Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche 911E (1970) front suspension struts

mrt10mrt10 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Porsche
I installed front struts on my 1970 911E and they are flat. I've used struts (new) from model year 1976. I have driven the car approx a mile or two and the struts are still flat. Any suggestions?

Comments

• alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    What do you mean by "flat"? Most new struts are gas charged and are shipped with the rods locked in the jounce or compressed position. Rotate the rods about 1/2 turn counterclockwise to unlock and extend them before installing the springs.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The installation directions are supposed to tell you this.
  • gerry100gerry100 Member Posts: 100
    With all due respect to the current forum, this is question is best addressed on the Rennlist.com forums.

The site is full of enthusiasts who know almost too much about Porsche's and have always been very helpful to me.

Post your question on the Oil/air colled discussion forum.
    What was wrong with Opatience's answer? I thought it was pretty good.
  • alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    Mine too. LOL
    Oh, yeah. Gave credit to the wrong guy! Sorry!

I have access to GREAT Porsche information if the posters can be patient. I have to call and ask different techs. These are guys who pay the rent fixing these cars.
  • gerry100gerry100 Member Posts: 100
    Just wanted the poster to know about what IMHO is a great resource for specific info on Porsches.

Sorry
    no offense taken gerry--normally we don't link to other message boards through Town Hall unless we've really run out of ideas.
This discussion has been closed.