Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shyboyshyboy Member Posts: 36
    Any cheap place to get the CR-V Accessories?

I am particularly interested to get body side molding and all weather matts.

any place who offer good prices as well as shipping?

I am planing to install by myself.

thanks,
  • caffycaffy Member Posts: 5
    We were told by Trickett Honda in Nashville that the LXs would begin arriving next week. However, Trickett gave us such an excellent deal on an EX that we completed the deal this morning (Urban Titanium w/beige interior). We got an EX 2WD for invoice plus $810 destination (23508.92), $299 dealer fee, tax & title. They offered us the car for invoice immediately - no haggling - after we contacted them via their website last Friday. Salesman: Bill Steed .... this has been about the best car purchase we've ever experienced.
  • sharavatarsharavatar Member Posts: 24
    Kumar,
    I had an offer of 28700 OTD for EXL 2WD yesterday, in an east bay dealer, but will need to wait for a few days swapping. So, I took one available with 28800 OTD from a different dealer and drove it home yesterday.
    They all said there will be another delivery in a couple weeks. I visited almost all the dealership in the south/east bay areas and it is true that FWD/EXL is short in supply this week.
  • georgebush1georgebush1 Member Posts: 22
    Cant help you on the LX, but Im in Atlanta as well and shopping for an EX. Ive had contact with all the local dealers and $500 off MSRP is WAYYYY off. Im getting $200-$300 above invoice.
  • kumar10kumar10 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info. I am trying to see if here is any offer around $28K. I may need to wait till this month end.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    If you need all season mats right now then go for the OEM ones, but if you can wait a couple months then I recommend getting the WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiners (2012 CRV came out recently so it'll take them a little while to make the mats for them) -- they're expensive compared to OEM but these mats have raised sides so it protects your carpet better (have them in my Civic and they're great, worth the extra money if you plan on keeping your car for a long time). Another brand is Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners which also have raised sides and are cheaper than WeatherTech, but never bought them so I don't know how they are

For accessories you can check eBay for OEM ones -- here are some discounted online websites but you'll have to price things out on your own to see who's the cheapest with shipping:
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/ (they also have PDFs on how to install)
    http://www.bernardiparts.com/ (they also have PDFs on how to install)
    http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ (they also have PDFs on how to install)
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
    http://www.hondapartscheap.com/
    http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/
    http://www.bkhondaparts.com/
  • sammath7sammath7 Member Posts: 1
    hi, we are looking for the 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L in San Diego area. I wanted to know whom did you contact at the Poway Internet sales dept. was there a lot of back and forth. Till date I contacted the Norm Reeves @ Cerritos where they quoted $27050 + Tax and fees Pacific where they quoted $31000 OTD. I was looking for a more reasonable offer on the EX-L. Will appreciate all the inputs. Thanks
  • shyboyshyboy Member Posts: 36
    jatahn:

Thank you very much.
  • runner9037runner9037 Member Posts: 4
    Wow thats a great deal. The dealer I went to was offering $500 off MSRP PLUS the 810 destination fee.
    I contacted Curry Honda, and they offered $500 off MSRP but they said that MSRP did NOT include the $810 destination charge. I don't think any of the dealerships have a shortage of CRVs... the other dealerships have 20+ CRVs in inventory. I'm waiting to hear back from other dealers I've contacted.
    Good Luck. BTW, the destination charge in the Atlanta metro area is actually $710. Edmunds list it as $810 and they are wrong. So, dont let Curry charge that price.
  • trunksalantrunksalan Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    I also purchased a 2012 2WD EX at Poway Honda! Dec 29, 2011 Urban Titanium $24,310 car price (895 off MSRP of $25,205) and $26500 OTD. I also had the mud flaps, wheel locks and cargo tray included, I also had them throw in free all weather mats because there was a blemish in the plastic in front. Blemish was fixed by poway honda though.

$3000+ for the corolla trade in is not too shabby i suppose.

I did get screwed on the financing though, I was led to believe that I will get Honda Financing with a Honda rate of 3.29%. But I ended up getting financing from a bank I haven't even heard of! (Fifth Third Bank). I did get the same rate but, there are bunch of horror stories all over the net of this bank and their loans. There are no local fifth third banks here and I cannot pay on their website. I had to use my bank's ACH to pay my first payment (Although someone on yahoo answers mentioned that their ACH payment was rejected...I haven't gotten a rejection yet, I'll have to call Fifth third bank to make sure my payment cleared). They won't allow me to refinance with Honda...

Darn Poway Honda! I don't reccomend them for their shady financing. The sales people were real nice, I suppose I just got screwed by the financing people. If you have to finance from Poway Honda make sure you get Honda Financing, or use your own bank!
    You always have to keep an eye out when you buy something (especially with a big purchase) -- ask questions, don't assume anything and read the paperwork before you sign

5/3 is a mid-sized regional bank in the midwest and southeastern US -- their website is outdated so I'm not surprised that they dont offer better payment options, but I dont see why they would reject a bank payment sent from a checking account at another bank. Cant you signup for an online account to see your loan balance and to see if the payment was posted?

Dealers will shop around to get loan approvals from a bunch of banks -- they usually tell you the lowest rate they find, but if there are multiple lenders with similar rates then they usually go for the one that gives them the highest commission. Whenever you get approval from a dealer, ask them the lender's name, interest rate, any penalties for paying off early, and what other lenders/rates are available
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Ditto on 5th/3rd... they are not a small bank. They used to be a giant in credit card processing, until they spun off that business. They are also a traditional bank (No. 1 in deposits in Cincinnati).

I wouldn't sweat it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saitohsaitoh Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I was quoted on a 2012 Honda CR-V LX AWD model with only standard features for $23,300 that includes destination charge. Is this a good deal? I'm around the Philadelphia area.
  • ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    When we bought our CR-V about a month ago our loan is through Wells Fargo. I was thinking we were going to get Honda financing. Who cares. It was still 2.9%. We just signed up for on-line banking with our credit union. Payment comes out on the 15th of every month.
  • 2012crvlxawd2012crvlxawd Member Posts: 11
    I got E quote $22111 in NJ.
  • saitohsaitoh Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me which dealership provided that price?
  • bb787cbb787c Member Posts: 1
    Does the quote include the destination fee?
    Finally pulled the trigger on a 2012, EX after looking, to no avail, for the white diamond pearl. I got it in Silver Alabaster. $24,500 OTD with a trade-in. I got $750.00 for the trade-in. Dealer add-on's were cargo tray, splash guards, 3M door edge guards, floor mats. No-haggle, and I was in and out in no time. Overall it was a great experience. Gwinnett Place Honda.
  • raptor11raptor11 Member Posts: 5
    Here is mine.

2012 CRV EX AWD (roof rails, racks and wheel locks) for $27350 OTD.

($25400 plus taxes(7.75% and title fee). I took a 2.14% financing from a credit union.

Car drives good so far. My previous car was a 3.8L v6. So, that says how much I have downgraded on performance. But Mileage isnt great either. I do 70% highway and 30% city. I get 24.5 Mpg average. (i use econ mode once in a while). Econ seriously hurts the performance, its an electronic nanny. I drove from cleveland to boston and back (1300 miles RT). I had a disappointing 24.5 mpg avg. I had some strong head winds near Syracuse buffalo...But inspite, I was hoping to see close to 28 atleast. Its been a month and car has 1900 miles on odo. I am little disappointed. How about everyone else?
    MPG on FWD models isnt bad, but the AWD gets less MPG than rated

Check the other thread: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f210009
  • chichachicha Member Posts: 1
    This is what i got from the dealer.....

$26893 Your Price
    $1882.51 7% Tax
    $149.00 Doc fee covers registration transfer and title transfer
    $1.25 Fed tire tax
    $28925.76 Out the door

is this a good price?......Located in Indianapolis IN.
  • levardislevardis Member Posts: 2
    In the market for an 2012 CRV LX. Is the general idea to :

find out the invoice price
    add destination fee
    add document fees or other "dealer profit" fees (administrative fees, etc)
    factor in state sales tax
    factor in title and vehicle registration fees per your county

=arrive at negotiating price?
  • 2012crvlxawd2012crvlxawd Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    It is Autosport Honda in Bridgewater NJ. But I wonder if an email quote can be trusted. It might be a way to bring you in.
  • asca2asca2 Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased a CR-V LX, for 24,000 with tax and license included, and LoJack in Pasadena, CA. After doing a lot of research and shopping around, this was the best price we could find. They even matched the interest rate that we got from our credit union, 2.9% over 5 years.
  • qinsong99qinsong99 Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2012
    This was the lowest price that I could get in central Ohio. No other dealer would be able to match the price, which did not include 6.75% OH sales tax, title and documentation fees ($270). I traded in my 2010 EXL 4WD with NAVI and 22K miles to the same dealer for $23,000. The financing rate is 2.99% from a local bank. I am happy with the deal and enjoy the new ride very much.
  • hank1724hank1724 Member Posts: 5
    Not the LX..but just got a grt deal on the 2012 CR-V EX AWD, $23,900 + free remote starter. OTD price $25,900 (in Boston). LX should be at least 2K cheaper
    I purchased a 2012 CRV LX @ 23,500. Price included 7% sales tax and all fees.
  • dan49dan49 Member Posts: 7
    Hank ,what dealer and salesman in Boston I would like that deal.
  • prs6prs6 Member Posts: 9
    Which state you have purchased that from?
  • levardislevardis Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for posting your price. This gives me a better idea when I go in this weekend to haggle for the LX model. BTW, did you have to deal with something called the "dealer inventory tax"? From what I'm reading, this is a tax that dealers have to pay at the end of the year and they've tried to pass this on to the buyer. Just curious.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• petergibonspetergibons Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone else received a letter like the letter we received? The letter is titled Assistance Letter and gives two options.

Option one is: Trade in vehicle and receive "Top Market Value" towards the purchase of a new Honda and receive dealer name Honda's Employee Pricing. That's right, you pay what we pay and you still receive all incentives!

Option two: Sell us your vehicle! No purchase necessary! We'll pay top dollar for Honda vehicles even if you don't purchase a vehicle from us.

The letter goes on to say it is not a gimmick, and that Employee pricing will allow us to purchase any Honda in stock and pay what are employees pay. The trade negotiation will not happen and claims to be a no hassle no haggle way to buy a Honda.

The letter says the offer will expire on 02-28-12 and is from a dealer a half hour away.

So how legit is this? We would like to trade in our 2007 Odyssey for a new CRV AWD EX and not walk away getting nailed by hidden or fixed charges, or feeling like we were taken advantage of.

Should we look into this?

Thanks,

Pete
  • joensuefayjoensuefay Member Posts: 3
    Looking for current prices paid in CT
  • vicsinvicsin Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2012 CRV LX AWD for $22,200 + Taxes/fees. Satisfied with purchase as of now. Getting some real good mileage.
  • floridalfcfloridalfc Member Posts: 2
    I live in Jacksonville Florida. Has anyone bought a CR-V EX 2WD or 4WD from a local dealer? Would you mind posting your price? Originally, I was leaning toward the LX, but I the look of the White (Diamond Pearl). Thanks.
  • vpalvpal Member Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me what is the Fluid change intervals for Honda CRV. I have been doing the following:
    Oil change - every 5k miles
    Rear Diff fluid - 15k
    Transmission fluid - 30k
    Brake fluid - ?
    Power steering - ?
    Tire rotation - 5k
    Alignment - 10k

Please let me know if above is appropriate or I need change or add anything? I live in Charlotte which has Normal driving conditions. Please let me know any more regular maintainace I need to do.
  • sunnsmsunnsm Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking for CRV 2012 EX FWD. The best quote I have got so far is 22821 including destination fee in chicago. My goal is to get it down to 22k..which would get it to 24K OTD
  • floridalfcfloridalfc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, sunnsm. 24K OTD would be sweet. Please keep posted, if you would. Good luck.
  • sunnsmsunnsm Member Posts: 2
    Sure...assuming Feb end would show some good deals
  • rabbitmanrabbitman Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I just bought my 2012 Honda CRV EX 2WD in urban titanium for $23,800 + body side moldings, chrome exhaust, lifetime oil change and cargo mat, the OTD price was 26,000 even. According to kbb.com my price is $300 above invoice so I think I did really well, thoughts?
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    Forget what you read on Edmunds, TrueCar, and CarsDirect about pricing and "true dealer cost", etc. On Feb. 11, 2012 I purchased a new CR-V, EX L w/Nav for $26,499, which included the mud flaps and the rubber cargo tray. - MSRP was $29,355, + about $302 for the flaps and the cargo tray, which the dealer already installed and said I could have for free - they also said I got the $895 add-on "appearance package" which walkin customers pay for (since it is already added tot he sticker price on the window), but since I was and"internet" customer I would not be charged for that...hmmmm...

Based on Edumunds information I got it for about $900 UNDER invoice; based on CarsDirect I got it for about $1000 under invoice. And, "invoice" is not what the dealer pays. According to TrueCars I got it for about $800 under "what the true dealer cost" is - they say the "true" delaer cost is $27.072!

The car is Alabaster Silver with black leather interior - so far, so good...
  • tnvol4tnvol4 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Purchased 2012 crv ex-l, no nav, no RES $25,352. It was $23,000 OTD after $4,500 for my trade in memphis. This included wheel locks, nitro tires, mud flaps, and cargo tray.
  • janesjjanesj Member Posts: 1
    Hi, we are looking for 2012 Honda CR-V LX FWD in San Jose area. I got a quote for OTD $24,200. Will appreciate all the inputs. Thanks.
  • ksayersksayers Member Posts: 59
    Check "truecar.com" for pricing. $400 over invoice + T+L is good.
  • sunbu95sunbu95 Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2012
    dealer don in marion ohio.

MSRP 29105
    add cross bars 270
    total 29375

doc 250, tax 1862, title 15, 30 day ohio tag 18.50

my price otd 29478
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    what state are you in, that price just seems unobtainable. I am in Florida. Can you post anymore information. I am looking for and EXL Nav 2wd as well and would love to get anywhere close to that deal. Thanks.
  • tazzy8tazzy8 Member Posts: 6
    Is this a FW or an AW drive EX-L?
  • tnvol4tnvol4 Member Posts: 5
    It is a FW, it also included lifetime oil changes.