Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox

Comments

• cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Because like your message all I'm doing is clicking on links with no substance and scrolling thru more stuff for no use other than to wear out my mouse.

Guess I'm out of here.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    May as well as all that happens is our host deletes comments about you know who and lets his rants and raves stay. :shades:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    At least those gripe comments are about the car. :P

Per the member agreement, we welcome all points of view on automotive matters. Gripe posts are part of the territory and you can find them posted about every make and model on the site.

A few disgruntled customers hasn't affected sales. GM is adding shifts and building more of them in Ontario. cdh.net
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    I didn't know that car Manufacturers still did that: Tell you the build date of the car on "order". The old adage in the "good old" day was Never, Never, get a car that was built on a Monday or Friday...On those days, most of the regular workers would call in -"sick" [used to be a solid 10-15% issue], so guys that would fasten the side panels would be fasteneing the bumpers for instance. You know what the American Product became in the 70s and onward right??? Maybe now that cars are assembled all over the world, GM cars I gues mostly in Mexico, much of the work is done by Robots...Thank You Mr. Toyota and Mr. Honda. Robots don't Call In Sick.... Good Luck with your new Chevy Nox. I had many GM cars over the course of 40 years of driving (including my Dad) - last one was a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix. Sadly, that car was a POS; engine oil leaks, body rattles galore, etc. etc....It's gonna take a lot more to get me back !!
  • tazzitazzi Member Posts: 23
    Well....some sites have this nice little ignore feature...Maybe Edmunds might look at adding that here?

Back to the Nox though. I'm really not sure what GM is thinking by ramping up production. I'm glad they are but I don't think the sales volume is going to hold without C4C. But, if they become overstocked, I'll get a better deal on mine :P
    My guess is they are ramping up production to mean that like all new models they start at a very low volume in order for the employees to learn their job, find things they didn't see hand building them etc. and are now trying to get production up to what the line speed should be per hour.
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    Here in Dallas, I can tell you that if there was an Equinox sitting on the dealers lot, it had a sale pending. I visited about 5 dealers on the north side and couldn't find any. The C4C deal helped but the demand was already there. Ramping up production will allow inventory and selection which hasn't been available since they rolled out at the end of July.
  • tazzitazzi Member Posts: 23
    Oh I agree they need more immediate inventory but they are talking about increasing their builds by 33% in September and another 20% by the end of the year, adding overtime etc. That's the part I'm not sure I agree with.

I'm concerned they are going to end up with a lot of inventory on the lots. I think they are producing 500+ Nox's a day now. The increase brings them up to around 700 a day. Long term, I'm not sure the market will hold to sell that many. That's good for me because it means I will get a better deal but bad for Chevy/GM.

Here in Northern California it's almost impossible to find one and when you do they are already sold as well but a lot of that had to do with C4C. I hope the demand keeps up because it's good for Chevy, I'm just not a believer yet :P
  • stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    homelink or now Chevy calls it Universal Home Remote .. a/k/a garage door opener... can't seem to find it listed on any of the sites including Chevy's home site... it is available on other models like the Traverse but only in LT2 trim or better...

the three dealers I spoke to don't know... hard to believe... but then again not many new '10 Equinox's are available in this area
  • equinoxedequinoxed Member Posts: 2
    Is there any way I can find out when my 2010 EQ is being built this week? :shades:
  • runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    Stop looking, Home link is no longer an option / standard equip. Same as the opening window in the tailgate. It's fixed in place.
  • charla1charla1 Member Posts: 10
    Here it is October and there still isn't any inventory at the dealeships. I live in MD, between Baltimore and Wash., D.C., and have checked with 5 dealerships. If there is one on the lot, it is already sold; and the ones being shipped are those which were placed on order. Our build date is scheduled for next week.
    I've noticed more and more cars no longer come with homelink nor is it an option. The reason being as I was told is as more and more people replace/buy garage openers they are getting ones with the rolling codes and they are hard to program and in some cases unable to be programed relieablely. They may work for a week, month, or less but they just seem to lose their memory sooner or later and need to be reprogramed again and again. Plus gagage door opener remotes continue to get smaller and smaller with key chain ones being quite nice too.
    My wife just got a Volkswagen CC. The homelink works on the garage opener I installed 15 years ago. It doesn't work on the Sears opener I replaced last fall. It just happens her side of the garage has the new opener and she can't use it. (There are reasons she can't use my side.) I am nuts to consider switching the power units so her homelink works?
  • geohovgeohov Member Posts: 23
    dmathews,
    I think you have the right reasoning for no home link in the nox. I'll just buy a little mini remote an velcro it somewhere.
    You have rolling codes in the new opener which requires extra steps to work. Go to the homelink site and it allows you to plug in your car and the brand of opener and then will give you step by step instructions. What is in most peoples owners manuals leave out the last 2 steps as they can be a little different on every opener.
  • meandmymaxxmeandmymaxx Member Posts: 134
    I noticed that on the 09 nox. Bluetooth connection was possible through the factory stereo. Does anyone know if I change the stereo in my 08 to one in from an 09 will it work? or do I need other components in the car? Thanks
    Thanks dm, went to the Homelink website and found the "extra" instruction that got Homelink to work on the CC.
  • s60leasers60leaser Member Posts: 61
    We bought a 2007 Equinox with lots of add'l features-including the Nav system, but the software is missing-My son purchased one on EBay-it was blank...So there goes $50 and still cant use the Nav system.Any ideas where to purchase? Dealer says he doesnt have any.
    THANKS in Advance! :confuse: :confuse:
  • jackidjackid Member Posts: 1
    I just got off the phone with Chevrolet's Customer service Center. My advice to anyone looking at the 2010 Equinox.... Stay away from it. First of all the reason you aren't seeing them is because Chevy has a quota to how many a dealership gets each month so they are sold before they get to the lot. It also means you don't have a chance to find out to much about them until it is to late to do anything about it. I ordered mine during the cash for clunkers and due to the quota, my car was not ordered until 3 weeks after I thought. It was not built until the day after the program ended resulting in no rebate. Now I find the car has holes in the bottom to door frame which allows mud to come up onto the inside of the door so when you open the door there is mud all over the door which you hit with your leg. When you wash the car because the hole is underneath, water does not get the inside of the door clean. Chevy's reaction was basically, "oh really, sorry to hear about it." Basically I spend $35,000.00 for a vehicle that lets mud in and will end up rusting out unless you wash the inside of the car door every time you go through the car wash. That is just the start of the problems with this car and Chevy is not willing to back them at all. If you know of any other blogs like this where I can worn people let me know. I again urge you to look some place else until they get all the flaws out of this mess. Oh if you end up with one anyway... Don't trust the MPG data. Keep the records yourself and you will be surprised. It doesn't work either. Somehow they come up with more MPG then you actually get. Imagine that. I wish someone had warned me about this car.
  • rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    That's interesting about the holes in the door frame, could you post some pictures of them? I'd like to see if mine has them too, but I'm not really sure where to look.

If the dealer accepted your clunker and took possession of it when you ordered your new Nox, your paperwork should indicate that and the dealer will have to honor the agreement.

Yes, the computer is a little optimistic on mine too; by a couple of mpg.

Since this is the Chevy Equinox thread as opposed to the 2010 Equinox thread, many 2010 owners will probably not see your post.
  • firefly8firefly8 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry to hear about the troubles with your new Nox but isn't that the reason for the
    60 day return policy. Is their a reason that you did not return it.
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    Well obviously the computer is not accurate, that's a given. The only way to measure for sure is to do it yourself.

As for the "holes", I would like to see these. What did the dealer say? I have never heard of this?

As for the clunker deal, you missing it is not Chevy's fault. You take your chances when you order a car.
  • js208js208 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 LTZ (and had a 2007 LT with the same problem). My dash and audio lights are sometimes lit and sometimes not. How do I ensure they're always lit?

I've tried adjusting the interior light knob, but that has no effect.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    I'm thinking of trading my Equinox LT 2005 next spring for something more economical and not to expensive.
    My first idea was the Pontiac Vibe but Pontiac is history now and by the time I'll be ready the Vibes will probably be all sold out from the dealers lots.
    So, I thought about a 2010 Toyota Matrix (Vibe's twin) but I never drove nothing else than G.M. products, then I took a look at the 2010 Chevrolet HHR.
    I'm not sure which one would be best ?
    And about the engines Matrix 1.8 L or 2.4?
    HHR 2.2 L or 2.4?
    Sure need some advice.
  • chakal29chakal29 Member Posts: 1
    hi my question is very simple and no one at chevrolet dealers in Montreal Canada can't answer me because they don't have one in stock. The question is what is the length of a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox with the rear door open.

Thank you very much and Happy Holidays
  • bluedadbluedad Member Posts: 9
    Before you go on "bashing" you may want to get the facts straight. I've got a 2010 LT in the garage and the "holes" you complain about do not exist. I just had a big storm here with heavy rain and 60+ mph winds. The entry to my doors is perfectly clean and there are no "holes" in the bottom to door frame or anywhere near there. Also my combined MPG with the 6 cyl is 24.8 with 1000 miles so far.
    It sounded like a far fetched comment. I can't imagine why there would be holes.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Drain holes? Lots of cars have them in the bottom of the doors. They shouldn't let water, much less mud, get inside the car.
    Yes drains - "holes" no.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Where do the drains lead to?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • clebo1clebo1 Member Posts: 78
    Dwar Bluedad,the problem with this vehicle as it ws very well engineering or constructed properly. Chevy has knowned this all along. class action should be filed on all owners out the on our behalf.Let's get started to make GM-Chevy fix these problems. They have buried their heads in the sand long enough.
  • bluedadbluedad Member Posts: 9
    So..... I have one in the garage, there are no "holes". You....someone who makes statements without a shred of proof, or any source to stand by......
    Hmmmmmmm Why would anyone believe a thing you say?
    BTW ever taken a spelling class?
  • starfleetstarfleet Member Posts: 18
    Are the 17" aluminum wheels a higher gloss on the LTZ than the LT or LT1.......It seems to me that if you have the chrome exterior package, a more glossy 17" wheels will look better without having to spend extra for the 18' and 19' wheels.
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    We have an LTZ with 17's and I did not notice a difference between the models. I believe we would have read something in the vehicle itemized options if there was a difference. I actually prefer the LTZ without the chrome package but it wasn't an option.
    My Nox is on order with the 17' wheels. I am wondering if the less glossy wheels will blend well with the extra chrome look on the LTZ. I noticed that 17" wheels are painted and not as shiny as the mechined. I did not noticed this before I ordered the LTZ. I have mechine wheels on my 04 Malibu. Let me know what you think. Thanks :) :confuse: :confuse:
    My wife wants our next car (probably 2010 Equinox) to be "black".
    Did you ever owned a black car?
    If so, how was it?
    If no, would you?
    I answered I believe was your post on another forum but also black looks so rich and when set beside any other color just stands out. Here is some info on what colors sell best by type of vehicle.
    http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-409.html

Besides if wife wants it you better get it or may never hear the end of it. :shades:
    HA HA! dmathews3 I liked the part about "if wife wants it you better get it"
    It's as if you knew my wife.

Now I got to decide between a HHR or Equinox.
    I presently own a 2005 Equinox LT and love the looks of the HHR.

Thanks for both response.
    Case you didn't know it I don't need to know your wife, as most all are the same. I have a 08 HHR and have test driven a couple Equinox's and though my HHR is great unless you are thinking one of the last HHR SS's I'd go with the Equinox in a heart beat if I was buying today. Good luck and enjoy whichever you buy as they are both great vehicles.
    Well...it's done.
    Last night I went and traded-in my 2005 Equinox LT (that was bought new) for a 2010 Chevrolet HHR LT (with the 2.4 L engine).
    My Equinox has been pretty good. Most repairs where done under warranty. The only repair I had to pay for was a "blown head gasket" + the normal maintenance.
    I just hope I'll have the same fun driving the HHR than the Equinox.
    What are the pros and cons between 16" tires versus 17" tires?
    For the most part the 16" tires are going to have larger side walls which means lower air pressure due to the fact they don't have to be so hard that hitting a pothole will damage the wheel. Also less sidewall = more of a risk of the wheel getting damaged.
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    For those of you who bought a recent Equinox, did you also consider the GMC Terrain? What were your reasons for choosing one over the other?
    Personally, I like the exterior styling better; but they both are nice vehicles.
    edited April 2010
    I didn't like it at first but I have to admit the Terrain is growing on me. It looks so much more like a SUV and more rugged even though mechanically it's the same.
  • canuck1319canuck1319 Member Posts: 2
    anyone found a solution for annoying glare from chrome latch on dashboard of 2010 model? (other than just driving on dull days!)
  • meandmymaxxmeandmymaxx Member Posts: 134
    edited June 2010
    Been very happy with the nox for almost 2 yrs now 08 Lt fwd. 51000Km (30,000mi) . took it to the dealer for a possible a/c noise. Got it back "No fault found." Then later today went to start the car at a restaurant. car would not even turn over and dash said "service security system" tried several times even using a 2nd key still no joy. Onstar sent a tow truck, he first tried to jump start it again no luck. Released the hand brake, went to put it in neutral thought I would try 1 more time and it worked.
    Tried 3 more times and started each time. Sent the tow truck on it's way. Went home put something in the back drove for 20 minutes, went to open the hatch and it would not open, no sound nothing, as if it was locked. Manually unlocked and locked 2 time, no joy, key fob lock and unlock, no joy. All other locks working. Pulled it out the side door went home hatch working like a charm again. Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks.
  • jomac95jomac95 Member Posts: 6
    For me I preferred the blue interior lighting over the red. The red was too hard on the eyes for me. I also like the styling of the Equinox over the boxy look of the Terrain.
    Same here, was interested in both but the curves and smoother ride of the Nox won out. My son preferred the Terrain, it looks more like a truck. The Terrain has 18" wheels and those I test drove road a little harder than the Nox on 17s. After hemmin and hawin over the two, I couldn't justify the extra thou for the Terrain on top of the look and ride.

Also, opted for the granite metallic black which I believe they now call Carbon Flash. When washed and shined it looks A One, but you know the story with black. 2nd choice was the mocha metallic. Which ever exterior color, you have to go for the mono black interior. Those two tone interiors they offer now just don't look as nice, especially the brown and black combo.