Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• paribestparibest Member Posts: 3
    ca_boy which dealership is this in?
  • paribestparibest Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a BMW 328i sedan and got the lowest Internet quote of around $37,400 (+taxes, DMV fees). this is lowest than the TPV ($39,869) on edmunds.com and the price on carsdirect.com.

2009 BMW 328i
    Color: Space Gray
    Automatic transmission, premium package
    Interior color: Biege dakota leather
    navigation system
    ipod and usb adapter

This is for purchase and includes a $1000 rebate from BMW.

I was offered a price of around $37,400 (+ca tax, dmv fees). Is this a reasonable deal? I am totally confused please help.
  • dalntgeniusdalntgenius Member Posts: 11
    My dealer worked up a quote for me and when I asked, he told me my money factor was .00190. I saw from other posts on this forum that the base rate is .00150. Is this the kind of thing that is negotiable? If so, how close to the .00150 do you think I should be able to expect?
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    You can walk away with .0015. Fight them on it espeically if they are not discounting the car enough. This is their way of making money on the interest rate aside from the price of the vehicle
    Good Luck!!
  • donna388donna388 Member Posts: 69
    :)

Does anyone know what kind of a discount I can expect in Southern California
    on a diesel sedan with no options?

A diesel sedan (white) with a Monroney of $44,725? Or $45,225?
    I cannot seem to find one at any dealer with the lower MSRP.
    What gives? Will someone please explain?

Thanks.

:D
  • sshvhsshvh Member Posts: 13
    Diesels come with auto transmission and the additional 500 should be for heated seats I guess (unsure you need them in S. Cal) - should go for 39-40K (max) plus you get another 900 in federal tax credit - however, please note that diesels do not qualify for the 1.9% BMW is offering.
  • usc1usc1 Member Posts: 4
    here is the best deal I found--did heavy haggling
    am an attorney so was ok with it
    but interesting warnings w/certain dealers

335i Premium radio, premium pkg, sport pkg
    10k miles 708/mo(INCLUDING TAX) 36 months
    drive-off $1500
    Jet blk At Alexander BMW--deal with Mark

Now in trying to better the deal BMW bev hills said they could
    do same deal but with $1000 drive-off but after more discussion

They did not include tax so totally monthly was $785--also said no
    way I could get the other deal. Eventually were competitive
    but did not like this and other antics.

Mary Ann at Glendale BMW was very cool and cut to the deal:

335i was sapphire blk--M-pkg look--not actual m engine
    premium sound premium pkg, Sport pkg nav etc.
    for $725/mo INCLUDING TAX
    $4000 drive off but color too similar too our previous 5 series

email me if I can be of help

Robert1@alumni.usc.edu
  • xrayzxrayz Member Posts: 6
    09 335xi Space Grey
    Auto
    Nav
    iPod
    Cold Weather

sticker: 51150
    price: 46300
  • kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    In the market again for a new car lease. What is this 1840 xdrive credit and another automatic transmission credit I keep reading about? Are these real? Do they combine with the 1000 lease credit being offered right now?

Looking at an '09 335xi with auto, cold weather, bmw assist/bluetooth and usb. Dealer offered me a quote I thought was really good (under invoice not counting the 1000 lease credit)....until I read about these other credits?!? Are they still around and what else should I be looking for?

What's the deal with this .00225 MF this month on the 335 sedan also? Anyone with any ideas on if its likely to drop down around .00165 or something more reasonable next month? It's killing lease rates.
  • xrayzxrayz Member Posts: 6
    On the 335xi, you get the 1849 xdrive incentive. The 1000 automatic does not stack
    I don't know if it can be used with the 1000 lease incentive, but it can be used with the 1.9% financing.
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    here is the lease deal i was offered today - it is a 2009 demo being offered:

it is a 328 i coupe.
    premium package
    sport package
    steptronic
    heated seats
    park distance control
    ipod adapter

it is a $45,350 car. it does have 9500 miles on it but that doesn't matter much to me because i am leasing it and it will be covered for maint., etc. throughout the lease.

i am getting it for $1930 upfront and $450/month. seems like a good deal.

what do you guys think?
    Thanks to everyone that took the time to give advice. Went in today and picked up a 36 month lease on an 335xdrive sedan in NJ. Got black/black, auto/cold, and went with bmw assist/bluetooth and the ipod adapter instead of prem package. Car is beautiful with 12 miles on it. Nothing down except first month and registration fees, and got away for <$600 a month, which was our goal. Dealer even picked up the last payment on our 330xi, and threw in mats and some key chains :)

I will admit, I was surprised - the 335 sedan money factors this month are terrible so I didn't think it would work, but with the options rebate and the lease incentive from bmw we got our price. [non-permissible content removed] luck to anyone else that is looking.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Sure seems good on the surface.. What is the term and mileage allowance? Does that include a security deposit?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

the term is 36 months. the mileage is 10K per year.

the car was $45,350 MSRP and is now listed as $37,588 due to the demo mileage.
    seems like a good deal but i am just not sure if i will bite. i currently have deposit on it (refundable)
  • pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    Has anyone had experience of buying out the lease of their 3-series recently?

I have an 2006, 325i with 17,000 miles. Only option is the Auto transmission. My lease will end Sept of 2009, with buyout price of $21,400.00. I have searched this site and most state to negotiate with BMWFS, and not the dealer.

I am at 94123 zip code (San Francisco). I have seen similar advertised 325i around $18,500 to $20,800 range around the Bay area.

I would appreciate any input in regards to the process and what price to expect.

Thanks..
  • genederblegenederble Member Posts: 1
    Need some help with this one people...

The dealer won't go any lower than $12,500 on this '04 325i with 77K. It has premium package, heated seats and all that...don't know prices or resale values well..

Deal or NO Deal...

(just got rid of my new 5 series cause it was too expensive and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree every week for something new to supposedly fix. Use to have the '01 version of this car and drove it forever...please help
  • mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    I don't know if this has been raised elsewhere in the forum. The BMW is a fine car and my local dealership appears to be a fine company. However, I am troubled by their newspaper ads, which regularly include figures and computations that don't add up. These have been repeated over many weeks, in many publications. They seem to be impervious and defiant about it - and those are not traits I want to have in my car dealer. Any feedback from others around the country? :confuse:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    I'd be interested in reading the details of the ad you are referring to.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

this car has some miles on it but they are offering it to me for 1st month out of pocket and $489/month. what do you think? 36mos/12K miles

2009 BMW
    Alpine White / black Dakota leather interior

4dr sedan

MSRP $46,192

Prem pkg
    Pwr front seats
    BMW assist with BlueTooth
    Auto dimming interior and exteriors mirrors
    Lumbar support

Sport pkg
    17" sport run-flat tires
    sport leather steering wheel with padding
    sport seats
    sport suspension
    shadowline trim

Steptronic auto trans
    folddown rear seats
    heated front seats
    park distance control
    Xenon headlights
    adaptive light control, headlights move as car turns
    ipod and usb connector
    Here is lease info, verbatim:

Total due at signing includes $400 refundable security deposit, $379.99 first payment + $3200 cash down - $1000 rebate = $925 acq fee + 1539.97 sales tax + $217.50 reg = $5639.96 due at lease signing.

Broz, I've forgotten most of what I learned in 2nd grade - but not everything.
    When adding a simple sum with a single answer, you can't have 2 equal signs in the same computation. Even if that is corrected to a plus sign, the sum given is incorrect. Also, in the graphic at the top of the ad, the mo. payment is given as 379 - not 379.99.

Truth is, I'm probably going to get an Accord anyway; I have no stake in this. Just the fact that these things run over and over, with no attempt at correction, bugs the
    h--- out of me. :(
    what kind of deal are you getting on the accord?
  • ncage1974ncage1974 Member Posts: 15
    Please help i need to decide by tomorrow morning. Here are the details for the car:

2006 330i (bear with me i don't know what the default options were)
    --26,500 miles
    --Premium Package
    --Comfort Access
    --Sports Package
    --Xenon Headlights
    --Adaptive & Self leveling headlights
    --wood trim
    --rain sensing wipers
    --Dynamic Cruise Control
    --Ambient light package
    --18 in rims with new summer tires
    --automatic tranny ( i prefer manual but oh well)

I got them down to 29,300. I couldn't get the to budge any more.

They are coming in a little low on my trade in i think though. I have a 2008 EX-L 4cyl accord with 17,000 miles on it and they are only giving me $18,500 on it. BMW has pretty good interest rate now though on their pre-own cars (3.9% for 60 months).

This is a certified BMW pre-owned so i get a warranty until 2012 or 100,000 miles.

Its red in color.

I have dealt with this dealership in the past and its a pretty top notch dealership (they sell porsche, bmw, mercedes, ect..) so they deal with pretty top client-ail. I used to have a 2001 325i and they would wash/wax your car every time you came into service and have never dealt with a service department nearly as good as this one.

They said as a courtousy because i bought the car done when i will have any service done on the car just call and they would arrange to me to have a new BMW until the service is done (even if its for something as minor as an oil change). They have free car wash every saturday morning where they will wash/vacuum your car and feed you with panera while you wait.

They said i will most likely need snow rims/tires for the winter (summer tires not so good in the snow) and i can just order junk tires/rims from tire rack through them and they will take care of storage of the tires for me. I just can come in and get them put on every winter.

This is just a side question? How reliable generally are the newer BMWs? I did have some issues with my 2001 325i when i had it. I remember the oil light would not go out and they ended up having to call BMW of america to get if figured out. Don't remember what it was other than some sensor deep in the engine that they had to get replaced but they did get it fixed. I also was spray washing the car one time and the hood emblem just blew off. This was right before i got rid of the car.

your help would GREATLY be appreciated
    Seif, my deal on the Accord is irrelevant. What is relevant is Honda's clear and straightforward text, figures and presentation; the customer is buying the company and it's 'best practices' as much as the car.
  • peterismepeterisme Member Posts: 68
    Hi, guys: I am looking at 2007 Certified 335i in Chicago area.
    It has 16,363 miles, Grey leather and Blue color, auto transmission. I think it has premium package.

The dealer listed it for $29.99K.

Is this a good price? I sounds pretty attractive to me. How do you experts think so?

Thanks lot for your suggestion!
  • s_js_j Member Posts: 2
    kad153 - seems like a great price. Do you mind me asking what dealer in NJ you went to? No money down and < $600 month? Seems very good
  • peterismepeterisme Member Posts: 68
    test drove the car today. It is good. However, the dealer is mean, they insist their offer price $29.9K;and only want to give my trade in (2005 Prius 50K) $8500. Also they added $350 document fee!

Kind of crazy. They don't sound like to want to sell the car. Maybe they keep the car priced like that to attract people into their dealership.

The car has premium and cold package
    Open Road BMW in Edison
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    im considering getting a 328 hard top convertible for a "full time" car. i live on long island. two younger kids. wifey has an SUV. wondering if anyone has experience having a hard top convertible such as the 328 which is a RWD car in such circumstances, considering the area's weather conditions and such family structure. clearly there are other, more practical cars to purchase, but probably none more fun for me when i go to/from work, short drives to friends' houses, and trips to such places like atlantic city with the wife. the ultimate question here is, will i be sorry if i buy it, or is it practical enough ???
  • MikeCRGMikeCRG Member Posts: 4
    Pricing a new car equiped with:
    Sport, cold weather pkg, Xenon HL,Sport wheel/Tire upgrade, Sport steering wheel with paddle shifters,Auto trans,Comfort access, Logic 7 sound system, Nav, Pwr seats w/memory.

MSRP is $47,420, Invoice $43,745 dealer quoted $42,500 for this car and he has to order it. 1.9% for 60months.

I am going back to see what they will give for my trade but this sounds like a good deal.

What do advise on this price?

Thanks,

Mike
    For that price....I'd get less options and the 335xi.
  • jleijlei Member Posts: 3
    I agree with kad153. I test drove the 335xi this past weekend and it is quick!

I got a quote for the car at $43,395. The MSRP is $47,200 and invoice is $43,995.

Is that a good deal? Seems like others have gotten better deals than this.

Thanks.
  • kerryjthkerryjth Member Posts: 67
    They are VERY hungry for SALES ... just walk away ... they will call u
  • 2000kshm2000kshm Member Posts: 8
    Hi;
    Would you let me know the BEEMER deal in OC??
    Thanks, kon_shim@hotmail.com
  • kell2kell2 Member Posts: 1
    I just got this lease offer on a 328Xi sedan. The numbers don't seem to match up. I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me. Any insight?

automatic with leather, cold weather package, premium package, Naviagation, iDrive and iPod adapter.

36 months and 18K/year

MSRP of $45,150
    Cap cost is $37,344.50
    Residual is $25,735.50
    Money factor is 0.00225
    Title, Tags, Registration is $300
    Security Deposit is $500
    498.96/month plus tax with $4,298.86
    My wife drove her soft-top RWD BMW convertible for three-years... in Mid-West winters....

You should get winter tires/rims...

However, the back seat is very small... With the top up, the trunk is small, but useable (smaller than the previous soft-top). If you want to put the top down, the trunk is non-existent.. If you can live with this part of it, then you'll have no issues...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• crocodiletearscrocodiletears Member Posts: 18
    leased a 328xi coupe from oc dealer.

msrp was 48.3
    cap cost 43.4

drive off 1500

monthly payment 580

residual 61 percent

36 month 36k

alpine white with coral red interior, dark burl walnut.

sport, premium, cold weather, navi, and sat radio.
  • coach16coach16 Member Posts: 3
    What is the best lease price on a 328xi sedan prem pkg., steptronic, heated front
    power seats, leather. 1000 incentive now and any others? 36 mo 10K mi.
    no money down...I am bring back 07 328xi with 4K miles. Lease payment should be under $389...with incentives and loyalty program. Dealer has car on lot.
    Help! I need to know by today
    you should get 1840 xdrive and 1260 auto transmission incentive
    most dealers were offering 2500 to 2900 off of msrp on a 328i coupe priced at 45 msrp. this did not qualify for x drive or auto tranny discount, but they did offer 1000 cash incentive. so i would shoot for about 6000 off of msrp for an xdrive sedan.
  • coach16coach16 Member Posts: 3
    I am getting lease prices over $400- that sounds too hight!
    Can you tell me what a good deal lease price is?

If I dont get another BMW do I have to pay the $350 disposition fee..
    Is there a way to negotiate out of it...My car has only 4K miles!
    it depends on the negotiated cap price of your car. you can try to negotiate the disposition fee. why are you trading in a car with only 4k miles in the first place?
  • purplepleasepurpleplease Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone recently purchased a 2009 328i 4 door sedan with prem. package automatic transmission in NC, VA or SC... If so what did you pay.
    I am looking to purchase very soon
  • samuel70samuel70 Member Posts: 17
    I am waiting on delivery. Ordered, 09, 328XI, 17" wheels, 8 way power seats, heated seats, black metallic paint....$437/mos, waived security deposit, base money down, $1900 includes all fees. I am in CT...
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    I just bought 2007 BMW 335I. Crimson red with black interior.

Manual trans
    Premium package
    Sports package
    Winter package
    Moonroof
    Phone integration
    Logic 7 stereo
    (pretty much every other option aside from idrive)

Car was cpo'd went into service march 2007, so still have almost 2 years of service and CPO warranty runs until march 2013. Paid 29,200 and got 3.9% for 60 months.

I think this was a pretty good deal.. I got the impression they were having a hard time selling the car due to it being loaded manual trans. However, that was exactly what i wanted. ;)

Payment with taxes and fees rolled in was $565/mo, $1500 down..
    Sounds good... how many miles on it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lexyfanlexyfan Member Posts: 13
    Hi All

I am not sure if this is the right forum for 335d as i don't see any discussion on 335d and &4500 BMW incentive here. I am looking for buying 335d and here is what dealer is giving me .

335d White Alpine with MSRP $43900

Premium Package $2650
    AntiTheft $400
    Comfor Access Key $500
    Sateliet Radio $595
    Ipod USB Adaptor $400
    Destination Charge $825
    Total $49470

Couple of questions dealer is saying we have scope of around 7.8% for negotiations which brings total down to $45592 - $4500 BMW incentive = $41092

Does that sound a good deal ? Plus if i don't care about all this satellite radio and comfort key options can i ask dealer to take it out ?which will bring down the cost by another $1900. Any help insights you can provide will be great. This is in TX.

Thanks
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Thanks. It has 33K miles on it, a bit high, but not too bad. I was only offered $500 as a trade-in on my '97 328i so i just kept it. I can use it a little so as to keep miles off the new car and maximize my cpo warranty/pre-paid service.

The "new" car is also immaculate, so i'll use the "old" one if i expect the car to get dinged up.

The finance office tried to sell me to pre-paid service for $2100, is it possible to get a deal on that?
    I heard the extended maintenance plan (which is what I assume you are referring to) just went up substantially on July 1st.. It already took a big jump last year, as well... You may be able to negotiate a few hundred off that price, but it is no longer the "deal" that it used to be... Two years ago, some dealers were discounting the package for $995..

I'd think you could sell your '97 for $2500-$4000 pretty easily, if you really want to get rid of it.. Maybe more, depending on condition, options, mileage, color, etc...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 328itampa328itampa Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Thought It would share my buying experience... Just got my first BMW, a 2009 328i, 7/27/09!

2009 328i sedan (base)
    black w/tan interior
    + automatic transmission
    + power front seats w/driver memory
    + floor mats
    Sticker/MSRP = $36,745

Sale Price (including dest. fees, discounts, everything but tax and tag) = $33889.95
    (This is about $20 under invoice, and $200 less than the TMV price, which includes the free automatic transmission credit)
    Tax = $1873.79
    License / Doc Stamp = $157.25
    I put $10k down to keep the monthly payments under control... also traded in a clunker for an additional $3500 credit. So, $13500 down total.

Financed $22,420.99 over 60 mos @ 1.9% apr = $392/mo! Was hoping to keep the payments nice and low... should have some equity in the car when time comes to trade around the time the warranty runs out. Leasing was not an option for me as I put too many miles on the car.

Love the car so far, even though its a "base" model... The deal almost fell apart at one point but I'm glad I saw it through (especially since the base model 2010's no longer come with the power sunroof, apparently!) Given the numbers above and thanks to this forum I feel like I got a good deal, hope you guys agree. Hope this helps potential buyers.
  • pdude1pdude1 Member Posts: 47
    Wow. Under invoice is always good. Will have to pass this to a friend who is also looking for a deal on 328 right now.