Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I have good luck with Saccucci Honda:

www.saccuccihondacare.com
  • martin13martin13 Member Posts: 21
    Noticed that they don't offer the warranty to Florida owners.
    Noticed that they don't offer the warranty to Florida owners.

Yes, that's due to Florida laws which only permits warranties to be sold by in-state dealers.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Not only can't our state run any election properly, we can't purchase a warranty from an out of state dealer to get the best price possible...crazy! Even if I wanted to buy one, I can't...go figure.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• aldo526aldo526 Member Posts: 2
    Back in 2005 I purchased Honda Care warranty from a Honda Dealer in Virginia and in 2008 I purchased Toyota Care from a Toyota Dealer in Oklahoma and I live in Florida so unless that is a new law in Florida you should be able to buy the extended warranty from anywhere
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Back in 2005 I purchased Honda Care warranty from a Honda Dealer in Virginia and in 2008 I purchased Toyota Care from a Toyota Dealer in Oklahoma and I live in Florida so unless that is a new law in Florida you should be able to buy the extended warranty from anywhere

It's became an enforcement issue IIRC. Florida at some point decided that extended warranties were insurance policies so they could only be purchased from insurance agents. Every dealer has one licensed insurance agent so they can sell them.
  • aldo526aldo526 Member Posts: 2
    I found this that was posted by somebody else

Re: Florida Law regarding extended warranty pricing [robr2] by shortyes May 13, 2012 (4:52 pm)
    Replying to: robr2 (Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm)

I found this revision recently for Florida. It might be the one thing I am glad about Rick Scott. I found this in a different forum.

Motor Vehicle Service Agreement - Forms & Rate Issues
    As a result of SB 2176, effective 06/01/2010, the requirement that forms and rates for motor vehicle service agreements (also referred to as an auto extended warranty).be filed and approved by the Office of Insurance Regulation has been lifted.
    By July 1, 2011, each service agreement sold in this state must be accompanied by a written disclosure to the consumer that the rate charged for the service agreement is not subject to regulation by the OIR. A service agreement company may comply with this requirement by including such disclosure in its service agreement form or in a separate written notice provided to the consumer at the time of sale.
    The OIR may order a service agreement company to stop using a form that:
    1. Is in violation of or does not comply with the Florida Insurance Code or an Administrative Rule.
    2. Contains any inconsistent, ambiguous, or misleading clauses, or exceptions and conditions which deceptively affect the risk purported to be assumed in the general coverage of the service agreement.
    3. Has any title, heading, or other indication of its provisions which is misleading.
    4. Is printed or otherwise reproduced in such manner as to render any material provision of the form substantially illegible.
    5. Contains any provision which is unfair or inequitable or which encourages misrepresentation.
    6. Contains any provision which makes it difficult to determine the actual insurer or service agreement company issuing the form.
    7. Contains any provision for reducing claim payments due to depreciation of parts, except for marine engines.
  • couponmagnetcouponmagnet Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I was sold a Zurich Optional Service contract with purchase of a new Honda. (its just yesterday).
    Should I cancel it? as many forums I read sound like this is a third party warranty. (Finance guy told me this would cover electronics as well at $0 deductible and unlimited miles of towing if required).

If I have to cancel it how do I do it? I live in CA.

Whats better Optional Service contract or EW?
    Hi,

I was sold a Zurich Optional Service contract with purchase of a new Honda. (its just yesterday).
    Should I cancel it? as many forums I read sound like this is a third party warranty. (Finance guy told me this would cover electronics as well at $0 deductible and unlimited miles of towing if required).

If I have to cancel it how do I do it? I live in CA.

Whats better Optional Service contract or EW?
  • kenkenkenken Member Posts: 21
    I would quickly check state law (probably google) as most states have a "Buyers Remorse" law that allows cancellation of contracts withing a 3 to 7 day (or more) time period.
    thanks.
    Also want to know if someone know more about Zurich?
    Zurich is one of the largest insurance companies in the world. They'll be around for a while.

But IMHO, you should cancel it and get a Honda warranty instead if you really feel the need to have one. You can search around here and find a couple of dealers that sell them pretty reasonably.

To cancel the Zurich, read the contract you signed. It's in there somewhere.

Oh and there isn't any sort of buyer's remorse law that will allow you to cancel it. That only applies to in-home sales. So read the contract and follow what it says.
    Thanks robr2. Do you know (or have) the experience of dealing through Zurich than Honda's own care?
    I have no experience in using any extended warranty. I purchased Honda Care for my 2000 Odyssey and didn't need to make a claim.

Now when I get a new car, I instead put $50 a month into a slush fund to use for unexpected repairs. If none are needed, it's becomes a down payment on the next car.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    The TPMS light is on in my S2000. No low tire light, pressures are OK, just the TPMS light. Faulty sensor or other TPMS component? Hondacare contracts I have looked at don't exclude or include the system. "Sensors" are covered, tires and valve stems are not.
  • bbj77bbj77 Member Posts: 8
    Saccucci Honda offered the $0 deductible 120k/8yr for $1295 a week or two ago. They have an offer for $50 off a warranty through Dec 31 making that warranty $1245. The next lowest quote I got was Hyannis Honda for $1270 for the same warranty. Saccucci said in their email that they expect prices to go up in 2013 $100-$200 dollars. I got my dealer to offer the warranty for $1350 which I accepted so I could add it to my financing.
  • atx11atx11 Member Posts: 7
    Just checked both and Hyannis dropped their's $25 making it $1245 for both. As a result, is one better than the other. Any positive or negative experiences you can share?

Thanks!!
  • bbj77bbj77 Member Posts: 8
    It's the same warranty so if they are the same price now then it shouldn't matter I would think.
  • atx11atx11 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply. You are correct, I was just seeing if the process was better with one versus the other.

I went with Saccucci. Very easy process... quote via internet followed with a phone call. Email confirmation received in minutes.
  • bjb43bjb43 Member Posts: 2
    bbj77 - I saw someone in here writing about Zurich. I had a Zurich agreement and I ended up with a $100 deductible because the dealer where I sold my car wasn't near where I could get my car serviced. Does the HondaCAre have t he same thing?
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Honda Care has $0 and $100 deductible options -- $0 ded is priced higher but worth it
  • lovemyoptimalovemyoptima Member Posts: 3
    Helping my mother with her purchase of a 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L. She is insistent on getting the Honda Care. The Honda dealership quoted us $2,200 for the Honda Care (84-month, 100K)!! The quote I received from Saccucci Honda today for the same term ($0 deductible) is $950. My mother would like to roll the cost of the Honda Care into her financing so we're going to try to get the dealer down. If not, I will try to persuade her to go with the on-line version (using a small piece of her large downpayment). Can anyone give me any cons to going with an on-line seller of the Honda Care rather than the Honda dealer where we're purchasing the Honda? Thanks in advance!
    Unless they offer it for $950-$1100, I wouldn't bother with the dealer -- if you're paying $1200+ just to roll it into your financing its a waste of $250+

The online dealer may offer a 6-12 month payment plan if you can't pay it all at once -- ask them to see what options are available
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    There are no cons to buying online. Unless someone intercepts your credit card information or something. I told my sales guy that I had an $1100 offer. His guy got as low as $1200. Dealerships know that these high-volume online guys exist. They should be able to lower their price, especially if they make some money on your financing.
    Can anyone give me any cons to going with an on-line seller of the Honda Care rather than the Honda dealer where we're purchasing the Honda?

There are no cons. The paperwork gets mailed from the same Honda corporate office whether you buy it from the local dealer or the online dealer. The only difference is the price you pay.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Anyone know if the TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) is covered under the HC warranty or not? Contracts I looked at don't exlude on include it - they do exclude "Valve stems" and include "sensors" and "computers".

The TPMS light in my 08 S2000 is on. The low tire light is OFF and the tires are properly inflated. So a fault in the system, bad sensor, etc.

Thanks!
    Dennis
    If the sensors are defective then yes -- if the sensors are damaged (you hit something or if you were at a tire shop and they damaged it) then most likely no

Quick google search for "honda care tpms" shows defective sensors were covered under HC, like post 13 & 16 here: http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=53137

Sometimes a sensor may lose programming so it might just need to be reset with a TPMS tool (dealer or any tire shop) -- had this happen recently on my Nissan. The TPMS light would flash for a minute after starting the car and then remain solid -- I checked sensor readings on the nav screen and it wasnt picking up one of the sensors. Didnt feel like paying to have it checked out so I left it alone hoping that the sensor would wake up on its own, but it never did (left it like that for 3-4 months)

The dealer where I bought the car from sent me a $20 oil change + tire rotation + free inspection coupon in Dec so I decided to go in to see what they would say. They didnt bother asking me anything about the TPMS light -- the tech working on my car simply checked the tire pressure and then reprogrammed the sensor for free. Been driving around for a month and the light hasnt returned *knock on wood*
  • lovemyoptimalovemyoptima Member Posts: 3
    Update - the Honda dealer here matched our on-line quote of $1,170 from Saccucci Honda for the 96 month - 120K Honda Care, which I didn't think would happen! The dealer said the Honda Care for this term was running at $2,200, but that he could offer a $300 discount. I politely interrupted and said that we were going with the on-line offer for $1,170. After a long pause, he said he would match it. Then he asked me what on-line dealer made that offer. He said there was an East Coast Honda dealer that Honda was angry with for offering Honda Care at below cost. No other info was shared and we moved on. Overall, my mother was happy with the outcome.
  • deelekdeelek Member Posts: 2
    I'm wondering if the Honda Care is actually worth whatever it is that you pay? After working hard to find the best price in my area do I want to then negate that savings with the Honda Care service? Anybody have any idea on cost if waiting until nearly out of original warranty and then looking at Honda Care at say the 5yr 60 K level?
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    It's my understanding the sooner you buy Honda Care the lower the price. It will certainly go up as you near the end of the Mfg. Warranty.
    Honda Care extends your factory bumper-to-bumper warranty (its not car maintenance/service) and you can find it cheaper from online Honda dealers (check the last few pages in this thread for links)

First find a good deal on a new Honda and buy the car then you can buy HC online if you want to extend the factory warranty. You have until 6m/6k miles to get HC "new car" pricing -- after that the price goes up (you have to buy it before your 3yr/36k mi warranty expires)

It varies from person to person on if HC is worth it -- if you plan on having your car fixed at repair shops then buying HC for a discounted price online is worth it (that way you can take it to any Honda dealer if there's a problem and have it repaired with original Honda parts). If you can do some repairs yourself or you live in an area where there are good independent repair shops then it may not be worth it

Another thing to consider is if you're buying a newly redesigned model or end of the life model. On the 06-11 Civic, the early 06-08 models had problems that were fixed in later 09-11 models. On the 08-12 Accords, the early 08-09 models had problems that were fixed in later years. If you're buying a newly redesigned model then its probably worth it -- if there are problems with the early models and it takes Honda 3-5 yrs for them to admit the problem and issue technical service bulletins then your extended HC warranty will cover it. Only car recalls are fixed for free with or without warranty, but TSBs are only free if you're still under warranty

When I bought my '11 Civic LX, I decided to skip HC since the LX is just a basic trim (nothing fancy inside) and '11 was the final year of that Civic model (most of the car problems from 06-08 Civics were fixed in 09-11 models). Another thing is that I can do small repairs myself and if something big comes up after the factory warranty expires then I have a couple of good independent shops where I can take my car to. I also like to do my own maintenance earlier than necessary with quality parts/fluids so I know that its done right and that I shouldn't have any problems due to lack of maintenance
  • kenkenkenken Member Posts: 21
    It increases after 6 months and.or 6000 miles. I would think that with the average Honda, you would not have to worry about 5 years...that said, I have had a multitude of problems with my 2011 Odyssey which has made the 96/120 HondaCare warranty worth the $1170 I paid for it.

It's like health insurance...it's a total waste of money until you get sick!
    Didn't buy one and the couple of real issues I had, were taken care of by TSB's and I got reimbursed from Honda by 1/2 for the tires and a/c issue so I'm definitely ahead here. And sadly, this will be my last Honda as nothing they have is doing it for me. If by 2016 or 2017 they do, then I might change my mind. But for now, staying the course.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• joncab5joncab5 Member Posts: 8
    I bought my extended warranty from Saccuri Honda last summer (2012) and had no issues. Great Price. Local dealer could not even get close. I told them I was buying online and they actually complimented me on being a really smart customer.
  • joncab5joncab5 Member Posts: 8
    I have had great luck too. Very easy and all was done online.

Saved me lots of money.
  • drezheredrezhere Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2013
    Hi, did you buy the HondaCare extended warranty? If so, what is the model and year of your vehicle? Have you used the HondaCare warranty? I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EX sedan. It is the brand new redesigned model year for the Honda Accord. I can purchase the HondaCare 8 Year or 100,000 mile extended warranty for $970. It will cover everything under Honda's normal 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty and is backed by Honda. I am trying to determine what other people have done, to help decide if I should purchase the extended warranty or save my money and hope for the best? Thank you and have a great day!
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    I am thoroughly confused by the different plans, HC, Sentinel & Maintenance!
    Does HC extended coverage INCLUDE, Sentinel road hazard, concierge, etc, or must that be purchased separately? (road hazard seems to be excluded in NY?).
    The dealer seemed to be presenting the plans like "3 card monte", the only thing I was dissatisfied by the new purchase!
    If extended HC is purchased thru Hyannis, Bernardi, etc, is the Honda payment plan an option, or one total payment?
    Online dealers probably have payment plans -- contact one of them to see what they offer

Your dealer may offer 3rd party protection plans (they'll have brochures in the finance dept), but here are the different Honda products:
    http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/finance/extended-services (brochure links on the right)

Honda Care -- extends bumper to bumper warranty and offers these benefits (no oil changes or road hazard tire coverage):
    http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/static/pdf/Honda_Care_Coverage_Details.pdf-
    Roadside Assistance1, 2
    Concierge Emergency Service1, 2, 3
    Rental Car Reimbursement1
    Trip Interruption Benefit1, 2
    Personalized Travel Plan2, 8
    Interest-Free Payment Plan4
    Extensive Component Coverage5
    Service You Can Depend On6
    Transferable Coverage1, 9
    Commercial Use Coverage7

Honda Care Sentinel Services™: This plan covers oil changes according to your vehicle’s Maintenance Minder.
    http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/static/pdf/Honda_Care_Sentinel_Coverage_De- tails.pdf
    Both Sentinel plans also include a suite of benefits such as road hazard tire protection10, concierge emergency service1, 2, 3 and roadside assistance1, 2.

Honda Care Sentinel 3/45. This premier plan provides both oil change and extensive component coverage for three years or 45,000 miles.
    http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/static/pdf/Honda_Care_Sentinel_345.pdf
    Both Sentinel plans also include a suite of benefits such as road hazard tire protection10, concierge emergency service1, 2, 3 and roadside assistance1, 2.
    Assume the more services, the higher the price...correct? Sometimes for one's piece of mind, these warranty's are the way to go but sometimes not. Depends on one's perception and feelings towards risk and of course, the vehicle. By and large, Honda's should be pretty reliable but the more electronic gizmo's, I guess the need for the warranty goes up. Makes sense in these cases.

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Before spending money on an extended warranty, why not think about how pricing for these service contracts is developed. People who are experts about the repair history of vehicles develop the price they will need to charge for these contracts and make a profit.

These experts understand the majority of owners will spend less than the price on repairs over the period covered by the contract. Therefore it is reasonable for a buyer to conclude the cost to repair all events covered by the contract will be less than the cost of the contract for most buyers.

Making the purchase of a service contract even more dubious is dealers also include their profit, which can sometimes be more than the actual cost of the contract.

Dealer finance and insurance people are experts at making potential service contract buyers believe they need the contract. Fear is the dealer's best weapon. I always find it amusing to ask the F&I person, when they play the repair fear card, why I should buy the vehicle if it has such poor reliability?
    After much research, I believe I'll go with the Geico MBI coverage and forego HondaCare altogether.
    $15 first six months. I realize the $250 deductible is significant but, if the Accord reliability holds true, I don't anticipate many claims and would defer using it if they're minor issues.
    I have 3yrs/36,000 miles to change my mind about HC.
    As for HC Maintenance, $1000 for 4 yrs seems excessive.
    2yrs/24K free oil changes was already included with the purchase
  • bjb43bjb43 Member Posts: 2
    I work in the industry - not for Honda. Generally, a warranty that's created by the OEM (Honda finance for example) is probably more likely to cover and pay claims than a non-branded product. It's my opinion that a non-branded vehicle service agreement provider will scrutinize claims much more and deny them more often because of the fine print. Don't be surprised when Geico has your claim inspected and the repair is delayed (or denied). Again..my opinion only.
  • kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    I agree with bib43 ... 100%.

A while back our son was visiting us in Ga. from In.

His Chevy Suburban had a tranny problem. He had an aftermarket EW. It was a "Good" one as the Chevy dealer he worked for sells them.

The dealer here had it torn down in a half day and determined it needed a new or re-manufactured replacement. The EW company wanted to "SEE" the tranny first hand.

Ten days later they were back on the road. Ten days!

Their child missed 6 days of school and my son missed 8 days of work, selling cars on commission.

That "Cheap" EW was not a good investment.

Kip
    Why on earth would anyone buy an aftermarket one while a manufacturer one is probably the same price or a bit cheaper? Seems best to buy from the folks who made the thing as there should be less hoops to jump through in the first place. Have never bought one myself as we tend to purchase import vehicles with pretty good reliability records. I must say though I could've used one with some of the issues I've had with my first year '06 Honda Civic but hey, I broke my major rule and number one rule when I purchased it and that was to never ever buy a first year model...ever! Circumstances beyond my control forced my hand here as I didn't want to purchase a beater for a couple of years and then buy new...have never done that and it can open up a whole unnecessary can of worms. So I went against my gut here and paid the price. With an extended Hondacare warranty, it probably would've paid for itself almost but luckily, Honda Corp covered 1/2 of each repair...good but not great. I was happy to get even that much as they could've told me to go fly a kite. I will keep that in mind for the future and remember if a family member is considering a new or used Honda product as they did "step up" finally but reluctantly. I still love the car so all is well with the world and it's been a stellar vehicle these past few years. i did have to replace the headliner a few weeks back though as the glue gave way and it was flapping in the wind and hitting my head. Stupid me never looked up in months and just assumed I was loosing more hair on top. Noticed it on a cool day when I had the windows open how much it was hanging down. Found an outfit out of Miami to come to the house to do it for $125 but due to scheduling issues, they reduced the fee to $110 to compensate me for my inconvienence...the right consumer move on their part. And they did a stellar job even though they could not match the original color...looks like it came from the factory so job well done folks...I would definitely recommend this outfit. Best to have a garage or some closed space so the car can air out with the windows open as the smell could wake the dead, it's that strong and horrible. After a couple of nights in the garage with the windows down, the smell disappeared and now it's just a distant memory.

The Happy Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

A quick note to all you naysayers on the Geico, it is not similarly priced to HC.
    I have been very happy with their insurance coverage the past 20-25 years which has provided multiple road side assistance issues and likely 6-8 windshields over that span.
    NOW, with all that being said, I am leaning back to the HC 72mos/80K miles.
    I'm also considering the HC Maintenance plan but, can't seem to get a real sense of what routine maintenance is required & it's cost in the first 4 years to make a valid comparison. "Wear items" of course aren't covered by the maintenance plan either.
    On the Mazda3s the wife has ours consisted of:
    (1) 15 oil changes;
    (2) 7 tire rotations;
    (3) 2 coolant changes;
    (4) 1 tranny service (automatic). All done within the 1st 45k miles.

Think we paid around $400.00 back in June of 2005 if my memory serves me correctly. We were not going to do it at first but after doing some quick calculations, we decided to go ahead with it, our 1st time ever doing this. Looking back, we both agree it was the right decision for her as it forced us to do these things. But make sure it's all spelled out "in plain understandable English" as the service manager tried to tell us that we just bought the oil changes and tire rotations. We had to get the GM involved and of course he backed me up 100% and the service manager had to eat crow. This didn't go over too well and he was quite rude to me after that incident so after the 45k miles were done, I only did one more oil change there when they had the new Express Lube station where the oil change and all was done in under a 1/2 hour. Ours took 46 minutes and when I pointed out their own sign to them, they reluctantly gave it to me for free, and again they were fit to be tied. I even asked them why did they put that guarantee up on the wall like they did for all to see if they had no intention of fulfilling their promise. He muttered something unintelligible to me and handed me my keys and receipt stamped "paid in full" and I was outta there. We like their vehicles but their service department leaves a lot to be desired which is exactly what I told the general manager when he placed a follow up call to me. Still waiting to hear back from him as he promised...and this happened a year ago June. Gotta feeling that this will be our last Mazda but one never knows...she might just decide to get another 3 if the Accent and Rio aren't what she thought which I think is going to happen here. I've learned to expect the "unexpected" when it comes to things like this with the ladies in our house...the mind changes easily and somehow it's always my fault to!

The Henpecked Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

edited March 2013
    Honda's prepaid maintenance isn't worth it since its only for oil changes (unless your dealer has their own custom maintenance plan in which case you should ask what they actually do, but $1000 seems excessive either way)

You're looking at oil changes, tire rotations, wiper blades, air & cabin filters mostly -- radiator coolant drain/fill & regular trans fluid drain/fill around the 3-4 yr mark if you want to or you can wait til the maintenance system tells you to (not sure about the CVT trans fluid in the new Accord, but if its like Nissan's CVT fluid then it should last a long time)

I bought a 2011 Civic 2 years ago and it currently has 22.8k miles on it -- so far I've done:
    > 5 oil changes (first 2 at a dealer, last 3 on my own)
    > 1 tire rotation around 17k mi (every 5k-10k seems excessive to me, every 15k-20k is fine by me)
    > 1 wiper blade refill, 2nd one coming up (every few weeks I use a rag to quickly clean the wiper blades and the windshield area it sits on so they last longer, local dealer has OEM refills on sale for $4/each every few months so it comes out to ~$9 w/ tax)
    > 2 air & cabin filters (change them out once a year, easy to do on your own)

I plan on changing the coolant (drain/fill radiator) and trans fluid (drain/fill trans) on my own every 30k-35k miles so that there's some fresh fluid in there -- want to avoid paying a shop to do a full flush at a higher mileage
    Anyone know of, or hear of, a "pack" fee being added to the price of HC?
    Local dealer shows me a price sheet for the various intervals with the price then, states PLUS the pack fee?
    Are you following the manuals recommendations or just doing things when "you" think they need to be done? Sometimes some fluids are made to be "lifetime" and others need to be changed on a more frequent basis. like doing oil changes around the 4k to 5k mark but rotate much more often than you do, it's free with my oil changes so have it done every time. Also have a 3 year alignment policy which I think is good insurance...and there's no limit to how many times I can have it done. Usually have it done every 5 to 6 months just to keep things correct and hopefully prolong the tires life. I keep my car "maintained" but do not go overboard with it...everything within reason!

• karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    I would certainly trust GEICO more than any other non OEM extended service contract provider. Having had GEICO for more than a decade, I can only say positive things. I have not had an extended warranty with them, however.

None of us should ever forget Rusty Wallace's favorite extended service provider, US Fidelis. How many unsuspecting souls were burned by that fiasco?

If a person really feels an extended service contract is needed, despite all the experts who advise otherwise, there is no question it is best to pay more for an OEM plan. Also ... my opinion as well.