Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• spcwbyspcwby Member Posts: 1
    Bought an '08 328i sedan w/manuel, premium pkg (and heated seats), with 4.6k mileage for 28,495 from Scott Bradely of Rasmussen BMW in PDX.

I am the kind of person that I usually (most always) desire more hp, but for a semi daily driver....I was impressed with the buttery smooth torque curve of the (non turbo) engine and the (gear ratio) spread of the 6sp.

I have owned an 325is ('90) and a 535i ('89) and the linage of upgrades that the 328i encompasses is amazing. It is true that there is a lot of 'just as good as' but in every field there is only one leader' as the benchmark!

Your mileage may vary....It has been a long time since I bought anything for myself. The vehicle, at the price, was unbeatable for price/product econometrics.

Btw Scott Bradley knows his stuff (product & application, w/professionalism and respect for the client)!
  • rmgovenderrmgovender Member Posts: 8
    I live in the DC area and am wondering what others are paying for the 335. If anyone has prices they have paid or been quoted for the 335coupe with any options would be helpful (I am still deciding on options). For fully loaded msrp is 51k.

Any info you have would be helpful. Thank you.
  • goldenone23goldenone23 Member Posts: 5
    xohadrianx@gmail.com
  • card39card39 Member Posts: 1
    The deal is new 09 328 x idrive- Im financing , in Scranton pa area
    msrp is 40695-
    discount 1800
    trade 6500
    cash down 5000
    2.9% for 60 months
    agreed upon $515 (got down from $529-) a month w/tax/tages included
    A good deal ??
  • siccesicce Member Posts: 11
    I just leased a 335 conv with Prem pkg, Sport pkg, Comfort access, Auto, Nav, Heated seats, through cargo loading.
    MSRP: $60520
    Sold at: $55641
    Cash down: $3800 (incls all fees and 1st month payment)
    10K/36mnts
    $690/Month incl Tax

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    Jake
  • nescovernescover Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I would say this is a good deal. I am looking at the same car but 36 month and 15k per year, so if your residual is around 58-60% then I would say you are in the range.

The same lease in California (9.75% tax) would be about $740 per month with a 15k mile per year allowance and the $1,000 lease cash available. You should be looking at a money factor of .0018 and then the math is the math as you should be able to find the car for about $500 over invoice and then the $1k lease cash comes off so the net effect is a cap cost of $500 below invoice.
  • danceincloudsdanceinclouds Member Posts: 3
    Could you please tell me the price you got? I am looking for a new 328i conv now. Please email me to: jiahan_us@yahoo.com

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
  • danceincloudsdanceinclouds Member Posts: 3
    Could you please give me your dealer information? I live close to OC, and I am working hard to find a good deal for the same car now. Please email me to jiahan_us@yahoo.com.

THANKS A LOT!!!!
  • rick11rick11 Member Posts: 8
    I'm thinking of placing an order for European Delivery.

(1) Can anyone tell me where I can get the invoice price (or where to look) for the 2010?
    (2) Any info on how to negotiate differently than if I were buying a car not for ED?

(3) Does anyone have the invoice info for the 20009?

Any help much appreciated! Thank you.
  • tt09tt09 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 328i or 328xi in the central NJ area, what is a good price for a 36 month, 15K mile lease?
  • samuel70samuel70 Member Posts: 17
    Exterior: Black Sapphire Metallic
    Interior: Black Leatherette
    Trim: Dark Burl Walnut
    Transmission: STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
    17" wheels w/all season tires (style 285)
    Power Front Seats w/ Driver Memory
    Heated front seats
    BMW Assist w/Bluetooth System
    iPod/USB Adapter
    Just got a quote with $1950 down...waive security deposit....36 Mos, 12K yr $498/per month, includes CT Sales Tax
  • ultimate1ultimate1 Member Posts: 3
    2008 335i w/6k miles for $34K
    premium
    cold weather
    ipod
    comfort
    metallic paint

Hope this helps.
    I bought 2008 335i coupe with under 6k miles for 34K.

Included:
    premium
    cold weather
    comfort
    ipod

Seemed like a good deal...
  • valuebuyer1valuebuyer1 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Ultimate 1-
    what neck of the woods did you buy in? And what was the original asking price?
  • shwang17shwang17 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for a 328i sedan in space age gray with automatic transmission w/o any of the extra options.

Our current offer is $35,900 out the door (including the taxes, registration, and license). We live in California (tax 9.25%)

Am assuming an invoice price of
    Wondering if this is a decent offer?
  • kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    2006 330xi
    Premium
    Cold
    Auto

Coming off 36 month lease. About 25k miles. Dealer will certify car and include 2 additional years warranty and maintenance, on top of the 4th year factory (so basically 3 more years). Quoted 26k to buy, 0.9% financing.

Good deal?
    tt09, now is the time to act, dealer just emailed me indicated if I sign the deal before 6/30 they will reduce payment to $470/month....on the config I posted
    DC area. Original price was 35K.
  • phheitlingerphheitlinger Member Posts: 1
    What is the fair actual dollar net on a 2009 328i Convertable with the following options.
    Premium, Sport, Metallic paint, Ipod, Sirius Sat Radi, Nav, Automatic. I come up with a dealer cost of 49075 which includes,Destination and a net 1K incentive for the end of the quarter.

HELP! I can't stand to leave money on the table.
    Kad123, on your lease documents, the purchase price at lease end was determined when you first took the car. Are you saying the dealer is offering a better price than what's on the doc? BMW will certify all cars bought off the lease and offer the additional 2 years maintenance and warranty.
  • ca_boyca_boy Member Posts: 3
    Could you also email me the offer and which dealership in OC did you go? BTW, are you talking about $800 below invoice for everything (including tax) or w/o tax?
  • giredgired Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your response. I finally got an upgraded car which adds CA, Nav, Premium Audio, PDC and anti-theft for 1200 below invoice.

-GV
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    335i, jet black/saddle brown, premium, sport, nav, steptronic auto trans, sport wheel w paddles, anti theft, comfort access, heated front seats, satellite w 1 yr, HD radio, ipod & usb:

MSRP: $51,845
    SALES PRICE: $46,500
    That's 10.3% off MSRP

Not a lease, outright purchase price includes everything but TT&L, can also use 1.9% simple interest financing.

DEAL OR NO DEAL??
  • carletonguycarletonguy Member Posts: 5
    what was the invoice on the vehicle?
    Invoice was $47,705 - so that's $1,205 behind invoice. Car is on the water (in transit from Germany) as we speak.

Throwing in floor mats, and it drives out with a complete detail (3 coats of wax) and full tank of gas. What do you think. Deal or no deal?

335i, jet black/saddle brown, premium, sport, nav, steptronic auto trans, sport wheel w paddles, anti theft, comfort access, heated front seats, satellite w 1 yr, HD radio, ipod & usb:

That's 10.3% off MSRP

Not a lease, outright purchase price includes everything but TT&L, can also use 1.9% simple interest financing.

DEAL OR NO DEAL??
  • valuebuyer1valuebuyer1 Member Posts: 9
    Please advice as to what best possible price the following should be purchased at:
    2006 330 ci
    sport
    cold weather pkg
    leather
    harmon kardon
    20,200 miles
    Dealer asking 33,600
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Sounds like a great deal except the car is an Automatic ;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Dealer said Jet Black (non metallic) was BMW's softest paint and advised against it, said the metallic black was better all around. Mentioned that jet black gets swirls easier. I noticed the Black Sapphire Metallic looks slightly grey when you get up close. What do you guys think, is Jet Black still a good paint or is it a second class paint that might hurt re-sale value?
    Rick,

Just look on edmunds under new cars and you can build your car and it prices MSRP and invoice along with what others are paying. As a general rule w BMW on average the invoice is around 7.5% behind MSRP. I think a good deal is around 10% behind MSRP which obviously puts the car selling price back of invoice. Hope this helps.

INVOICE: $47,705
    That's 10.3% off MSRP and $1,205 behind invoice.

Car is on the water (in transit from Germany) as we speak. Throwing in floor mats, and it drives out with a complete detail (3 coats of wax) and full tank of gas. What do you guys think? Better deal as 09's go out & 10's come in (date?)? Still unsure about Jet Black vs Black Sapphire Metallic. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • hobokennjhobokennj Member Posts: 2
    Was recently offered the following deal and wanted to get some feedback on whether it was a good deal given the marketplace:

2009 BMW 328xi Sedan
    Steptronic
    Prem. Pkg.
    Navigation System/HD Radio
    Heated Front Seats
    MSRP: $43750.00
    Price: $38085.00 (incl $1,000 lease cash and $1,860 x-drive credit)

MONEY FACTOR - .00225
    RESIDUAL - 60%

Monthly Payment: $473.50

Inception Fees:
    1st Month - $473.50
    Doc. Fee - $269.00
    Ref. Sec. Dep. - $500.00
    Bank Fee - $725.00
    NJ Mtr. Veh. - $269.80
    NJ Tire Tax - $6.00
    NJ Tax - $1313.98

Would appreciate any thoughts. Any room on total cost above or any inception fees above that are negotiable (i.e., doc fees or bank fee?)

Thanks!
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    That looks like a great deal. No cap cost which is good. With the tech package and the nav for 473 month. Excellent based on the cost of that car.

Rob
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Can you say what dealer gave you this price? Its super sharp.

Rob
    Sounds like yours is a great deal , I just signed a lease for the same car minus the Premium package, but got the 17" wheels for $465/mos/ 12K year for 36 mos. I got the Security deposit waived. Just ask the dealer to waive...I am a returning Leasee, but in all the years I have leased cars, I have asked for the waiver and received it, from Acura, BWM, Volvo, and Nissan...
  • hobokennjhobokennj Member Posts: 2
    Paul Miller Dealership of NJ
  • r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    I searched for several BMW forum sites (Bimmerxxxxxx, BMWxxxxxx, etc).
    Which discussion board(s) do people usually go to?

Thanks.

Ken
  • pdude1pdude1 Member Posts: 47
    I'm not an expert on paint, however from a pure look I like the jet black and that's what I got over the saphire. I think when it's cleaned it looks so much better. I'm sure the saphire looks better when it's a little dirty, but it's pretty classic and great looking on the bmw.
  • rjg001rjg001 Member Posts: 8
    I'm probably going to buy a 335i coupe with 6 speed manual. I'll get rear wheel drive - no x-drive.

What should I be targeting? I see people talking about getting under invoice, but is that with the credit for x-drive or steptronic? I'm going to buy to take advantage of the 1.9% unless I find out that July lease rates are really good. And I'll have to order the car to get what I want.

I had thought $500 over invoice was what people were approaching in general. Is there something I don't know about?
  • r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    I am looking at some 2007 335xi. I expected an anti-theft alarm system should be standard in these days. However, I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. I found a basic $300+ alarm under the accessories section on the BMW website. Is it a joke?
    They will likely take the transmission money off of MSRP and just work you down from there.

I knew there was transmission money, etc, but it didn't really matter since I had him down to $46,395 to match another dealer, but he said the car he was competing against didn't have the alarm system which was an additional $400, so I told him $46,500 and that was my final offer. Deal got done.

I was told they needed $1,000 down as hold money to get the car and it could be fully refundable or applied to the deal at close. I didn't sign anything official, just a couple of dealer worksheet/scratch type papers of which he said were insignificant and I received no copies of (I should have known better). He said we will sign and close once the car arrives and is made ready. They had to trade for the car and it doesn't hit port until the 10th. Technically I could still get out and probably get the $1,000 back as well, but I think I'll be picking this car up. I feel like $46,500 on a $51,845 car is a better than average price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

INVOICE: $47,705
    That's 10.3% off MSRP and $1,205 behind invoice.

Car is on the water (in transit from Germany) as we speak. Throwing in floor mats, and it drives out with a complete detail (3 coats of wax) and full tank of gas. What do you think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Alarms have never been standard on a 3-series.. Still aren't... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    I recently ordered a new 2009 BMW 335xi. I was locked into the June rates which have changed for July. My money factor is lower and already had to haggle numerous times with the dealer over the first payment that they gave me so are looking for some help here.
    The first payment they have given me was without the $1000 rebate since my car would not be here until mid August and it's back so I'm unsure how it's applied.

36,000 mile lease
    MSRP 55,820
    Residual 59%
    MF = .00165
    Sales price $52,995
    Sales tax 9% (PA)
    Rebate $1000.00
    The payment I came up with is $709.80

Can someone help???
    Thanks
    Don't know much about a lease except you always have a car payment and Dave Ramsey calls them a "Fleece".

Kidding aside, my opinion is the dealer's love leases for a reason, $$$$$. If you think about it, you can buy the car at the lowest possible cash price (historic buyers market), finance the thing for next to nothing with no money at closing, and later on if you choose sell it on the open market in 36 months or so without worrying about all the miles and factors, and other minusha that always favors the dealers. Basically your doing what their doing on the back end - they call it pre-owned, you call it 1 owner with perfect documentation. What could be better?
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    I hear what you're saying. Perhaps I'll see what the payment would be buying the car. I have two weeks to decide. I had searched the money factor then called another dealer who was kind enough to let me know it's actually .00145. I worked the payment and clarified with the other dealer that the payment should be $711.36 which is $70.00 less than when I originally ordered the car. I called my dealer he agreed to the new payment not to lose me as a customer.
    Thanks for you're help!!
  • stdrstdr Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am planning to buy a used 1 owner clean carfax 335i 8k miles, metallic gray with black Dakota/Sport/Premium/IpodUSB/Nav/Parking sensors/Cold weather/logic7 for 39000. Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • dalntgeniusdalntgenius Member Posts: 11
    I was looking to custom order a 328i with all of the options/colors I wanted and the dealer only offered me $2k off of MSRP. I've never tried to negotiate over a car that has not been built yet. Any feedback on how to negotiate in a situation like this? What should my expectations be for how much they would move?
    Thanks
    They will sell the car at 10% behind MSRP, but it would likely involve them looking at available (already out there somewhere) cars that they could trade for. I'm speaking from experience, on July 2nd I let them authorize my credit card for $1,000 to get a 335i hard loaded that was on the water (on it's way over from Germany) for $46,500 on a $51,845 MSRP car. That's 10.3% off MSRP. You gotta print out the exact car w every option you want at BMWUSA.COM and take it in and tell them find me the car and I'll pay $XXXXX. Be ready to walk to another dealership. I guarantee they will be calling back. They can still make a little money at 10% off MSRP. They probably won't order the car from the factory for you, but you never know. Good luck. Look at my previous posts on my deal. FYI....we backed out (got cold feet) and they never charged our credit card for the $1,000 - they were very, very nice about everything. I felt bad, but we decided we just didn't want to roll $50K drive out into a car. Atleast not yet anyway. Looking at a loaded V6 Accord Sedan w NAV for around $26,000 on a $31,615 MSRP. Sleeping better at night, but my Beemer days are still ahead!! Good luck to you and let me know if you need the dealer/contact I dealt with. Dave
  • usc1usc1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi--

In market for 2009 335i sedan with premium sound
    and black color

Best lease offer with a msrp of 50,700
    is 699/mo 3yr lease 10k miles/yr
    with $2650 drive off

any thoughts greatly appreciated

Robert1@alumni.usc.edu
  • paribestparibest Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a BMW 328i sedan and got the lowest Internet quote of around $37,400 (+taxes, DMV fees). this is lowest than the TPV ($39,869) on edmunds.com and the price on carsdirect.com.

2009 BMW 328i
    Color: Space Gray
    Automatic transmission, premium package
    Interior color: Biege dakota leather
    navigation system
    ipod and usb adapter

This is for purchase and includes a $1000 rebate from BMW.

I was offered a price of around $37,400 (+ca tax, dmv fees). Is this a reasonable deal? I am totally confused please help.
  • ca_boyca_boy Member Posts: 3
    7/10/2009 bought 328i coupe
    Jet black exterior
    leather black interior
    premium package
    sport package
    automatic transmission
    ipod & USB adaptor
    MSRP $43750
    Out of door (includes document fee and 9.25% sale tax in CA)
    $42795
    pay $4000 for down payment. The rest of memory take 1.9% loan.

How do you think about the deal? I search for a month and this is the best price in my area within 50 miles.