Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• choco4400choco4400 Member Posts: 2
    @reddevil567. i got mine from sf honda. it was the only one they had and a bit higher mileage (~130) since they had to trade for it. if i'm not mistaken, they should have a blue one coming by the end of the year. once we agreed on a price, it was fast. in and out including test drive in under 2 hours.
  • trunksalantrunksalan Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2012 crv ex 2wd without extra features. They threw in the protection package (wheel locks, truck tray, mud flaps) for free. The front bumper had a blemish on the plastic, they attempted to buff it out but thy spot just ended up wearing out (looking like a worn keyboard key), small scratches around the area. Not too noticeable but I was able to get all season mats threw in as compensation.

This deal went through at poway Honda in san Diego. I dealt with Tony and Kyle.
    I got pricing at $24,310 after some several attempts at negotiating. Each time we tried they moved more and more toward the price we wanted. Both of them were very accommodating and very pleasant to work with. I worked mostly with Tony who was very patient and helped me with negotiating with the dales manager.

In case bay area people were interested, i also got quotes from the bay area to be at 24,300 from serramonte Honda and san Bruno Honda.

Although I wish the ex model had more features comparable to the ex accord or odyssey, I thought the few additional features over the lx model is worth the price difference.

I bought the only ex model poway Honda had, and it was built in the Ohio plant. It seems like all the ex-l models were built in Japan from what I've observed from the dealerships I went to. There were a few items in my Ex that showed slightly poor workmanship (a spot of epoxy rear passenger door interior, dash trim not properly mounted, rear passenger door plastic trim adhesive exposed, and finally front bumper plastic defect.)

Im not really sure if the Japanese built models were any better though. I didn't examine the ex-l's too closely.
  • tutuskptutuskp Member Posts: 3
    Hi!

I am also looking forward for the right deal on 2012 crv-ex FWD. May I know the amount you paid($24,310) is including destination fee and and any other fee?

Thanks!
  • trunksalantrunksalan Member Posts: 4
    The 24,310 price included the destination fee, the additional fees not included in that price was tax, and the doc fee.
  • jacksonville12jacksonville12 Member Posts: 1
    Is 2012 EX for 25K OTD (all inclusive) a good deal? Pl advice.
  • y_fishy_fish Member Posts: 3
    Is is 2WD? You got that OTD price?? What is the vehicle price? I think the OTD price would be different due to the tax... But it seems that 25K is really a good deal now.
  • newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    Just wondering, has anyone gotten any last 2011 deals that are really good? Honestly, I don't really care about the 2012 since it'll be even harder to haggle the price, so if there are great deals, I'm willing to buy now.

Also, does anyone know if the CR-V has an optional power liftgate? We have a 2009 Odyssey right now, and we love that option.
  • brl913brl913 Member Posts: 8
    Unfortunately, none of the CRVs have a power lift gate, which would have been nice.
  • jfarreljfarrel Member Posts: 9
    MD Deal has offered:

EX 26,508 + 6% tax out the door
    EX-L 28,954 + 6% out the door

Breakdown is as follows:

24,759 for EX OR 27,215 for EX-L (no navi or dvd) +
    810 destination +
    200 processing fee +
    344 tags and registration +
    395 required accessories (wheel locks and mud guards) +
    6% sales tax

Is this a fair deal?

Thank you
  • cin28cin28 Member Posts: 7
    I have 27225 including destination.Plus tax and tags.The fees you listed seem too high.Tags and transfer in PA are about 140.Mine is coming 1/12.Good luck
    You were offered AWD EX-L for $1880 below MSRP?
  • gangster15gangster15 Member Posts: 1
    I got a deal with this DE dealership.

2012 EX - AWD for $25399

That includes the destination fee. $190 document fee + $1524 sales tax + $185 for tags and registration = $27,298 in total. This seems like the best deal around my area. Anyone else think not?
    Yes 2012 EXL no other options,27225 with destination. 2 dealerships agreed to that price but I preferred the no pressure ,professional sales team of The 1 dealership.I am in Lancaster PA.
    edited January 2012
    Mind sharing name of the dealer? I will drive up to save $800+.
    Also, did you call, visit, ask for online quotes at honda dot com or other to get pricing?

Thank you
  • bhumjoshbhumjosh Member Posts: 4
    just bought 2012 honda crv ex-l with navi in VA for $ 29,236 OTD. It took me while to find this deal but I am still paranoid that I could have done better. anyone out there who got better deal??
    I did Internet searches,visited a few as well.The dealership that I bought the 2008 from called me with the 27225 including destination.That is Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg.I am using a closer dealership that matched that.
    Thank you; I appreciate the info. Harrisburg is an easy drive for me so I will try to get something in MD and call them if it does not pan out. I am not sure if it will be a hassle to buy in PA and register in MD, but I will find out.
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    395 required accessories (wheel locks and mud guards) are crazy!
    They should be < $100 total.
  • crabcakecrabcake Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2011 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with NAVI + Pin stripes + Wheel Locks + Fog Lights + Front Mud Guards + All Season Floor Mats + Door Edge Guards + Roof Rack + 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty. They included a free car wash, Lube, Oil & Filter Service, State Inspections for Life, Tire Rotations, Top Off All Fluids, Courtesy Shuttle Service, Spring and Fall Inspections, 10% Off Each Major Mileage Inspections (30K, 60K, 90K, 120K), $250 Customer Loyalty Coupon for Next Vehicle Purchase. Out The Door Price (Everything included, taxes, Tags, fees, etc.) for $31,450.00.
  • samcosamco Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2012
    Inc destination and taxes? can you itemized the total cost pls?
  • crabcakecrabcake Member Posts: 2
    That was my "Out the door" price, includes everything. Roof Rack: $269, All Season Floor Mats: $129, Door Edge Guards: $126, Front Mud Guards: $79, Fog Lights: $491, Processing Fee: $399, Sales Tax: $923, Tags/Title: $51, DMV online filing fee: $10, Extended Warranty: $553, which leaves $28,420 for the price of the CR-V with NAVI. Pin stripe and wheel locks were thrown in, no charge.
  • bluewahoobluewahoo Member Posts: 2
    What dealership did you work with in VA?
    Unfortunately, Faulkner Honda has no EX-Ls at this time to sell.
    They were getting a delivery on 12 th or close to that.Did they tell you that?
  • orafuporafup Member Posts: 1
    good deal ! I am in CA and bought mine for 28,400 including running board and tailgate spoiler. Tax + license had cost me almost 31K.
    They did say they were getting more but did not want to do a deal without the one I wanted actually being on hand. I may have gotten a rookie salesman. So, I did a local deal for about the same price. Your information certainly helped. Thank you.
    Great,I wish you luck with your new purchase!
  • asrbuyasrbuy Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer in VA?

Thanks!
    Just bought a 2012 crv-ex 2wd for 25200 (OTD). I hope it's a reasonable price.
    Thanks to everyone in this forum. I have been following your messages since last one month and it helped me to take a decision.

Thanks again.
  • y_fishy_fish Member Posts: 3
    Good deal! This forum really has lots of valuable information.
    I'm also looking for an EX 2wd, maybe this month~~

Can you tell us what is the price of the vehicle(including 810 destination charge) and the tax rate in your sate? Itemlized OTD would be best~~ THX
  • narenare Member Posts: 1
    I was told at the dealership in Okemos MI that 2WD are not being made, and will not be made for months (if at all). Have others heard this info?
    My papers are inside the Car. I will go through it and let u know the itemized details. In meantime, please find below the approximate details .

price: 23700
    Tax: 1850 (CA)
    Doc fee, dmv fee, etc: 400
    - got around seven fifty dollar rebate from Honda (if u will go through the Honda financing)
  • tpcooltpcool Member Posts: 15
    hi,

I am looking to purchase the 2012 CRV EX- 2WD model. I am located in the bay area, CA. I talked to few dealers, and only South Bay Honda (Milpitas) seems to have the color and model that I want. I talked to Dublin Honda also, and I asked if they can give the car at invoice, and he said he can give it at Invoice + $1000, but they don't have the color that I want. Is this a good deal. I am planning to use the same price or start off with Invoice + $500 when negotiating with South Bay Honda.

Numbers will come out like this (tentative)

Option-1: Low Ball Invoice + $500

Invoice + Destination + $500
    = $22,699 + $810 + 500
    = $24,009

OTD = vehicle price + Tax,Tags,License at 9.35% approx
    = $24,009 + $2,248
    = $26,258

Option-2: Invoice + $1000

Invoice + Destination + $1000
    = $22,699 + $810 + 1000
    = $24,509

OTD = vehicle price + Tax,Tags,License at 9.35% approx
    = $24,509 + $2,292
    = $26,801

Do you guys think is it a good deal? I am thinking of starting off with option-1 and max option-2. Do you know of any other dealer who can beat this price? I will be taking external financing.

It is weird that all the local dealers here have only a handful of 5 to 8 2012 models on the lot. Does anyone know when dealers are going to full inventory? Not sure if full inventory will lower the pricing, but at least customers will have more options to choose from.

thanks
  • smc5784smc5784 Member Posts: 3
    Anybody heard much on the LX models? I've gotten differing accounts from the dealers around here. Some are saying they will be available later this month; some are saying they're not even in production yet.

However, I have gotten some price quotes on the LX already. Looking for one with no options, I've been quoted $22,600 (including destination fee, but not including tax & tag) and then $21,850 (same). Anyone else heard prices on the LX?

By the way, this is in Mississippi.
  • smc5784smc5784 Member Posts: 3
    I should've added that I'm looking at the 2WD
  • sharavatarsharavatar Member Posts: 24
    I plan to purchase a 2012 FWD EX-L in a week. Is it a good price for $500 over invoice, ads, dest.? I am living in San Jose, CA.

Truecar invoice 25,157
    ads 270
    dest 810
    = 26,237 plus $500

That would be 26,737 plus ttl,docs,tax as total.
    Yes, I would think so Invoice + 500 is a decent target. I would say start off with Invoice and then converge to Invoice + 500. Even I am thinking of buying EX 2WD. I am also in Bay area, San Jose
    Just stumbled on the website of Clawson Honda in Fresno, CA. They seem to have lot of 2012 CRV vehicles.

I selected Honda + 2012 + CRV + Any Trim

"108 Vehicles currently match your selection, displaying 1 to 30"

All my local dealers in bay area seem to have just under 10 vehicles, but these guys seem to have huge inventory.

Any one have experience with these guys? I am yet to contact this dealer, and see what price they will offer. May be going on month end will work?

Any other thoughts? I am looking for CRV EX 2WD. Targeting for Invoice + 500 max
    It is a web page problem. You cannot select make/model, that's why you get a list of all type of Honda vehicles in the result report. I see there're about 20 of them.
    There's a regional fee $244 from TureCar.com. I wonder if that is part of dealer's commission too.
    Does anybody know about this cost -- ads fee?

thanks。
    I talked to the sales by phone at South Bay last night. My feeling is that they will get the color you want if they are interested in doing business with you.
    I have got the quote by phone from the sales by phone, but I am wondering how much I should bargain when I go to their office.
    edited January 2012
    As I said, I think it is really hard to get a correct price on the phone. Once we are there in the dealer, start off with invoice and move upto invoice + 500 or invoice + 750. We should be ready to walk away. I would assume all the dealers will be getting more and more inventory in few days/weeks.

One sales rep at stevens creek mentioned that all the cars in the first lot are coming directly from Japan, and she says later it will be local assembly. Not sure how much this is true, and if it makes a difference at all
    If the VIN number starts with J, then it is made in Japan. The paper on the windows also tell you the location it was assembled, and the percentage of the parts made in US, as I remembered. (I have test drive about 7 cars in last weekend.)
    Thanks, this is good info about VIN starting with J
    edited January 2012
    I would think. All these can be negotiated to be taken out

Mandatory/legit is only (vehicle + parts) invoice + destination + any nominal doc fee

By the way, does anyone what is a reasonable doc fee in CA

How much we should negotiate the doc fee for?
  • jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    California's Doc fee is capped at $55
    If it is starting with numbers, like 1,or 2, then it is assembled in US.
    This is the first time I used the Internet to inquire the quote for new car purchase. Just want to share with you the result. I asked quotes for CRV 2WD EX-L in my neighborhood, the bay area. I think I will go to visit them over the weekend one by one from the top to bottom. It may not mean too much, but just an indicator how much they want to do the business with me.

that's a good deal.
  • ditadita Member Posts: 4
    need some help here folks. I'm moving to the bay area next week and only have 2 days before my new employment begins.
    I have narrowed down my crv to 2WD-EX with non acceptable colors being black,white and sage colors (all other colors acceptable).
    what is the best way to go about getting genuine quotes from the bay dealers and how wide should I cast the net? 50 miles? 100 miles?

I'm coming from a small town where at most, we may have 2 or 3 dealers so it's easy to get quotes.

In the bay area, there are 20 dealers, should I hit every one of their website and submit for a quote? or should I make my own email template and send it to each of the dealers (don't know their email id's).

Also, in the Bay Area, do we need a AWD vehicle or a 2WD will suffice?
    we will primarily use this vehicle to get to work and for general pleasure...
    Thanks much