Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    xraymanrrxraymanrr Member Posts: 34
    current dealer incentive money($5340) is only available till end of oct on 2009 bmw models. again it depends on dealer, whether he wants to or not to pass money on to you.
  • Options
    calvin464calvin464 Member Posts: 12
    I don't know about how much price diff will be b/w now and 2010 but i just bought an CPO 2007 335i 19Kmiles at 33OTD and 0.9% for 4yrs plus free 2 first payment hope that help you.
  • Options
    twmarktwmark Member Posts: 41
    So I just got back home from test driving the G37S and 335 convertibles. The G37 is nice but lacks the connect between the driver and car that the BMW is offers. The BMW salemans sort of indicated to me that the car is selling so well that he is unwilling to negotiate much off the MRSP even for the DEMO!! Is there really such a demand for the 335 convertible or is he just playing hardball?
  • Options
    anowlananowlan Member Posts: 48
    It's October. Surely some dealer in the North has a convertible they're dying to move. On any BMW, $1000 over invoice should be available from most dealers and is fair. $500 over is a very good deal. There are additional factory to dealer incentives currently that should get you below invoice in some cases.
  • Options
    ksmith016ksmith016 Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal - 2010 bmw 328xi fully loaded for $44,628?
    -M Sports Package
    -Premium Package
    -Value Package
    -Automatic Steptronic
    -Xenon headlights
    -Anti-theft

Was being told the MSRP is $47,450 and there's a max 7% dealer commission.
  • Options
    skyblue789skyblue789 Member Posts: 1
    bought this for $38500 today. Did I get a good deal?

2010 bmw 328i
    ZPP Premium Package
    609 Navigation System
    205 6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
  • Options
    i purchased a left over 2009 328 ix this week, dertails above in another post. In my research alot of dealers did not have what i was looking for in a 2009 model. they gave me quotes on 2010 models. i received over 10 2010 quotes from all different dealers and the absolute best deal that i could get was $2300 off with less options. your price quote of nearly $2800 off sticker is near rock bottom where i live in the northeast. if you can somehow reach out further from where you live and find a 2009 leftover model, it is a totally different ball game, with a ton of dealer incentive money coming into play.
  • Options
    fybm09fybm09 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $36615 for a new 2009 BMW 328i Automatic with Premium + Sport + Navigation + Ipod/USB in the SF Bay area. Tax & fees extra.

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    jajjaj Member Posts: 55
    You're not being told the truth about MSRP. You'll be paying very close to full sticker at what you've been quoted. I suggest you do a bit more homework and go back with an offer that's much more beneficial to you.
  • Options
    davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    I am trying to work out what the total incentives would be to move an new 335i 09?

So far is it:

$5340 - to sell 09's
    $1325 - Free Auto

So could I take a price half way between invoice and msrp and reduce the total above and make that my point to aim at?

Thanks
  • Options
    eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    My recommendation is to start at invoice price and subtract all the incentive $ - that should be your goal price...
  • Options
    anowlananowlan Member Posts: 48
    It's probably unrealistic to expect to pay invoice for a BMW, as there are no dealer "holdbacks" or other back-end, unseen ways that the dealer may make a profit on a below-invoice sale. So if they sell for invoice, they make no profit. They'll make that up somehow (add points to the interest rate, undervalue your trade, all the usual methods.)

$500 over invoice is a very good deal, $1500 over invoice should be available from most dealers without too much haggling. As you add on the options, the spread between invoice and MSRP widens, and could approach $5000 at the high end (say, invoice of $50K, MSRP of $55K). So splitting the difference would have you overpaying by perhaps $2000. (Splitting the difference in the example I just gave would be $2500 over invoice, a deal ANY dealer would do.)

You can listen to the poster above and start at invoice. But just don't expect it as a realistic final outcome. Yes, $500 is $500, but at these prices we're talking about 1% of the cost of the car. It shouldn't make or break your ability to pay for the car. If you like the car, and it's optioned closely to how you would order a 2010, I wouldn't let it slip through my fingers on account of $500 in the final outcome. In other words, if the dealer agrees to $1K over invoice, then subtracts the incentive money, you'll be getting a very good deal. If you beat him/her down to $500 over invoice, and then subtract all the incentives, that's a great deal.
  • Options
    auditt180auditt180 Member Posts: 4
    I'm also interested in a 09 335(sedan). Was aware of the auto credit but thought the additional credit was $4,500 (per Edmunds) if you pay cash/don't finance with BMW FS. Where does the extra $840 come from to get to the $5,340?

ps any major diffs between the 335 sedan 09 v. 10 car or is the incentive just to compensate for having a car thats model yr is a yr older?

thks
  • Options
    rob_m3rob_m3 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Guys, is this a good deal:

2010 328i 4DR (MSRP $38950)
    Sport Package
    Moonroof
    BMW Assist with Bluetooth
    Value Package
    Automatic

Selling price is $34500
    $1500 Total Money due at signing.......$475.00 month including tax (7%)

Can I do better?
  • Options
    Car_Man/others help pls! For non BMW FS purchase is the incentive on a 09 335 sedan $5,340 or $6,340 plus the $1325 auto credit - ie is the total incentive $6,665 or $7,665?

Thanks
  • Options
    crimemastercrimemaster Member Posts: 2
    Even I am interested in figuring this one out. I am looking to get a deal on the last few remaining 09 sedans in my area (northwest).

As per Edmunds it is 4500 + 1260 = 5760 for 335, and 3500 + 1260 = 4760 for 328. Where are you getting numbers close to 6-7K from?

And from what I understand, the 4500 credit is only if I choose to go with my own financing option. Is there any such restriction on free automatic?
  • Options
    I may have been mistaken in my original posting, it looks like from edmunds that it is 4500 + 1260 if you do not use their financing and select auto for the 335i. I would be probably doing my own financing through penfed, I think they still around 3.9%

Anyone in the know that can shed some light on it? I am about to put an offer for a fairly loaded 09 335i for invoice less $5760.
  • Options
    banglenotbanglenot Member Posts: 31
    Edmunds TMV lists the National Base Price 2009 328XI as

$35.6 MSRP and
    $32.7 Invoice (both of which agree with the price lists).

But then lists the negotiated base price as $30.4.

Are members getting 2009 base prices below invoice on a regular basis?

Regards,

Terry
  • Options
    terry

i purchased a 2009 328ix last week. my research had additional dealer incentive money as $5340 on this model till the end of oct. other posts above had slightly different numbers, but somewhere in this ball park. it is each individual dealer's option, whether they will pass this additional discount onto the the customer or not. i live in the northeast and i found that at lot of dealers in the central/northern nj area were discounting these cars at about $6500- $7500 off sticker. if you can find a 2009 left over model with colors and options that you like , see if you can make a similar deal. i paid $7100 off sticker for the car i just bought for my daughter.
  • Options
    banglenotbanglenot Member Posts: 31
    Thanks. Can I ask how much above/below invoice price it was?

Terry
  • Options
    terry

i paid $3750 below invoice.

more details above, in post 10223
  • Options
    larsunlarsun Member Posts: 4
    There are deals to be had out there for 2009 bmw if you have flexibility on options, I purchased a 335i today with most of the options I desired except comfort access.

MSRP: 50350
    Price before TTL (after $5760 incentive): ~40800
    OTD: ~45295

Good luck! The 2009 bmws are off the lot quickly!
  • Options
    htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Hi!

This is the deal I am getting on a 2009 328i Coupe on a lease!

Automatic Transmission
    Metallic Paint
    Ipod/USB
    Destination

MSRP 39,600
    Invoice 36,530

Offered to me for $37,706.50 - $2000 Lease incentive on 328i Coupe = $35,706.50. Told this is $500 over invoice plus $400 for MACO, $164 for preparations and detailing and $112.50 for floor mats!

Is that a good deal okay deal or great deal???

Since I am going for a lease, I don't get the $3500 incentive on the 328i Coupe, but I do get 2,000 lease cash!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    sounds like a great deal - ignoring the $5760 incentive what were you relative to invoice?
  • Options
    bmwjli777bmwjli777 Member Posts: 3
    great deal!
    is the 40800=invoice-5760(incentive $)?
    can 0.9% apply to this too?
    thanks!
  • Options
    crimemastercrimemaster Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a 2009 328i with all the options I want except the folding rear seats (usually part of the cold weather package).

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get it done at a local dealer after buying the car? If yes, how much would it cost? I am guessing it would be more than the cost of the option for a new car.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,218
    Anything is possible...

But, in this case, it would involve cutting sheet metal.... You wouldn't want to do it.... and I doubt any dealer would consider it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I believe the invoice is 46795. So, the price is about 5900 - 6000 below the invoice. Since the 09 car depreciates immediately, the deal only eases the pain... :)
  • Options
    I don't think that one can combine the $4500 credit with the .9% financing, but $1260 will be given regardless unless you buy a manual.
  • Options
    bmwjli777bmwjli777 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks.
    I am working on 328i (2009), dealer said they can not give me incentive for 1260+3500, they can only give me either 1260 or 3500. but if $3500, 0.9% will not apply to it, I have to go with my own car loaner or cash pay.

Is that a good deal if I pay TMV $ - 3500 price for a 2009 328i?
    thanks a lot!
  • Options
    michaelnhlmichaelnhl Member Posts: 13
    Looking to buy 335 i manual.I know about $ 4500 credit from BMW.What is $1260 is about ? And why they discriminate against manual trasmition.
  • Options
    kaifewkaifew Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations!! Could you tell me if the $35,457 is the OTD price?Thanks
  • Options
    no
    $35,457 plus fees and tax
  • Options
    timhotimho Member Posts: 9
    Got a brand new 335i sedan last weekend: Space Gray with Black Leatherette, Automatic, Sport Package, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, and iPod interface. MSRP is $46400 and got it for $40200 OTD without using 0.9%. With 9.25% tax rate and title, essentially it's about $10k off MSRP! Apparently dealers are clearing them out at the moment and all the cashbacks from BMW make the deal so sweet. If you are very flexible on the color and packages, now is the best time to get an '09 from dealer's lot with huge discount.

Tim
  • Options
    I think I have waited too long. Today seems to be the last day for the $1260 Auto rebate. I did email an offer in to a dealer, and they emailed back a reply to come in on Monday. Seems kinda crazy that they would wait, knowing that $1260 would have been taken off the table! Lets hope there is additional discounts starting. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    flyingpig5flyingpig5 Member Posts: 4
    I am hesitating between a new 328XI or a 2007 CPO one. But I am not worrying about BMW's promotion ended this week. IMHO:
    1. Oct's promotion is obviously better than Sep;
    2. Nov & Dec are typically slow months for car dealers;
    3. The most important one: we are still in a severe recession (I'd rather say it's a depression level recession). Don't believe the hype in media. The "jobless/creditless recovery" is a joke. The demand is weak....
  • Options
    al09al09 Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to figure out what is the best lease deal for a 335 coupe with Nav. I don't really care if it is 09 or 10. So anyone with a good deal, I would like to hear about it. I would like to know $ down (incl. all fees), monthly payments, # of months, and where? Thanks.
  • Options
    nepropneprop Member Posts: 41
    Looking to by a 3 series for a move to southern CA. Any guidance on what states comply with CA emissions requirements so that I could buy my car and then rest assured that it will comply with CA requirements? Does it make more sense to limit my used car search to CA only and therefore not contend with this concern?

Feedback from those that have experienced this is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,218
    I'm pretty sure that all BMWs are 50-state compliant.. Someone else could chime in, if they've heard differently....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    as far as i understand, it doesn't matter whether a used car meets CA emissions or not , you can still register it in CA just as easily. as long as it has more than 7500 miles...
  • Options
    HOST, thank you.
  • Options
    Elias, thanks.
  • Options
    you are most welcome, neprop. fwiw, in early-1990s there was a $300 per-vehicle fee for registering a used car in CA if the previous reg was out-of-state. It was ruled an illegal fee and many folks got refunds. I'm not sure if the state has since figured a way to re-assess such a fee legally, but it's probably just a matter of time!
  • Options
    Hi, Thanks to all that had posted the rebates and deals. I got an ok deal on a new 09 on dealers lot.

Metallic, Auto, sport, prem, nav, sat, ipod, msrp 51480 paid 42500. excluded was mats, tags/licence,tax,dealer prep

basically Invoice -1260 - 4500 (paid cash) + 500 profit to dealer
  • Options
    Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Did you have to work hard to only pay $500 profit to dealer?
  • Options
    nobody knows the dealer profit except for a few key people at the dealership and the factory, usually the contracts/business-manager types.
    please let's stop talking as if we could possibly know the dealer profit?
    all we know is what was paid and how that compares to invoice or msrp, eh?
    we can guess about what is a dealer profit on any particular sale, but what's the point?

luckily there aren't any leftover 3-series diesels or i might be too tempted to grab one with the $5600 of incentives :)
  • Options
    Firebird_EOU, the 'dealer profit' of $500 was quite easy, although they did know me at the dealership and knew that I was looking at lots of dealers, and I had all my figures with me. That is why I said it was an OK deal, as it seemed to come quite easy. I am still happy with the price I paid.
  • Options
    jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    After the great '09 rebates in October, anyone know the '09 and '10 rebates for November? I see "holiday cash" up to ~$2500 on the BMW lease site right now.

I wonder what the 2010 example would sell for (MSRP $45.1k)
  • Options
    I meant how hard he had to work for, for the $500 above invoice deal.
  • Options
    For lease/finance there is $2,500, and there is another $2,500 for 2009 model for marketing support, although I am not sure if you can combine the two. It's not as good as the $4,500 + autotrans or AWD rebates though.