Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tnvol4tnvol4 Member Posts: 5
    Got ours 2wd ex-l no nav at $25,352 before trade or taxes
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    Did your $25,352 include the Destination Charge? Who was your dealer?
  • rkmamidi1rkmamidi1 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a Honda CRV LX 2012 at showcase Honda in Downtown Phoenix for 24,500 OTD Included Nitro Tires, Mud Flaps, Trunk Mat, Accent Lining, Zaaktek Protection for Free.

Added 6 years 75,000 miles of extended warranty and Maintenance package (includes Brake Pads and Oil Changes) for $1200 later (Started from $2600 but negotiated to $1200 finally ). This warranty is fully transferable and can be cancelled at any time.

Planning to add Off the road Leather for $1100 (Showcase honda has a local dealer who they work with the leather they use is much better quality than the factory leather.)

So my final total was $26,800 OTD all added into my loan for 4.5% Apr for 72 Months = $ 435 month.

Not sure if got a good deal.
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    I understand your skepticism re: the price I paid, kapkanimd - if I hadn't been the one buying I probably would not have believed it either. I live in Atlanta and bought the CR V EX - L w/Nav for $26,499 - and if I am lying, then I am dying...
  • jazzmews24jazzmews24 Member Posts: 4
    Please share which dealer in Atlanta gave you such a good price. Thanks.
  • doc3sdoc3s Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering as I also purchased 2012 CRV EXL AWD w/navi in Middletown, NY.
    Did you get a Anti Theft Identification Card (with navi and radio code numbers and serial numbers)?

My dealer told me that it was not being sent with the new CRVs.
    I called Honda and they said the new CRVs do not need one.

However, it is mentioned in the book.
    I just want to confirm with another owner.

Thanks
  • vr2012vr2012 Member Posts: 2
    doc3,
    How much did you pay from NY for CRV EX-L with navi
  • jazzmews24jazzmews24 Member Posts: 4
    Hi tnvol4,
    I'm guessing you're a TN Vol fan. Did you get this CR-V in TN? If so, which city?
    Thanks.
  • macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

If you're willing to travel that far up to LA, try Riverside Honda.
    My aunt got quoted 26795 for a CR-V EX-L 2WD with nav at Spreen. Once we got there, however, their manager pooh pooh the deal after 2 hours of paper work. They wanted to add either 5 - 7 years warranty or the teflon etched on coating for $975 each. 31K OTD was their computation. She turned them down. I bought my Odyssey from them 2 years back without problem, but this time it was. I don't know why, but it appeared they pick and choose their customers as to who got the deal.
    On the way back, we passed by Riverside Honda, and got the deal with 1 catch. They asked her to finance the whole amount at 4.5% or monthly payment of 471. No penalty for prepayment after 3 months. I recalled someone said they got $750 back from Honda for the financing (no current offer on CR-V for 0% or 0.9%). They did try to make her add the 5 - 7 years warranty and the teflon coating at 700 and 600 respectively. She also turned them down, but they did insisted on the finance to okay the deal. Her OTD price was 29281 I think. I haven't test drive the car, or looked at the final invoice to see what was included in the car (they did try to sell at least the coating as 'standard' of all the cars coming out of their lot). The car had 1.7 mile on the odometer and still has glue all over where the plastic shielding were (including the wheels), so I am doubtful that was the case.
    Spreen did say the RES models were not selling off their lot so you might have your choice of color and price there.
    Yes that included dest. charge/Wolfchase Honda
    Yes I am, and I got it in Memphis.
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    Wow, I thought Spreen was better than that. I would write a review on Yelp to warn others (I think Spreen people read Yelp). I have not got my CRV yet but have been talking to Spreen internet person. I asked for Diamond Pearl but he said those were sold as soon as he got them (actually pre-sold). One thing he also told me that his manager would not sell those cars without adding warranty and dealer options. What they did to you and your aunt was wrong. I should have a solid back up plan before driving up there from San Diego. Gas price has made me less enthusiastic about getting another SUV. Thanks for the report.
    Honda Mall of GA - you have to get with the overall GM and deal with him and the internet sales team...
  • acura85acura85 Member Posts: 12
    Could you provide dealership name, city and state. Is your car AWD or FWD?
  • vr2012vr2012 Member Posts: 2
    where in NJ did you get this offer?
    Can you refer me to this same sales person for similar quote?
    and is Honda CRV EXL with navi right!!!

thanks
  • ahd3ahd3 Member Posts: 7
    I recently purchased a 2012 CRV-XL with Nav. The finance guy really pushed this security system as he said Honda is the #1 stolen car here in AZ. The cost of the Rockledge Security System was $750. Has anyone else purchased this? Is it really needed? They were supposed to install it at the time of purchase but didn't. I'm heading back today for tech training and am thinking about cancelling this. Any advice?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    That's what insurance is for...

Let me ask you... what do you do when you hear a car alarm?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• raptor11raptor11 Member Posts: 5
    Hmmm...something doesn't seem right. Could you tell me how many miles were on the cars odo when you picked it up0? Usually dealerships try to get some demo cars out of their lot.

Need less to say about demo cars, whoever gets their hands behind the wheel, beats the crap out of them. those dealership miles are a pain for them. When I was in dealership, a psychotic sales man slammed the door of a exl demo and told me, " This is honda, this is solid build quality". I was shocked to see what demo cars endure. For these raped cars with their disturbed childhood; they pay back its entire life, in terms of suffered mpg, engine idling problems, worn brake pads, body issues and so on.

When I bought mine, I told the guy (a different dealership, not the door slamming guy) to get me an EX AWD under 10 miles. He got me one under 6 miles. (I waited for 2 weeks and got this one pulled fresh out of truck). Usually dealers try to clear out wasted demo cars, cars with blemishes when handling during shipment and so on, with some rebates. I think you may have got something like a demo.
  • kumar10kumar10 Member Posts: 6
    I have bought HONDA CRV 2WD EXL with 5 miles on odometer. The car so far drives excellent and i love it. I paid 26,200+ tax/lic etc., but other dealers ready to give for 26k but they did not have the color what i want....it took almost 1 month to find the color what i want. I Hope in bay area the price i paid is good....
  • hobie1981hobie1981 Member Posts: 23
    Paid $27919.00 on 2/28. Urban Titanium with beige interior.

Hobie
  • tunicababytunicababy Member Posts: 1
    Just got home from a test drive of a CR-V EXL at Scott Clark Honda. The list price was $27,855. They quoted $26,752 but ADDED $879 for the "VIP Package" (paint protection, pin stripe, and something else). After that, there is $699 in "Dealer Admin Fees". That brought the price tag to $28,330. From what I see here, we can negotiate some of those extra fees down quite a bit. Does anyone have experience dealing in Charlotte?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It's funny.

People will spend four hours grinding on price then they will go into finance
    and spend 750.00 for an aftermarket alarm system when the car already has one from the factory!
    In my fourteen years of selling Hondas, never once did anyone "beat the crap" out of any of our cars. Where do you get that?

A couple of times I made people pull over so I could get out and drive back but that was because they drove like an idiot or scared me.

Most stores don't allow solo test drives and even then, there is little a person can to to a car to inflict permanent damage.

" they pay back it's entire life" Sorry, this is just bad information!
  • ahd3ahd3 Member Posts: 7
    It's not funny in my situation. I never grinded them on price--they said I came in at a great time but then when all was said and done, jacked up the price of the CRV by 1k so basically I got 0 for my trade in. The finance guy told me the alarm was needed because more Hondas (or Honda engines) are stolen in AZ than anywhere else. It was not my idea to get the alarm--it was his idea so he could make a commission. You're a Honda salesman, right? Can I have them disable this pricey alarm system and refund my money? If not, I definitely learned my lesson--Buy no extras from finance!
    I didn't say you were a price grinder although I think you said in your first post that you had spent several hours in that process.

I suppose you can ask for a refund on the alarm although YOU are the one who agreed to buy it.

No longer a Honda salesperson but was in sales/management for almost 14 years. Decided to retire last year.
  • anubhav1anubhav1 Member Posts: 4
    kumar,
    I am also planning to buy HONDA CRV 2WD EXL (black exterior / beige interior)
    which dealer did u buy it from? does 26,200 include dest. fee of 810?
    Can u give a breakdown of other dealer fees (ex. Documentation fees, dealer fee, Administrative fees etc).

I tried Costco Auto program and they have quoted me 26,188 + 810 = 26,998 + tax/lic/fees
    Is this price reasonable?...
  • lion_kinglion_king Member Posts: 8
    Hello all,

I think it would be much clearer if we all post the prices paid in terms of how much $ over the invoice. Everybody has something different in what he/she paid for so it is very tiring to read all the different prices. Let's try like this:

Body style, price paid over invoice, purchase location (or dealer), purchase date
    Example:
    EX-L, $300 over invoice, Seattle WA, Mar 5, 2012

Thank all for sharing!
  • crv_lx_2012crv_lx_2012 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for the quote for CRV LX 2012 in Columbus, OH
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    That is a great price, can you mention the dealer you bought from?

Thanks in advance
  • russkiyrusskiy Member Posts: 3
    The best price I got is $25,170 + doc fee $250 + title and tax. Is this a reasonable price for this model?
    Hi: Atamian Honda in Tewksbury. Boch (Norwood) and Chambers (Burlington) also competed for my business and were at the same #'s.

Hope this helps...

Jeff
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Definitely! I checked out Chambers in Burlington but they lowballed me bigtime on my trade and they didn't even try to pursue negotiations afterwards. it was that "Take it or leave it" attitude that was a complete turnoff.

I'll definitely check out Atamian tho, I'm not really a fan of Boch Jr.

Thanks again!
  • dan49dan49 Member Posts: 7
    Good Morning, I am in the Boston area shopping for price on 2012 CR-V Ex awd .I may have missed a few threads still looking for the best price

Thanks dano
  • vkamalarvkamalar Member Posts: 4
    Did this include taxes etc, or were those extra?

Thanks,
    Vinod
  • vin_kvin_k Member Posts: 2
    I received a quote of 26990 + tax + 200$ (Dealer document fees) for a 2012 CR-V AWD EX-L in NJ area. This is a little below the invoice price. Deal seems too good to be true. I m looking for a urban titanium with black interior and the dealer does not have one and he is "locating" it. Any catch??
    Hi: The $27919 was out the door price at the dealer. Sales tax, registration, etc are paid elseware.
    Are you getting nav???There are lots of UT/Black. CR-V's in our neck of the woods.
  • vin_kvin_k Member Posts: 2
    No.. This is without Nav.. Is this a good price(26990)?
    Hi: Sure...$27100 is a fairly aggressive price for early in the month. Hows it compare to other dealers in your neck of the woods? That's really the best way to know.
  • kumar10kumar10 Member Posts: 6
    My price was 26,200 including destination fee. You have to add approx 10% (for tax, lice, doc fee etc.,). Both fremont and concord able to match this price.
    I should have wait for some more time, there are dealer who are ready to give 26k, so try your luck.
    Good luck.
  • gwdewgwdew Member Posts: 9
    Anyone have any experience getting a quote for a 2012 Honda CRV AWD EX-L in the NYC Metro Area (specifically Northern NJ). I got an online quote of $27,125 (that's including destination). Also, do you think the AWD version is worth it (maintenance) or should I just stick with FWD?
  • mambwe33mambwe33 Member Posts: 4
    I went to a dealer to lease a 2012 Honda CR-v EX and this is what I got:

39 months - 12,000 miles per year

$299/month with $1300 out of pocket.

I know I need to get the selling price to see if it is a good deal, but I figured I would post this and see what you thought.
  • anubhav1anubhav1 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a black CRV EXL today from Dublin Honda
    Price (incl dest fee) - 26000
    sales tax - 8.25%
    Total OTD = 28500

Awesome buying experience through their Internet deptt.. Price negotiated over email.. In and out in 1 hr ...
    Nope, raptor11, the 2WD, CRV EX-L w/nav I purchased for $26,499 (including splash guards and cargo tray) had 4 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot - sorry you had a bad experience, but I assure you that is the deal I received via the internet and what I paid when I went to pick the car up - I did trade in my 2005, 4door Honda Civic EX and received $3000 for it - it had 162,000 miles on it, and some minor fender damage, but based on what I researched as to its "trade value" via NADA, KBB, Edmunds and Blackbook the $3000 was right in line with what I thought it to be worth - so my drive out price, including the trade, was $23,499 + doc fee (a normal for dealers in my area), plus 7% sales tax, $18 title fee, and $4 lemon law fee...
  • hank1724hank1724 Member Posts: 5
    Apologies for the delay in replying...The dealer is Herb Chambers, Boston @ Common Wealth Av. Ask for James (the internet Sale director) or Eli, the salesman! Good luck..
  • hank1724hank1724 Member Posts: 5
    I got a great deal in Boston on the EX AWD 2012 trim...$23,900 + remote starter (include desitination fee). + tax + doc + reg fee..OTD @25,900
  • andyman1970andyman1970 Member Posts: 47
    $25,9 OTD? Was there a trade part of that transaction?
  • lion_kinglion_king Member Posts: 8
    Here is a recent quote I've got:

EX-L, $400 over invoice, Minneapolis, MN, March 12, 2012

Is this a decent quote?
    Thanks
  • ersoerso Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I'm leasing a 2012 crv, 15k miles per yr, 36 month lease. Dealer is trying to sell me prepaid maintenance at $20 per month; I'm not convinced about it. Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated.

thanks
  • supersundsupersund Member Posts: 21
    What are your monthly payments and what are you putting down? (If anything.)