

Should I cancel the dealership Honda Care?
  • Options
    odysseydadodysseydad Member Posts: 3
    Saccucci only offers Honda Care. So if you purchased Honda Care at your dealership you paid $2000 more for the exact coverage Saccucci offers. The most expensive plan for an Odyssey is under $1400. So if you want to save $2000, you should cancel.
  • Options
    jennyd4jennyd4 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2011 Odyssey EX-L from Bernardi in Natick Ma. I payed (but will be asking fro refund) $1995 for Honda Care 84/120,000 miles. I see here that I should only have payed <$1300 dollars. Also, got overcharged for the cargo cover as compared to their internet price. I will be picking up the car this weekend and will have printed copies of prices in hand. Also, bought Lojack for $695(my 7 month old was crying when I agreed to that one, misheard the price for sure). How much should Lojack cost and do you actually save money on insurance with this product?

With Bernardi I had to squabble with my trade in allowance. I am not very happy with Bernardi of Natick right now. I will be letting them know that I am on this forum before I pick up the care and will see if they will backpedal a little.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    edited August 2011
    I payed (but will be asking fro refund) $1995 for Honda Care 84/120,000 miles. I see here that I should only have payed

They offered you a price and you accepted. I realize it's high but you agreed to it.

Also, got overcharged for the cargo cover as compared to their internet price.

the price you see on their website is direct from their parts dept. Their sales dept. marks it up - just like most car dealers. The sales dept. is distinct from the parts dept.

Also, bought Lojack for $695(my 7 month old was crying when I agreed to that one, misheard the price for sure). How much should Lojack cost and do you actually save money on insurance with this product?

As for the Lojack - $695 is the MSRP as per the Lojack website. Yes you will get a discount on your comprehensive. Also, I suggest never taking children with you when you negotiate a car purchase. Your focus needs to be on the process.

With Bernardi I had to squabble with my trade in allowance.

And that's different how from any other dealer?

I'll be the jerk - everything you are listing here after the fact are things you should have researched before stepping foot in the dealership. They are in business to make a profit - your job is to get the best deal you can. You agreed to all the numbers - you have only one person to blame.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,198
    I'll just point out that she hasn't taken delivery, yet...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    In MA, things are a little different. Most people sign the paperwork and don't pick up for a couple of days to allow for prep and registration. I don't know her case but I think it may not be easy to unwind the deal - the vehicle may already be registered.
  • Options
    >> I'll be the jerk

Not being a jerk, just saying it like it is :)

We see it all the time on the forums,, folks concentrate on the price of the car and the trade allowance. Then, even with a good deal in hand, they give all the money back in the finance office. I worked out a near invoice deal for a friend of mine on a CRV and when he picked it up he was talked into an overpriced (but at least Hondacare) extended warranty and paid MSRP + install for some accessories (running boards, etc). They made as much or more on the deal as if he would paid sticker for the vehicle w/o any accessories. You have to be prepared for everything before stepping on the lot.

I would never car shop with kids and only have my wife show up if the car is for her and she needs to sign the paperwork. I also get pre-approved before hitting the lot and have the price agreed to before going as well. Researching the discount HC and accessory prices before you go in also shuts down the finance person right away. Just tell them the HC price and they will not bother trying to sell you the same thing for 2x any more.

Hopefully Jenny can get somethings discounted, but the lo jack would be non-negotiable once installed (or you would be out the labor costs to install and remove it). There is also now a penalty ($100?) for taking out a 2nd HC plan on the same car if she cancels that. If financed, the refund goes back to the bank and not to the customer and they take it off the back end of the loan (so no change in payments).

Research first, then shop...
  • Options
    ajkimajkim Member Posts: 7
    where did you get that quote? I paid $790 for the same Honda care and if $605 is an available option in California, I will cancel my order. Thanks!
  • Options
    kk268kk268 Member Posts: 2
    My new Odyssey has Xylan paint already applied on it. But dealer said he will not give warranty as it costs $599 for the paint and warranty. Can I avoid warranty as the paint is already applied???
  • Options
    On July 30, 2011, I had discovered hidden damages while I was performing an oil change and tire rotation on my 2011 Honda Odyssey. This is the very first oil change and tire rotation since purchasing my brand new back on March 14, 2011. From March 14, 2011 until July 30, 2011, I had not taken my vehicle to any mechanic shop for any type of service. There was no need to take my vehicle to any mechanic shop and put my vehicle up on a lift because this is a brand new vehicle. I performed most of the preventative maintenance on my vehicles myself because I know how to base on experience and classes that I had taken in college. I am also a former employee of a Honda dealership as a service technician. Prior to performing any service on my vehicle, I had first raised the vehicle up in the front (there is 1 factory jacking point in the middle of the front of the vehicle) and place 2 jack stands on the side where the jacking points are. Then, I proceeded to raise up the rear of my vehicle by jacking it up in the middle at the rear. There is 1 factory jacking point in the middle of the vehicle at the rear. After the rear of the vehicle is raised up, I had placed 2 jack stands on the side in the rear where the jacking points are. Now, my vehicle is off the ground on all 4 wheels. I had placed my 3 ton floor jack back at the jacking point in the front (for safety reasons) just in case my jack stands gave out. My floor jack would still be holding up the front of the vehicle where most of the weight of the vehicle is. I had discovered that the splash guard (metal circular part that is mounted right behind the brake rotor) is bent at the bottom (at approximately 6 o&#146;clock) when I had removed the left rear wheel in the course of performing my tire rotation. The bent is approximately 3 inches long. I had also noticed that there is a deep cut on the inside of the wheel. The cut on the inside of the wheel is perpendicular to bent on the splash guard. The cut is approximately 2 inches long. After discovering these hidden damages, I then proceeded to inspect my vehicle to look for any more hidden damages that I&#146;m not aware of. I found that the center of rear bumper on top does not have any clearance when the lift gate is close. There is clearance on the left and right side of the rear bumper on top when the lift gate is close, but not the middle. The absence of the clearance resulted in the top middle of the rear bumper and bottom of the lift gate edge paint scratch. I had also found that there are many little pebbles in the paint itself on all 4 door jams. This is the result of a dirty spray nozzle when the vehicle was being painted at the factory. I had called American Honda at 1-800-999-1009 and spoke with &#147;Jason Stradford&#148; at extension 113502 regarding these defects on my brand new vehicle. My vehicle has a 3 years or 36K miles bumper to bumper warranty. American Honda had sent a representative name &#147;Larry O&#146;Brien&#148; to inspect my vehicle at Serramonte Honda on August 16, 2011. Larry said that the splash guard and wheel in the left rear is not a manufacturer defect and had denied my claim. Larry also stated that the pebbles in the paint defect on the door jams are perfectly acceptable and is known as &#147;Commercial Industry Standards&#148;. He doesn&#146;t know why there is no clearance in the top middle of the rear bumper, but there is clearance on the left and right side. He said he&#146;ll have to do some research and give me a call back, but did not say when. Hopefully, before my warranty runs out. I told Larry that if he thinks that the pebbles in the paint on the door jams are industry standard and is perfectly acceptable, then why don&#146;t Honda try and sell a brand new vehicle with pebbles in the paint on the outside and see if anyone is willing to accept this type of condition for a brand new vehicle. Larry doesn&#146;t care because this is not his vehicle and it hasn&#146;t hit home yet for him. If this was his vehicle, he would be very angry and wants the manufacturer to honor their warranty and repair all the defects or buy the vehicle back. There is no point to give a warranty to customers who purchase brand new vehicles if the manufacturer is just going to denied all claims. Larry thinks that Honda is perfect and couldn&#146;t have made any mistakes. I had asked Larry if I could speak to his supervisor for a second opinion and he had denied my request as well. Larry had said that his decision is final and there is no one in American Honda that can over-ride him. He owns American Honda. I had also asked Larry for his business card and he also said &#147;NO&#148;. I had to inform Larry that if Honda was perfect, then there would be no need to give customers a warranty on new cars and this world should be flat. American Honda should honor their warranty and replace the left rear splash guard, left rear wheel, repair and refinish the rear bumper, lift gate, and all 4 door jams, or buy the vehicle back from me and I'll buy a Toyota Sienna instead just to get away from the Honda family. I'm 32 years old. I had been driving since age 16. I had always owned nothing but Hondas and Toyotas all my life. I had never purchase a brand new vehicle before. I had decided to purchase my Honda Odyssey new because it was for my family. We had out grown our 1998 Toyota Sienna and needed more room. This is not the new car experience that I was expecting and I should had purchase a new 2011 Toyota Sienna instead. I had contacted and open a case with DOT, BAR, and DCA against American Honda. I am sure that I will find more defects with my van and this warranty issue will be a living nightmare for Honda. I will stop finding defects when the factory warranty runs out.
  • Options
    kk268kk268 Member Posts: 2
    This is ridiculous... Sometime I think not knowing is better than knowing... I can only wish u Good luck with your claims... I am afraid now as I am going to pick up my new car today(not that it happens to everyone)... So, why the hell we r taking extended warranty if the factory warranty itself doesn't cover these...
  • Options
    Any paint defects or dents have to be spotted before you take delivery of the vehicle, otherwise you are stuck with them. I missed a crease in the passenger door of a Previa I purchased for my wife. For the rest of time we owned it I got mad every time I saw the crease. The clearance issue on the rear door should have been spotted before you took delivery as well. That one, at least, the dealer might be able to work on under warranty.

The under car stuff is another matter. Sounds like it does not really matter but was also something you would not have inspected prior to purchase.

You say this is your first new purchase, well welcome to the real world where cars are not delivered perfect and warranties do not cover many of those imperfections. Buy a Toyota next time, they would not fix these items under warranty either.

Moral of the story is if you want a perfect new car, you may be dreaming, but you should for sure inspect it completely before you sign the paperwork.
  • Options
    tonycctonycc Member Posts: 1
    I got rid my Honda Civic Hybrid due to the obvious thievery from Honda toward me. The car has been losing mileage and the batteries depleted very quickly. The IMA fault light came on and with the extended 100,000k mileage warranty I purchased and the mileage at 98,k I took it back to the dealer.
    I was informed there was a &#147;STUCK RELAY&#148; and the only thing done was a &#147;SOFTWARE UPDATE&#148;.
    Yea, this makes sense even to and electrical engineer which I am. Don&#146;t replace the relay, Load Software to ignore the batteries failing and the alarm in the system for at least 2,000 more miles.
    OK, I got shafted
  • Options
    idic5idic5 Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2011
    so it's 2011. What was the outcome of the saccucci court battle ? is it cheaper to buy an EW from saccucci vs the dealer?

can someone tell me what the prices are of EW (say, zero deducitble b- b over 7 - 8 yrs, 100 k miles ish) for ...
    *dealer
    *saccucci / that other online place mentioned in this thread?
  • Options
    Go to their website and put in your car info and pick a plan -- you'll receive an email from them with all the pricing info

They're not allowed to sell extended warranty contracts over the internet so they can give you an online quote but to finish the transaction you'll need to call them and do it over the phone
  • Options
    price = info

seems quite appropriate to be able to share 'what u got' at a particular point in time - its historical fact.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I did go to their website, asked for the prices and was told an email was sent to them.

You will receive an automated e-mail with the information you requested in the next few minutes. There is no need to resubmit your information. You will receive information on all of the available plans.

Our regular business hours are Mon-Fri 10-5 EST.

If you have anymore questions please give us a call at (855)-SACCUCCI.

Thank you,
    Gardiner Reynolds

CIO
    Saccucci Honda

got the email and the prices
  • Options
    dggodggo Member Posts: 6
    Can I get the Honda Care warranty from one of the dealers Monday. I'm picking new Odyssey today. It'll have about 100 miles by that time. Are there any mileage restrictions, etc.

Or does it has to be purchased right the moment one is picking the car.

TIA
  • Options
    Later is fine. The price does (or did?) go up once you hit 6,000 miles.

If you don't need roadside and car rental, you can wait until near the end of your Honda full warranty to buy. You might pay more but can be covered for a longer term.

If you trade your car later, you can get a pro-rated refund of the Hondacare you purchased based on months in use and miles in use. So buying later would net a larger refund.
  • Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    edited October 2011
    I think that it is the same cost up to 35,999 miles so there is no need to get it at the time of purchase.

Mnf
  • Options
    I think that it is the same cost up to 35,999 miles

This is incorrect information. Pricing changes after 6,000 miles as well as the length of the coverage offered.

However, there is no need to purchase on the day you pick up your vehicle. Buy any time prior to 6,000 miles to get the best deal.
  • Options
    After a long search, I found the best deal at Hyannis Honda...$1270 for 8 year/120000 miles
  • Options
    tpennotpenno Member Posts: 2
    just got a 2012 Pilot EX-L. Who should I contact at Hyannis for the 8 year / 120000 EW?
    thx
    tom
  • Options
  • Options
    tpennotpenno Member Posts: 2
    thanks much!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, my post with the contact name, etc was deleted by admin:

"Sorry, we don't allow contact info for dealership (or individuals) to be posted in the Forums. You are welcome to list the dealership name.

kirstie_h
    Host, Edmunds.com Forums"

If you contact Hyannis Honda by phone, there is only one person who handles HondaCare extended warranties...they will connect you to him.