Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Super Duper Duty Y2K

dave40dave40 Member Posts: 582
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Its coming sooner then you think ? Rumors are
flying about Chevys New Heavy duty pickup for Y2k !
The most powerful pickup in the Galaxy ! Stay
tuned for details

Comments

• dave40dave40 Member Posts: 582
    700 hp big Block
  • stanfordstanford Member Posts: 606
    Has there been a Chevy press release about this? If so, what's the URL?
    Oh, and the 502 crate in non-emmissions format typically only puts out 500-550 HP. What makes you think that a truck-tuned version will put out more than the drag-race version? I'd bet 375hp, 500-525lb.ft if they went with it in a production situation.
    Ford SD had their day ,but this new GM HD is going to change the game BIG TIME !
    CHEVY 1TON SUPER DUPER DUTY POWER TO THE ROCK !
  • tnt2tnt2 Member Posts: 115
    The 502 will never see anything near 700hp in a truck. My uncle has a 502 in a boat. Blown, ported, polished, you name it has it. His figures are 985hp, dyno. He can burn 50 gallons of gas in 20 minutes. You need fuel to make HP. At 700hp in a truck you could figure it as mile per gallonS.
    Dave40: Do you have a source for this information? Any source at all?
    TOP SECRET !
    Figures.
    Rumor has it US ARMY is working with GM on this NEW SUPER DUPER DUTY 1 TON GM
    GIANT ! UNITED STATES
    TRUCK FORCE
    NEEDS
    A
    FEW
    GOOD TRUCKS
    THE NEW GM SUPER DUPER DUTY
  • tnt2tnt2 Member Posts: 115
    Is this rumor coming out of the Oval Office?
    PENTAGON
  • dodgeramdodgeram Member Posts: 202
    DAve40 looks like your blowing alot of smoke.

Gm superduty won't even come close to what dodges new superduty will be capaable of doing.

Do you really think GM has the guts to produce what your think your talking about, get real!

Gm superduty trucks I doubt will show up for year 2000. They say that the izuzu diesel aren't even in production yet.

If it were coming next year, it would have debut at detroit autoshow, and it didn't.

So I'll let you get back to your dream, (sweet dreams).
  • dodgeramdodgeram Member Posts: 202
    Dave40,

YOu say the info coming from the pentagon.
    Right now there not much creditbility from that place.
    Your about good as a liar as Clinton is!
    THE GM SUPER DUPER DUTY
    The most powerful truck in the WORLD!
  • etuffly2etuffly2 Member Posts: 29
    dave40 is very entertaining but full of ca-ca. I think he is a SUPER DUPER BSer.
  • moe7moe7 Member Posts: 24
    SUPER DUPER DUTY HAHAHAHAHAHA The name is very entertaining but It just sounds like Dave40 really likes the new Ford super duty enough to use it in his fantasy! What he should do is buy a Ford super duty and begin life with a-new!! Boy oh boy.

moe7
    Thanks amigo
  • etuffly2etuffly2 Member Posts: 29
    I'm with you Dave40 - I like Chevys too. Those Fords have the aerodynamics and styling of a shoe box - and an ugly shoe box at that.
    GM's new 2001 1-Ton will have a 495ci New Generation big-block engine!
    Starting to dream about my New 2001 Super Duper Chevy with the 495cui big-block .
    Anybody here any more news on this New generation of heavy-duty pick ups? Or could it be coming sooner?
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    I saw an artist rendering of it. Cool! Looks a bit like Cadillac Escalade in the front end/grill treatment.
  • kubeskubes Member Posts: 23
    I think Dave40 is a Chevy dealer blowing smoke.

He just wants to make sure you dont go buy a new Ford.

Dave I would like to see GM come out with this new truck but dont blow smoke without facts. And I'm a GMC fan but this is getting old.

GMC is making me go buy a Ford unless somebody except Dave40 can tell me something different.
  • lt1lt1 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Kubes:

Me too...Been a chevy man long time but lookin to Ford F150 for the 2000 model year. What have you heard or seen on the new Silverado.

Lou
  • kubeskubes Member Posts: 23
    Hey Lue:

No info yet but I'm looking realy hard - if you hear anything let me know.

I posted a new topic #651 called Y2K GMC trucks keep an eye out on it - maybe we can get an answer.
    I heard rumors about 2001
    for the New Heavy Duty-fall
    2000. 6.6 direct induction
    diesel and a New
    Generation Big-Block 495
    cubic in. Theres some
    pictures at
    www.trucktrend.com
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Considering GM has already announced the MY2000 start up dates for the heavy duty C/K trucks, fall of 2000 looks correct. That means GM will be selling a 1988 truck against Dodge's 1994 and Ford's 1999 in the heavy duty classes. The Ford Super Duty F-series has increased from 25% to 40% of all F-series sales, and Dodge can't keep a Cummins in stock. If GM can get the new HD trucks to market even 6 months sooner, they might have a shot.
This discussion has been closed.