Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Great price.. almost at dealer cost..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You'll have to read a little closer.. No one is getting an '05 325xi for $6K-$7.5K off...

The dealer cash incentive on the 325xi is $1500... I'm not sure what you mean by "out of the door"..

A good price would be around $4000 under MSRP plus taxes..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nashainashai Member Posts: 1
    Is the $4200 rebate on 2006 330i or the 330ci?
  • peakpropeakpro Member Posts: 65
    no....

on the 2005 modeils...and i don't think on the Ci but i may be wrong on this
    All dealer incentives (not rebates) are on the '05 models..

330i = $4200
    325i = $2500
    330xi = $4000
    325xi = $1500
    Z4 2.5 = $2500
    Z4 3.0 = $4500

No dealer cash on coupes or convertibles..

No dealer cash on '06 models..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jp007jp007 Member Posts: 7
    But how often can you get invoice pricing on a BM? I wish I could get invoice minus dealer incentive. I went to a dealership and they were offering me a 325xi (2005) for $3000 off MSRP. They were also willing to include a alarm system for half off. The alarm installation was $750, which I think is steep for an alarm system. You can get one for cheaper; however it wouldn't be an official BM product. :)

I guess that the pricing of the car is invoice, since the invoice is about $3000 off MSRP. At least the cash rebate for a 325xi is least of the incentive. :)

BTW is the extended service (2 more year or 50,000 additional miles) worth it for $1200?
    Generally, you can't get a BMW for invoice... Although, once they start putting incentives on them, you should be able to get close to Invoice minus Incentive..

Somewhere between that and $1000 higher, you should be able to make a deal..

You can buy the extended service at any time before the original maintenance term ends.... I would wait..

Why do you need an alarm? The BMW already has an ignition immobilizer.. The only way to steal the car is to tow it.. I certainly wouldn't pay $750 for that...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• odessitodessit Member Posts: 140
    2006 325i bought in upstate NY. Options are:
    Automatic transmission
    Power seats (not sports seats, just regular seats)
    Heated sets
    Metallic paint (dark blue)

price as quoted on BMW website 34,240
    price after negotiating 33,000 plus the dealer threw in rubber floor mats (about $70) and also this dealership offers free carwashes for lifetime of a vehicle.
  • amt7565amt7565 Member Posts: 165
    That's a pretty decent deal!
  • asennaf1kingasennaf1king Member Posts: 4
    I've searched the web for delivery time estimates. The order went in on April 28th and the car has been in the awaiting shipment status since May 14th. I found a response in a forum that estimated 12 days of travel time for the ship to the east coast. I opted out on the performance delivery, so I assume that it will arrive in Jersey. If I'm lucky, my car will be shipped sometime during the next few days and would mean that I'd be able to pick it up from the dealer somewhere between June 10 and June 17. Does this sound like a valid time estimate?
  • newbeemrnewbeemr Member Posts: 3
    Hey everybody I've been checking this site for a while and I finally bought my beemer....Just wondering what everybody thot (I live in LA/CA) :

2005 330i
    [non-permissible content removed]. Silver Metallic
    Premium Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Xenon Lights
    Automatic Tran.
    MSRP: $42,245
    Invoice:$38,725
    Purchase Price(w/Destination only): $36,175

Either way its a great car just got it this afternoon and its awesome!!! Cant wait to wake up Friday and drive (never been so excited to go to work hahaha :D )
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Congrads, but outside LA its referred to as a Bimmer.. :shades:
    Thanks! and since im in LA ill stick with Beemer...NICE!! :shades:
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    It's too late to want to know if it's a good deal or not since you already bought it. Just enjoy it!
    I was trying to be gentle. Before someone else got to you ;)
  • navyav8rnavyav8r Member Posts: 2
    HI:

Glanced over many, many post from previous months. What would be a reasonable price be for a totally loaded 05 330CIC. The dealer's window sticker is $52,695 (includes dest charge); I know this has to come down quite a bit with the new 06 due out soon, but how much. It is located in No. FL.

Thanks.
    The '06 convertible will be identical to the '05... There will be no new model for at least a year, and probably not until Fall of '06, as an '07 model..

Spring is not the cheapest time to buy a convertible... $2000 off MSRP is probably the average deal.. If you get $3K off, consider yourself lucky...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yea you are right...well at least it will serve as some help for someone that wants to buy one of the few 2005's that are out. Thanks I WILL ENJOY AND AM ENJOYING IT!!! WOOHOO!!! :shades:
  • mslevy16mslevy16 Member Posts: 1
    I'm going in to the dealer tomorrow to see a 2006 325i that I put a deposit on.

Premium package
    Navigation
    Heated Seats
    Leather
    Automatic

Price we're working from is 38,145 (msrp). The salesman told me he's sure he can do "something" but there are no dealer incentives. If I'm going to end up paying 38k is it worth it to lease instead of buy? Also I'm a Virginia resident and the dealership is in Maryland. Could that be part of it?
    Hey, mslevy16, I’d say get about 1000 off msrp. Here is my previous post for comparison (you probably saw it already, sorry for repost):
    --------
    2006 325i bought in upstate NY. Options are:
    Automatic transmission
    Power seats (not sports seats, just regular seats)
    Heated sets
    Metallic paint (dark blue)

price as quoted on BMW website 34,240
    price after negotiating 33,000 plus the dealer threw in rubber floor mats (about $70) and also this dealership offers free carwashes for lifetime of a vehicle.
    ----
    It makes sense to get some deals from few others dealerships before coming to the one that you really want to buy a car from. Just walk in with a stone face, show salesperson printout of what you want and ask what he would sell it for.

A have a favor to ask. When you look at the car, can you check if backsides of the front seats have storage net? Please let me know. Reason I am asking is that 325i must have them as standard equipment. Guess what – it is missing on mine 325i :)
  • tksungtksung Member Posts: 34
    > Thanks tksung. I am also interested in 2006 325i. Would you please send me the
    > dealer info. you mentioned?
    >
    Sorry for the late reply. Edmunds wouldn't reveal your email. Feel free to email me instead (tksung at extravert dot com).
  • gwenjeangwenjean Member Posts: 4
    I also checked on both the 325 & 330xi series but not sure if these are good prices.
    330XI: Edmunds TMV = $38,966
    MSRP = $43,095
    Dealership Quoted = $37,647
    Black Sapphire Metallic
    Black Leather
    Cold weather and Premium Package
    Automatic transmission.

325XI: Edmunds TMV = $36,061
    MSRP = $38,245
    Dealership Quoted: $35,185
    Titanium silver Metallic
    Black leather
    Cold Weather and Premium Package
    automatic transmission.

What do you think?
    There are BMW to dealer cash incentives on both of these models...

The 330xi has a $4000 incentive.

The 325xi has a $1500 incentive.

This makes your effective discount $1248 on the 330xi and $1560 on the 325xi...

Those aren't very aggressive offers.. You should be looking for at least $1000 less on the 325xi and $1500 or more less on the 330xi..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• berny1berny1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi All,

Could anyone share a good deal on the Dallas Metroplex Area?.. I'm looking for a 330i with SP and PP.

The best so far is 500 off the MSRP :cry:

Thanks,
    Berny
    Opps.. I forgot to mention that is for the new 2006 330i.

Thanks,
    Berny
    DFW dealers are tight with the selling price. I shopped for 3 months to get the price I wanted. These are new models, can you wait 2-3 months? The prices should get better by then.
    Thanks!.. could you give me more details?.. what dealer was that?.. what kind of deal?..

Regards,
    Well, I got the 2005 model, not the 2006. There were already good rebates on the 2005 models. Send me an email and I can give you some contact information.
  • gwenjeangwenjean Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I was planning on going in to test drive the 330xi, this way I will now know to see how much more they are willing to go down to, to try and sell the car. That is if I like it.
    Thanks again!!
  • dantessdantess Member Posts: 6
    I just started looking to buy my first BMW. So glad that I find out from you gys about the $4200 rebate! Anyway, I went to a local dealer here in Northern Virginia and was offered a 2005 silver metallic 330i - Premium pkg, Auto, MSRP $40,345- for $33,845. Is this a good deal? Sales guy said he can also get another silver metallic with Sport pkg, Premium pkg, Auto, Xenon for $35,745 + delivery charge of $700 because the car is at another dealer. Anyone else find a decent deal in the northern Virginia area? Thanks.
    They are both pretty good deals. Possibly another $500 off the second one.
  • ken6ken6 Member Posts: 8
    One of the dealers in Mpls says there are no 2005 330 xis left - are there any out there in the midwest?
  • david22david22 Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to buy a 2006 330i with:
    Premium Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Navigation
    Metallic Paint
    Sat Radio Prep
    Manual Transmission

For $41,600 including destination and prep, sound okay? Thanks!
    What's the MSRP?
    MSRP is $44,345
  • sacurtissacurtis Member Posts: 3
    Thats a hell of a deal, your not going to beat it. It's basically 1k over invoice, the best I have been able to find is 1500 over invoice. Most dealers don't even want to budge off of MSRP
    Okay my friend, thanks very much...
    WOW. Go get it before they get sober and change their mind.
  • 3boy3boy Member Posts: 6
    What are the residual percentage and money factor on a 36/36 lease for a 2006 325i? What kind of payments can I expect for auto + premium + metallic paint (MSRP $35645), assuming the BMW cap cost reduction of $2500? Thanks in advance.
    Residual 63%
    MF .00255

MSRP $35,645
    Selling price $34,145
    Cap cost $34,770 (Selling price + $625 acq.fee)
    Payment $488+tax..
    Due at signing: 1st pymt, security deposit, title/license..

I don't know what kind of discount from MSRP you can get... This example assumes $1500... If the discount is $2500, then the payment would be $458+tax.

I would never make a cap cost reduction, and certainly not $2500.. But, you can play with the cap cost to figure the monthly cost... $3/mo.difference in payment for every $100 either way, whether it is a discount from MSRP or a cap cost reduction.. .it has the same effect.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tootsie1tootsie1 Member Posts: 27
    Ok everyone, reading these boards makes me feel even better with the deal I got on my '05 BMW. I love this car so much that even if I had not gotten such a great deal I would still be happy..the price I got is just icing on the cake.. who knew BMW's were so affordable? I was coming out of 2002 VW Jetta 1.8t that leased for 289( pre-tax) on a cap cost of 21889, msrp of 23875 for 36/36 12k ..and here is the deal for the BMW:

05 Jet Black/Black myrtle wood 325i
    premium package (BMW Assist, Bluetooth, rain sensor, auto headlamps, power seats with lumbar adjust, floormats included)
    navigation
    xenon headlamps (the best feature! get them if you can -- well worth the 700)

MSRP : 36070
    Cap Cost: 31215
    Residual: a strong 68%!
    Drive off: 2500 total
    24/20 $354 (pretax)
    money factor 2.75 with waived aqq fee of 625 and waived security dep. (If I would done of the money factor of I think 2.40 the monthly payments would have been higher as was going 36 months my payments would be higher.. this was the best program for my needs).

Did this deal at the end of April, and went back a week later in May to tip the salesman $50 and the F& I Manager $100..because the salesman was nice the way he took me on an extensive test drive, freeway, and canyon drive, and the F&I Manager a little more because he was straight with the numbers, and in the future I may want to add and i-pod adapter or sattelite radio I know I will get a fair deal. Truly. the best 150 I spent for all the goodwill it afforded me.

Get this car -- after you do you will wonder why you waited so long.

:P :D:blush:
  • weno2weno2 Member Posts: 38
    I'm finally ready to buy. I'm choosing b/w an 05 330i w/AT, PP & CP, or an 06 330i w/AT.

Looking at the standard equipment w/the 06, it looks as if I'm not missing much if I get the 06.

Based on the $, I should be able to get the 06 b/w $36.5 - $37K; the 05 for around $35K.

Will appreciate any input.
  • kenshirokenshiro Member Posts: 16
    Hi Everyone,

I am about to purchase my 1st BMW. Could anyone share a good deal in Southern California? I'm looking for a 2006 330i with automatic transmission and heated seat. What price will I be exptecing over invoice?
    Also, what is the average price for extended warranty? Is it a good idea to buy it when purchasing the car, or later before manufacture warranty expires?
    For the 2005 330i use this forumula and you should be able to get something better.
    Invoice price - $4200 + $500(dealer profit).
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Dantess -

Sounds like pretty decent deals. Who are you dealing with in Northern VA? BMW of Fairfax?
  • dvand17dvand17 Member Posts: 10
    I just test drove a 325 w/o Sport pkg, and there were no nets in the back seat. Apparently, the 325 gets the nets with the Sports Pkg, the 330 should have them standard (not positive about that, but I believe so). I thought this was interesting since I didn't see this documented anywhere (i.e. as a perk of the Sports pkg).
    The documentation, actually official brochure, specifies storage nets on the back of front seats to be STANDARD equipment. I don’t know about you but I will make them either to install it in my car or compensate some other way. Please, look at the brochure – nets must be in 325i and 330i regardless of sport package.
    Does the cash to dealer apply to a managers demo car? My buddie fooled around and waited til all new 2005 were gone,, grr . So now looking at the demo with 5k miles.

DL
  • mexa05mexa05 Member Posts: 8
    i almost bought one at motorwerks last week, backed out because they would not give me anywhere near market value for my trade in. i dont think sears has any...
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    I was at Westchester BMW on Saturday after work checking out the E90s and stumbled upon an '05 Black Sasphire/Black Leather, Cold Weather, ZHP, Xenon, 6 speed 330i. There was a Tag in the windshield saying they were selling the car for $37,900. I'm sure they could go lower than this, but anybody looking for a great E46 should check it out. Westchester BMW is a company owned store and form what I observed, the salespeople seem quite arrogant when it comes to pricing. Might be a good time to try one's internet negotiation skills out.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD