Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mtbgomtbgo Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I am looking for a 2011 CR-V SE. The first quote I got (in VA) is $19,945+freight+all the fees. What should be my goal for an SE?

Thanks,
  • prasadpprasadp Member Posts: 14
    Can you tell me the dealer name? I think thats a good deal. I am also in VA.
  • mtbgomtbgo Member Posts: 15
    It's Ourisman Honda at Bethesda, MD.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    ...two days of posts, up in smoke...

If you don't have anything specific to say about our topic, then please don't post...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ruchitruchit Member Posts: 7
    Lets get together and then we may be able to bring the rates down a bit!

I am planning to buy as well.

I am in VA but surely can travel to MD!
  • marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    bait and switch for sure.... We had this happen to us in 2007 by a Toyota dealer. We were looking at a pretty loaded used Rav, Sure enough we get there, it just sold yesterday. Well we immediately left even after some pleas to check out other cars. We went to a different Toyota dealer, didn't get the warm and fuzzies either. But we were still in the will we get a CRv or a Rav mode. So we were willing to explore and listen and test ride.

Hope you found what you were looking for.
  • d4ld4l Member Posts: 7
    Hello Folks,

I am looking to get maybe one of the last few left overs of 2010 CRV EX 4WD. I am in north east region and I was wondering if someone can share their recent purchase price. I would appreciate if you can list your out the door price (inclusive of fees, taxes, DMV, etc..) I feel that the best I might be able to do based on research on edmunds and truecar.com is around 25,500.

Thanks,
  • tricia6tricia6 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2010
    Hi d4l:
    I just bought a CRV EX 4WD from Boch Honda in Norwood. I don't really like Boch, but they always end up giving me the best price. You just have to have eyes in the back of your head because they will screw you on as much as they can get away with -- all dealers pretty much do this -- just that Boch has raised it to an art form.

I am quoting from an earlier post, "......... my "out the door" for 2010 EX with 4wd was $24,754 -- actually, that also included extended warranty, remote starter & enhanced alarm. The MSRP on my car is $25,875."

The base price I started out with was $22,900 -- that included the destination charge of $780 -- not included title & doc fees. I think you can do better. I was in a bit of a pickle at the time & really needed to get another car so I didn't have as much time to haggle.

I just re-looked at the paperwork I signed & see that I should have paid a lot more attention to the "itemization of amount financed" -- they messed around with those numbers & it was definitely not in my favor. Thankfully, I was able to get the 1.9% financing.

Don't try & do the deal in the dealership -- either call ahead (don't give your real name & don't give a phone number -- you'll never hear the end of them) or go on-line. They still try to pull the "i'll have to check with manager" crap so don't fall for that either. Don't forget to include any "extras" you may be looking for -- roof rack, door visors, etc. or else they will try & get you for full retail.

Hope this helps -- good luck!!

ps. set up a dummy email account -- i made the mistake of giving real email address out & it took forever to get most of them to stop sending spam.
  • d4ld4l Member Posts: 7
    Thanks tricia6!

Could you please tell me what is your out the door price? I am assuming you had financed your vehicle so inclusive of all fees, tax, DMV, etc.. what is the final number that you had to pay?

I am thinking that if I only want to get CRV 4WD EX with no options then if I can get it for around 24,500 out the door then it would be a pretty decent deal. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
  • lmcrvlmcrv Member Posts: 1
    New 2011 Honda CR-V SE OTD at $24300 . is this a good deal? i am closing it today
  • la_southbayla_southbay Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

I wanted to run some quotes by and get some feedback.

2011 CRV EX-L 2WD: $25,000 (incl $710 destination)
    2011 CRV EX-L 2WD w/Nav:
    1st quote: $26,800 (incl $710 destination)
    2nd quote: $26,814 (incl $710 destination)

What I will need to add on:
    Title & License fees: aprox $400
    Taxes: 9.75% (This is for the Los Angeles area with taxes of 9.75% so it wouldn't make sense to use an OTD amount.)

I've checked with Truecar.com and this quote appears to be on the low end. Anyone do better?

thanks
    edited December 2010
    For a 2010, the $24,500 base w/destination is a good price.

I checked for the same in a 2011 and got $25,000 w/destination in the Los Angeles area. Did you by chance get quotes for 2011 in the same model as well?

The 2011 CRV 2WD EX-L w/Nav was quoted at $26,800 w/destination included
    Hope that helps.

thanks
  • juliovzjuliovz Member Posts: 3
    $24,313 (includes destination) CRV EX-L 2011 in SoCal.

This can be done over the internet and phone. Get it in writing in an email. I used Truecar, Zag to get a good idea and just emailed tons of dealers.

If there is no trade in and you pay cash, or finance on your own, the process is pretty easy as long as you know the exact car you want. Never buy a car the same day you test drive. Make sure you really want the car, then get on the internet and phone.
    That's a great price.

If you don't mind sharing, which dealer and/or city did you end up purchasing from?

TIA
  • juliovzjuliovz Member Posts: 3
    Spreen Loma Linda
  • rasabhrasabh Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm planning to buy CRV ex-l with nav in Houston. Does any body have recently purchased best price for this model.

The best Drive out price I clould get so far is about $29,000.

Please reply.
  • joyluck1joyluck1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I'm planning to buy CRV ex in Texas this month. Does any body have recently purchased best price for this model.

The best Drive out price I clould get so far is about $25,000
  • louiein99louiein99 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2010
    On Nov. 30, we settled on a 2010 2WD CR-V EX-L in San Antonio. Here are the details:

Base Price including destination fee: $23,680

Added the following accessories (overpaid a little for these, but the wife wanted them. To clarify, the price above was negotiated prior to accessories, so the profit on these did not affect negotiations...I just paid retail for them):
    All-Weather floor mats: $159
    Cargo Tray: $129
    Door Visors: $229
    Out the door with accessories, TT&L etc. = $26,050

We took advantage of 0.9% interest over 60 months as well (only about $615 of interest over 5 years). We passed on all extended warranties and gap insurance.

When having Door Visors installed, we added Front Splash Guards for $65 OTD

Actually had a quote for $200 less at another dealership, but they only had two on the lot, and they were both Royal Blue...the Mrs. didn't want blue. Even after walking out of the dealership once (got a call back 15 minutes later from salesman) and keeping them 45 minutes after they closed...I could only get them to the price above. At the end of the day we got a pretty good deal and the WAF was high!
    who is te dealer in San antonio . Iam interested to buy and i can visit
  • notdb4notdb4 Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    Does the price 24,313 include tax + license?
    Thanks
  • carlover89carlover89 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2011 Honda CR-V SE and I love it! Javier was my sales person and he was wonderful! He listened to everything that I had to say and I could not have asked for a more peaceful experience! I will be going back to lease more cars from him!
  • neomitsneomits Member Posts: 2
    Columbus, OH
    2011 AWD SE CR-V

Sticker Price - $23,645
    Negotiated price - $22,000
    Total sale with Tax, Doc & Title - $23,794.76
    Hi, looks pretty good deal. Can you tell the details about dealer and phone nos. Thanks.
  • msilversmsilvers Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Sticker: $28,675
    Negotiated price: $26,500
    Also got $20,000 for my trade-in (2009 CRV EX with 28,000 miles)
    1.9% for 48 months

i think it is a pretty good deal.
  • louiein99louiein99 Member Posts: 33
    I purchased from Fernandez Honda in San Antonio. Gillman Honda in San Antonio had the Royal Blue 2010 CR-V, EX-L for $200 cheaper. I just checked, and Gillman does still have one 2010 on the lot, so if that is the color for you, it might be worth a shot.

As for accessories, I have been doing some research online and "H and A" and Bernardi have really good rates. I got Fernandez to pretty much match on the Front Splash Guards. I just wish I would have found these Honda dealers/websites before I paid retail for the cargo tray and all-weather mats. You win some you lose some. :)
  • smuggymbasmuggymba Member Posts: 35
    Looking to buy an 2011 EX or EX-L in Houston (what are the differences - just the leather, that's it?????)

What should be my target price? Is there a big difference between FWD and AWD?
    Hi, I'm planning to buy CRV ex-l with nav in Houston. Does any body have recently purchased best price for this model.

The best Drive out price I clould get so far is about $29,000.

Please reply.

I'm aslo looking for an EX-L without Nav in houston.....have you already bought...what's the OTD price?
    not yet still looking. Did you get any OTD prices, if you can share..would be good to know what dealers offering now?
    I'm still looking, will go next week to the dealers and plan to buy before the year end.

I really need a OTD price since I don't know where to start/stop. I'm looking for a EX-L 2WD without Navi.

Dealers gave me an online OTD price of 27,900. I think people have bought for 26,500......what should be my target price.
  • mrbwmrbw Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Bought it at $27,332 in Massachusetts includes destination cost... 4WD automatic..

MSRP $30,625...

Bernardi or Boch Honda are offering the same price - EMAIL Boch honda for a quote...
    Pretty painless...

Price does not include tax/documentation fees
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    MRBW - thanks for that- looking for a new crv- after the honda certified crv (ex-l nav) 2007 that was bot turned out to be lemon due to some damage from the previous owner that the "certified" dealer never saw.. -- I think the car is great- lots of room good mpgs and safe. I emailed both about 10 mins ago lets hope they come back with the same deal..
  • newwhitenewwhite Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm planning to buy CR-V LX 4WD. Does any body have recently purchased best price for this model in Washington or Oregon area?.

Thanks!
  • itsnoteasyitsnoteasy Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy CRV with Navi - 4WD in bayarea, anybody got any recent quotation in BayArea.
  • itsnoteasyitsnoteasy Member Posts: 2
    Today went Dealer in Bay Area with Costco auto programming price match with Amex Auto Programming got quota

Sale Price 28,343.
    + 6 Year : 100,000 mile warranty for 1725

+ TTL+ Sale Ta + Doc Fee

Total = 31,474

Dealer offered me a All Season Package (Floor mats, Front mud guard mats, Cargo Tray) + wheel locks as free of cost.

Is it good deal to purchase.

Experts please help...
  • bobbyrutgersbobbyrutgers Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2010
    RE: 2011 CRV EX-L 4WD (without navi)

I'm in central NJ and after emailing various dealers the lowest out-the-door price I got was:

$25,145
    780 Destination
    1814.75 tax (NJ)
    299 Doc fee
    299 Dmv tags
    7.50 tire tax
    ---------------------------
    $28,345.25 Total OTD

Do you guys approve of this price or can we do better?
    Truecar says that the dealer cost for this vehicle is $26,446..... and that the invoice price is $27,004.

thanks!
    I got the same exact deal - thanks mRbw for you post - dark grey with black leather
    Am in the market to buy the 2011 CRV EX 2WD car .. It says Sticker Target price is 23847..

I visited the truecar and it says less than "23641" is the good price to buy..

Does the 23641 is the Out to door price ?

Can someone explain me how to read the information from True Car ?
    I noticed that 2011 EX wd drive price is reduced by 900$ in edmunds .. can i ask deaaler to pass the price to me..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I bet if you go to the next page, that's where the destination fee is added back in...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14
    I got the quote for EX-L with Navi for 27101.82 + Destination + Sales Tax + Title & Registration + 7.50. I live in CEntral NJ. Is this is a good deal? I saw in this forum that some one has bought in Massachusettes for $265xx.xx. As this is end of year, does anyone shed some light about how the dealer can give below the invoice price and is there any room for further negotiation?
  • zsumuzsumu Member Posts: 3
    Did you buy any options like mudgaurds / roof rack?

Did you paid etc or 22000K included the basic options?

Thanks
    Does anyone bought a car thro autonation ? any ideas will be gr8
  • dr94087dr94087 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2010
    Has anybody bought 2011 Honda CRV-SE in Portland, OR ?

Will you pls let me know the out-of-door price and dealer name?

Thanks.
    Dont know about past posters from ma but if you gt a quote for an awd with nav for around 27k your doing pretty good
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    I just bought a 2011 CR-V in Chicago (Northside). I bought the 2011 AWD EX-L with Navigation for $27900 including the $780 destination fee. I also had them include in the $27900 price an after market remote start that retails for $500 (they said the cost was $250). I think I did well. If you need a dealer and salesman's name email me. The salesman informed that the Honda remote start is not very practical and retails for over $600.

$27,120 2011 AWD EX-L w/ Navigation
    $780 Destination fee
    $0 After market remote start
    _______
    $27,900
  • skaheadskahead Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I just got an offer for a new 2011 SE 2WD with mudflaps, cargo shelf, and floor mats for 21,988 OTD. Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
    Very good deal.. who is the dealer and let me know his name..
  • skaheadskahead Member Posts: 2
    http://www.firstteamhonda.com/index.htm
    Near Norfolk VA.

They will deliver a car to you up to 130 miles.
    sounds pretty good goodluck -- what color?
  • huntblkhuntblk Member Posts: 3
    Internet quote received was for $20,850, including destination. Doc, tax, title and reg are additional fees. What do you think?