Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Malibu Maxx

Comments

• oldcorvettefanoldcorvettefan Member Posts: 17
    When we purchased our Maxx last week, we took advantage of the GMAC Bonus Cash program, and added $1500 to the standard $3500 rebate offered in Illinois/Wisconsin.

I called GMAC about the rate, and they informed me that the Dealer sets the rate. In our case, the dealer we purchased from set a rate of 7.99%. Another dealer we negotiated with set a rate of 8.99%.

GMAC, and the Dealer, both told me that there is no penalty for prepayment.

We signed a "Retail Installment Sale Contract" at the dealership. At the bottom of the form, it is listed as "Z109 FR WI 12/2000" (For Use in Wisconsin). On the Terms & Conditions page, under Prepayment (5th Paragraph), it states:

"You may prepay the unpaid balance of the Amount Financed in full or in part at any time without penalty. If you do so, you must pay the earned and unpaid part of the Finance Charge and all other earned amounts due up to the date of payment."

Our intent is to refinance through our Credit Union as soon as we get the paperwork from GMAC showing our account number.

None of the other paperwork I signed regarding rebates has any mention of an obligation to maintain the financing from GMAC for any length of time.

Hope this helps!

Steven
  • madmadammadmadam Member Posts: 55
    Let me jump into this discussion with a question. When I bought my MAXX last month I got the SmartBuy financing--my dealer (in NYC) said that 90% of their sales use it. Is that what you all are talking about?
  • hitskyfamhitskyfam Member Posts: 5
    My husband's 58 and I'm 56. I am the primary driver of our Maxx, but we both enjoy driving it.
  • walletwallet Member Posts: 38
    Quirk in MA had increased the dealer discount by $200 (now up to $3006). Ad shows Maxx LS with 1SA for 14,8.......
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    as unscientific as it is..here are the results after one week with 35 voters:

Malibu Maxx Buyers Poll

Age of Malibu Maxx Buyers

20-29 (6)
        17%

30-39 (6)
        17%

40-49 (16)
        46%

50-59 (4)
        11%

60 plus (3)
        9%

Total Votes: 35

• limingliming Member Posts: 22
    In Chicago, I purchased the car today:

Malibu Maxx
      1SB option
      Mud guard.

MSRP: $23150
    Saving: $2454.25
    Cash rebate: -$3500
    GMAC rebate: -$1500
    Regional rebate: -$500

Price:$15196
    Plus tax, doc fee, license and title

Paid: $17015

The GMAC loan can be prepaid without penalty.
  • jerrysmaxxjerrysmaxx Member Posts: 1
    I've been reading the Malibu Maxx posts for sometime and finally decided to get in on a piece of the action. I have a Maxx LT 1SB with every single possible option imaginable (since it was the only one on the lot with the 3 things I wanted...guess they saw me coming!) I got the supplier discount also, paid $25k in the Baltimore/DC area (Sport Chevy). Even with the supplier discount they let me use the $4000 owner loyalty and I financed thru GMAC only to refinance immediately with my Credit Union. No penalty for early payment. For the record...I've had my Maxx for one month and 1600 miles. I love it. Two problems though. I have a interior panel on the passanger side which covers the radio insides that keeps falling off, and the second problem is that my wife wants to take the car from me. She likes it too much. She is 5'0" and normally cant stand "big cars" (she drives a CR-V, go figure) but she keeps taking this one from me. Sorry to be so long...just putting my two cents in.
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    Just got back from my 4th trip to Quebec since I got the vehicle. Actual average mileage was 29.5 and 31.3 for both fill ups. Computer both times indicated 3 mpg more than actual.

Other than the "t" falling off the truck recently, absolutely no complaints. First vehicle I have had in quite some time that gets better gas mileage than advertises. By the way, I am 59. Skyhawk, where you from. I live in Seekonk.
  • kurtamaxxguykurtamaxxguy Member Posts: 677
    As I roll up around 9000 miles on my Maxx LS, the mileage has been improving. For a mixture of LA nightmare freeways and surface driving, it's running just under 26 mph. It remains easy to bark the tires on launch - midrange torque is really nice but engine does run out of breath near the redline. There are small rattles from the rear hatch area and the creaky parcel shelf (will try felt lining on the cheap rear trim very soon) - the rest of the car is staying pretty solid. One piece of exterior trim on driver window kept popping up (I finally glued it into place - has stayed put since). Ride/handling is a good balance. Front seat lumbar support keeps comming and going. Steering could use more roadfeel but otherwise does the job. At least 3 recalls so far and hopefully no more (last one was for ABS brake re-programming).
    Oh yes - I'm 54 years young.
    Also, I have yet to see __any__ Maxx on the roads here in Los Angeles, CA
  • rferdrferd Member Posts: 28
    I am 61+...
    So young and old are buying MAXXes!!
  • beedublubeedublu Member Posts: 236
    I'm about a day or two away from buying a Maxx LS and one thing hit me after I came home: How much clearance is there under the garage door with the hatch raised? IOW, if I raise the hatch after pulling into the garage, do I risk banging it into the raised garage door overhead, which is exactly 102" (8'6") above the garage floor.

It's something I never thought to measure at the dealer and I don't see that dimension in the brochure.
    Another dumb question: I've looked at a number of Malibus and Maxxes on dealer lots and there appears to be dirt, condensation and even small leaves stuck in that 1/4" band of the headlight lens, near where it joins the body. How easy or difficult is it to clean that out? Has anyone had any problems with water or condensation inside the headlight housing?

A car I'm considering has quite a noticeable amount of dirt in that particular area and I'm wondering if it's a sign of future problems.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    beedubulu: I just measured it for you. From the highest point to the ground is exactly 80 inches.
    As for the headlights, you are correct; when I wash my car, I always have some soap suds get between the light housing gasket and the car body. I am always able to run the hose and wash the suds out of there. Therefore, as with all headlights, the rubber gasket is the only thing keeping a whole lot of dirt and debris from fouling up the light.
    Jum..isnt not the headlight a sealed unit...the rubber gasket between the headlight assembly and the body.....I'll have to look...but Im sure the light and reflector are a sealed unit....unless you pull out the light bulb of course....going out to check!
    Thanks, maxx4me...that's one less question for when I visit the dealer to negotiate. 'Hope my desired car didn't get sold!
  • skyhawkskyhawk Member Posts: 126
    This past weekend I saw more ads on TV for the MAXX than in the past 6 months. They are all very clever. The wing and rear wiper are very visible.

BTW occking I live in North Providence.
    I have been wondering about the use of the Source buttom on the steering wheel. I thought that it is suppossed to change the audio source from Radio to CD and viceversa. If that is so, my buttom changes from Radio to CD but not from CD to radio. Is this the way it is suppossed to work or should I take it to the dealer for repair?

Please give me feed back.
  • rungirlrunrungirlrun Member Posts: 2
    Dear Maxx owners,

I'm 95% of the way to making the decision that the Malibu Maxx LT is the best available replacement for my 1992 Toyota Camry station wagon, which I still love with all my heart, but can't take into another winter without repairs that are not worth making at it's age.

I have a few concerns about the Maxx, not the least of which is it's ability to last nearly as long as I've enjoyed my Camry wagon! But all that aside, I've come to you here with a few questions:

1) "Leather appointed" seats: Did you realize that there is NOTHING on the Maxx LT that is leather except the wrap on the steering wheel? The salesman at my Chevy dealership told me, "I'm not going to lie to you, it's vinyl and microfiber." "Leather appointed" seats is supposed to mean that the parts of the seat that come into contact with your body are leather, and that the rest is a good quality synthetic. On the Maxx, the "ultralux" is like the material they're using on furniture these days ... it's a superior quality microfiber, but indeed not leather. And the material that surrounds the ultralux isn't leather either ... it's "pleather," today's word for "plastic leather" ... at least according to my salesman. Can any of you substantiate this?

2) Did any of you lease your vehicle, or does anyone know what either Chevy or leasing agencies are quoting as the residual value of this vehicle after either 3 or 4 years?

3) Any other interesting input on my situation? My 92 Camry wagon is the first generation of Camry after the introduction of Lexus, and carried many Lexus-like innovations. It's still quite handsome, and people can't believe it's a dozen years old. I'd like to feel the same way about my next car at the end of an extended period, although I recognize it may not be another 12 years. I wanted another Japanese made station wagon, but since Honda refuses to create an American version of the Accord wagon that they sell in the UK and Japan, my only choices are the Mazda6 and the Subarus. By the time you equip an Outback or Legacy to the Maxx's trim levels, you've got a $32K car, and I won't spend that on a Subaru! Have I missed anything? The European imports are out. Too much cost in post-warranty years of ownership on VW, Saab, BMW, etc.

I only need a little convincing to pull the trigger on the Maxx LT. I've been car shopping for two years, and this is the closest I've come.

Thanks in advance for your input!! Blessings to all!
  • icedog97icedog97 Member Posts: 141
    As a new Maxx LS owner (a few weeks now) I can honestly say we are very happy with our purchase. Of course, the true test of any car purchase is what you think a few years down the road (congrats on 12 with the Camry by the way!) so the jury is stil out on the long term verdict.

As for the "pleather" or micrfiber, I can only say that I thought the seats in the LT looked very nice and felt comfortable, so it really didn't mattter to me what they were made out of (we went with the LS because we decided leather was not important right now - we had leather in our last car and decided it was "take it or leave it for us").

We like the Maxx because: 1) it has nice ride characteristics (it's quite inside, it handles rough roads smoothly, and corners well for a family hatchback) 2) the 200 hp engine is smooth and powerful while getting decent/good mpg (we do a lot of city driving), 3) it has lots of room and is versatile, and 4) it can be had for a very nice price!!!

I think the combination of things I mentioned along with the discounted prices on 2004's make this a great choice!!

Like you, my main concern is long term reliablity/durability. But considering our Maxx (with rebates) cost about 10-15K less than the competitors, I think I am willing to take a bit of a gamble. Plus, you can always opt for the extended warranty - and still be paying a lot less than you would for a 6 or Subaru!

In closing, the Maxx in NOT a perfect car, but it seems like one heck of a good car and a VERY good deal right now.
    Newbie question:

Can you determine the production month of a Maxx from the VIN?

As suggested on this forum, I'm hoping to avoid buying one with a production date of Jan-Mar 2004.
    I believe the production month is also shown on the label on the inside of the drivers door. I must be a lucky one..mine was built in Feb 04 and I have had no problems with it what so ever!...well except for those ##%#&#^ rear sun shades!
    Yeah, but I'm searching thru inventories over the internet, so I was hoping to do it without anyone having to actually check the physical vehicle.....
  • e2helpere2helper Member Posts: 1,002
    Yes I know it is a little confusing....... Hope this helps.

The Source button only allows you to change to different audio sources (like DVD or CD). So if you only have a CD player the switch doesn't do a whole lot (LOL).

When you want to cycle back to radio and switch through AM, FM1, FM2, XM then you use the BAND switch on your steering wheel controls or on the radio.
  • sgr5516sgr5516 Member Posts: 163
    I haven't noticed any crud around my headlights. The 1/4" band that looks like condensation is actually the plastic lense. It has a frosted appearance around the edges. The headlight units are actually sealed. Water, dirt and condensation should not get inside. If they do the unit is defective and should be replaced. There is a tiny gap between the headlight units and the body. That's needed so they can be adjusted up/down and left/right for aim. You should be able to hose out any dirt/soap suds that gets in there.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    rungirlrun: in a word YES. Congrats on being one of the VERY smart people to have purchased the Camry wagon. Although it was priced waaaaay too high at the time, I now wish I had bought the last one made in '96. I'd still have it in my driveway instead of a pathetic 626 for 8 years and now the Maxx. The Maxx is a great design. However, as one other poster stated, the devil is in the details....and the detail is: will it last without breaking down??? Out the dealership door, there simply is NO better value in the market right now; the Maxx simply wins hands down. I however, have my fingers crossed, and will buy an extended warranty before my car turns 12/12,000 just in case. If you buy the Maxx, you will simply be amazed at all the bells and whistles placed into this car by GM. It is a pleasure to drive out the dealer's door, although like me, you will have to get used to the pushrod overhead valve technology of the engine; it simply does not act and feel like today's overhead cam designs. One other reason for you to buy the Maxx: no matter how much you and I dream about Honda sending their current model of the Accord wagon over to the US is: it ain't never gonna happen. I sure wish it would, but Honda simply does not want to cut into their SUV sales; for the forseeable future, the Maxx is the best wagon out there for the money. It screams value, and delivers incredible versatility.

pao: I need to drive your vehicle to compare with mine. Ya gotta give me a call dude. Let's do lunch.

sgr5516: you are absolutely right about the headlights. Nonetheless, I have never seen "gaps", such as those found on the Maxx, which allow as much water, debris, and soap to congregate around the headlamp. I simply hope the gasket holds it ground; otherwise, you are correct, the lamp will fail.
  • 2damaxx2damaxx Member Posts: 12
    BigAl-
    I got the whole car (minus windshield) tinted for $165 out the door (which includes a 9.75% sales tax here in Knoxville). The shop I went to only had 35% (the legal limit) or 15%. I went with 15% and kind of regret the choice. I think it looks really sharp, but it's my wife's car and it's too dark for her tastes. I suspect that we'll be getting it re-done by a shop that offers tints of 25% or 30%. I think those would be a great compromise for the wife and I. At 15%, it's like a limo - you can't see inside the car, which is a bit darker than I meant to go. After reading Tennessee law, it's pretty much asking for a ticket. However, after having it tinted and becoming aware of the issue, I'm amazed at how many cars (especially the new crop of hatchbacks and smaller wagons) have "illegal" tint jobs.
    Jim...next week sometime lets have lunch somewhere at potomac landing....isnt that the mall there just before you reach crystal city..there is a mexican resturant there...i forget the name..pick a day that is good for you...Tues is good for me....let me know it that works...or we can adjust accordingly
    Paul
  • andrewdandrewd Member Posts: 4
    Hi Folks!

I am close to buying a new car and the Maxx is on my short list. I live in Canada and I want to make sure that it can handle our long winters. Could someone who has driven the Maxx under winter conditions please let me know if it had any problems. i.e. trouble starting, trouble defogging the windows, etc.

Thanks for any advice.
  • rungirlrunrungirlrun Member Posts: 2
    I really am somewhat concerned, and certainly interested, in what any of you might have to say about the Maxx LT's "leather appointed" seats. As I admittedly overanalyze this purchase decision, this has become a sticking point for me.

The salesman at my dealership told me, "I'm not going to lie to you and have you mad at me later, there is no leather on these seats." The "UltraLux" is microfiber, albeit a good grade of microfiber, like they make sofas out of today. And the material which surrounds the UltraLux, which I assumed was the "leather appointed" part, and that the sides, etc were a good synthetic, the salesman tells me is not leather at all either!

HOW can Chevrolet call these "leather appointed" seats if there is indeed NO LEATHER on the seats anywhere??? Was anyone else aware of this? If not, how does it make you feel as an LT owner? And should I just "get over it?" :)

BTW, thank you so much to icedog and maxx4me for the kind replies to my Camry wagon replacement post. It killed me to learn here last night that the Camry is still manufactured in Australia as a wagon, and alas, unavailable to us, the small contingent of Camry wagon loyalists.

Now, onto the Maxx ... if I can get over this leather issue, I think I'll be happy at least in the short term!

Blessings!
    mine came with the ultralux tag attached so was aware of the microfiber issue....are the head rests leather?...cant really tell..nor to be honest..care at this point..this is the paragraph on the chevy malibu website:

"UltraLux and leather-appointed seating surfaces feature a luxurious, suede-like feel. Unlike traditional leather surfaces, UltraLux is designed to help you feel cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And to help make chilly days a little more comfortable, heated front seats (seatback and cushions) are also included. LT models only."

The steering wheel and shift knob are "leather wrapped" and I really dont feel cheated since I didnt special order leather appointed seats....but rather it was a package deal for the LT

bottomline to this maxx owner..the seats are comfortable, and I dont really feel "cheated" that they are advertised at leather appointed.
  • robs_placerobs_place Member Posts: 24
    The hump between the passenger seats seem a bit high for a FWD vehicle. I suspect that this would leave room for a AWD driveshaft.
    Any thoughts on this?
  • icedog97icedog97 Member Posts: 141
    There are so few completely leather seats in cars anymore (I'm not sure which cars even offer them). Most vehicles have leather seating "surfaces" where the backs and sides are vinyl. I think to get complete leather seats you would need to buy a TOP OF THE LINE car.

I think I would rate them by 1) how they feel/comfort, 2) how they look, and 3) predicted durability. I'm pretty sure this new microfibre material is supposed to be durable, given that it's used on furniture. I would hope it lasts at least as long as real leather (which fades and cracks if not cared for regularly). IMO, the best wearing/least maintenance seats are like those I have in my 2001 Altima. They are the high end fabric that cleans up pretty easily and feels nice to the touch (wish my Maxx had fabric seats like that!!)

I'm not sure what kind of deal you are getting, but make sure you work the "not really leather, leather seats" into the equation somewhere. You could make it part of your negotiating process if you want. Tell them how much they are worth to you vs. what is charged for them. You could always go for "real" leather after the fact, but it would cost you a decent amount...so maybe you try and get some of that cost for "fake leather" taken off of the sticker.
    I have the LT. I wanted heated seats as I have back issues and the heat helps especially on long drives. The salesman did not say what the seats were made of and it's was never an issue. I do like the soft feel. My wife's Bonneville does have real "leather" which is easier to clean but does get colder and hotter depending on the weather than the MAXX seats do. I find it easier to shift around on the leather than on the seats in the MAXX.

andrewd: I did drive in one snow event last March and had no trouble. RI winters in March do not compare with your winters however. Cleaning snow and ice off the windows was not an issue. Good luck with your choice.
  • oldntired1950oldntired1950 Member Posts: 151
    Welcome Andrewd -
    I've had my Maxx since January, so I did go through some winter weather. While the Maxx wasn't my first choice during bad winter storms (I have an '02 Jeep Liberty 4WD for those extra special days), with the traction control there was never a problem with winter driving. The heater/defroster, rear window defroster and heated seats made cold weather driving a snap. JMHO
  • californiamaxxcaliforniamaxx Member Posts: 17
    I work for a Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical company and I'm proud to say that I've just selected the Malibu MAXX as my company car. They let me choose from three vehicles (Chrysler Sebring Touring & Chevrolet Impala Base)and let me tell you the MAXX was hands down the best overall package. It's at the factory being asembled as we speak. The Fleet company delivers it the end of September. I chose the Light Driftwood because it offered the Neutral interior w/ Faux Wood grain trim. I didn't like the gray w/ the silver metallic accents. (I've heard some of you make similar comments) My Maxx will be an LS with the 1SB package, including OnStar and XM radio.

I must have test drove all three cars offered 3 or 4 times before really deciding on the Maxx. Wow what a ride! For me it was the leg and head room (6'3" tall) and the power. The interior was a bit plasticky and plain but also interiorly speaking there is a lot of upgrades that the other Chevrolets don't have. So I was impressed. I currently drive a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix with 53,000 miles on it. Before that I drove a 2000 Dodge Intrepid (64,000 miles). both are nice cars inside and out w/ power under the hood. I'm hoping that the MAXX will hold up under my all day usage. I'll keep you all informed as I go along.

P.S.
    I just wanted you all to know that I've been following your every comment for about two months now. you have all really given me a lot of fine reading / education on the MAXX.

Thank You!
    Thanks Oldntired1950 and to Skyhawk as well for the feedback.

I test drove a Maxx yesterday and enjoyed the way it handled. Even the electric steering was not too bad. I must say, being an Intrepid owner that it will take awhile to get used to the limited elbow room. I also find the advertised cargo room misleading as the numbers quoted usually refer to the cargo space with the rear seats folded down. With long distance road trips with three or four people, the cargo room feels limited. How do any families out there find that the Maxx handles road trips in particular respect to cargo room?
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Trunk space on hatches is calculated with the seats up, but goes all the way to the roof/hatch. Max cargo room is with the seats down.
    Thanks e2helper. I will give it a try this afternoon on my way home.
  • ecdevmaxxecdevmaxx Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my new'04 Maxx LT. Took tip from previous post about the '05 spoiler fitting on the '04. Sure enough, it does. Dealer ordered and had it attached when I went to pick car up today. Big difference! Now I see spoilers are standard on the LT. Also was able to "turn" the front headrests around so they don't hit my head funny. Pull up as far as you can and twist the plastic ring attached to the seat that the headrest poles fit into---Have to keep pulling on the headrests while you twist. Should come right out. Same approach as with the Rendezvous headrests when you take them out of the backseats to fold forward.
    When I test drove the MAXX I brought luggage with me to see the fit. I believe that we can easily fit every thing we need for a 2 week trip under the shelf with the seats up. I will have actual experience in 2 weeks when we leave for Michigan.

Granted there are only two of us. I sometimes think we took less stuff when the 3 kids traveled with us. Then I had an OLDS custom cruiser that got 17 mpg.
    the one disadvantage of adding the spoiler to the 04 Maxx is it apparently doesnt allow the wind flow to clean the rear window..thus the 05 Maxx LT comes standard with the spoiler and rear window wiper...you may have problems keeping the rear window clear in bad weather....hope this is not the case..let us know how it does..here is the msg that was a follow up to the spoiler decision for the 05 model

kurtamaxxguy Aug 8, 2004 9:53pm
    pao Aug 18, 2004 10:01am

pls take the poll if you havent already....just looking at the spectrum of buyers for the Maxx
  • oldntired1950oldntired1950 Member Posts: 151
    Hello again andrewd -
    We currently have around 8K miles on our Maxx - have had it since January. From April til October we travel around 350 miles roundtrip every weekend from Long Island up into the Catskill mountains. Most trips are just my wife and myself, a suitcase and cooler, but we occasionally take our 25 year old son and 6 year old granddaughter along with their luggage and "stuff". We've never had a problem with space or elbow room, and the rear seat DVD player is a lifesaver! We can listen to our music on the XM radio while the "kids" are watching movies in back. The only compromise we've had to make (only once) was to remove the rear shelf and put it flat on the back floor to allow a little more space. It's deceiving how much room there is back there.
    After exhaustively comparing and test-driving Maxx and Accord, I'm pleased to announce that I'm now the proud owner of an 04 Maxx LS w/1SB package, Galaxy Silver/Gray interior.

I've had the car only 24 hours and already I'm comfortable with it. Smooth, quiet, powerful...and distinctive looking.

I ended up choosing the Maxx over the Accord because:

1) The driving experience is remarkably similar, although I think the Maxx has less tire noise on coarse pavement

2) Availability of head curtain airbags, V6, traction control for far less than a comparable Honda

3) The incredible versatility of the hatch configuration and the multi-flex seats.

And if all that wasn't enough, the GM Card tossed in an extra $1000, and the Chevy dealer was offering something called an "Instant Value Coupon"...an additional $500 rebate. I paid way less than I would have for even an Accord LX, to say nothing of an EX V6!
    Saw that August Instant Value Cert. mentioned in some Chevy ads in north Jersey today. Got to wondering if it was moving the same total $ discounts around but just giving them different names (six of one, half dozen of another); or if it was a legit extra $500 that just became available for an end of the month sales push. I looked for GM corporate ads in a few papers and on the GM/Chevy websites, but never found a mention of it.

Hope it's a legit extra $500, as in all likelihood we're buying a Maxx in the next two days.......

EDIT: Another question: You mentioned the GM Card threw in another $1000. Was that your earnings, or is there a another new promotion jsut for GM Card holders?
    Congratulations on your new MAXX from another happy Light Driftwood owner. It's a very comfortable & pleasing car, both for the driver and the passengers. It's great that you were able to select it for your company car.
    I'm a 5'3" woman but one of my regular passengers is a 6'4" man, an SUV-owner who keeps commenting on much more comfortable he is in my MAXX.
    Thanks Oldntired and Skyhawk for the info re cargo space. You have helped make up my mind to purchase a Maxx. The number of 04's are limited here (Montreal) and it is hard to find the colors and options I am looking for, so I will wait a few months for some deals to kick in with the 2005's and buy one then.

I have enjoyed reading through the posts on this message board and look forward to being able to post future messages as a fellow owner.

Cheers.
  • californiamaxxcaliforniamaxx Member Posts: 17
    MadMadam, My wife is 5'1" and I cant get her to go down with me to test drive the MAXX. I'm sure she will love the adjustables (seat, steering wheel and pedals)that will make her drive comfortable. Oh well, I'm sure she'll drive mine when it arrives next month. She isn't a car enthusiast like myself. I could test drive a different car every day. She loves driving my Grand Prix, says its zippy. I'm thinking, "wait till you drive the Maxx."

I'll keep you informed as to what she says when she gets in her first test drive.
    Yes, please let me know what she thinks after giving the MAXX a try. For me, raising the pedals made a big difference in comfort & ease. It is a very smooth-riding car, but has the feeling of power in the engine. Let us know when you take delivery, and enjoy it.
  • mpgmanmpgman Member Posts: 723
    Need some help from you Maxx owners.

1. Are there no side seat air bags? I know you can get the curtains.
    2. Do the 04s have the head curtains? I saw one with them but wasn't sure if that was a late production one.
    3. What are the equipment differences between 04 and 05? Anything improved?
    4. What are you getting for fuel economy city and highway with the 6 cylinder?

Thanks!