Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Hybrid

Comments

• donbarondonbaron Member Posts: 13
    Excellent report! You hae told me more than the dealers. I may now order the escape over waiting for the Mariner Release. I guess we are still only getting a gray interior??
  • cdoldcdold Member Posts: 34
    I just went back to the dealer for the first time with my 2005 Escape Hybrid.
    The 10,000 mile service cost $31.40.
    Two things wrong:
    There was a nut missing from just above the footrest, or "dead pedal" on the left side. For some reason, the service guy went and checked a couple of other 2005 Escapes on the lot... they were also missing the nut. He added the nut and washer called for in the parts manual.
    The dealer didn't have the oil filter in stock. It's different from the non-Hybrid model.
    He sent someone to another Ford dealer to get one.

The service guy said the regular oil change guy could change the oil on the Hybrid, but the Hybrid-certified tech had to look at the missing nut. A hybrid-certified mechanic is required for anything but the oil change.

See ya in another 10,000 miles. :D
  • doubteddoubted Member Posts: 2
    I am driving my old Ford Aerostar with 18MPG in the city and spending about $20/week for gas. I calculated that Ford Escape Hybrid with 36MPG in the city (at the best) would save me $10/week or $520/year. I went today to local Ford Escape Hybrid dealer to ask some questions. I have learned that the power battery has 10 years manufacturing warranty and it is good. What is not so good after that the replacement price will be $6,900 plus labor! So after 10 years of driving and saving about $5,200 on gas I will have to spend much more on battery and it will make me loose about $2000. For those who will make most miles on highways it will be even worse. However we don't know what prices for gas will be 1, 2 or 10 years from now, but still for those of you who counts $31.40 for 10,000-mile service cost it should be important to know. Another thing: when I came to see 2005 Escape Hybrid it was a sticker price on it $28,900 that should be for 2006 AWD (All Wheel Drive) model. However when I asked to lift it I saw that it is FWD (Front Wheel Drive) model that has MSRP $26,900 for 2006 model and probably some less for remaining 2005 models, so watch out. :confuse:
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Does it save money? No. Does is conserve petroleum resources? Yes!
  • doccdocc Member Posts: 24
    As far as saving money goes, it's easy to save with a hybrid if you put on lots of miles fast and they include lots of city, stop and go, or slow driving. It is incredibly unlikely that the relatively new metal hydride batteries will cost $6,900 in 2015! And, if you put on lots of miles, the car will probably be worn out before the batteries are even off warranty. Besides, they may last 20 years.

It's also very easy to save money if gasoline rises a lot in price during the life of the vehicle, which is a distinct possibility. What will a Hummer be worth if gasoline goes to $6/gal?

But the point of a hybrid is to pollute less and conserve resources.

Jim
  • doubteddoubted Member Posts: 2
    I agree that saving petroleum and pollution reduction is important. It wold be nice if manufacturers of hybrids would provide a way to partially charge the battery overnight from the house (garage) electric system. The power needed is about the same or less what electric water heater takes. Demand for power at night hours is low. The few miles driving using home energy would save some gas and money every day. Reduction of pollution will also take place because some portion of electric energy in the system produced without burning petroleum like hydroelectric, nuclear, some wind, solar and natural gas. What manufacturing has to do is to reprogram the system to allow a deeper discharge of the battery on the way home (not allow the gas engine to completely recharge battery) to make room for home energy to flow in to battery and make an outlet for a power cable connection.
    The battery isn't large enough for that to pay off. It serves as a small storage place for the vehicle's kinetic energy when you stop and start or drive with varying speed, etc. There isn't enough energy in the battery to move the vehicle more than a mile or two at very low speed.

I have thought about getting an electric warmer for the oil, though. Last winter, the car seldom warmed up enough for the engine to shut down on short trips in my small town.

Jim
  • stevewastevewa Member Posts: 203
    Had my first dealer experience today. I came in with Mobil 1 5w20 oil and my Wix filter (includes the needed o-rings for total of about $5 unlike the Motorcraft filter). I had a certificate from the dealer for a free oil change, which they honored without question. They decided to use my filter, but gave me a Motorcraft filter and o-ring to take home for next time, which is good because I'm hearing many dealers are charging extra on their LOF for the more costly filter.

I also had them try to track down my suspension squeak, which they were able to hear but can't find yet. They want more time with the rig to chase it than I had to give them. Overall a positive experience.
    I have had a suspension squeak, too. It comes and goes, causing me to incorrectly think I've fixed it. If you ever find it, please post the location/solution here.

I also hear a very high-pitched whine. This appears to occur only when the electric motor is turning (in either direction). Do other owners hear this? Is it normal for the vehicle? I only notice it at low speeds with the windows open.

Jim
  • hybirdhybird Member Posts: 2
    Hi stevewa. Can you provide the Wix part numbers (and your source) for the filter and o-ring. I paid $13 for the Motorcraft filter at the dealer. They had no o-ring in stock (and no plans to order any). The guy at the parts counter told me to re-use the old one, even though the manual indicates to replace it. Nice customer service, don't you think?
  • hybirdhybird Member Posts: 2
    I recently was (stranded out of town) due to a failure on the electric motor coolant pump. I was towing a small utility trailer along an old jeep trail, so I was in electric mode most of the time. The dealer service rep said that this had nothing to do with the problem, but I'm not convinced. The rep also said that this problem was on the Ford "hotline, " so it is happening to other vehicles. Anyone else have this problem? If not, be careful if you are off-road!

Also, a reply to Jim regarding the whine at low speeds. I hear it also. I think that it is nothing to worry about and just noise from the motor/generator spinning. Anyone else?
    Wix part number is 57203. Purolator part is L15505. Both come with the o-rings. The Purolator is more of a dead ringer for the Motorcraft filter than the Wix is, but the build quality is better on the Wix IMO.

The guy at the counter is full of it, you really should replace _both_ o-rings at every oil change (the big one on the filter housing and the small one on the drain plug). Eventually the o-ring will stretch enough that you'll have no choice. My dealer is stocking and replacing the o-ring. OTOH, their tech overfilled my oil on this service (I left them with 5 quarts of Mobil 1 5w20 and they just dumped them all in rather than put in the correct 4.5 quarts).
    There's a rumor about of a TSB on the coolant pump. It has nothing to do with being offroad, it just happens in some vehicles. One owner had it happen in his driveway.
  • cdoldcdold Member Posts: 34
    "The battery isn't large enough for that to pay off".

But there are aftermarket kits to add more battery, and the ability to plug in overnight (PHEV). Then it can be useful, although with a price of $10,000 for early adopters, the E-Drive system won't really "pay off" in dollar terms. edrivesystems.com

I have managed about 8 miles on electric only, but the MPG, which I reset as soon as I got stuck in the traffic, went from 99 back down to 38 within a few miles after the engine started.

I was spending over $50 per week on gas, and now it's $20 less than once a week, so my cost savings is substantial, and i think it will amortize. That's not the whole point, though, is it? If I wanted savings, I would have purcahsed a used Escape V-6.
  • zx24szqzx24szq Member Posts: 2
    I pick mine up tomorrow morning...a full week early! (I ordered mine with what I wanted) :P I am like a kid waiting for Christmas! Thank you all for all this interesting information I have been reading while lurking behind the scenes waiting for mine to show up so I can join the club! :shades:
  • drosenthal1drosenthal1 Member Posts: 2
    Were you able to track down your squeak? I just got an Escape Hybrid about three weeks ago, and it squeaks at about five miles per hour or less after it has either been driven for over an hour or it is hot outside. (Same conditions for you?) It is definitely not a brake squeak. I called my local dealer and they said that they had another one in the shop doing the same thing, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong and the Ford hotline wasn't any help. They said they will end up having to torque everything -- or something like that. I'd prefer them to better isolate the problem before they start torquing stuff, so any insight would be appreciated.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is interested in speaking with owners of the Ford Escape hybrid. If you own or lease one and would be interested in speaking with the reporter, please send your name and e-mail address to Pam Krebs, Edmunds.com PR, at pkrebs@edmunds.com.
    I have not been back to the dealer to have them spend more time on it. Been on the road the past couple of weekends. It's definitely somewhere in the suspension and it changes depending on whether you're coasting, braking or accelerating so something is shifting around. I don't think it's anything hybrid-specific.
  • bart4bart4 Member Posts: 2
    I have factory leather, nothing special not like a high end BUT it comes along with other options packages, also it come in verrrry limited colors (1), have to check that out. The after market can be done to your liking, level, cost, design etc but it is $$$$. Also check out 05 federal rebates vs 06, may cost you more than its worth. If every thing else is cool go with what you can get and buy your wife a nice leather coat.
  • bart4bart4 Member Posts: 2
    anyone located hi flow air filters for the Ford hybrid escape yet or any other items that may help further the cause of saving fuel (new chips etc.) or a little extra power, even though it is very good in general use
    The team that did the Prius+ modification is looking for Escape Hybrids so they can study them with the idea of developing a similar modifiction.

Given the small production volume don't expect any of the tuners to try to tweak the Escape Hybrid. It's a very different powertrain from the conventional models and the opportunity to mess things up is great. Look at how much longer it took Ford to get the vehicle to production than they planned. Also, note the caution in the owner's manual about using anything but the standard air filter...
  • kandjforeverkandjforever Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me how long it took you to get yours in? How long ago did you place the order?
  • zx24szqzx24szq Member Posts: 2
    Hi Kandij,
    I actually got it 6 weeks from the order date which according to what I was quoted was two weeks early. I absolutely love my 2006 it's beautiful and fun to drive. My neighbor calls it my golf cart since I'm so quiet pulling into the driveway... unless of course I've got the radio up hehe. :shades:
  • fumefreefumefree Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am a newbe at this forum stuff, sorry if I do it wrong.

I have a 05 hybrid and love it. It has the nav/audiofile option. Has anybody been able to hook a direct line into their nav/audio with Sirius (or XM)?

Unrelated to above, I am getting a solid 31.5 mpg on the car. You got to drive carefully to get that number though. My leadfoot wife gets only 27.
  • larneslarnes Member Posts: 59
    Hi. I'll respond to this question the same way I did on another page.

I don't have a hybrid yet. I'm driving a 2001 Olds Silhouette mini-van. I started with a K&N high-flow air filter. Then to a free-flow muffler and finally a free-flow cat. Mileage wise, I gained nothing. Well, it did accelerate a little better. I did, however, manage to mess up the emission control computer, which was cured by putting a factory cat back on. Very expensive lesson.

Today's cars are engineered quite nicely. Outside of breaking some federal laws, there isn't much that can be done to improve mileage.

Enjoy it as it is. Save yourself lots of money.

Larry :)
  • sdctchersdctcher Member Posts: 21
    I have found a good opportunity for Ford Escape Hybrid Owners to get Ford to listen to their concerns and, at the same time, learn about their cars directly from the guys that built it.

Ford Escape Hybrid Owners and Hybrid Enthusiasts – Ford Motor Company is please to present a unique opportunity…

The Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience: Learn to Optimize Your Fuel Economy with the Escape Hybrid Development Team

The Escape Hybrid development team, designers of the first American-made hybrid SUV, would like to invite you and a guest (and your Escape Hybrid if you own one) to attend an exclusive, invitation-only, limited participation event where you will interact with the people who designed the Escape Hybrid.

With gas prices skyrocketing, everyone is trying to get the most from a gallon of gas. Now you and a guest can learn how to maximize your fuel economy in a special up-close-and-personal experience with the engineers who created the Escape Hybrid. During this behind-the-scenes three-hour session at Ford Motor Company, you will:

· Meet with Ford engineers, including Mary Ann Wright, Director of Sustainable Mobility Technologies and Hybrid Programs, to discuss the Escape Hybrid and its fuel economy

· Attend a classroom presentation with Escape Hybrid engineers, during which you will learn techniques to help maximize your fuel economy as well as participate in a Q&A session with the Escape Hybrid Team of Subject Matter Experts. Many of the techniques you will learn will apply to a conventional vehicle, while others will apply only to Escape Hybrid

· Experience a short drive in an Escape Hybrid through the Dearborn area with a Ford engineer as your fuel economy coach. You will even have the opportunity to ride in the original fleet of Escape Hybrid development vehicles!

· While you will be experiencing the drive in an Escape Hybrid, the techniques demonstrated will help anyone maximize their fuel economy while driving any vehicle

· Get a sneak peek at the new Mercury Mariner Hybrid, as well as Ford’s upcoming family of hybrid vehicles

· Participate in the future development of Ford hybrid products, by providing feedback to the hybrid engineering team

· Receive an Escape Hybrid gift bag

Where: A restricted location in the Ford Motor Company complex, Dearborn, Michigan. Specific location and directions to provided via a confirmation email that will be issued upon event registration.

When: Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9. There will be 3 sessions per day, each lasting approximately 3 hours with a limited number of participants in each rotation. Slots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Invitations will begin arriving in homes and email boxes in mid-September. There will be a registration phone number included.

Maximize Your Experience - Travel Planning

The Escape Hybrid development team looks forward to your visit to Dearborn. Please note that in order to drive during this event you must be 18 or older.

Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) is the closest airport to Dearborn, MI. The event location is approximately 15 minutes from the airport in Dearborn.

There are a variety of hotels, restaurants and tourism attractions in and around the Dearborn/Metro Detroit area. Please check www.visitdetroit.com or call 1-800-Detroit for useful travel planning resources.

A highlight in the Dearborn area is the collection of museums and experiences offered at The Henry Ford, America’s Greatest History Attraction. Witness the celebration of the innovation of manufacturing in America during the Ford Rouge Factory Tour — where history and the future merge. The tour consists of five unique components, including: a Historic Driving Tour, Historic Footage Viewing, Assembly Plant Walking Tour. Also included in the Henry Ford are Greenfield Village, and the Henry Ford Museum. Learn more at www.thehenryford.org.
    [/QUOTE]
    Ford Escape Hybrid Owners and Hybrid Enthusiasts – Ford Motor Company is please to present a unique opportunity…

The Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience: Learn to Optimize Your Fuel Economy with the Escape Hybrid Development Team

The Escape Hybrid development team, designers of the first American-made hybrid SUV, would like to invite you and a guest (and your Escape Hybrid if you own one) to attend an exclusive, invitation-only, limited participation event where you will interact with the people who designed the Escape Hybrid.

With gas prices skyrocketing, everyone is trying to get the most from a gallon of gas. Now you and a guest can learn how to maximize your fuel economy in a special up-close-and-personal experience with the engineers who created the Escape Hybrid. During this behind-the-scenes three-hour session at Ford Motor Company, you will:

· Meet with Ford engineers, including Mary Ann Wright, Director of Sustainable Mobility Technologies and Hybrid Programs, to discuss the Escape Hybrid and its fuel economy

· Attend a classroom presentation with Escape Hybrid engineers, during which you will learn techniques to help maximize your fuel economy as well as participate in a Q&A session with the Escape Hybrid Team of Subject Matter Experts. Many of the techniques you will learn will apply to a conventional vehicle, while others will apply only to Escape Hybrid

· Experience a short drive in an Escape Hybrid through the Dearborn area with a Ford engineer as your fuel economy coach. You will even have the opportunity to ride in the original fleet of Escape Hybrid development vehicles!

· While you will be experiencing the drive in an Escape Hybrid, the techniques demonstrated will help anyone maximize their fuel economy while driving any vehicle

· Get a sneak peek at the new Mercury Mariner Hybrid, as well as Ford’s upcoming family of hybrid vehicles

· Participate in the future development of Ford hybrid products, by providing feedback to the hybrid engineering team

· Receive an Escape Hybrid gift bag

Where: A restricted location in the Ford Motor Company complex, Dearborn, Michigan. Specific location and directions to provided via a confirmation email that will be issued upon event registration.

When: Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9. There will be 3 sessions per day, each lasting approximately 3 hours with a limited number of participants in each rotation. Slots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Invitations will begin arriving in homes and email boxes in mid-September. There will be a registration phone number included.

Maximize Your Experience - Travel Planning

The Escape Hybrid development team looks forward to your visit to Dearborn. Please note that in order to drive during this event you must be 18 or older.

Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) is the closest airport to Dearborn, MI. The event location is appro
  • aubfergaubferg Member Posts: 5
    I seem to be experiencing the same squealing noise.... have you gained much insight into the problem since you posted? (I've scanned posts but there does not seems to be a definitive response that I've noted).
    I've had my Escape Hybrid for one month as of August 30 and have experienced a high pitched squeal on two occasions, both times as I was returning home after extensive highway driving (1.5 hours and 5 hours); the squealing occurred as I was travelling more slowly (approximately 40-50km/hr) in a residential neighbourhood and was not breaking. It would seem to be heat-related and not associated with the act of braking.
    I have come to think it is a noise made by the electric motor or something in the electrical circuit for the motor. It is there all the time when the engine is off and the car is in electric mode. I think it is also present when the engine is off and the motor is being run in reverse for charging, but I'm not positive.

It is annoying, but tolerable.

Jim
  • duckeyleeduckeylee Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a 2006 F Escape Hybrid on 9/2, and I started hearing the squeak on 9/5. :( It comes and goes, but is between 1-25 miles per hour, on electric or not. It starts out slow and speeds up; sounds like an axle issue. Has anyone had a dealer try to fix the squeak? JD
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    just curious...
    Hi. My question is simple. Like me.

I've read that the Atkinson cycle engine is "unrefined" at higher speeds. To me that means noisy. I don't like noisy. Can anyone share their opinions about this? How does the Escape hybrid do on the freeway, and is it a good touring vehicle; road noise, engine noise, wind noise etc.

Thanks.

Larry
    I don't know anything about the Atkinson cycle being "unrefined," but I've put 18,000 miles on my Escape hybrid and that includes a reasonable amount of highway driving. It has seemed just fine, in all respects. It is not noisy at speed and the engine does not rev excessively at constant high speeds.

The continuous "gearbox" takes a little getting used to at first, because the Atkinson cycle engine will rev a bit all by itself as hills are encountered, even at steady speed. You will notice this if you use the speed control. You soon cease to notice it.

If you are planning to do mostly high-speed highway driving, I wouldn't recommend the Escape Hybrid or any hybrid, for that matter. Most of the gains from the hybrid design come in driving that includes varying speeds or stop-and-go. I can get 36+ mpg on a long trip on back roads--which is the way I like to travel. If I manage to find an open highway and drive at a steady 80 mph, I'll be lucky to get 25 mpg.

But the Escape handles all the kinds of driving just fine. The only noise I notice is a slight whine from the electrical components at low speed, mostly when in full electric mode.

Jim
    Thank you Jim, that was above and beyond what I expected to receive. My main motivation for all these questions is: I'm looking for the perfect car. I know it doesn't exist, but I keep looking.

Right now I'm driving a 2001 Olds Silhouette Premier. Nice car; good mileage, considering it's a two ton vehicle, and a decent road car. On our last trip I got between 23 and 29 depending on the conditions i.e. mountain passes, wind etc. But, we're considering a smaller car but one that's higher off the ground for easier entry and exit; I'm 65 with a bad back, my wife 70 with weak leg muscles. Since we do hit the road a couple of times a year, something safe, comfortable and quiet.

Small 4-banger SUV's are out (save for the Escape hybrid) because the motor gets noisy at higher speeds, and they ride harder. Prefer V-6's. But then there goes the mileage. And, if gas goes to five bucks like I've heard could happen, filling a 25 gallon tank every week or so could get costly.

So, we may just have to "bite the bullet" and deal with the painful process of crawling into a smaller sedan, which will also raise our choices.

Thanks again, and I'm sorry for the long response. It sounds like you know your way around cars (I used to), and I appreciate your input.

Cheers,

Larry
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    If your 2001 Olds is running good I would keep it. You are not going to find a vehicle that gets any better than the 23-29 MPG that you are getting now, and maintain the easy entry and exit of your mini-van. You are talking of plunking down $30k plus for any kind of new vehicle in that class. You can buy one heck of a lot of $3 per gallon gas with that money dumped into a new vehicle. With all the cheap GM cars being sold your Olds has little value as a trade. If you have a ton of money to spend buy the Lexus RX400h. It should be easy to get in an out of. It will get about the same mileage you are now getting. I know what you are saying about getting in and out of some of these small cars with a bad back. It is painful climbing out from time to time for me also.
    It's funny you suggested keeping the van. I told my wife that's what we should do, at least until something comes down the pike we can't refuse. It's such a nice car, and I know it won't bring much on resale. I may wait an see if VW puts a diesel in the Passat in the next few years.

Thanks for your expertise.

Larry
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Larry, I have no expertise. But your van sounds like a great car. gagrice was right about the gas mileage and costs. You will probably not do any better buy spending more money. I have looked around extensively for a car that you described and there are very few. The Subuaru Outback, though may be one such car. The non turbo engine gets decent mileage (similar to yours), it is higher than a regular car and it has tons of cargo room. I don't see it as a particularly roomy car to get in and out of though.

I would spend $100 for 'the works' at the car wash - hand wax, seat cleaner. Or even $250 and get it detailed. They will fix any paint chips and amp up the color. Cars always driver better after going to the car wash :D
    Truth be told, my van still looks almost new. I take very good care of it. My biggest complaint is getting the tiny swirls out of the finish. It's dark dark blue, almost black, and with the chrome wheels is a head-turner.

I suppose I'd better quite talking about my Olds in the Ford forum.

Thanks,

Larry
    I have a 2005, and the rear cargo area has a flimsy cover that slides out of its "mounts" and becomes a mess anytime anything is slid across it. Has anyone found a solution? Is the 2006 cover improved and will it fit?

Jim
    My solution was to place the rear cargo cover in my basement :-)
    I hear ya. Maybe I should do that and paint the battery cover...
  • ryandenverryandenver Member Posts: 4
    Howdy:

If you havea copy of that pdf that you could send that'd be a big help as I"m prepareing to order a new 06 for delivery after the 1st of the year.

Thanks,

Ryan
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    What we want to avoid is the converstaion taking place in email rather than here on the forums. Also, putting your email in a message board posts exposes it to those who farm the boards for active email addys . Not a lot of fun dealing with the spam that can result.

But back to getting information sent to another user, the solution is to click on "Preferences" and set your email to 'public" That way, other registered forums users, and ONLY registered forums users, can click on your username and find your email address.

Also, if you have a link to the .pdf file, posting that is certainly acceptable.
  • feinsteifeinstei Member Posts: 1
    The Escape hybrid with the optional "navigation hybrid" radio system is NOT compatible with the Virsteon/Ford Sirius radio adaptor. Only those Escapes that have a "Sat" button on the radio are compatible.

Before October 2005, most Escape hybrids were shipped with a non-Sirius capable radio/6 CD changer. Ford has discontinued putting these radios into the Escape hybrid. Beginning in vehicles produced in October, all Escape hybrids WITHOUT the fancy hybrid navigation radio will be Sirius compatible with the simple addition of the plug-in Visteon/Ford Sirius satellite radio adaptor.

In my experience, I've found that you don't have to install the Sirius antenna outside of the vehicle, but rather, you can just lay it on top of the dashboard with some velcro strips. It picks up the satellites perfectly.
  • lrcoreylrcorey Member Posts: 2
    I don't mind the wait. I want a Ford Escape Hybrid but 'ford' refuses to paint mine yellow. I don't understand why since my mustang is yellow and they paint the regular escapes yellow. No one can provide me a sound business reason for not painting mine yellow. Would you know how I can find out? :(
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    Cars from the factory come in the colors they come in. There is no way to change that.

The business reason is probably that the Hybrid Escape comes down it's own production assembly line, and the spray booth for painting only has the "hybrid available colors" in the spray booth. To add another color to that booth costs extra money, and hybrid vehicles right now are trying to come out as INEXPENSIVELY for the car maker as they can be, because the profit margin is so small on these cars.

It probably costs them a few hundred thousand dollars in paint for every extra color they provide, so the fewer colors they provide, the less the manufacturing costs.
  • dw438dw438 Member Posts: 41
    None of the models built at Ford in Kansas City are yellow. :lemon: Fords, Mercurys, Mazda .. none with that hue. One Escape model is in a coppery hue. That's about it.
    As previous poster stated, yellow as a custom color would be prohibitively expensive.
    The original '01-04 Escape had a yellow. :lemon: It wasn't that popular so it was discontinued, along with the dark green color and dark blue color.
    But if you want to purchase a fleet order of Hybrids, you can get them in many colors, as long as it's from Ford's list. And you'll have to buy at least five of them in a year, or twenty-five if you give Ford your own special paint color.
    Ford's fleet website has some interesting information about custom color.
  • lrcoreylrcorey Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, what you said makes since. Getting a flat 'no' from the dealership is hard to swallow without some explaination.
  • jordsdadjordsdad Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know where you can get a good license plate frame for the rear plate........???
  • pheumannpheumann Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have just under 1,000 miles on my 2006 FEH and just today it developed a squeak in the rear somewhere. It's very pronounced at low speeds, but you can still hear at higher speeds. Did you every get an answer to this question? Thanks, Peter :)
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    http://tinyurl.com/cmtaw

"This may be the best-engineered hybrid product to date, making more use of its electric motor with less dependency on the gasoline engine than on any other hybrid on the market. The figures don't lie: 85 percent of the vehicle's parts are recyclable, and Ford claims that the Escape will release less than one pound of emissions in 15,000 miles of driving. In an industry that needs to be on the forefront of making environmentally conscious decisions, the Hybrid Escape is an undeniable hit and a pretty solid indicator of where automakers are heading."