Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    Good question bmwmb, I am also looking for an answer to that.

skiman2, do you think 11.7% was a good discount, when other major brands somehow are giving 15% to 25% off MSRP in this recession?

I was checking consumerreports.org and they listed some vehicles selling for those discounts. I would think you should be getting at least 15% off MSRP if they want a sale. BMW is currently down 38% off last years same month sales. That must be hurting.

So back to bmwmb's question. the current $3000 BMW to dealer incentives are reflected in overstock, edmunds pricing or not.
  • banker2banker2 Member Posts: 15
    2009 BMW 328i Sedan
    Black Sapphire Metallic exterior color
    Oyster leather interior
    Premium Package
    Automatic
    17" Wheels
    Xenon lights
    Comfort access
    Heated seats
    IPOD adapter
    MSRP: $42,250 (including dest)
    INVOICE: $39095 + $488 advertising fee (which appears to be legit) = $39,583
    Selling Price: $40,133 ($550 over dealer cost) + 3% sales tax
    Took the 0.9% financing currently available on this model thru 5/31/09
  • investor27investor27 Member Posts: 59
    Man. Where do you live that has only a 3% sales tax? Here in Wisconsin it's 5%, and close by Chicago, IL, I believe it is more than that.
  • vike90vike90 Member Posts: 2
    At least you don't live in California ;) 9.25% in LA and 8.75 in Orange County
  • butmywife3butmywife3 Member Posts: 4
    Banker2
    Congrats on the new purchase. I just ordered mine, too.
    328iX
    Tasman w/Saddle Leather
    Premium
    Sport
    HD Radio
    Heated Seats
    6 Speed
    PDC
    Power Shades
    Upgraded Sound System
    iPod Adapter
    MSRP: $45,540
    Out the door for ED pickup @ 40,540.
    I got the 0.9% too and, you can write off the state tax next April 15.
    I didn't pay for any advertising fees or "training" fees, perhaps because of the ED. Off to Munich in mid-June.
    ButMyWife
  • investor27investor27 Member Posts: 59
    Man. That is outrageous. I don't, but my family still lives in Orange County.

To the ED poster: You are correct that you don't have to pay the training and advertising fees if you are doing European Delivery.
  • heypogiheypogi Member Posts: 5
    great deal!!
    i did the same about $600 over invoice
    BUT man, where do you live? 3% sales tax!!
    sf bay area in dec 08, 8.25%
    North Carolina is the state with 3% sales tax on vehicles. One of the many things I love about this state!
    To: ButmyWife (love the name)........congrats on your order as well. Sounds like a nice ride at a good price. European Delivery sounds alot more fun than just picking up at the dealer!
  • sw113sw113 Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2006 330i from the original owner. The car is sparkling metalic graphite with sport, and premium packages including BMW assist, bluetooth integration, and low-jack. It has 61,000 miles. I got it for $17,000. Does anyone have a feel for if this was a deal? Thanks for the input.
  • bluguysbluguys Member Posts: 19
    This is a first time im planning to lease BMW.
    And I just received the below quote for 328i from local dealer-

Premium Pack
    Navi
    Automatic Trans
    Xenon Headlights
    Comfort Access
    17" V-Spoke Wheels
    Anti Theft

MSRP - $43,580
    Sale Price - 41,350 +Tax+Title Fee+Document Fees = $45,013.34
    Downpayment - $2500

36 months lease with 10,000 miles/yr @ $639.00 a month

Please let me know guys what you think....
  • bimmer_dreamerbimmer_dreamer Member Posts: 4
    I am planning to get a BMW with this configuration:
    - 328i xDrive Coupe European Delivery
    - Navigation system
    - Premium package
    - Automatic transmission
    - Heated front seats
    - Metallic paint
    - Alarm system

The quoted out the door price is $44300.00 (tax and tags included). Is it a good deal?

Thanks
  • skiman2skiman2 Member Posts: 11
    Sounds very expensive. I received 11.7% off MSPR for similar car here with Nav/ Bluetooth/ keyless comfort access/ Auto for $36,300. vs. $41,100 MSRP
    i don't think so.It appears expensive. I received 11.7% off MSPR for similar car with Nav/ Bluetooth/ keyless comfort access/ Auto for $36,300. vs. $41,100 MSRP
    My lease for 36 months with 10,000 miles/year with MSD's netted to $460.00 /month.

You should shop around. Good luck!
    This is for the 2009 328i xDrive ED. This is the lower price I got from 5 different dealers. The MSRP out the door price is $47694.60 (not lease). What is your configuration? Thanks.
  • stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    HOST:

2009 328i Coupe
    MSRP: 45,250
    Quote: 42,100
    Term: 36 Months @ 10k mi/yr

What should I expect to pay approximately per month?

NY sales tax rate is 8.375%
    Your quote appears expensive. You are only getting 6.96% off or just $3,150 off MSRP. For comparison, I received 11.7% off MSPR for 2009 328 xi Drive car with Nav/ Bluetooth/ keyless Comfort Access/ Auto for $36,300. vs. $41,100 MSRP That's $4,800 off MSRP.

My lease for 36 months with 10,000 miles/year with MSD's (Multiple Security Deposits ) netted to $460.00 /month including the 6% sales tax in CT.

You should shop around and demand a more competitive price. Good luck!
  • dong84dong84 Member Posts: 24
    Hi, would you please send me your deal in deatail at dhyun4@hotmail.com? Cause I am going to lease bmw 328 coupe without any option and will have to pay $500 a month with $1000 down payment. It seems your deal is much better and I am wondering I can use your deal to make better deal. Thank you for your help in advance.
  • eric3838eric3838 Member Posts: 3
    Hi..I am looking for getting a new car and interested in buying 09' 335i (BMW)..can i get you guys out-the-door price...if it is possible can i get detail price thru eric3838@hotmail.com...
    thank you
    Hello

My deal was I am ordering the car to be built w/o all the expensive packages.

Car wll have navigation, bluetooth, Keyless Comfort Entry system and Steptronic transmission. With delivery the vehicle stickers for $41,100. I'm paying 36,300 . To get the monthly lease to $460 (including 6% sales tax) for 10,000 miles per year for 36 month term I am investing a total of eight $500 multiple security deposits. There is no cap cost reduction. However unlike you paying $1,000 in cap cost, in my deal after 3 years when the lease is up I get the $4,000 back.Your $1,000 is gone. But it's saving me nearly $49/month on the lease. This savings viewed as tax free return on my investment is like making 13% tax free interest per year over the 3 years.

Skiman
    Thank you very much for your info. The problem is that I don't want to put any security deposit.
    My deal is 1000 down 500 a month 12k for 36 month.
    328 coupe manual with no option.

What do you think?
  • calvin464calvin464 Member Posts: 12
    Hi all,
    Great forum. I'm thinking about getting a 2006 330 CPO convertible that is listed as $30K (21K miles, sport package and xenon). Has anyone success getting the 0.9% financing that is currently offering for 06 model on the BMW CPO web site?

Also what would be the common deal price when dealing with a CPO BMW. Is 2-3K down from the listed prices reasonable? Thanks for all your help.
    Thank you much for your valuable response. Would you mind me using your your deal with my local dealer to see if I'd get similar offer?

Thank you!
    my email is bluguys@gmail.com
    Here is my 328i configuration-

6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    CRIMSON RED
    PREMIUM PKG
    SPORTS PKG
    DVD-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    HEATED FRONT SEAT

What could be the best deal on this spec? Please let me know.

Thank you!
    Here is the configuration of my 328i that Im going to buy-

6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    CRIMSON RED
    PREMIUM PKG
    SPORTS PKG
    DVD-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM

What could be the best deal on this config? Please let me know.
    Take 11.7% off the vehicle's MSRP. If you are getting less of a discount, you are not getting a razor sharp deal.
  • stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    I'm a little confused, why 11.7%? If that because that is what you got off of MSRP on your deal? If it is that's holding all variables equal....If bluguys is located around BMW dealerships that are doing very poorly, and hardly moving cars, in comparison to other US dealerships maybe he would get even more off MSRP? Or inversely possibly less than that 11.7% figure?
  • samimsamim Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car man,

I ended up leasing a 2009 BMW cp xi, MRSP was: 46035 and invoice is: 43035, i paid 4000 at signing covering downpament, taxes, etc. and I will be paying 499/mo for 36 months, I really don't know if it's a good deal or I could have got a better deal. It's a full option car and has got all packages, AWD with streptonic automatic transmission, I just fell in love with it and signed the papers but now I am not sure abt the price, plz help me!!
    So you negotiated $3K off on a $46K MSRP car or 6.6%

I received $4.8K off a $41K car or 11.7% if you read my post above. If the shoe fits wear it or if you like the car drive it!
  • bmwmbbmwmb Member Posts: 2
    How can you make a blanket statement like that? It's absurd. Despite reports of M3's "building up on the lots" my dealer NEVER has more than one and has no trouble selling them. I promise you they are not taking 11.7% off anything M3 related. I doubt even you could do better than half that.

On the other hand, they are overrun with converts. At least half their entire 3 inventory is converts. I would bet you could do BETTER than 11.7% on one.

These forums are ok for general guidelines and to keep up on incentives and promos but assuming you can do as well as someone in another state is just as stupid as assuming you can't do better.
  • bmw530ownerbmw530owner Member Posts: 22
    $700 above invoice for a 5 series
    Base INVOICE $43,381
    MSRP $46,625
    Amex Price $44,081

$500 above invoice a 3 series
    Base Inv $32,044
    MSRP $34,425
    Amex Price $32,544
    I just ordered a 2009 328xi for European delivery.

- Automatic transmission
    - Silver gray
    - Premium package
    - Anti-theft alarm
    - Heated front seats
    - Navigation system (hard-drive based)

Price that I paid: $41565.09 + $2493.91 + $245 = $44304 (out the door)
    It is a little $300 over the invoice. Hope this is a good deal!
    Forgot to say, this is a coupe.
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    New 2009 BMW 328i Base + auto transmission + Metallic color

Purchase Price = 36115.56 = 32720 + Tax + License and Registration
    Invoice = 33495.00
    MSRP = 36300.00

Price negotiation is done all via email.
  • nycxprodigynycxprodigy Member Posts: 2
    328xi + automatic + cold gear package + power seats

for around 38000 out the door??
    I found out that Auto Transmission is free of charge for dealers as an incentive for them, so I renegotiate the price down to 32K + tax + license and registration
    Hi, Would you please send me your deal at dhyun4@hotmail.com if you can.

I am about to buy bmw 328 coupe without any option. if I have info from your deal, it will be really great help. Thanks.
  • tp21tp21 Member Posts: 16
    looking at an 09 328xi service loaner with approx 10k miles. MSRP 41,700 (Prem, Auto, Htd Seats, iPod). Sales price is 33,975. BMW Select @ .9% for 60mo. I drive about 10k per year so I think I'll make up the miles in a couple of years. "Balloon" payment at month 61 is 11,675 (28% residual). Thoughts?
    You are saving $2,600 over my deal for a car with $10,000 miles on it. I paid $36,300 for a car with an MSRP of $41,100. So if you feel they are offerring you enough off with a year's worth of miles sign and drive.

Good luck!
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Member Posts: 11
    I heard from a dealer
    335 $3000 cashback
    328 auto $1250 (?)
    lease $750

Is that correct? Anything else new?

I want to buy 32i sedan manual, sport package
    MSRP $36,475
    TMV $34,810
    Invoice $33,600

The best offer I got is at invoice. Is that good deal? Is it possible to get it cheaper?
    They have 0.9% apr for 60 months, how much can I save on this?

Thanks.
    dong84!

I live in Southern California. If still interested please let me know. I will shoot you an email.
  • joe_plummerjoe_plummer Member Posts: 5
    Tri-state area, a 2009 328Xi. Gray/Beige, automatic, permium, cold weather and IPOD. With 1840 credit for the AWD, I got down to 37800 before TTL, or 200 below the real invoice prices, 0.9% financing for 60 months. Good deal?
    ocbbmw,

Thanks.

my email is dhyun4@hotmail.com. please send me your deal.

I really appreciate it.
  • jph123jph123 Member Posts: 3
    ocbbmw,

Please send me the info. too. My email johnpho@hotmail.com. Thanks.
  • marknog1marknog1 Member Posts: 2
    I had a bad experience with a delear trying to lease a 328xi with 15000 mi. He was very elusive and difficult to work with. What is the best way to approach a lease? Should I call the dealers, instead of wasting my time in person, and ask over the phone what they have in stock, what is the selling price, % residual and money factor?

He gave me a selling price of about 42,000 on a 328xi, 15k/mi/yr premiumpckge, cold weather package for 560/ month plus 3700 due at signing for taxes, 1st month down payment and acquisition fee. Appreciate any help.
  • manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    Nope. The cost to the dealer for ED cars is lower than US invoice.

Search BMW forums for european delivery wholesale price.
  • dwoolmandwoolman Member Posts: 7
    Most dealers should have a website. Start by searchng the inventory of all BMW dealers in your general area. Keep in mind that not all dealers update their inventories regularly. If you discover a car you're interested in, the next step is up to you. You can make an email inquiry, call or visit.

Lease calculations require a number of values. You can find info on what they are and how to figure them on several different websites.

BMW residual rates and/or money factors often change monthly. You should also be able to find these on the web.

Good luck.
  • bryanr2bryanr2 Member Posts: 1
    How does this deal sound?

09' BMW 328 with the Sport, Premium and Ipod connection for $38,000

MSRP=41,550
    Invoice=38,275

Add $500 to invoice for dealer advertising fees
    Add $500 to invoice for dealer profit over invoice
    Subtract 1,285 for auto transmission offer from BMW

Offer is $38,000

Plan to utilize 0.9% interest rate over 60 months for additional savings. This seems like a great deal on a new BMW 3 series. Thoughts?
  • mike141mike141 Member Posts: 8
    Car man, can you let me know if this is a good lease?

328I
    MSRP: $42,695
    Sales Price: $39,795
    Edmunds Invoice: $39,315
    Final Price with $2K down payment = $37,795

12K miles a year / 36 months
    59% residual and the base factor is .00220
    $458.73 monthly payment with out taxes included

My question is do I have more room to negotiate the sales price since since BMW is offering a credit for auto transmission. The residual and base factor appear to be okay per the previous message boards.

Thanks for your input