Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox

1394041424345»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Meandymymaxx,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I would recommend to have a service tech look at your vehicle to see what is going on. You can also contact Canadian Customer Service to speak with an GM agent about your situation. Our Customer Communication Centre hours of operation are:
    Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
    Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
    Closed Sundays

Customer Communication Centre:
    1-800-263-3777 (English)
    1-800-263-7854 (French)
    1-800-263-3830 (TDD users
    If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • thecrow1994thecrow1994 Member Posts: 2
    We chose the 'Nox over the Terrain because my wife and I preferred the body styling of the 'Nox more. The Terrain definitely has a unique body shape, but it just wasn't our cup of tea. I also agree with the ambient blue lighting in the 'Nox being more appealing than the red in the Terrain.
  • thecrow1994thecrow1994 Member Posts: 2
    I've got to disagree with the jet black/brownstone combo not looking as nice. When my wife and I were at our local Chevy dealer, we spotted a Mocha Steel Metallic 'Nox with the jet black/brownstone interior. We knew right then that was the exact combination we wanted. As a result, we should be receiving our LTZ with sunroof and navigation around the end of June. The interior photos on Chevy's official site show how sharp the jet black/brownstone combination looks. I would go with the mono black interior as a second choice.
  • roxanne3roxanne3 Member Posts: 23
    I drove my Nox about 6 months before I experienced this blinding glare. For now, I put masking tape over it. Am thinking of painting it or having it painted for a professional look. I have a friend who owns a body shop who would do it for me. Just haven't gotten around to it. Everything else is so nice on the Equinox, I just can't understand how they could make such a stupid mistake as this. Disappointing. Haven't written a review yet but intend to. Got my 2010 Nox in Oct 2009, and overall am pretty happy with it.
  • bobdbbobdb Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested on a 2011, but I couldn't believe how uncomfortable the middle position is in the rear seat! My back against the folded up arm rest/cupholder was so uncomfortable. Anyone have any comments about this?
  • kisankisan Member Posts: 2
    So sad....here it is June 2011 and it still has the same problem. I am wishing I did not buy the Equinox for just this reason... The rear headrests are downright dangerous with the blind spots they create.... The back seats might as well not even fold down...the extra space is unusable as it's so angled...
  • jcasadajcasada Member Posts: 2
    We recently purchased a brand new 2012 Equinox LS. The minute we drove it home we could smell a burning/hot smell...we assumed it was just because it was brand new. However, after a longer drive one day we brought the car back and it smelled really awful. We checked the oil and it didn't register...we put carboard underneath and oil was pouring out. We took it to our local garage and they had it a week, replacing the rear main seal and galley plugs. So after 1000 miles the engine and transmission had to be taken out to fix this problem. Now a week later, we will be returning back to the shop because it is still leaking. We've spoken with GM about what is happening and they aren't a lot of help. Is anyone having this problem?? Did your garage know how to fix it??
  • pcayennepcayenne Member Posts: 1
    Anybody who owns / owned CHEVROLET EQUINOX 3.4 LT AWD? I need pros / cons ?

All comments are more than wellcome..

Many thanks...

PS: By the way this is my first posting here :)
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    edited September 2012
    Uh, there is no "3.4" Equinox! It's either a 2.4 4 cyl or a 3.6 V-6...take your pick..... :confuse: