Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sorento Maintenance and Repair

1373839404143»

Comments

• xstanzaxstanza Member Posts: 1
    hello, I have a '06 2WD KIA Sorento with very same vibration problem I was wondering if it was ever solved and how?
  • erniefd1erniefd1 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your suggestion, I will have the dealer try this.
  • 19apup7619apup76 Member Posts: 1
    2004 Kia Sorento , My rear axle rusted through and broke at 60,000 miles.
    DO NOT BUY KIA
  • rockmobilerockmobile Member Posts: 115
    Have been reading the discussions about Kias problems but have not seen any complaints past the year 2012. Wonder if that makes it safe to plunk your money in a Sorento. Consumer Reports has given good reviews on Sorento and I'm looking to test drive one. Any advise?
  • scottc3scottc3 Member Posts: 137
    I have no advise but I'm in the same situation - Kia SX, out the door, $45k+ - got the price yesterday. Now, I can't see myself plunking down 45K on a KIA when I can get a Honda Pilot or the new Toyota Highlander 2017 for the same or a bit more. Can I risk the KIA - bottom line, no. If the price was $35K I'd perhaps take it, but for $45K - that's a bit of money - I won't spend that not knowing the longevity potential issues with the KIA. I've test driven 2x now and it's a nice car, but I just can't spend $45K on the car. Just my 2 cents.