Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gh0905gh0905 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I got a quote of $26,500 for 2010 CRV EX-L 4WD (no financing). I live in NYS (8.65% tax), any thoughts as to whether this is a reasonable price?

Thanks!
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    For that price I would look at a Subaru Forester Limited with a real AWD systwm.
  • godzillygodzilly Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I'm looking at a new 2010 CR-V but also considering a used 2009.

Any thoughts on the price ($3-4 K) differential and pros & cons?
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    very good price..good job..!!!!
  • hydrahydra Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone,

We just purchased our new CR-V EX!
    This was my very FIRST time ever negotiating with a dealership and I'd like all your opinions on how I did??...Did I get a good deal?...What do u all think?

I live in NH and my final OTD price was 24,300...My husband thinks I did really well, I think I did just average.

CR-V Ex- 23,323
    Des.Ch. 710
    Dlr. Fees 240
    Title 27
    Total $24,300
    How'd I do?
    Thanx,
    Carol
    was this CRV a 2WD or 4WD?
  • hydrahydra Member Posts: 2
    oh Duh...It is the 4wd
    thanks--good deal
  • ravisinharavisinha Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote of 22,500 + tax, title, license from a Honda dealer in Irving TX. This is for a 2010 CRV 2WD EX Opal Sage Metallic with tint, pin stripes, honda pro package and cargo tray. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Thanks
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    got my wife for $28115 incl. destination + tax
    edited July 2010
    sounds like a good price, I went out today here in Florida, and they giving around a $2,000 reduction...good job on the quote--I'd say go for it, unless you can wait till the end of the year.
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    Kinda expensive for a wife isn't it? I got mine for $22000 out-the-door with free in-laws and 20 year 200K mile extended warranty. :):):):)
  • carshopperjulcarshopperjul Member Posts: 3
    I am also shopping for a CR-V EX/L in Irving area. Was this a in-person quote or you got it on email? What is the honda pro package as I did not see any such options.
    Thanks for your help
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Kinda expensive for a wife isn't it? I got mine for $22000 out-the-door with free in-laws and 20 year 200K mile extended warranty.

Ha ha ha, I got my wife for free, but she came with a Mazda 3, so we had to swap..... :blush:
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2010
    Does she cost a fortune to maintain?

I meant the Mazda 3. :P
    Does she cost a fortune to maintain?

I meant the Mazda 3.

Not so much the cost, but the difficulty of getting under the bonnet....

to get to the filter cartridge...

Yes, Mazda 3 uses filter cartridge instead of spin on filter.
  • shackmshackm Member Posts: 9
    $25,100 +TTL & 3.5%/72 Months with Honda Financing

Fourth Honda, but 1st CRV. 24 MPG on first tank with mixed driving and breaking it in like I stole it!

Happy so far!
  • tseinsftseinsf Member Posts: 1
    One of the dealer in the Bayarea CA. give me a quote 22,500 + tax and fee. Do you think this is a good deal?
  • bk_all_daybk_all_day Member Posts: 3
    Subtotal: $25,400
    +$780 Destination
    +$2254.25 Tax
    +$250 Inspection/Registration/Plates
    Total: $28,684.25

Color: Charcoal Exterior, Black Leather Interiod
    I just made this purchase yesterday, is this a good deal?
  • shackmshackm Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    I felt good about my deal: 2010 CRV EX-L 2WD/ No Nav for 25,100.

IMO you got a good deal, and I'm kicking myself for not working a little harder with mine!
  • laurilalaurila Member Posts: 18
    I paid 25600 for 2010 EXL and Navigation, 28000 Out The Door with TTL and fees
    Thanks for the response. Keep in mind that pricing differs depending on the geographical location of the dealership, so we might have both done ok.
    Thanks for the response. Compared to my price, you got an absolutely insane deal, 28k including navi is amazing. Im in NY, I have to assume that you are in a state with very low taxes. Could you elaborate on how you negotiated such a spectacular deal? I am certain I could not get EXL w/Navi for less then 30k OTD in NY.
  • accardiaccardi Member Posts: 11
    looking for honda crv EXL out the door price where should i be i am in newyork longisland
  • patrecepatrece Member Posts: 7
    After internet shopping from Nassau to Suffolk, the best price I received was from Nardy Honda in Smithtown via the internet. They were honest, what they quoted was THE PRICE. The Internet Mgr. had the quote, I sat down, no add'lt add on's, and I purchased the vehicle. No sales pitch, no pressure, it was the easiest purchase of a vehicle that I have ever made. I did get a very good price from another dealership, however, upon reading www.dealerrater.com, their reputation was not stellar and the complaints were enough to steer me to Nardy. Go to this website and you'll see the wonderful experience people have had with this dealership. For me, it sealed the deal. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • jackhorrejackhorre Member Posts: 2
    Want to share the price you got, in NJ the best I have been quoted for a CRV EX-L 4WD is $28,100. Wondering is any better deals are available with other dealers.

thanks
  • goriotfgoriotf Member Posts: 1
    Accesories added:
    mud guards
    trunk tray
    leather steering wheel
    roof rack
    decor package

Out the door price of $25,964.39 in Everett, WA. I think I got a fair deal. The first two dealers that I dealt with were very good and easy to deal with. Had a little showstopper during the last phase with the finance guy. He was trying too hard to get me in to their in-house dealer financing. He tried to pull a trick on me when he said I will pay a lower monthly than what I will pay from my credit union when in fact he was just extending the number of months from 60 months to 72 months. Other than that, overall it was smooth, although the whole transaction still took me about 4 hours (including the test drive)
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Go to Honda Toms River. I purchase a 2010 CR-V EX-L (March) for $25,858.00 before taxes, and other b/s that is added. Your being taken for a ride if you pay $28,100.00.
  • snorlax0930snorlax0930 Member Posts: 6
    I CANT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT YOU GUYS PAYING FOR A HONDA CRV, ARE YOU GUYS EVEN TRYING TO DEAL. THIS SUV IS NOT LUXURY. :mad:
  • snorlax0930snorlax0930 Member Posts: 6
    OVERPAYED BAD DEAL
  • finadvfinadv Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    That would be over"paid." Use the spell checker.

PS. A RAV4 "IS NOT LUXURY" EITHER. OVERPAID AT $22K.
  • pandauspandaus Member Posts: 2
    i got a quote for CR-V LX for out the door price 22453 and EX out the door price for 24792. i am in los angeles. any one think those are good deals? or is there any chance to get lower price?
  • roberta47roberta47 Member Posts: 9
    I bought a 2010 CR-V EX 4WD in New York today for:
    $23752.00 including destination
    add: tire tax $12.50
    License, title, registration (new plates) $181.50
    Inspection $10.00
    Doc fee $75.00
    plus tax
    I financed through Honda at 2.9% financing.
  • xsssssss1xsssssss1 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Just bought a new CR-V LX. OTD price is $22100 in DFW area (including some dealer's add on options). The dealer also recommended Carefree Car protection warranty (8 yrs/120000 miles) provided by Fidelity, which is platinum and covers almost everything. But I have to pay $1500 for the extended warranty. I have never bought any extended warranty before, has anyone here bought it? is it useful? What is the experience about it? Thax.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Search here on Edmunds for Honda extended warranty, i think you'll find some information on how to get a warranty that will be much cheaper.
  • uzitouzito Member Posts: 11
    Forget about any 3rd party extended warranty. If you live outside of California and Florida, then Honda Care would costs much less if purchased thru any of the online dealers (Hyannis Honda, Bernardi Auto Group, Saccucci Honda and others). 8y/120k/$0 deductible plans are ~$1070 (or a bit less) and you'll pay no sales tax.
    You can service your car at any US Honda Dealer.
  • pmzpmz Member Posts: 26
    just traded in my 2006 Civic Hybrid for the CR-V. Hard to measure the real out the door price as you are negotiating both the cost of the CR-V and the value of the HCH. But I targeted TMV for my region and paid a few hundo more than that. However the dealer gave me a sweet price for the HCH (about $2K more than my best other offer) so I am pleased.

BTW what color is exactly the urban titanium? Brown? Silver? Gray???
  • xsssssss1xsssssss1 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    The Urban Titanium is a kind of brown color with a little bit darker. You can find what the color exactly is from edmunds.com or Honda's home page.
    It is a good color. In our case, we picked up polished metal.
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    I am shopping for a CRV-LX or CRV-EX 2WD, in the Bay Area, got 2 quotes but I think they are high (LX 22.5K) and (EX @24K). Anyone have any experiences with local dealers they want to share

:shades:
    Thanks
  • jackhorrejackhorre Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, forgot to clarify, the $28,100 is out of door price for EX-L, 4WD without NAV and no other add-ons (well, just the wheel locks), the car price is around $25,600.

Is it still good, or can I do better. This is in Northern NJ.
  • loveshondasloveshondas Member Posts: 1
    I didn't buy carefree protection but I did buy an extended warranty for my 2001 Honda. I never used it. Never needed it. It cost me $1000. Wouldn't recommend buying extended warranty for Honda. They are just too good a car.
    I CANT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT YOU GUYS PAYING FOR A HONDA CRV, ARE YOU GUYS EVEN TRYING TO DEAL. THIS SUV IS NOT LUXURY.

A bare bones CR-V LX 2WD at $20,000 is still a better deal than a bare bones RAV4 2WD, since it really is a bare bone. I believe it has been shown that even brakes on Toyotas are optional. :P
  • vkasikvkasik Member Posts: 6
    first time buyer...While i have researched on edmunds on the do's and dont's of buying a certified used car, it would be helpful to get an idea from fellow customers suc as you...

Anybody think the below is a reasonable deal ?
    Particulars:
    2009 Honda CRV LX AWD pre-owned ~25000 miles on it.
    Dealer suggested retail price : $19596
    Rate: 300 per month for 48 months.
    Down payment : 5000
    Trading in my 93 toyota corrola for $800
    If my math is right, then it would come to : 300*48 + 5000 - 800 = $18600 + $289 document fee + $125 title re-use(from my toyota corolla) + tax.
  • hjusmlehjusmle Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am interested in getting a CR-V LX 4WD. any suggestions on dealership in the Chicago area. Also, How much are the extra fees in addition to the car price, e.g. doc fee, etc.

Much appreciated.
  • roberta47roberta47 Member Posts: 9
    Seems high for a used CRV LX 4WD. I'd try to get it down closer to $18,500. Check used prices at nadaguides.com and kbb.com. I think a lot of the pre-owned CRVs on the lots right now may have been rental cars :( Hope you get a good deal!
    Hi...Thanks for the response...I forgot to mention that my offer price on it that i intend to negotiate is in the $18500 range.
    So, assuming this, my negotiated rate would be in the range of $260 per month for 48 months with the already mentioned down payment and the trade-in.

Also, this car is specified as as a fleet vehicle in the carfax. But, the overall, there is no report of any issue. This probably explains the mileage on the car of 2009 (in 1 year, the mileage is currently at 25000 !)
    Generally speaking, is there a risk in buying a fleet vehicle ?
    Also, what happens to the factory warranty since they are typically 3yrs/36000 miles whichevere comes first and this car already has run for 25000 miles in the first year.
  • the_fredsterthe_fredster Member Posts: 10
    What dealership in NY did you work with?
    Its a dealer in MA. Honda Gallery at North Reading MA
    Hi. How is it relevant to the questions that I asked ?
    Hi...Thanks for the response...I forgot to mention that my offer price on it that i intend to negotiate is in the $18500 range.
    So, assuming this, my negotiated rate would be in the range of $260 per month for 48 months with the already mentioned down payment and the trade-in.

Also, this car is specified as as a fleet vehicle in the carfax. But, the overall, there is no report of any issue. This probably explains the mileage on the car of 2009 (in 1 year, the mileage is currently at 25000 !)
    Generally speaking, is there a risk in buying a fleet vehicle ?
    Also, what happens to the factory warranty since they are typically 3yrs/36000 miles whichevere comes first and this car already has run for 25000 miles in the first year

Is the $1,500 you would save over new worth it?

Wait until September 15th, when the 2011 roll onto dealer's floors, and you should be able to negotiate a "left over" 2010" CR-V Lx 4WD for $19,500 or less.

Sell the Corolla privately, there is always a need for beater cars. Put it on Craigslist for $1500 and see how fast it sells.