Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 4over200k4over200k Member Posts: 18
    I would recommend you negotiate more and get the 4WD closer to 24,500 and the 2WD closer to 23,500. If you don't need 4WD the 2WD with traction and stability control handles nicely, gets better gas mileage (1 - 1.5mpg). I had a 2007 EXL 2WD with 103K just traded two weeks ago for a 2010 EXL 4WD.
    Good Luck
  • isalec2isalec2 Member Posts: 1
    Was your price for AWD or FWD ??
  • marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    I am so with you on the tires. Honestly, the second thing that most peeved me when stupid kid totaled my 2007 was having to go thru the stupid maintenance costs followed by replacing the starter tires they shlop on them. $1000 later the car had appropriate tires.
  • 4over200k4over200k Member Posts: 18
    agreed! There is something wrong when you buy a 25 - 30K car and you can't wait to change the original tires or you are scared (as I am with the Conti Contacts on my 2010) about driving in wet conditions because they don't seem to grip anything but totally dry pavement! Many of us would pay an "up-charge" for premium tires and Honda is not the only car company that takes the cheap OEM tire route. Safe driving.
  • lissacjlissacj Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip! ...Appreciate it.
  • jsctjsct Member Posts: 10
    Is anyone aware of any dealer cash on the CRV ??

A few days ago the CRV 2011 EX 4WD Boch Honda in Norwood, MA quoted me (including destination) $23,168 + 298 doc fee + tax title and license and indicated willingness to further negotiate.

The true car report says that the dealer's true cost is on this car is $24,015, yet the true car "best price" in this area is $23,600.

There are no public incentives or customer rebates now except for the .9 financing. Something is up. Dealers have to be getting some kind of hidden cash on these cars. How much?
  • jbonjbon Member Posts: 5
    Dealer get spiffs.
    Carry-over bonuses, volume bonuses, and customer-satisfaction bonuses.Not all dealers get those incentives.
    A month ago I bought a CR-V EX-L w/Nav for about $300 under Truecar.com dealers actual cost .My cost $27927.
    After getting that price I had the dealer install remote start,side moldings,painted pinstripe,all weather mats and cargo mat.
    Negotiated those accessory installs a bit too.They still got that $249 doc fee.
    All in all,I'm happy with my deal.
  • novice99novice99 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a CRV
    Boston area
    12,000 Mile
    Base model
    No money down
    Honda website says $270/month; Does that include everything?

Is that the best lease do you think I can get?

Any examples of good CRV leases?

Thanks
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    nice job jbon//enjoy the rig.. so far i like the backup cam in tight spots but the phone and nav have not impressed- they are no where near as easy to use as the nav in my g 35 but it gets the wife where she needs to go.
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    I'm looking in PA and cannot find deals here as good to those I found near Boston. I think they might be better than the ones posted further up on this page. For Example:

novice99 - 12000miles; I'll guess 36 months and 2WD not 4WD: SX $213/month w/$577 due at signing. Add $13.31 to each for MA Sales Tax

jbon CR-V EX-L w/Nav $27,233.30+Doc $239+Registration Fee $125=$27597.30 for 60 mos @0.9% =470.73 or $500.15 w/ MA sales tax

jsct: 2011 4WD EX-L w/o Nav: $23,083.64 = $239 Doc + $125 registration=$23,447.64. I think that's $85 less

I also believe that this dealer is close to the you mentioned.
  • jsctjsct Member Posts: 10
    For the record, the prices I was quoted outside Boston were more than what you said:

2010 4WD EX-L: $24,631
    2010 4WD EX: $22,377
    2011 4WD EX: $23,168

Add $298 doc and TTL

I ultimately bought for a few hundred more from a local dealer because of the inconvenience of picking up the car at the CT DMV during the week (this MA dealer won't issue CT plates at the dealership). Local dealer also threw in free oil changes for life and an extra 12K on the warranty -- sometimes your local guy will add little things that are worth something too.

Best way to get the best price is to look at truecar.com in the zipcode of the closest metro area to you. Large dealerships generally get volume bonuses and so will sell for less. Look at the part on truecar that says "recent sales" and click on the bars at the low end of the distribution to see actual low-end sales. Send emails to as many dealers as you are willing to drive to, indicating that you will lease/buy a car this weekend from whoever gives you the best price and that you are aiming for a price at the cheapest end of the distribution. A dealer who is 2 hrs away from you knows that only a great price is going to get you in the door. You could even show them truecar sales from the boston area as a way of establishing your expectations:

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/honda/cr-v-pricing/2011/88A624ED/

This is what I did, and my local dealer was able to go $1200 less than the truecar "best price" for my area, which was still $200 under the truecar best price for the Boston area. Dealers were fine with it. I didn't take up much of their time.

You will have the best luck if you do this move the last 6 days of the month. If a dealership is close to hitting a volume bonus, they may give you a great deal just to hit the volume bonus. You may still not do as well as Boston (I didn't), but you should get pretty close.
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    I did not post the source of the prices I posted because I wasn't sure of Edmunds' MGC rules. I found them and see I can post that these prices, complete with all of their backup calculations, can be found at Weymouthhonda.com. While Truecar is an excellent guide for establishing a good target price, Weymouthhonda.com will confirm their posted prices in a quote.

Too bad they are 6 hours away.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    i live 20 miles away and did not know of this place-- wish i would of found it 4mths ago-- i went to the website and they clearly list the prices of each car vs Msrp.. good resource, yes --prices are good as well.
  • bnuchenmrbnuchenmr Member Posts: 1
    How is this OTD? I'm in north Chicago area.

invoice with dest: 28580
    internet price with dest: 27680
    doc: 156.08
    evr: 25
    7% tax: 1950.28
    plate: 194
    ------------------------------------------------
    OTD: 30005.36
  • yangson78yangson78 Member Posts: 1
    The best local dealer price quote I got is $20391($800 below dealer invoice) from a dealer about 25 mil away.

Sale Price ...................$20,392.00
    Sales Tax ................... 1,993.58
    Doc fee ...................... 55.00
    DMV Fee's ................ 322.75

TOTAL ....................$22,763.33

I brought the quote to my local dealer. They didn't seems to have any trouble match this quote. I have the same experience with my local Toyota dealer to match the best quote from Truecar price.

Is there still a lot of margin for the dealers to sell even below the best Truecar price quote? There are seems to have about 40 cars sold below that price. I will try the strategy quoted by lch77 next weekend.

Please share your purchase experience, especially folks from SF bay area. Thanks.
  • chiragwchiragw Member Posts: 3
    If you dont mind can you tell me which dealer. I want to buy the same car too.
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    I received quote of 20, 575 from south bay honda, milpitas and 20, 600 stevens creeks honda, san jose. Problem is, the 2012 is only a few months away. total redesign
  • csivacsiva Member Posts: 1
    Whats good price in WA state for 2011 Honda CRV SE - FWD?
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    edited May 2011
    $22,783 internet pricing at Main Line Honda for 2011 Honda CRV SE 4WD. Ended up getting car at Piazza Pottstown similar pricing better offer for my trade-in.
  • bpaliwalbpaliwal Member Posts: 4
    Here's what I got @ Honda of Hayward
    ------------------------------------------
    0 down
    799 (1st month payment + fees) --> **I did not pay anything else at drive off.**
    330+tax monthly
    residual: 16180.75 (60%)
    maintenance: 4 oil changes
    ------------------------------------------
  • caxicaxi Member Posts: 1
    Is $20,888 a good price in CA (San Francisco Bay Area) for a 2011 Honda CRV LX - 2WD? This is a recall with 1000 mil. :confuse:
  • dsuladsula Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    I was in a hurry and had to get something in a day or two. So got a used:
    2009 CRV EX-L 4WD with Navigation with only 5400 miles for $25000 + taxes in Chicago from a dealer.

Now, looking at this forum and some of the prices, may be I should have got a brand new one :( !!
  • aseto2011aseto2011 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2011 CR-V 4WD EX, is $23,684 (includ. destination charge) a good price?

Thanks!
  • aseto2011aseto2011 Member Posts: 2
    They also quoted me $26,049.00 for a 2011 EX-L, is that a good price?
  • pixieppixiep Member Posts: 4
    any inputs are helpful... Thanks!
    I got a quote from a dealer in Atlanta for 2011 EX-L without Nav - 28,213. I'm sure this is not the best price.. but what would be a good price to start negotiating?
    Also what is a good price to buy the car itself? Thanks for your suggestions in advance
  • marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    is that with tax, title and registration? with all that it seems fair. without it, maybe they can do a little better. I'd check all the sites first for pricing in YOUR area
    The quote I received was w/o tax. With 6% tax, it comes up to 29,905.
    Is 28K a fair price or EX-L 2WD no navi?? I thought it should be much lesser than this price.. Thats what i saw in many websites.
    Hi jsct... you must be a great negotiator!!!
    I want to buy a CRV EXL w/o Navi, and the quotes that I'm getting are around 28K (excluding taxes)
    Can you please suggest what would be a good price to begin negotiating. KBB, edmunds, TrueCar are showing the TMV to be around 25.8K w/o taxes, and other junk fees that the dealer may add.
  • station8station8 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I just leased a 2011 CRV LX from Carson Honda (SoCal) yesterday. After a pretty bad experience at the Toyota dealer next door we went in to the Honda dealer pretty road weary. I'm pleased to report however that the experience with Carson Honda was way better than the one we had just left. We were greeted at the door by Octavio Rodriguez and he was awesome. There was never any pressure and he was happy to answer all of our questions. His manager Javier was just as helpful closing the deal and the whole day was topped off by Ali, the finance guy, who was also respectful and didn't pressure us to get every bell and whistle under the sun.

Go buy a car from Octavio and I think you will be very satisfied.

We ended up with payments of 229 a month with 3k down on a sticker price of 21,7 and a buyout of 13,7 on a 3 year lease.
  • labocalocalabocaloca Member Posts: 1
    The MSRP is approx. $27,400.

I'm going shopping for a 2001 EX-L FWD in Atlanta today. I won't buy it for more than $25,800, excluding tax.
  • apbangiapbangi Member Posts: 17
    Date: May 28, 2011
    Place: Cary, North Carolina

Model: CR-V EX 2WD (Glacier Blue Metallic)
    Price...................... $22, 642.00
    Protection Package........281.00
    Tax.................................687.00
    Registration......................74.00
    Documentation Fee.........398.00
    Total OTD Price.........$24,082.00

Financing: American Honda Finance Corp @0.9% for 60 months.

The protection package includes wheel locks, splash guards, and trunk tray -- not a really $281-value in my opinion, but what can I do? :-)

What do you think of this deal? I think the invoice + destination fee is $23,108. I only feel that this deal is roughly $200 below invoice, but hey I got a 0.9% financing, which will only cost me a total of $564.11 in finance charges!

Thanks.
  • jujubesjujubes Member Posts: 1
    That looks like a good price to me. Is it for front-wheel or 4WD? Can you tell me who offered that price? I'm looking to buy soon. Thanks.
  • meggiewumeggiewu Member Posts: 3
    I want to buy a CRV EXL w/o Navi also, and the quotes that I'm getting is $29,821.68(outdoor price)

Another quote is $27,290 plus tax, title, license, fees, and any dealer installed accessories if applicable.

Are these two quotes good? Can you please suggest what would be a good price to begin negotiating. How and where to starts?

Thanks.
    I want to buy a CRV EXL w/o Navi also, and the quotes that I'm getting is $29,821.68(outdoor price)

Another quote is $27,290 plus tax, title, license, fees, and any dealer installed accessories if applicable.

Are these two quotes good? Can you please suggest what would be a good price to begin negotiating. How and where to starts?

I am in Houston TX.

Thanks.
    Those are not good prices! At this time of the year, you should not be buying at or above invoice (see current prices below for 2011 models):

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD 4-Dr Sport Utility
    Invoice Price $25,945.00 + $780.00

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD 4-Dr Sport Utility
    Invoice Price: $24,786.00 + $780.00
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    2012 crv coming in sep or oct 2011......whole new model with look like lexus rx 450 and possible hybrid and more mpg........we got 2011 exl 2wd in az for 23900 plus ttl(in may with tint,door guard,mud guard)........keep goal of invoice minus 1000.........for discontinue model.....

thanks
    hp
  • tropotropo Member Posts: 17
    Just got a new 2011 Honda CR-V EX AWD black on black Outside Philadelphia, PA Main Line Honda. Straight forward deal via e-mail. Sales Price - $24,750 Plus TTL. Easy to deal with and no surprises.
    I got 2011 Honda CR-V EX-L w/navi $29,550 for drive out last night from Spring Branch Honda, Houston. It's hard to negociate with the dealer. The price may not be a good deal. But the feeling is good. I love my new CR-V than toyota RAV-4.
    That's $483 ABOVE invoice, assuming there are no accessories installed.

Dealer wins.
  • ivey100ivey100 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Hi, Please HELP.

I'm not sure about this price

Honda CRV LX 4WD. PRICE 22230.

Is it too high? Appreciate your help
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    Standard EX model. 23000 OTD price at Baltimore/Washington area. Is it a good price? Can it go lower? Thanks for your information.
  • jowgjowg Member Posts: 1
    Is this including dealer fees?
    I think so.

Adding tax, registration, and documentation($55), the final is 24,500

Please help let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks
    Invoice ($21,354) + destination fee ($780) = 22,134.

So no, that's not a good price. You should be aiming at $300-800 below invoice during this time of the year.
    Thank you!!!! Appreciate your help.
  • because3because3 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a honda crv lx 4WD for $21866 from local dealer in Indiana. With tax+doc fee, the OTD comes to $23622.
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2011
    I think your price is little high considering it is a LX. I just got a CR-V EX FWD for 23000 OTD from a local dealer at Baltimore city. Maybe prices in Indiana are higher.
  • runningboardrunningboard Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I received a dealer quote on a 2011 CR-V SE that pretty much matched Edmunds' True Market Value after all of their estimated fees/taxes were added. The out the door price that I was quoted at is $24,042, which includes 6% state tax, licensing, registration, title, etc.

Is this a fair price? Should I try to negotiate less? If so, what price would be a reasonable counter-offer?

Thanks for any help!
  • plowryplowry Member Posts: 1
    We bought our new Honda CRV all wheel drive this week. Paid a cash ,out the door price of $20,847.00. Was offered an extended warranty for $1,200. I think we should get . Is it a good idea?