Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado-How much did you pay?

eew2eew2 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
How much over invoice are people paying for the
new 1999 Chevy Silverado's??

I'm looking at buying a 1500 extended cab with a
short bed. I want an automatic with the Vortec
4800 and bucket seats.

Does anyone know the availability of these trucks
in the southern New England area?

Has anyone had a positive experience with
Autobytel.com? I can't even get the dealer to take
my phone calls.

Comments

• shoozshooz Member Posts: 27
    The few comments on this board from those that have attempted to use Autobytel.com have not been encouraging.
    I bought a 1500 Xcab LT for about $280 over invoice, but I had to wait from Oct 16 for a Feb 4th delivery. I faxed four competitive dealers asking them for their most competitive bid on a specific vehicle. From what folks here write the largest dealers will have more allocations and are more likely to deliver the goods on time. As inventories build up dealers become more competitive. Restricted vehicles (2500's, LT's) are a little tougher to deal for, but you should have little trouble getting your Silverado for $300 to $500 over invoice, even without a great deal of negotiation and certainly without unpleasant confrontation.
    By the way, prepare to be impressed: This is a very competent vehicle! Good luck!!
  • jxyoungjxyoung Member Posts: 156
    Auto by tel was a joke $1500 over invoice! Went by the local dealer and he gave me an initial price of $800 over. Finally settled on $445 over and ordered. When it came in I get them to throw in a bug shield and a hitch receiver. I figure about $345 over when all was said and done.

I think you will have much better luck going in to your dealer than over the phone. They usually do not take callers serious?
  • nuwonuwo Member Posts: 63
    I just ordered a 1500 LS 4x4 ext cab for $200 over invoice. I start the waiting game now. Hope it's not too long!
  • mwinter1mwinter1 Member Posts: 40
    I paid $100 over invoice. It's on order and if it comes in on time, it will be 6-8 weeks.
  • chevy4mechevy4me Member Posts: 203
    I paid $1300 over invoice had just what I was looking for in my garage in less than two hours from first seeing it! no regrets!
  • fish6fish6 Member Posts: 50
    $200 over invoice......15 week wait.....
  • huntmanhuntman Member Posts: 25
    500 over invoice on GMC Ext Cab 4x4 SLT 5.3L. Ordered in Nov. Picked up fourth week in Feb. Very nice truck. Worth the wait.
  • butchkbutchk Member Posts: 7
    I bought a 1500 2wd LS Silverado Ext.Cab
    5300 Engine for $156 UNDER invoice. NICE TRUCK
  • SpangSpang Member Posts: 6
    Please state WHERE you bought the truck so I can get such a deal! I'm in northern CA. & ready to buy a 2000!
  • butchkbutchk Member Posts: 7
    Hey Spang,I bought it in Quincy,Massachusetts.
    3000 Miles is a long way to drive for a deal.
  • bogradybogrady Member Posts: 7
    I used Microsoft's Carpoint service to locate a dealer and submit my request for a 99 Silverado LT Z71. Their response was within 24 hours and even though I was still just shopping I was quoted a flat $500 over invoice over the phone. 2 months later I was ready to buy. I called back the dealer, there was one on the lot, and the price had GONE DOWN !! to $250 over invoice. The invoice matched dollar for dollar the one I printed off of Edmunds. No "advertising fee" or other BS. The simplest deal I ever made. I love this truck! (And I even have good feelings for the dealer)
  • mtbh2oskimtbh2oski Member Posts: 13
    Bogrady-

Although it's a long shot that you happen to be in southern california, I was wondering which dealership gave you such a good deal?? Please post it!
  • evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    Come to think of it, wasn't there a Curt Warner who played professional football. Maybe he retired and got into the car business. Worked for John Elway.
  • bogradybogrady Member Posts: 7
    mtbh2oski,

Sorry on the Southern Cal wish. As a native New Yorker currently residing in Austin Texas, this is as far West and South as I care to get. The dealer is Red McCombs in Nothwest Austin, which was just bought out by Republic and will soon be known as Champion Chevy. (Red sold out and used the money to buy the Minnesota Vikings. We hope he moves them to San Antonio, but then Dallas will probaly want a real pro team too.) Ask for Kimberly in internet sales.
    I finally got my truck. Cost was $200 over invoice for 1500 LS, 4x4, ext. cab. Other than the long wait (from 24 Feb to today), it was a pretty mellow experience. For those near Phoenix, I worked with Craig Brown of Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale. I recommend him highly.
  • wurtelejwurtelej Member Posts: 4
    Anyone looking for a dealer selling at or near dealer invoice will want to check out
    http://www.invoicedealers.com
    I've just discovered this site and have not yet heard back from the dealer I selected. However,
    several dealers are listed that I know to be straight shooters such as ande.com so I think this is one stop us net buyers should visit.
    jw
  • rubber1rubber1 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Kodiak Alaska and am
    going to Anchorage to get a new truck next week .I would like to know if you peaple know a good salesman and dealership .
  • ziggyorziggyor Member Posts: 1
    I live in Connecticut and want to know of a chevy dealer that sells close to invoice with a large inventory.
  • cab12345cab12345 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered my 99 Silverado LS Ext.cab 5.3V8 on April 9 for $150 over invoice. It left the factory last Wednesday (June 9th) and should be in before the end of the week...Great experience and great salesman. Anyone needing a dealer around the New Orleans area, let me know. This guy was the best. No haggling or negoitating.
  • jmscoloradojmscolorado Member Posts: 25
    cab12345,

Yours was built one day before mine. Ordered mine for invoice back on the 3rd of April and found out it was build in Canada last Thursday (June 10th). I too am chewing my nails waiting for it to arrive. I ordered a 99 Silverado LS Ext Cab 5.3L Z71 4x4 with autotrack and towing package. Replaces a 91 Silverado Ext Cab 2WD my 16 year old son will get. He's even more anxious than me since I've got a truck now but all he has is a bike until the new truck comes in.
  • cab12345cab12345 Member Posts: 2
    jmscolorado,

Truck came in today. It too left the factory in Canada on the 6th and left on railcar on the 9th. I can't wait till tomorrow after work to head there and take possession!!! I'm sure tomorrow will d-r-a-g by sssooo slow. I just turned 30 on Monday and this is my 1st brand new vehicle and 1st truck. I CAN'T WAIT -- Good luck with yours....
  • hank1hank1 Member Posts: 3
    Ex-cab 5.3 all most every option 2 wheel drive

400 over invoice ( but I did not have to wait )

Vans chevy in phoenix az Craig Brown fleet manager

They E-mail out options & price . I went there

no surprises just bought the truck.

I found out about it from this page .

THANKS Hank
    Hank, glad to hear that you got your truck through Craig. I certainly enjoyed working with him, and will go back to him next chance I get.
  • rumblerrumbler Member Posts: 3
    After quick two day learning curve while stranded in my hometown(Salina, KS), traded in broken down 1986 Olds 98, 162,000
    for the Z71 pkg, 4.8l autortrac, auto 4-spd and paid $300 under invoice with Conklin Chevy. Car worth
    maybe $650 acc. to Kelley, so net deal about $350 above invoice. They wouldn't show me invoice
    like local Ford dealer would, but with info from Edmund's and hard negotiating
    the final deal was made in an hour, and I drove away to
    home to Pittsburgh.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Lt 4X4 e-cab every option but the cell phone pre wire and the white wall tires for $300 under invoice - negotiated price was 200 over invoice but the invoice price dealer had was wrong - but they still stood by the original price. Only down side was had to wait 10 weeks for delivery.
  • jmscoloradojmscolorado Member Posts: 25
    Cab12345,

Got a call from dealer about two hours after my post - TRUCK IS IN. (Can't believe that it took only a week to get here from Canada. Shipped on a Thursday and arrived on a Thursday.) Went by last Thursday, test drove it, paid for it, (me and the bank), and took it home. Dealer was able to beat my credit union's 6.7% loan rate with another credit union's 6.25% rate. Love the way it drives. Good luck with yours.
  • dforddford Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if 99 F 250 (not HD) can accept
    a plow ? I've asked 2 dealers in my area (Mass)
    and they said they had to get back to me.
    I'm interested in the F-250 Work series. whats that.
  • wesley1wesley1 Member Posts: 17
    dford
    I think you are starting at the wrong end. Contact the plow dealers in you area like Meyers or Western they install them all the time, a dealer would only sub it out anyway. Plows are made in various sizes, weights and materials. I even saw one with a caster wheel/motor that a compact could push around.
    Good luck.
  • samtrivsamtriv Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in getting a new Silverado and have heard Idaho Dealer Dave Smith sells lots of Chevy trucks at close to invoice. Anyone had any experience with that dealer??? Thanks for info.
  • chevmanchevman Member Posts: 1
    About two months ago I emailed a request for quote to Dave Smith, directly through his website.As of today, 6/25/99 I have heard nothing and assume I never will. I expected more from what is suppose to be one of the worlds largest volume dealers.
  • treewhackertreewhacker Member Posts: 3
    When you are talking invoice are you talking price for the truck (LS=$23,315) or price plus options. The two persons who bought at Vans in Phoenix what was the total price for your silverado? Truck+plate+fees+tax=total price
  • peanut26peanut26 Member Posts: 4
    OK everyone latest update I have heard is that the 2000 Silverados will be available with the fourth door option in Jan 2000... I have been waiting to get one and thought I would be able to order one sooner.... It's really hard now especially since I already sold my Suburban but oh well I really want the 4th door........Has anyone else heard anything?
  • peanut26peanut26 Member Posts: 4
    treewhacker......
    go to kbb.com and look up new car prices..... the invoice price is dealer paid price including options but the options have a dealer prie and a retail price so you have to add it all up at dealer cost to get the actual invoice price........
  • treewhackertreewhacker Member Posts: 3
    thanks for the answer.
  • lrctlclrctlc Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me where my husband and I can find a chevy dealership in or near Contra Costa County that will give us a good deal on a silverado without alot of haggling?
    Here's the breakdown on my deal from Vans.

$23,084 (invoice price for LS, 4x4, ext cab,
    with Z85, locking differential, and
    skid plates)
    264 Advertising fee
    640 Destination
    1,717 sales tax (7.1%)
    536 Title and Reg.
    189 process fee
    200 profit

26,636 TOTAL

Hope this helps. As I said before, Craig Brown is a gentleman to work with, Tell him that Bill Block referred you.
  • fast2fast2 Member Posts: 1
    looking fore a truck in chicago area
  • bizdeanbizdean Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a LT for about $500 above dealer cost. What was better was I used my GM Card rebates $6,000 and Citibank Drivers Edge rebates $400 to get a total cost of about $5,900 under dealer cost. Then on top of that the $6,400 in rebates are considered a trade in by the sales tax people so I save another $416 in sales tax. Those credit cards with vehicle rebates are great.
  • stampley1stampley1 Member Posts: 4
    What is a GM card? Why do you get such a great discount and how can I get one? Would like a Z71 but not sure I want to spend the extra money for the 4 wheel drive. Also interested in the 4th door option. Will it be available any sooner than January?
  • booboo1booboo1 Member Posts: 1
    i PURCHASED A 1999 CHEVY SILERADO V6,AT,AC,CHROME PKG. FOR $16,878
  • hank1hank1 Member Posts: 3
    cost of truck from vans chevy of phoenix

19530 invoice 2 wheel drive ls
    4529 options
    640 destination
    276 advertising
    1716 tax
    464 plate
    190 dealer prep (full tank of gas&wash)
    400 over
    Every one at the dealership was great
    and the truck is great.They don't treat
    you like your stupid, run back and forth
    to the manager trying to get every last
    nickel. The price I was quoted was the price..
    Craig Brown was a gentleman
    Thanks treewhacker :
    I did tell them they
    should buy you a steak,hope you got it.
    Hank
  • skrewyluieskrewyluie Member Posts: 1
    Just took home a 2000 silverado for 500 over cost(dealer didnt mind showing invoice) and they gave me 10000 trade in on a 98 s10 with 20K miles worth 8300. Nice truck from Fox in maryland. Anyone from the area ask for Rich vespasiani tell him Lou sent you.
  • silverado4silverado4 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering placing an order for a Silverado LS Extended Cab Z71. Has anyone ordered a truck from a Southern California dealership in the Orange County area and if so what does this process entail?
  • jumptoitjumptoit Member Posts: 1
    The GM Card application can be picked up at most dealerships or you may get one sent to you in the mail pre approved. The GM card offers 5 % on all purchases. The money can be used on any new GM car or truck. Great deal. I have a 95 ck1500 & I'm waiting for the 2000 Silverado to come out, hopefully w/ 4th door.
  • gew51gew51 Member Posts: 2
    I want a Silverado Ext (99) with door locks/windows and automatic. Anyone know of a good deal ont Miss gulf or even Fla or La.?
  • tsetse Member Posts: 1
    looking to buy a silverado ls in the boston area,any good dealers and prices
  • tonyb4tonyb4 Member Posts: 1
    I see most of you have purchased, but has anyone leased? If so, what kind of package did you get? Any info that can help me decide would be appreciated. I'm in S.F. Valley, CA.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Chevrolet has one lease deal...

Give them a boat load of Money...They give you a Silverado!!

You hear about all these loaded trucks for $359 a month..and so on....They have no deals what so ever on Silverado's.

MY salesman said hopefully they might have something..like maybe a rebate for the next quarter..(after Aug.2nd)

My 2000 will be built that same week..and I'll probably lease...so I'll let you know.

A 3/4 LT with 44,000 mile lease for 2 years is going to be $585 a month....about 50 bucks less if you were to get a standard 30K lease. I hate to do it...but if I kept this truck nine years like my last one...It would have over 200,000 miles! I drive much farther now to work....so I have to adapt some how.

Tim
  • mcrmcr Member Posts: 15
    Has anyone bought from dealers at this site which list local dealers that sell at $100 over invoice?
    Thanks
    MR
    http://www.invoicedealers.com/
  • exfordownerexfordowner Member Posts: 1
    Ordered a 1999 LS 2WD ext. cab SB 4800. I'll take delivery at the end of July. Paid = 23,200 out the door. However some people are getting the 2000 already. I think I ordered mine right at the end of the 1999 year. Oh well, still looking forward to it. Everything I've read here and elsewhere has been great reviews.
This discussion has been closed.