Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14
    Thanks. Got a quote for 27K with free IPad for EX-L with Navigation and went to finalize the deal today. The Internet manager told that the color I wanted was in stock but once I went there, I was told that they don't have the color but was offering another color. They were ready to reduce it even further if I go with the other color. Unfortunately I hate that color, it was Silver with Grey Interior. This deal is from Garden State Honda, NJ if anyone interested.
  • njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14
    From where did you get this deal?
  • zsumuzsumu Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Got offer for 2011 CRV SE - 4WD with front splash gaurd and roof rack installed for 22K plus taxes.

Is is good deal? Thanks
  • neomitsneomits Member Posts: 2
    I say so. Thats what I paid after much negotiation, without splash guards and roof rack.
  • rasabhrasabh Member Posts: 4
    This is pretty good deal. I'm in houston aand looking for same 2011 CRV 2WD, EXL with nav, but OTD price i got so far is 29000, not sure why dealers are quoting higher prices here in texas. Any suggestions to get best price ?
  • nec213nec213 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2011 CRV SE 4WD 22310+ttl, OTD 23860.55
    with 1.9% for 60 months. Very satisfied.
  • joyluck1joyluck1 Member Posts: 10
    Got 2011 honda crv ex 2wd for 23,000 OTD .. is it good deal
  • huntblkhuntblk Member Posts: 3
    Silko Honda in Raynham, MA
  • vectexvectex Member Posts: 1
    What dealer is this? I am located in NY, much help would appreciated.
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    If you factor in taxes and stuff I was at $30900. So I think you are just about on target. There is a $1250 difference from 2wd to AWD. I think it sounds like the going rate if not better.
    Black with beige interior.
    My tax rate is 9.25
  • palnpaln Member Posts: 12
    Got ex fwd for 24k otd in California.@8.75 tax rate..
    Is it gud deal?
    Got ex fwd for 24k otd in California.8.75 tax rate..
    Is it gud deal?
    If it's otd I think it's great. I heard one guy hit for 22k. I however got for 24k...and I thout it was gud until I saw the other two...
    Does it matter in anyway if the crv is manufactured in OH as opposed to Japan? Is Japanese manufactured quality weigh in when selling?
    Thx for any replies...
  • cc1995cc1995 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Paid $22,500 (Includes dest) + RI Tax 7% ($1,575) + $298 Doc fee = Out-The-Door. This was for the 2010 CR-V EX 4WD @ 0.9% for 60 months. Really happy with this deal based on the truecar price in my area. I also decided to pay $300 cash to have them install the motion alarm system since I live in Providence and the Security system that comes standard in the EX model doesn't sound the alarm based on motion or throwing a brick through the window and wheels from nice foreign imports have a way of getting stolen around here....so I thought it would be good to have the motion alarm in case someone tries to heist my wheels or steal the car by going in through the window....plus I'll get a 20% break on my insurance by having that Thought about having one installed elsewhere but was worried that if I ever had an electrical problem with the car Honda would blame it on the install of aftermarket alarm...Atleast if something electrical happens due to the alarm it's under lifetime warranty...thought it was worth the extra $300 based on where I live. Thought I got a great price on the CR-V anyway. I thought that the EX alarm had this feature standard with it though...my own fault...I would have tried to get them to throw it in if I knew. Color was royal blue with black interior and I got one with a Vin # beginning in "J" (manufactured in Japan)....Ive had good success with that in the past.
  • emdyemdy Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    I would love some advice about this pricing and how to further negotiate. Looking for a basic model LX trim CRV (2010 or 2011).

We went to a dealer and this is the best price we got for 2011 CRV 4WD LX trim. This dealer did not have any 2010 models in stock.

$21,248.94 (including the $780 destination fee)
    $1328.06 for 6.25% MA sales tax
    $125 for title
    $298 for license/doc fee

$23,000 OTD

Edmunds TMV $22,390 (including $780 destination fee)

The price we got was better than the Edmunds TMV but it seems that people on the forum are getting better pricing than what we got. Your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!!
    goto www.truecar.com and get the best local price. i got my ex for 21630 + tax/lic/fees.
  • spriitspriit Member Posts: 1
    I don't think so. I bought my 2011 CRV EX-L without NAVI for $24,988.00, including destination, plus license, tax, etc. in California. You can get a GPS for a couple of hundred bucks, it's not worth three grand.
  • emdyemdy Member Posts: 3
    Paln: Thanks for the info. Did you buy 4WD or 2WD?

I checked out truecar.com and it says a "Great Price" for the 4WD LX is $21,563 (including dest and $219 of regional ad fees(?)) and for a 4WD EX, it's $23,719 (including dest. and $252 of regional ad fees).

I guess we're starting in the ball park. If any one else has purchased recently, I'd love to hear how much you paid.

Thanks!
  • mottu06mottu06 Member Posts: 1
    2011 CRV 4WD-EX-L (No Navi)

Got it OTD for 28150. Central NJ ( 08807)

Base Price 25780 ( including Destination charge )
    NJ Tax - 1804
    Tire - 7.50
    Registration/Title - 296
    Doc Fees - 259
    Online process fee - ~10

Total Out the Door - $28150
  • cliffbcliffb Member Posts: 46
    Where in MA?
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    edited January 2011
    bernardi offering pretty good deals in mass - i would -mail them and ask for a quote- also remember they have .9 financing on the 2011 -
  • chrislamchrislam Member Posts: 1
    where in Central Jersey? do you mind giving the name of the dealer? thanks
  • onehappycamperonehappycamper Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new Honda CRV from Commonwealth Motors in Lawrence, MA, before the year end, and I had a very good experience.  The Sales Consultant, Malcolm, and Sales Manager, Joe couldn't have been more helpful.  I was treated with respect and courtesy, without the high-pressure sales tactics that's so common with most car dealerships.  I got exactly what I wanted on the car at a good price.   The transaction process was easy and the car was ready for pickup in less than 24 hours.  They did all the paperwork and took care of the car registration.  I would not hesitate to buy another car from them even though there are many other Honda dealerships much closer to me.
  • vanessamaarvanessamaar Member Posts: 1
    It looks like I can get a new 2010 for about 25K (plus tax and license). I'm also looking at used 2007 and 2008 model years. The 2007s are going for a little less than twenty (includes certification). The 2008s are going for about 22K (includes certification). Is it just me or does 22K seem like a lot for a three year old car--especially since I can get a new one for less than 3K more?

Thanks.
  • vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Get the new one(2010), forget the certification, 3K is nothing especially to get a new one.
  • marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    well, not any where near a car expert so I'll give you my take. I've had an 07 CRV and a 2011 now. The 2011 has way more kick than my 07. Giving up my 07 wasnt my choice, drunk driver took care of that for me. I got $23K back for mine. It was 4WD navi. So it does not depreciate much.

What does stink is that all that regular maintenance I had put in the car in the early years will have to be repeated yet again for a new car. I'd have to do it with the 07, but I was getting to the slightly less frequent schedule for it. THe other was the $1000 in tires I had put into the 07 because they came with what I call starter tires. I am hoping the 11's are not the same, but only time will tell.
  • anophelesanopheles Member Posts: 1
    Just get an offer of the drive out price for $21,200 in Atlanta area. Is this a good deal?
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    On-line process fee? Amazing, while not much money, how dealers come up with new methods of making money. I would think a $259 documentation fee would cover the on-line processing, whatever that is. In any case, the CRV is a fantastic vehicle. My wife drives a 2008 and could not be happier.
  • fer_abbottfer_abbott Member Posts: 1
    Through consumer reports we found Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, CA way lower than any dealers in San Diego. $1700 under invoice. $3000 under MSRP. The 0.9% financing from Honda is also still available. (This is $1700 below the best San Diego dealers we found, and $5000 below the highest priced.)
    Price $19,477 including destination charge, but before registration and taxes. Using consumer Reports is definitely worth the $14 cost for this car, right now. :)
  • tester1tester1 Member Posts: 33
    Sounds like very good deal, I am interested in CRV SE 2WD. Do you just use Spreen Honda's internet sales to get quote ?
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    This is the price list I got from Spreen on 12/18/10, hope it helps:

2011 Honda CRV LX 2WD was $20,977, Now $19,477 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV SE 2WD was $21,633, Now $20,133 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV SE 4WD was $22,803, Now $21,303 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV EX 2WD was $23,131, Now $21,631 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV EX 4WD was $24,302, Now $22,802 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD was $25,613, Now $24,113 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV EX-L 4WD was $26,784, Now $25,284 (all in stock)

2011 Honda CRV EX-L NAVI 2WD was $27,487, Now $25,987 (13 remaining)

Fer_abbott's price is the same price I received in my email.
    nice work - enjoy your crv
  • kirbyfredkirbyfred Member Posts: 1
    I am a long time Honda fan- have owned Accords for 30 years. Last year bought a CRV EXL, spent alot of extra $$$ for leather, heated seats. What a disappointment!!

Honda has really gone cheap here. Can hardly believe Honda would stoop so low. The leather in these seats looks and feels like cheap, thin vinyl- - it could not be any lower in quality- appears to be vinyl, very thin and very cheap look and feel to upholstery. The seats are ice cold and hard; in cool weather, they are esp. disappointing. The seats are anything but luxurious feeling, regardless of summer or winter. And, to make matters worse, the heated seat warmer option is very slow to heat up. My CRV seats are so cold that, despite being an EXL with "heated leather seats", I have to put blankets over both front seats in Minnesota fall and winter- without a covering, these seats feel like hard, cold cheap vinyl- most uncomfortable in cool temps. The heated leather seats in the BMW 3 series are 10x the quality, much higher quality of leather covering, and they heat up thrice as fast, too- - and these features on the BMW were NOT t an expensive add-on.

Honda has totally lost my respect in this regard. I dont mind paying the extra $@ grand, if the leather is reasonable quality, and the seat warmers work effiiently- Honda fails on both acounts here. If you want a CRV, stick w/EX or LX model- the EXL is a big waste of money- the thousands extra you pay for heated leather seats is really a joke. BUYER BEWARE: Honda really blew it with cheap "leather" and "Heated"vseats in the CRV - EXL! !
  • pgm17pgm17 Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2011
    Hello folks, shopping down here in South Florida.
    Emailed a couple local dealers and this is so far the lowest quotes.
    If I can find a color the wife likes, then looks like I'll be taking the 2010 with .9% from Honda Finance for 60 months.

2010 CRV EXL Nav 2WD - MSRP $29,225
    $26,100 car (inlcuding destination/dealer fees)
    $1,616 6% sales tax (w/ $50 county tax)
    $299 tag transfer/title/dmv fees (tire/battery)
    $28,015 ~ OTD

2011 CRV EXL Nav 2WD - MSRP $29,475
    $27,250 car (inlcuding destination/dealer fees)
    $1,685 6% sales tax (w/ $50 county tax)
    $299 tag transfer/title/dmv fees (tire/battery)
    $29,234 ~ OTD
  • abarmoabarmo Member Posts: 1
    24k otd? This is a great deal! Could you let me know what dealership gave you this price?
  • dorianwalesdorianwales Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,
    Shopping around Philadelphia/New Jersey.
    Got an Offer for a 2011 AWD LX of $24,350 Out the door.
    MSRP is $23,725 - including destination charge.
    Invoice is $22,134

Would like your opinion. Thanks
  • xiudingxiuding Member Posts: 2
    I live in Philly area and I am looking for a new 2010 or 2011 2WD LX. Could you give me your dealer information? Thanks.
  • dorianwalesdorianwales Member Posts: 5
    Got similar qoutes from all honda dealers in the area (turnsville/burns/piazza I think they were). That still seems somewhat pricey to me though.

I'd appreciate comments from anyone with recent purchase history
  • car_shopper7car_shopper7 Member Posts: 1
    Ditto for me: I am shopping for the same car this weekend: where did you get this great deal?
  • mikemi1mikemi1 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership in Central Jersey did you get it from?
  • jbonjbon Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    '11 CR-V EX-L w/Nav
    I did add a few accessories for an additional cost after getting the $27927 number.
    nice work--
  • dano51dano51 Member Posts: 10
    Shopping around for a new Honda CR-V best price so far for a 2011 cr-v ex awd is $22,200 +$780. for dest plus $299. doc fee .Looking in the Boston area any suggestions or tips will appreciate.
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THIS.
    THAT PRETTY MUCH STINKS, AND I AGREE THE BMW 3 SEATS HEAT UP FAST!
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    Where did you get this sweet deal? Name and number please.
    :)
    bernardi honda= they will quote you over the internet
  • dano51dano51 Member Posts: 10
    bernardi honda but prime honda will match it along with free remote starter and 1000,000 mille powertrain warranty