Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bluguysbluguys Member Posts: 19
    and it is not a DEMO car?
  • nymininymini Member Posts: 10
    Nope, brand new with 6 miles only
  • portmanportman Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at two 2010 528ix's - both were dealer service loaners. Both about 24K miles, in service dates of Aug 09 and Dec 09 respectively. One is platinum gray / gray interior, the other jet black/black. Both very clean. Both offered at 38,900, neither is certified. I am thinking of having the one I choose certified to get the extra warranty and inspection. Likely I will get that included in the price. Is this a good price? Any comments on reliability / service? I have an older A6 now (99) that has been pretty good, but man when something does break it is expensive!
  • xpress88xpress88 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the NY area. Can you share which dealership this was?
  • wiredguynycwiredguynyc Member Posts: 1
    Exterior: Dark Graphite Metallic
    Interior: Oyster/Black Dakota Leather
    Trim: Anthracite Wood Trim
    Steptronic Automatic Trans
    Cold Weather
    Premium I & II
    Rear-view camera
    Heated front seats
    Park Distance Control
    Nav system
    Sirius w/ 1 year
    iPod and USB adapter

MSRP as config'ed: 61,175
    Sale Price: 54,995

Also a couple of questions for those in the know, how does the BMW loyalty program work? I currently drive a 2003 530i, does this have to do with where I originally purchased the vehicle?

It feels like a good deal, but I'm looking towards the buying wisdom of this forum for advice!

Thanks!
  • bcoastlbcoastl Member Posts: 1
    All -

Great forum that has helped me negotiate a good price on the car. I had a question regarding the Loyalty credit. I have what I believe is a pretty good price for a 2011 535i - dealership is in the Washington DC Metro area. However, I'm being told that I cannot get the $1000 loyalty credit because I am getting 3.9% financing via BMW Financial Services as that rate is supposedly a loyalty APR. From reading the incentives/rebates on this site, it appears that the financing at 3.9% isn't a loyalty APR, but just an incentive APR. Can someone clarify? Appreciate the help/advice!!
    Dealers are in the Chicago area.
  • keninandoverkeninandover Member Posts: 1
    Curious what others may have said, I got a price of $52,204 on a 2011 535xi w/
    COLD WEATHER PKG (ZCW)
    FRONT & REAR PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (508)
    HARD DRIVE-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM (609)
    HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
    IPOD & USB ADAPTER (6FL)
    PREMIUM PKG (ZPP)
    REAR-VIEW CAMERA (3AG)
    SPLIT FOLD-DOWN REAR SEAT (465)
    8-SPEED SPORT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (2TB)

$1,730 Option Credit (Requires Navigation Pkg, Exp: 10/31/2011)
  • jitenajitena Member Posts: 1
    535xi, following features, price $53700 (MSRP 59700)

1. Imperial Blue Metallic
    2. Gray Dakota Leather
    3. Cold Weather package
    4. Premium Package
    5. Nav System
    6. Voice Command
    7. IPOD USB Adapter
    8. BMW Apps
    9. Split fold down rear seat
    10 Dark Wood trim.

also what is Nav Credit? Is it still available?

Thanks for any help.
  • lacrslacrs Member Posts: 1
    Just had 550i delivered last week and got reasonable deal with residual support from BMW for existing 2011 inventory.

2011 550i
    Graphite/Oyster
    M package
    Prem 2
    Sport Auto
    BMW Apps

$71125 Sticker, neg. sale price $66744
    12 K miles, 36 mos. residual .61 and money factor .00155 with loyalty
    $2173 total drive off and payment $801/mo. before CA sales tax

Love this car so far. Turned in 08 M3 conv. and this car might be just as fast and handles great with the Sport + setting, then great comfort and luxury in normal mode. This model 550i is nearly the same size as my old 2006 750i but much better drive.

Drove the 535i and really liked it too and great engine, but with the lease residual support the 550i cost difference was minimal so got the power I really wanted.
  • jayg6jayg6 Member Posts: 15
    I agree that the Acura MXD forum has a lot more chatter and plenty of useful feedback. I bought a MDX last year as well and the forum was very helpful.

I just purchased a 2011 528i a few days ago. Back with Black interior. This is what I got:

MSRP: 48200
    Paid: 42,600 + TTL

The price paid includes a $1000 loyalty discount and $1700 navigation credit. I know that I could have had the dealer shave off another $300-$500 on the final price, but opted to buy at the listed price to avoid the repeated back and forth. This car is pretty basic with the only options being NAVIGATION and USB(iphone connectivity), which are the only features which I really care about. A lot of features like wood trim, moonroof, etc come standard so this is exactly what I wanted.

The dealer informed me that he could give me $7000 off of sticker price if I choose to buy a 535i, since they have a lot more 535i's in stock. The 535xi has an extra $1500 credit, in addition to the loyalty and navigation credits.
  • rezrez Member Posts: 41
    ...I have landed on a 2008 535i. I was burnt by a couple of BMW dealers on CPO's which they sold without the CPO warranty even after advertising them as CPO's. I thought this was deceptive advertising, but through this forum I found out that this happens. Anyway, I ended up buying from an independent dealer.

Alpine White on Light Beige Dakota w/ Dark Poplar

Premium
    Sports
    Navigation
    Cold Weather
    Comfort Access
    Sat Radio
    Ipod & USB

The car was checked by the local BMW dealer and a speaker, some kind og leg and the wiper blades were changed. Warranty ends on September 2012.

I need some advice on Extended warranty. Please suggest where to buy and how much they usually cost.

THANK YOU ALL for everything that you've contributed to me through this forum. ;)
  • kalos12000kalos12000 Member Posts: 6
    can you you let us know when you got the car from? i am interested in getting one. Thank you,
    /K
  • jayg6jayg6 Member Posts: 15
    Sorry for the delay in response. For some reason I did not get notified on your query.

I bought the car from Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo(Bay Area). They had a car identical to what I purchased. However, it no longer shows up in the inventory. You may want to checked if other dealerships have something similar.
  • vhl71vhl71 Member Posts: 9
    Thinking of getting a demo 2011 535i x drive with 13k on it. Dealers demo/courtesy car.
    The warranty started 6 months ago. With exec pkg and other options the MSRP is Canadian 71,800

My clac is if you take the standard 7-8% discount, it comes to around $66k

Considering its got 13K on odometer, I should get another 5-6k off. Thinking of offering 60K

Is this reasonable?
    Hi VHL,

I recently bought a 2010 528ix dealer service loaner at about 11K off sticker (US$) with 23K miles, CPO included in the deal. Pretty basic car, Premium Package and Value Package (no Nav).

I found the Edmunds used car value estimator helpful to set an expected dealer list on the deal. You may also want to find out if the dealer has depreciated the car fully yet, if applicable. If not, that may limit their willingness to discount.

Love it so far. Definitely a sportier feel than the A6 it replaced.

Hope this helps.
  • milner007milner007 Member Posts: 20
    Looking at a 2011 535 with 9 miles on it- PP 1 and 2 and convenience pack- and some other stuff I cant remember- space gray with beige int- sticker is 60, 175- they have bid 52,500 - - is that fair?
  • ccappaccappa Member Posts: 29
    Realistically-what could one expect to pay, vis-a-vis invoice, for a 2012 528i x-drive? Price vs. invoice then minus incentives (Nav credit, "mission to drive" credit, and any other incentives I might not be aware of). I don't qualify for BMW loyalty credit. Any input welcome.

Thank you.
  • tenet1tenet1 Member Posts: 354
    Folks - What kind of discounts are you all getting for 2012 528i. I am looking at one stickered at $54k and wondering what realistic discounts would be. I know there is a nav credit, but are there any other deals being offered? Thanks
  • knarangknarang Member Posts: 4
    I am hearing there are new factory to dealer incentives in December. Anyone know details?
  • lisambalisamba Member Posts: 5
    Alpine white exterior
    Cinnamon brown dakota leather interior
    Cold weather package
    Premium package
    Premium sound package
    Sport package
    Technology package
    Sport automatic transmission
    Soft-close automatic doors (for $600, these doors must be super special!)
    BMW apps
    Total MSRP = $64,325 (incl. $875 destination charge)

MY LEASE = $2,500 total drive-off; $632/month incl. 8.75% sales tax for 36 months and 12,000 miles/year

How'd I do?
  • rayceeraycee Member Posts: 10
    That sounds like an incredibly good deal for a 2012 535i considering their national advertised lease is no where close to this.
    Can you tell me your lease term period and also which dealer and city?
    Thanks for sharing.
  • yookerr2yookerr2 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Could you provide us a little more info as to how you obtained that low lease rate? Im working on a 535i at or around your MSRP figure.

Could you provide what incentives/rebates were to drive down the cap cost? Basically in your lease paperwork what did they sell you the car for after all the factory and dealer gives?

Way too good of a deal.
    Thanks! I wasn't sure it was that great of a price. I leased the car for 36 months from the BMW dealer in Valencia, CA.
    The "final" price was $55,239.87. That included the $1,000 owner loyalty rebate and the $1,700 navigation credit. We also received significant reductions to the money factor related to the timing of the lease and the fact that we turned in another BMW; the lease on that car was scheduled to end on 12/27.

I began the process by soliciting quotes via the Edmunds site. Hope that helps. Good luck!!!
  • kuntaldaftarykuntaldaftary Member Posts: 3
    Considering 2012 535i RWD Sedan with following options:
    - metallic color

Packages:
    - cold weather
    - driver assistance
    - premium
    - luxury seating
    - sport
    - technology

Options:
    - Sport Automatic transmission
    - ARS
    - integral active steering
    - BMW apps
    - heads up display
    - active cruise control
    - night vision
    - side and top view cameras
    - parking assistant

Incentives:
    - 1730 navi credit (not interested or qualified for any other incentives)

MSRP 78925$ (including dest charge, excluding navi credit)
    Invoice 72455$ (including dest charge, excluding navi credit)

What would be a good price for this vehicle including navi credit ?
  • lovemyearthlovemyearth Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to this forum I got a good idea for the baseline price.

2 weeks ago bought a 2011 528i from Sonnen BMW in San Raphael for 43,700 + TTL. Following are the options:

Navigation
    Oyster black color
    Black interior wooden trim
    Dacota Leather
    Premium package
    Heated front seats
    BMW apps
    Ipod/Iphone integration

This is the first non-Japanese car that i am driving and just loving this BMW.

regards,
    Girish.
  • iluvedmundsiluvedmunds Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me what's the msrp on your car so that I can have an idea how much I can bargain for below msrp. Thanks.
  • rogerm888rogerm888 Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 6 month old used 2011 535i Dark Graphite Metallic with under 2K miles for 49K in CA. Hopefully I got a good deal.
    MSRP 59K
    Premium Package
    Premium Package 2
    Rear View Camera
    Rear sunshades
    Heated Seats
    IPOD/USB
    Real Time Traffic
    Navigation Command
    Voice Command
    Satellite Radio

Premium hi-fi system
    Steptronic automatic transmission
    Dark wood trim
  • texasnolatexasnola Member Posts: 1
    Lisamba,
    I am trying to mimic that deal with a dealer in Texas and he is telling there is now way to get to that price. Any help?
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    A dealer in Chicago has a Demo 535Xi with 3500 miles. They are willing to sell it for 46. MSRP was 57. I'm don't know all of the options...but definitely no NAV. What do you think?
  • bruno1985bruno1985 Member Posts: 11
    quik question how much was the car and how much down did you put and how much are your monthly payments? i am trying to leased a 535i 12k miles per year with a m sport pacgage 63k msrp , please tell me about yours so i can have an idea of a good deal

thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Folks - I am looking at a 2012 BMW 528i with Tech, Premium, Comfort Access, Sat radio and heated seats. MSRP $54k, getting $46.5k

Is this a fair deal?

Thanks
  • bobdebobde Member Posts: 6
    2011 535i with 20K miles factory warranty and Full Maintenance Program to 8/2/2014 or to 50,000 miles, asking $41K. Dealer won't go down in the price, any thoughts?

- Convenience package
    - Cold Weather
    - Premium Packages
    - Navigation

Your feedback is much appreciated.
    That seems like a good price for a 535. I was negotiating on a 528 with 11k miles and the best i got was $42k and that was an agressive deal. Then i learned that the back seat had a burn in the leather that was repaired, so I backed out. if the car is in good condition, then I think its good price
  • murali12murali12 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - Can you let me know which dealership is offering this deal and what state?
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    Sounds good to me. I was offered 48.9K for almost the same car but w/o comfort access and premium. Although it had the dakota leather seats. My MSRP was 55K. Where is your dealer?
    Hi - Which state/dealership? I am looking at a BMW 528i - metallic black/oyster inerior - tech/premium package/split fold seats/bmw apps, stickered at 52,900, dealer is offering for 47.6. including dest charge. Is this a good deal?
    Lookign at a 2012 BMW 528i - Technology/Premium package, split fold seats/BMW apps, sticker price is 52,950. Dealer if offering 47.6 including destination. Color is metallic black/oyster dakota interior. Please let me know if this is a good deal. This is $1000 over invoice. I asked him for invoice price and they are not giving.
  • amy9amy9 Member Posts: 13
    I am getting ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a 2012 BMW 535 xDrive and I am having difficulty finding rebates and incentives. I will be purchasing the car...not leasing.

Any info is greatly appreciated, as I hope to seal the deal before 2012!

Thanks!
  • rogerm888rogerm888 Member Posts: 2
    I think it is similar to the deal I got. However no nav is a no go for me
    murali - the dealer is in MD, and I think I got a very good deal because of the race to the finish competition with Mercedes. The deal really only came up the last week of the year, and I had to close by the 31st to log the sale in 2011. I was out of town and had to do the whole deal over the phone/fax. Got the car yesterday, really happy with my choice
  • rodb2rodb2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, i need to decide and pul lthe trigger:
    Premium1, 2
    Sport Package
    BMW Aps
    Heated Seats
    Sport Transmission

Is this good deal? 53K before taxes/license.
  • phylpphylp Member Posts: 49
    rodb2:

The options you state, at the price you quote, sound great to me. The Premium packages, plus Sport approaches "M" re: the drive and feel. This is the exact kind of deal I would want myself, but I will keep on driving my '08 535i because I am just so satisfied with the car.

I am a big believer in buying cars at the end of the month. If you let the deal lay until then, you might come out better -- in my experience.

Congrats on getting to where you are on an awesome ride.

phylp
    phylp, thanks for the answer. turns out that the dealer was goingto bring this car in from another dealership. The other dealership ended up seeling it.
    So, i missed the deal, but i will stay in the lookout as that is really what i am looking for.
  • bruno1985bruno1985 Member Posts: 11
    I finally got my new car 535i 2012 M sport package, nav, bmw apps, convinience package, comfort package , 63,700 msrp , i putted $4500 down , 12k miles per year , payment came out at $765 including tax. The credit was not too good 610 fico,
    I would like to know if you guys think i ve gotten a good deal?????????
  • moss11moss11 Member Posts: 1
    Bruno, where did you get this deal?
  • benzpassionbenzpassion Member Posts: 8
    Could I please get the current 15k buy rate money factor and residual for a 2012 550i xDrive and 535i xDrive Rates.

Thanks.
    new, but build date 09/2010
    Manual, M sport, Prem1, Prem1, Cold Package, Drivers Assist Package,convenience, HUD
    Silver with black interior

For 55K (MSRP is 70K).

Has been sitting at dealer for 12 months or so, only 120 miles. Any reservations? What should i ask of dealer?