Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• killerdrgnkillerdrgn Member Posts: 5
    I would say to try to go for 18,000 to 19,000
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    I LOVE IT.....!!!

THIS IS THE POSTER CHILD WAY TO BUY A CAR, IF THIS ANGLE WAS USED OVER & OVER THE SALESMEN WOULD STOP WEARING TOO MUCH HAIR GEL, AND SMOKING BAD CIGARETTES...AND ACT PROFESSIONAL ONCE IN A WHILE....WAY TO GO LAURILA...!!!!!!!
  • julie_dealsjulie_deals Member Posts: 1
    i just bought 2010 CR-V EXL 4WD at DCH Honda Paramus, NJ.

My price with destination fee of $780 was $25900. No navigation. In addition to this price, you have to pay documentation fee $249, NJ tax (7%), registration fee ($299), and tire tax ($7.50).

I could have done better if came on last day of the month. However I spent 1 week to seek and decide.
  • thepinkelefantthepinkelefant Member Posts: 2
    Any idea on the latest prices for the CR-V LX in Greensboro/Charlotte NC region ?

Honda is giving deals on Accord and the best price I got was 20,800 OTD for 2010 Accord LX-P. Thats a good deal compared to the TMV value at edmunds.
    that too at 1.9 APR !!

Want to see if I get the same kind of deal on a CRV-LX.
    Still torn between the CRV and Accord :-(

Pat
  • happyhonda1happyhonda1 Member Posts: 1
    I went into the dealer for a 2010 EX-L 2WD. Negotiated price ($25,300) and special trade-in incentive ( for '97 CRV) over the phone prior to going in. I ended up getting a 2011 EX-L 4WD for the SAME negotiated price with just a little less on my trade-in. Only paid $280 for destination, plus regular tax (6%), tags registration, etc., a tailgate spoiler and door visors. AND, I got the 2010 incentive 1.9% financing. I got out the door with $25,474 with the old trade-in. I think I did pretty good. :)
  • mickangelomickangelo Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2011 HONDA CR-V SE for 23211 before any tax. No rebates available but I was able to lock down 1.9% financing for the duration of a 60 month loan. Is this a good deal??? From what I see on Edmunds it is according to TMV but a previous poster but between 18000 and 19000 which seemed way low to me. Any help would be appreciated. All said and done payment comes to 347 monthly.
  • whchuangwhchuang Member Posts: 6
    Hi we got it from SFhonda.com. No I haven't found a better price since.. You might want to also try "Steve Hopkinds Fairfield Honda" or "Larry Hopkins Honda (Sunnyvale)", they might have good price too
    personally I think 23211 "before tax" is a bit high. I was getting 2011 SE with 23xxx "out of the door" here in SF Bay area...(cash and no financing)
  • logitraxlogitrax Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2010
    I picked up a 2011 EX AWD for $23,888 yesterday (incl. destination).
  • fiveo1fiveo1 Member Posts: 4
    Wow you worked hard for that deal. I did all my research online. Internet managers contacted me with their best deals. I went to the dealer with the lowest bid, signed the papers and left with my 2011 CRV EXL AWD OTD for $25,300. Ive been using this method for the last 3 CRVs with the same results. PAINLESS.
  • gabycolgabycol Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a 2011 CRV EXL. I got a quote from a dealer of $27,900 and I would like to find a deal like yours. Can you tell me where you got this CRV?

Thanks.
  • tricia6tricia6 Member Posts: 8
    I have a cost of $22,900 for 2010 CRV EX at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA. This cost includes destination charge of $780.00 -- other charges are state sales tax (6.25%) $1,431.25, title prep of $125 & doc fee of $298 -- total "out the door" is $24,754.25. As well, 1.9% financing from Honda. Not sure it's the best deal ever -- but, I think it's pretty good.
    Sure. Millennium Honda in Hemstead NY. Talk to Paul Weinberger in internet sales.
  • mrashy2004mrashy2004 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, Great deal. I thought the invoice price was around $25,700.

What dealer did you go to?

Thanks you.
    That's a VERY good price. If you look at truecar.com you will also notice that the price continue to slide down.... oh boy... after you bought the car it's depreciating every day like crazy...
  • gabycolgabycol Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I called Paul and he gave me quote of $27,500. Not sure how he gave that quote.
  • misterfunkymisterfunky Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I am currently in the market for a 2011 Honda CR-V EX-L (No Nav). I am wondering if the prices I am getting are good. So far I received the following:

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD

--------------------------------
    Purchase:
    28675.00 Sticker
    27730.00 Sales price
    1941.10 tax (7%)
    199. doc fee
    300. dmv fee (registration)
    7.50 tire tax

1,9% Financing comes to $484/month
    --------------------------------
    Lease: 36 months, 36k miles.
    Residual $17492
    Money factor .000710
    $354-364/month

(Residual should be 66%, but the above
    comes to 63% (17492/28675) I assume there are other fees
    such as disposition and taxes that are not clear here)

I plan on financing only the car, none of the tax, fees, etc...
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    I will help you buy a Subaru Forester Limited for, Consumer Reports recommended small SUV, for $25600 that has the same features as the CR-V. It even has a more sophisticated AWD, better visibility and the same high residual. Money factor on the Honda lease seems vey high.
    edited November 2010
    Yeah when you drive off the lot it loses value right away. Not sure what your gettin at. Thats the price you pay when you can afford a brand new car. And true car still shows $26,353 as its best price. I paid wayyy less than that. OHHH BOY!
    When he called I was shocked as well. Had him send me the quote via Email to back it up. True, no other dealer came close. I diidnt hesitate, and bought the car within 1 hour after he sent the email. I guess they were lookin to sell a car, and i was in the right place right time!
  • la_southbayla_southbay Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for either a 2010 or 2011 CRV EX-L 2WD w/Nav. Haven't gotten quotes yet, but wondering:

-What kind of OTD quotes are peope getting in the LA area?
    -Just found out AAA has a new car buying service. Did they negotiate good prices?

thanks
  • basic_galbasic_gal Member Posts: 1
    $25,300 seems to be about the standard pre-negotiated internet pricing for a 2011 CR-V EX-L 4WD w/o NAV if you go through a range of companies. I haven't seen a better deal, but have only been looking for a week and of course that assumes they have what you are looking on the lot.
  • pebble123pebble123 Member Posts: 36
    2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD
    Sell price: 27000
    Gross Cap: 28227
    Lease: 36 months, 36k miles.
    Residual: 61%
    Money factor: 0.000710
    $330.65/mo
  • kaorae16kaorae16 Member Posts: 2
    You CAN get a lower price!

Check invoice....

I am picking my 2010 Honda EX-L AWD car on monday.... got it for $24,900. (Plus tax, title and fees).

Play hardball.

Pit the dealers against one another.

Invoice is $25,802. You can do it!
  • rkn1974rkn1974 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    In MD, I got CR-V 2011 SE FWD for $22000 OTD. This includes dealer installed options, which they claim costs $1000. They are wheel locks, cargo mat, door pads, mud guards, nitrogen filled etc. The tax is @ 6%, which is included. I got 1.9% for 5 years or 0.9% for 3 years options.
  • mrvumrvu Member Posts: 1
    Kaorae16

Where did u go to get that price?
    2010 Honda EX-L AWD car on monday.... got it for $24,900.
    (Plus tax, title and fees).
    The lowest I got dealers in WA to go was 26,600.
  • ram_dallasram_dallas Member Posts: 4
    Hi - I received a quote for 2010 Honda CR-V FWD EX-L with Navi for $27500 (out the door). Is this a good deal? Here is the breakout:
    Price offered: 24775
    Dest: 780
    TTL:1950
  • kontai69kontai69 Member Posts: 1
    That is a pretty good price. I also bought a 2011 SE Fwd and paid $23700 OTD (purchase price was $21,450) in Northern California. Bought it through the dealer's internet manager. I did pay cash for the car, so maybe that is why you got a better deal. Interestingly, Edmund's TMV price at the time of purchase (10/30/2010) was $22,600, so I'm glad I didn't just walk into the showroom and offered that to the salesman.
  • krishkkrishk Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    hi all,
    i am in the process of buying a crv. The best quote i got (after pitting dealers against each other) is an OTD price of $28,950.00. This is for a 2011 4WD CRV EX-L With Navigation.

Anyone has thoughts on if this is a good price? thanks...
    Hi Krishk - Can you provide a breakout of the price..seems to be a good deal but would like to know how much is the tax/license fees in your area.
    $27,000 is the base price, $100 processing fees, $780 destination, tax (for VA) approx 3.17% and tags. Total OTD will be $28950

thanks..
    Hi Krishk - I received similar quotes for 2011 EX-L with Navi and FWD and the lowest quote I received is around $26000 (+ dest, ttl). So if I add the all wheel drive option it would end up in the same range as 27000 as yours. Probably you can bargain a little when you end up at the dealership but 27k seems to be a good price.
    Yes, pitting one quote against the other. hoping to finalize something by end of the day, and get the crv.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview a recent carbuyer who considered new and used, and decided on new because the deal was better. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Nov 17, 2010 with your brief story and your daytime contact info.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kaorae16kaorae16 Member Posts: 2
    Performance Honda in Fairfield Ohio.

I actually didn't end up getting that one though... I ended up getting the 2011 EX-L AWD in the color I wanted for 25490. I purchased at Castrucci Honda in Dayton Ohio. I bought from Cindy Brahn. =)
  • tobymtobym Member Posts: 7
    negotiate with dealer for 2011 CRV EX 4WD, the dealer said the best price is $26,000 OTD

Is that price still too high?
    The MSRP on your vehicle is about $26k and you definitely don't want to pay MSRP!!! Check out this link -- http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2232&modelId=422&upfrontPric- ing=Y ...........according to ZAG you should pay around $23,770 or check out Edmunds.com -- they're saying the TMV (true market value) on a 2010 EX with 4WD including destination is around $24,795. Hope this helps!
    hi Ram,

finally bought it yesterday for $29,100 OTD. This included floor mats, splash guards and wheel locks. As mentioned, this was for a 2011 4WD CRV EXL with Nav.
    I am not quite understanding you, the $26,000 is the drive out price including everything.
    Looks like a good deal to me! where you buy?
    Toby -- Just be sure you are clear on the details. What does the dealer mean by "everything"? Most dealers will charge for "doc prep" and "title" -- is that included? Is the "destination" charge included? Is your state sales tax included? My "out the door" for 2010 EX with 4wd was $24,754 -- actually, that also included extended warranty, remote starter & enhanced alarm. The MSRP on my car is $25,875. The MSRP on the same model 2011 is $26,025.
    Hi Tricia6,

thank you fro your information. the quote I have for $26,000 is the out the door price including the doc prep, title, tax, destination - everything. But your price is definitely much better than mine.

Need more work to do with dealers.

Thanks!
  • molmos123molmos123 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Honda CR-V Ex with 49,000 miles for $20,333 its an 08'. I go it from the Honda Dealership in Rierside CA. Is this an ok deal?
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    edited November 2010
    I know not a lot of 2010 CR-Vs left at dealerships.
    What is the best price one can get for a 2010 CR-V LX FWD with no option at all?
    In relative to invoice would be easy to compare.
    Is Honda offering cash rebate?
    I am asking for my friend. His getting about invoice-$200/300. Is that good enough?
    I am in SF Bay Area. Thanks in advance.
    You can get a LX for under $20,000. I saw one quoted somewhere here on this sight for $19,500.. Keep trying, it'll show up.

Good Luck.
  • andrew8404andrew8404 Member Posts: 1
    So I just bought a 2010 Honda CRV 4wd with 7miles at Spreen Honda here in Loma Linda, CA for 20,750 (without taxes). They also gave me a pretty amazing deal on my trade in and I got 0.9% interest for 5 years. I think it was a pretty good deal what do you guys think?
  • marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    @

enjoy and stay safe with all that ice. if you gotta have snow and ice, it's good to have that CRV. Did you get 4WD with it?

anyway, congrats!

and I agree, nasty people always looking to instigate.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh yeah, 4WD to be sure.

Just ventured out in the 2003 and it did just great without snow tires.
  • louiein99louiein99 Member Posts: 33
    I am seeing a bunch of prices for 4WD vehicles, but we don't really need that here in TX, so what kind of deals are people seeing for a 2010 CR-V EX-L 2WD (no NAV)?

In the San Antonio area, the best price I have received is $24,500. This includes destination fee, but not TT&L and doc fees. With tax at 6.25% and estimated doc fees, I figure OTD will be around $26,500-27,000.

As an aside, the Mrs. wants the NAVI, but I have a hard time paying a couple grand extra when I can by a nice Garmin for less than $200 bucks. But, just in case, what are the best prices for a 2WD with NAVI that are floating around? Thanks.
    edited November 2010
    Louie,

I was also looking at a CRV with Nav when I purchased my EX a couple months ago. I didn't buy the EXL because after seeing how the leather has held up on many used ones and seeing complaints on the web on how cheap those leather seats are, I didn't do it. Besides, do you know it costs $2,650 WAY MORE for Just the LEATHER...!! That is Crazy, those seats ARE NOT made of GOLD.....!!!!

The Ford Escape with leather comes in under $1,000, and it also includes Bluetooth Sync with it..!! Granted it's a Ford vs. a Honda, but still.

Finally, DO THE MATH--if you Finance for 60 months at 2.9% with 6.5% in sales taxes, that's an Extra $51.00 per month coming out of your pocket......THAT IS CRAZY....but hey if you want to spend it...then it's your choice.

You can pu
    rchase Leather Seat covers for about $500.00, and there you go....good luck...!!!! On the CRV....!!!!

Here's a website to a distributor...yoou can do your own search..just an example--->>>>
    http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/75A4635A0A0.aspx