Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Malibu Maxx

Comments

• snowcatsnowcat Member Posts: 13
    Raisncain -

pls see my post #2505 - I've felt your pain.

Take it to the dealership and have them reprogram the radio. I had that problem for the first 9 months, and they *finally* fixed it after swapping out *4* radios. Once they reprogram it, it will solve the CD issue and some of the annoyance.

I remember reading here (I’ve been power reading this from the beginning for the last couple weeks, it's been a while since I posted) that the radio personalization memory will stick with the fob that last *locked* the car. Since my husband and I have been playing musical cars the past couple of weeks, I've noticed it more - especially since we would up listening to the same 4 songs on a CD 3 times in one day since we were both in and out of the car.

Posted and emailed.

SnowCat
    Drive like a screaming maniac with my hair on fire.
    '04 Malibu Maxx 'Crow'
    '69 Cutlass S Holiday Coupe 'Goldfinger'
    Hubby- ’00 BMW 528i – ‘Sasha’
    TallMug -

I had the same problem as mentioned in post#2505

I tried everything. The only thing that fixes it is the software upgrade.

SnowCat
    '04 Malibu Maxx 'Crow'
  • medinamalibumedinamalibu Member Posts: 71
    Yes, nearly 11 weeks and 1100 miles after purchase date, Baby Maxxwell is in the shop for an oil change. Sadly, the left skylight shade is broken, so they need to fix that in the morning. I'm glad all she needs is that work, and not a new radiator/alternator/water pump. Do I miss the old car? Not really. :shades: All I miss is the lower insurance and the lack of a car payment. :P
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    sorry to hear bout your maxx...jumping to another first year release...the HHR...read some good reviews on it..havent seen it in person..but hey...also waiting on my Pontiac Solstice to arrive...ordered it sight unseen......another first year release..but probably one of the most engineered cars in GM recent history!

Maxx for the groceries..and the Solstice for cruising!!
  • kurtamaxxguykurtamaxxguy Member Posts: 677
    ..as every manufacturer has trouble with them! The HHR will be no exception. As for Solstice, it __might__ be an exception as it's Lutz's personal baby.

Even the Audi A3, vaunted as already being test proven in Europe before ever setting foot on USA shores, is having window regulator and radiator problems.
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    I would get another Maxx. Being in almost it's 3rd year, the bugs should be out and you clearly just had a lemon. With the HHR you have an all new car and a better chance of issues.

Just my 2 cents.
    some folks with '05 maxxes or malibus have been singing the blues here. It's sad - the Fairfax plant does its best, but lemons slip through anyway.

If you really like the Maxx but don't want to risk it with another new one, you might consider a certified used Maxx as that one will have a history record and you can see what you are getting.
  • eforemaneforeman Member Posts: 13
    Are there any problems with running a Maxx through a standard automatic carwash that uses big rollers? I would take off the rear antenna (despite claims from the Chevy people that it is designed to bend, not break), but I’m still concerned about the XM box on top and the rear wiper blade (I have a 05 LT). Thanks for any comments. And, yes, I know the best idea is not to use an automatic carwash at all but to have my Maxx hand-washed with the finest silks by my palace guard. :)
    I have an 04 Maxx with XM Onstar antennas and the windscreen for the sunroof and have had no problems with auto car washers...to date....
    Ok, so it’s a 14 month review. :shades: I purchased my Maxx in early July, 2004. She’s a black LT with XM, 6-CD changer, DVD player and sunroof. Right now she’s got about 17.5k miles. Her build date is 2/11/04.

I’ve never had a problem with the steering column. I’ve never had the roof rattles (sunroof or roof light). I’ve never had the tranny howl. I have had the radio issue.

I have a 12 mile round trip for work, use the remote starter for heat and AC all the time, and I get about 20 MPG. I’ve made a number of road trips. I’m approximately 1 hr NE of NYC. I’ve gone from here to Annapolis, MD a number of times solo, just me and a suitcase, cruise on ~77 MPH and got about 32 mpg. Went here to an hour past Chicago, fully loaded with 4 large adults, 1 little white dog, and cargo *packed* to the gills in March (had barely a porthole out the back hatch). Drove through on interstate 80 in Pennsylvania with the weather being *horrid* - as in blizzard for a half hour, then weak sun for a half hour then blizzard for half hour … for 5 hours. Car was a little float-y in the mountains in the blizzard with wind, but nothing drastic that Mom couldn’t compensate for. Got about 28 MPG. There was so much salt on my car when I got to my brother’s that I had to use a window squeegee to scrap off the ice pack of the front bumper that did not melt in the morning sun, and when I opened the hatch, the entire inside metal to the rubber seal was *white*. Vacationed up in New Hampshire for a week in Laconia during bike week, 4 adults, a ton of luggage and Dave whining he didn’t have an Xbox to play on the ride home.

I really like this car. As I have said before, when my mother was car shopping in the 2002 model year, I had driven every single sedan on the market up to $45k. When one of my co-workers went out and traded her 2000 Malibu sedan for a 2004 Maxx, I was sold. I walked down and bought Crow 2 days later. She’s a solid girl, with lots of place to put stuff and the flexibility to carry *lots* of stuff. I’ve been sent to Agway to get 4 bales of hay – each with their own sheet to not get hay everywhere. My husband has remarked that he likes the power steering assist at low speeds

Did I get hosed on my loan or pay too much? Possibly. Probably. But I do feel that I am getting full value for my money with this vehicle and would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Anyone know if I can get the TSB 04-08-67-009 fix done? It’s the air shield for the sunroof, but I do not know if I have enough space between the sunroof and the XM antenna.

SnowCat
    '04 Malibu Maxx 'Crow'
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    About the TSB- I have the sedan (2004 LT) with XM, but as you know the front half of the sedan and the Maxx are pretty much identical. The answer is yes about there being enough space between the sunroof and the XM antenna. Ours fits nicely, even leaving an inch or three between the forward edge of the deflector and the rearmost part of the antenna.

I agree with your husband about the power assist on these cars at lower speeds. But I think it could use a bit more assist at higher speeds. Here in the NC mountains there are quite a few twisty roads and the 'bu feels a bit strange. It handles fine, but the steering feels a bit heavy. Probably a result of GM trying to please all the magazine reviewers that think every car has to feel like there's NO assist (otherwise referred to as road-feel, feedback, etc.). I personally have found that a bit more assist actually helps a lot in the tighter turns (keeps it smoother, imo).

Anyway, I've had a few more problems with my sedan than you've had with your Maxx, but thanks to a good local dealership service department most of my issues have been dealt with promptly. And I agree 100%- I LOVE these cars. (Wish I could get the styling from the '06es though. :P )
    great review....same here...except..almost 37K on my car...bought in Mar 04 with a 2/17/04 build date..built on a Tues!....no problems at all with mine...small rattle in the dome light...but I normally dont hear it with XM playing...lots of highway time on my Maxx...VA to SC and about to make three of those trips this month (sept) !!!....and commuting long distance for the last two months...averaging almost 1K a week on the car....that ends in another three weeks..yea!!!!...switched to synthetic motor oil...I love this car....the comfort, the ease of driving, the versatility etc......good job GM......I know there are some lemons out there as well....but overall...I think this is a nice solid car....

cheers!
    great review....same here...except..almost 37K on my car...bought in Mar 04 with a 2/17/04 build date..built on a Tues!....no problems at all with mine...small rattle in the dome light...but I normally dont hear it with XM playing...lots of highway time on my Maxx...VA to SC and about to make three of those trips this month (sept) !!!....and commuting long distance for the last two months...averaging almost 1K a week on the car....that ends in another three weeks..yea!!!!...switched to synthetic motor oil...I love this car....the comfort, the ease of driving, the versatility etc......good job GM......I know there are some lemons out there as well....but overall...I think this is a nice solid car....

go back to msg 3777 and I have a link posted..you can see the shield installed with the XM and Onstar Antenna....

cheers!
    the only thing I *really* wish I had that I do not now is a 5 speed transmission. I out horsepower my husband's car, but he just blows my doors off with the extra gear (and the manumatic shift, but that's coming in the SS/CrosssCountry)

SnowCat
    '04 Malibu Maxx 'Crow'
  • cwesleygcwesleyg Member Posts: 64
    I had to lay off my palace guard as well. My royal hands are way to delicate for such menial labor. LOL...

I have run my Maxx through a brushless (not touchless) car wash 6-7 times and the antenna has been fine. Do check it periodically to make sure it does not come lose though. My Siverado had the same antenna and never broke or bent. It did work lose once. I wouldn't sweat it much though.

If you have a touchless automatic car wash, you might give it a try. We have one west of us that works amazingly well. Although I remember putting my 1972 GS Skylark through one of the original ones back in 1985. It was the carwash's grand opening and they were giving free carwashes all day. My brother and I pulled in and went through. We laughed so hard after going through because it didn't seem to remove anything in the way of dirt or bird droppings... We rolled down the window and rolled away thinking it was so hilarious... we were probably not in our right minds at that moment come to think of it... maybe it was not that funny... it was 1985 after all... no open container laws...
  • beedublubeedublu Member Posts: 236
    My silver 04 Maxx LS just turned one year old yesterday. And I love it more now than when I drove it home for the first time.

It now has just over 13,000 miles on the odometer, which includes 4 round trips of about 1,000 mi. between western NY state and Danbury, CT plus an 800 mile trip to Columbus, OH.

MPG average has been just over 26! Stop-and-go driving in the winter (with much use of the remote start) drags it down to around 22 MPG, and the Ohio trip, with AC on at a steady 65 mph yielded 34 MPG.

The only repair issues:

1) Loose emission hose causing Check Engine light to remain lit
    2) Fuel gauge reading only 3/4 full even when topped; fuel tank replacement solved problem
    3) Defective electrical connection to right front turn signal lamp

Also, the cruise control still disengages erratically but I've sort of learned to live with it. The dealer (who seems to have a really well-run, competent service department) can't duplicate the problem.

Overall, my Maxx is a pleasure to drive. Quiet, powerful, comfortable, spacious.
  • drejdrej Member Posts: 119
    Hi
    I have the XM, and cellphone option with the wind-ventshade installed thru warranty on the top and it fits fine and does make it less noisy you will see, just loose anout 3 to 4" of bright sky when its nice out because of the tinted shade they put on ... and it looks removable:
    D~ with an 05 maxx LT
  • drejdrej Member Posts: 119
    Was on a business trip and someone stole my Key & KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE KEY FOB . Is this- one with a chip in the key? Has anyone replaced or duplicated thiers yet? cost? THANKS in Advance. D~
  • e2helpere2helper Member Posts: 1,002
    Sorry to hear that. Yes that is a smart key with a transponder in it. I purchased a replacement key from a local locksmith for a similar vehicle and it cost about $40. Not sure about key fob but in order to get a new key fob to work you will need to take vehicle to dealer anyways - with a new key you can program it yourself assuming you stll have a key that will start the vehicle.
  • makkmakk Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I picked up my new 2005 Maxx LS on Aug 22, 2005. It runs great but I do have two issues/concerns.

1. When viewing the car from behind the rear right side seems lower than the real left.
    2. Roof rattles when driving on a rough or bumpy road.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

Thx u,
    Makk
    are apparently fairly common on Maxx's.

The domelight is held to the center roof strut by a magnet that is loosely mounted within the domelight. The magnet lets the light rattle around it.

If you or friendly service tech removes the light, you / they can glue magnet properly to light body, remount, and enjoy a quieter car.

Also, headrest mounts in the seats can rattle as well..loose plastic against metal.
  • tallmugtallmug Member Posts: 10
    I just bought a new key and key fob from a chevy dealership. The key does have the security chip in it, so you will need to replace it and get it programmed. The key and programming cost $27. I bought a key fob for $14 off of ebay new. When I had my key cut and programmed, they programmed the fob for free. Hope this helps out--

tallmug
  • redmaxxredmaxx Member Posts: 627
    I have the same problem with my Auto Volume. It seems tied to the whether or not the radio can get information about the current song. If I listen to a station with RDS data (shows station name, song name, etc...) I can press the Auto Volume button and adjust the setting. If I listen to a station without it, I can't. I took it to my dealer but, even with clear, step by step directions on how to reproduce, they totally misunderstood my problem. :sick:
  • maxx4usmaxx4us Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know when the 06's will be in showrooms. You can't even build one yet on the Chevy website???
  • tim10tim10 Member Posts: 15
    A dealership here in NW PA has a standard Malibu '06 on their lot. Looks great with the new front bumper, and they have a sharp looking square GM logo on the side doors as well. It's very odd to see the base models listed as LS now. The sticker price a base with ABS is still about $1500 less than the base with no ABS was last year.

I hope that they extend the employee pricing to 05 and 06 models for Sept. Of course the way things work and with the rebates, the best time to buy an 06 probably won't be until at least the middle of winter.
  • indisweindiswe Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the reply remaxx. I also seemed to notice some relationship with the RDS stations or not, but didn't quite make the full connection. Sometimes if I don't want to go through my presets to find an RDS, I just go to the CD player, switch the auto volume, then back to radio. A hassle yes, but oh well.
  • blucheezblucheez Member Posts: 9
    Yeah, I've been dying to build one on the website. Can't decide if I want to spend the extra dough to get the SS. Once I start adding airbags and spoiler to the baase Maxx LT, I wonder if it's just better to bump up to the SS which has it standard. But the poorer fuel economy is a minus.

I'm curious how much better the SS steering is. I test drove a 2005 LT a few weeks ago and loved the roominess and acceleration but couldn't figure out what was happening with the steering.
    I found that removing the stereo fuse for a few minutes fixed the problem for a little while.
  • juswheelsjuswheels Member Posts: 42
    We purchased our 2005 in June. Yes, at first the steering is different. The very first week we owned it, we took it on a trip, (800 miles). Within a few hours, I got accustomed to the steering and found it to be effortless and very precise. Hope this helps. For what it's worth, saw my first 2006, SS version, just yesterday. Really liked the new front but as was noted it doesn't get the MPG that the standard Maxx does. With gas going nuts, I'm not sure I would have picked it. I would like to think, I would, but in the end perhaps common sense would have prevailed. :):):)
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    I also don't mind the steering at all, although the car is slightly sensitive to road irregularities or poorly crowned roads.
  • chowderchowder Member Posts: 1
    :) Just rounding out week 2 on my new used 04 Maxx LT, it has to be the best purchase I have ever made on a vehicle. The kids love the dvd player and sky light.
    Although sad about trading in my Suburban, happy about the gas mileage. Noticed the recall info on the sunroof noise, making my way to the dealership to pick up my extra key on order, so I will definately ask about this one. It has been over 10 years since we have had a car, we were SUV drivers in the past. I am happy to report that my 6'4" husband fits and approves! I am looking forward to many miles of cruising around in my little green maxx.
    I read someone say that the steering actually helped w/ the gas milage but I have no idea how that could be.

I live in the city and would need to parallel park a lot. The car is pretty long. Does the enhanced steering help or hurt when parallel parking?
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    Electric steering means no power robbing belts. The steering varies with the speed of the car.
  • e2helpere2helper Member Posts: 1,002
    Yes, when you are cruising down the highway the Electrical-Assist Power steering is hardly using up any power. For parallel parking the Electrical-Assist system is probably easier to maneuver due to high assist is gives at low speeds.
  • prdmprdm Member Posts: 145
    I too was wary of the electric steering when considering the Maxx and on a test drive, maneuvering out of a tight spot, was surprised at how light the steering effort was (fingertip light). If that light effort remained at speed it could prove disastrous but it firms up nicely. This is perfect for city driving. I suspect hydraulic steering may join the mechanical choke as an historical artifact in a few years.
  • madmadammadmadam Member Posts: 55
    Congratulations on your new maxx--I saw a green one while vacationing in Ohio--it's a beautiful color. (Mine's gold "Light Driftwood").
    I have had my 2004 LS for 14 months--and I'm very happy with it. I also regularly drive a 6'4" man, a friend and her wheelchair, and a tall teen-ager--all very comfortably. My mileage has improved even in my usual city driving--good thing since gas prices are so high. Happy and safe driving!
    I keep going back and forth in trying to figure out if it's worth the extra couple of grand to get the Maxx SS as opposed to the LT. Once matching the SS's spoiler, power seats, and side impact bags onto the LT, it looks like it's about a $1800 difference. So that's close to $2000 for an additional 40 HP and a tighter suspension. Is the SS THAT much better? That performance doesn't seem too significant an increase; I imagine I wouldn't even notice it. Also, the interior is so dark, and I'm partial to the cashmere interior.

If I was gonna spend the extra money, I might as well get the Charger SXT over the Maxx SS. It's got fold down rear seats, 10 more horses and the same fuel economy. It also looks bad [non-permissible content removed]. I thought it was too macho for my wife but she digs it. AND it comes in more colors than just black, silver and blue!
    I've had my 04 Maxx LS for just over a year and 14000 miles now...and I love the electric steering, no matter what they say about it.

And the gas mileage rocks: 26.7 in a mix of long trips & stop and go.
  • crosby1crosby1 Member Posts: 23
    One thing to look out for if you consider the Charger is the MPG. It is a much heavier car. Heavy cars cost disproportionately more in stop and go driving as it takes more energy to get the extra weight up to speed. Do not rely on EPA numbers as they many times are not accurate. Consumer Reports tests on the very similar Chrysler 300 for gas mileage or going to other Edmund forums of Charger/300/Magnum owners might provide good info on actual MPG.
    If someone else were picking up the tab for gas the Hemi Charger would sure tempt me.
    Yeah, gas is a big issue. The Charger is also a foot longer, which makes parking in the city tough. I'm surprised the SS Maxx doesn't get better fuel economy than they have listed, considering it's engine isn't that much larger. I think it has to do with the gearing. I'd assume it would get better highway mileage if it had a 5 speed too.

The more I think about it and the more I look at my bank account, the LT looks like it's enough for me. BUT I won't be buying until I get my X-Mas bonus some time in March of 2006. I'll have plenty of time to change my mind... again and again. By that time there'll probably be plenty of reviews too.
    With respect. (Part of this is just for fun) My previous car was a Ford Taurus. 160 HP - I freely admit that on steep grades, in the mountains, it was badly underpowered but around town, it was fine. My new Maxx has 200 HP and has all the power I need, even in the mountains. I'm very impressed with it's performance and handling. I believe the new SS has an additional 40 HP. Although I'm not sure what would be considered good MPG for 240 HP, I would tend to think, the Maxx SS would turn in a respectable mileage.

Now for the fun part !! You mention having to spend time in a city where parking & traffic is a problem. If so and with all respect, what are you going to do with 240 HP, out race the competition to the next available parking space ? I can picture it now. The Maxx SS and Charger at opposite ends of the block. Brief Case and Coffee cup neatly in place, - Without warning - Tires screeching, Rubber burning they race head-on towards the only available parking spot. - (Ouch) :) .

Seriously, I've had the same problem. You have to decide what vehicle you NEED and balance that against what vehicle you WANT. If need and want happen to match, game over, you've won. Try your best but chances are they won't match. In my case, when our 2nd child was born, I had to make that exact decision. I was driving a Mustang Mach I and to this day I remember the feeling when I traded it. For - Are you ready for this - A station wagon !!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry: You have no idea what it's like to go from, Young and Happy to plain Boring and Old in just one day ;) Have fun choosing.
    I was driving a Mustang Mach I and to this day I remember the feeling when I traded it.

This made me laugh. I had that same feeling (sort of) when I traded my Thunderbird for my Maxx, which was my first four door and my first hatchback. Goodbye, style -- hello practicality.

But you know what? I love practicality. No more humongous, heavy doors slamming on my leg as I try to get in or out with the car parked on an incline. No more apologizing to rear seat passengers for the cramped, hard-to-reach accomodations. No more high insurance bills just because the 'Bird was treated like a "sports car" (not!).

There are two sides to every story.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    ....more than two sides, I'd say. In fact, the stories keep on comin'....here's another: My friend showed off his new Diesel Jetta to me. Nice car, but it is still a grocery getter. I liked the fact that you can just barely depress the signal device when changing lanes, and it will flash the signal lights 4 times without you having to hold the device down (clever). That allows you to keep your hands on the wheel longer. It also had great leg room up front, and a great look inside and out. We then sat in the back seat where my friend quickly pointed out how great the leg room was (he has been in my Maxx many times and knows that rear seat leg room is very important to me when I spend my hard earned money on a car with 4 doors). I quickly reminded him that I scooted the passenger seat up before getting in the back seat.......his car was not (Maxx) impressive for back seat legroom. He then showed me the cheesy small door pass through to the trunk, and the huge trunk itself. I lamented that it sure was nice to have such a huge trunk to hold one's umbrella!! The final nail in the coffin were the doors......they are typical VW doors, weighing a million pounds. While that provides for a nice solid sound when closing, it also satisfies your daily exercise routine when opening and closing them. Furthermore, since they are so heavy, they are notchy on the hinge, and are inclined to bash into the parked car next to you, and can easily crush your legs as the hinges push the doors in on you.
    Once again, the Maxx is a much better car. The versatility is simply unmatched, and even the extra wide opening doors, which are all too often taken for granted by the people on this chat page, are a delight to open, close, and enter through. OK, who's the next competitor?
  • madmaxxmadmaxx Member Posts: 44
    Did you compare insurance costs?

VW's are generally much higher on insurance......just another side to the story.

MadMaxx
    Thanks for the word. Sorry to hear about losing the Mach I.

Some context:

I've been living in Hoboken NJ (just outside NYC) for 10 years with no car. That's right, from 25-35 years old with no car. I sold my Volvo 740 Turbo wagon when I moved here. I get everywhere I need to go either on foot, bike, bus or subway, supplemented by the occasional rental car.

My wife and I just had our second child in 1 1/2 years and we're going stir crazy! The car will probably only be used on weekends and it'll be for LOOONG road trips to get out of the city. Mountains, beach, Grandma's house etc. And to strap my bike on for some dirt trails.

But from what everyone is saying it sounds like the Maxx LT is more than adequate for what I'd need. Then I can use the money I save to pay for my kid's nanny, day care, school, clothes, college...
    The Mach I was a long time ago but over the years, I believe it was my favorite car. The wagon was an Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser with a 455 motor. Only had it a short time when the 70's gas crunch hit - Big as an Elephant plus the 455 only got about 8 MPG, & that made for an interesting time. Didn't feel badly when that tank got traded. :)

I think you'll be very satisfied with the Maxx, I know I am. Keep in mind that you can purchase an LS with everything but leather and 17 inch tires for around $1,500 to $2,000 less than the LT. Leather is a little easier to keep clean with small children so it might be worth the extra $$$. Since you have small children, my one piece of advice would be to consider getting the DVD player. It's a little pricey but, trust me, it will save your sanity on long trips. By the way, with kids, long trips are anything over 30 minutes - :)

The DVD is about the only option we didn't get on ours. Our kids are grown and out of the house so it didn't seem worthwhile to purchase an option we would never use.
  • comaxxcomaxx Member Posts: 2
    Did a google search this morning for "check dab" and found this forum. What a treasure! I bought my 2005 Maxx LS in March. Two days later (with 147 miles on it) someone turned in front of me, and I had my first wreck in nearly 40 years of driving (I've never even been pulled over by the police). After six weeks of driving a rental and $12,000 in repairs to the front end (all paid by his insurance), I finally got my Maxx back. So far, so good.
    My only complaint has been the sharp angle of headrests, but I found the solution here. I immediately ran to the garage to switch the front and back headrests, and the results are perfect! Thanks so much. :D
    Leather is a little easier to keep clean with small children so it might be worth the extra $$$.

Except that Chevy didn't use leather on the entire seat, only the outside edges. The inner part of the seat is UltraLux suede. I guess that is probably easier to clean as well (my dealer should know they keep getting gunk on it :mad: ) but you don't get the full benefits of leather.

Something else to check for is to compare the cloth and leather seats. I found the leather ones more comfortable.
    Yeah, i wonder if the "Ultra Lux" is another word for "Ultra Suede". We have a couch in ultrasuede and it's pretty easy to clean. Liquids stay on the surface and don't get absorbed too badly. Also, our cats can't really tear it, although they do occasionally put nicks in it with claws when we're not around.

I was checking the Malibu site and saw that the LTZ now has 17" rims. That sound like a worthy upgrade. Too bad the SS doesn't have a 5 speed. Maybe in 2007? Still waiting for the local Chevy dealer to get the 2006s in stock.

Anybody have OnStar? Can you get an insurance discount if you have it?
  • maxxolivermaxxoliver Member Posts: 78
    I have Onstar and get a discount with Allstate not sure exactly how much but every little bit helps. And everyone who rides in my car loves the hands free phone.
    I have the leather interior also and love it I have so far had no trouble keeping it clean. I do believe that the ultralux is ultrasuede. I did have the perma-plate done by the dealer inside and out when I bought it and that helps too.