Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hank1724hank1724 Member Posts: 5
    Re: CR-V 2012 AWD EX trim....No trade, but it was a cash buy out, which doesn't make a difference as the dealer prefer you finance with them for obvious reasons.
  • supersundsupersund Member Posts: 21
    Hi lakerat83, did that $26,499 include the destination fee? The dealers I've talked to want to give me $26,547 plus an $810 destination charge, plus a 265 HDAG charge which totals $27,623. They are calling that price invoice.
  • for_carfor_car Member Posts: 2
    Is the price $26499 for 2012 Honda CRV EXL with Navigation. Who is the dealer?
  • for_carfor_car Member Posts: 2
    Hi

What is the best price I can pay for 2012 Honda CRV EXL with Nav in Texas? The least quote I have received so far is for $29100 (inclusive of everything)...is this a good price.
  • imp33imp33 Member Posts: 1
    This message board was pretty useful to read so I will contribute.

I just bought the EX trim CRV for 24900 OTD from a dealer after calling numerous people.

I'm not 100% happy with the price but I am okay with it. I think I could've done better if I had more time, but I needed the car right away.

My one piece of advice: Just remember to try to get it in writing!! Quotes over the phone can be iffy. We agreed upon one price but when the print out was brought out for me to sign, it was HIGHER than what I thought it would be. Luckily I was able to pull up an email on my phone and showed it to the sales rep. He went back to his office and printed another print out with the price that was a couple of hundred cheaper.

Good luck everyone! It was an okay experience and you gotta be adamant to catch "mistakes".
  • lexus600lexus600 Member Posts: 4
    2 mouths ago i got 23900( incl wheel locks, mud guard, winter met ) +doc fee+ title +tax , so it's not a great deal.
    now i am looking to spend 24500 to get a ex-l awd no nav,but i think that will only happen when there is incentives for the 2012 . plase update if anyone getting a close price
    thank you
  • w62w62 Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    Hi, All

I am looking for CRV-2012 EX-L 4wd with navigation in Seattle area. Any body knows a good dealer or what price you paid for, or what is the a good price for 4WD CRV with Navigation? any info about this is appreciated.

Thank you!
  • pc1234pc1234 Member Posts: 2
    hi,

Bought my New 2012 CRV - EX-L with Navigation last week for $100 less than Invoice in Milwaukee,WI

Paid $28500 (Includes Destination) + Taxes n Accessories.

Did i overpay ?
  • jen76ricjen76ric Member Posts: 2
    Looking at the brushed metal EX-L with gray interior, no accessories for an out the door price of $26222. Has anyone in the VA area gotten a better deal?
  • bobbie4572bobbie4572 Member Posts: 7
    In Jacksonville, FL, I just paid $24,500, plus tax & tag for a total of $26,910 out the door for my 2012 Twilight Blue with Grey Leather Honda CRV EXL (no nav or dvd). I financed with Navy Fed and got a 1.79% rate, so I think it was an excellent deal. What do you guys think? This had pinstripe, window tinting, nitrogen filled tires, 1 year road side assistance, mud guards, cargo tray and wheel locks included in the price.
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    Does the $24,500 include the Destination charges? What was your Sales Tax in FL?
  • lexus600lexus600 Member Posts: 4
    IS 4 WD ? OR 2 WD?
    ITS A THOUSEND DOLLAR DIFFERENT.
  • lion_kinglion_king Member Posts: 8
    You must meant $100 below MSRP. A 2WD EX-L w/nav has a sticker of $28545
    How come that low? The invoice should be $25157
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    As I mentioned previously, I paid $26,499(including rear cargo tray and mud guards) for a new (4 miles on the odometer) CRV-EX L w/Nav, and that included the destination charge (I had to add doc fee, tax , title, and lemon law fee to the $26,499). I live in the Atlanta area, so prices will vary wherever you live -the MSRP was $29,355, including the destination charge.

So, if you paid $29,100, that is not necessarily a good price, but, again, that my be the on-going collusion price between dealers in TX - however, if that was the drive out price (including any add-ons, plus, dealer "doc" fee(anywhere from $400 - $700 here in Atlanta), sales tax, tag, title and lemon law fee, then that my not be a bad price.
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    That is an excellent price - congratulations on a great deal...
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking for the exact same CR-V. Who was your Dealer and Contact?
  • robin58robin58 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I am planning to purchase a 2012 Honda CRV (LX AWD) this weekend.
    It must be preordered since they are not currently available on the lot.
    I will purchase the vehicle (without financing) in NJ.
    The best price I found was $20,833.00 (this includes all fees, taxes, etc..)
    This includes a trade in for a 2002 Buick Century (worth about $2,500)
    Is this a fair price or should I keep looking?
  • pc1234pc1234 Member Posts: 2
    its AWD EX_L with Nav for $28500(includes destination charge).. The MSRP is $29,790 with Destination($810)
  • iwu1974iwu1974 Member Posts: 2
    I may have missed the thread but can you relate the name of the dealership and salesman that assisted you? I am looking for exactly the same vehicle and am willing to buy anywhere on the east coast or midwest if I can get a price like you did. Congratulations on a great deal!
  • iwu1974iwu1974 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for my earlier post. Just found your earlier post. Thanks for sharing!
  • russkiyrusskiy Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide dealer's name and sales rep name?
  • 2012crvlxawd2012crvlxawd Member Posts: 11
    I am looking for the same LX AWD. 2500 should cover all fees and tax in NJ. It means the base price is below 21k. The invoice should be 21911. Which dealership did you get the offer? Please keep us posted.

Good Luck!
    Yes, it included the destination charge. Our sales tax is 6.5% or maybe 7%
    I bought my 2012 CRV EX-L at Coggin Honda in Jacksonville, FL. I also had another offer which was from Steve Lucas Honda for $24,900.00. I used the internet sales departments at both dealerships and negotiated. Good Luck to you all.
    Coggin Honda in Jacksonville on Atlantic is where I bought mine. I also had a great offer from Steve Lucas Honda in Orange Park. Good luck.
    2WD
    Thanks I thought so too.
    I couldn't tell you why it was such a good price, but it is a week old now and I am loving it so much!!
  • bhodge10bhodge10 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, if I can get a 2012 CR-V EL-RES with OEM remote starter installed and destination fee for $27,000, would that be a good price?
  • bhodge10bhodge10 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, if I can get a 2012 CR-V EL-RES 2 wheel drive with OEM remote starter installed and destination fee for $27,000, would that be a good price?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    That's a nasty term "collusion price"!

It's the MARKET that determines pricing. CRV's are great cars that the dealers have trouble keeping in stock. If a dealer or a group of dealers chooses to not cheao sell their cars, that is their choice and not "collusion"

There are other makes of cars that dealers will deeply discount because that is what they are worth in the prevailing marketplace.
  • jfb03jfb03 Member Posts: 1
    I want to thank everyone for their information. The prices have surely helped but I noticed most responses are midwest to back east or Florida. Let me give you an idea what it is like in Utah and Idaho. I was able to make a deal for a 2012 CR-V EX AWD at $24900 plus t/l/f, basically dealer invoice. I had to beg and plea for this deal with 6 different dealerships, through their internet sales and in person to get this deal done. No one else wanted to match it or beat it, they turned me away. The average going price for these units in this area is $600 over invoice to MSRP and above. If you ask for an internet quote, they give you the MSRP. They can't keep them on their lots and have huge waiting lists for preorders! If I wanted to drive 500 miles, I could get $24350 for only the unit they had on their lot, no choice on color. Anyone out there getting better the dealer invoice is doing really well...
  • ktinsleyktinsley Member Posts: 2
    This is Honda's current cash cow, so dealing at least here in Houston is hard, but yesterday we were able to get an EX-L with pro pack, body side moldings, door guards, and spoiler for $29,200 drive out (6.25% sales tax + t & l) from Gillman Honda here in Houston.....I tried to use a couple of prices listed on this forum, but with supply and demand here, the dealers are not as negotiable as other places in the country....we also were comparing this car with the new Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring package but could only get that for $30,200 drive out as it is a new model with very limited availability.
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Member Posts: 16
    Was it AWD or FWD, what was the MSRP?
  • jackybanjackyban Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have any recent OTD prices for EXL w/ leather in CA?

Thanks
  • shellbelle1shellbelle1 Member Posts: 2
    at Jeff Wyler Honda in Cinti, Ohio today. Got EXL model, AWD no navigation or entertainment package. Got the side body molding and cargo mat added. Paid 26,800 (includes destination charges) with those 2 add ons. Add $250 for doc fee, $33 for tags plus 6.5 percent tax, and I was out the door. Thanks to lots of internet research with other local dealers, I used their quotes to get the price where I wanted it. Took copies of their emailed quotes with me to the dealership to prove I wasn't trying to misrepresent what I had been told. Took copy of my credit report that I got online today with me (of course they ran their own, but helped show them that I was serious and well qualified/ informed buyer), and I managed to get 2.75 percent interest rate (my credit union quoted 2.95). I love my ride, and think I got a pretty good deal.
  • brettcasselbrettcassel Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I are in the market for a new 2012 CRV EXL. Based upon research, our goal is a firm out-the-door price of $26,500. Has anyone worked with any dealers in Dallas or have any leads of a dealer that would work with this price?
  • ktinsleyktinsley Member Posts: 2
    We just bought ours yesterday in Houston, so we would have the same Texas based 6.25% sales tax as well as title and liscense....no dealer in the Houston area would touch that price of 26.5K.....best advice is to ask all internet managers for quotes, take the lowest and work backwards with the remaining dealers from that...
  • KettyKetty Member Posts: 14
    Hello, After reading all the messages, I can see the dealers don't lower the price of the HONDA CRVs very much. My daughter has a 2000 with about 120, 000 miles and would like to purchase a new CRV. Since she really doesn't need to buy would she be better off waiting until the 2013 comes out and then start looking? or would she start looking at RAV 4s or another brand. Are the cars compatible but more reasonable prices? My 16 year old granddaughter hopes to get my daughter's car....we pass all are cars around.
    Below invoice with add-ons and even the doc fee? How could you do that? The best quote I could get in Minneapolis is $475 over. Am I being ripped off?
  • shellbelle1shellbelle1 Member Posts: 2
    to Lion King- just so that I am clear- the 26,800 was for the vehicle (CR-V EXL AWD, no navi or entertainment pkg). This price included the destination fee. I had to pay doc fee (250) and license (33.50) plus tax on top of that price. I had lots of internet quotes, and I really think that made the difference. We were apart $300, and I got up and walked out. They found me in the parking lot, told me they would do it for my price and I went back in. Be prepared to walk out! It also helped to be a well qualified buyer (806 credit score). I had no trade in to negotiate- only thing they had to make money on was financing- I came in with my own from credit union, but they beat it (2.7 thru Capital One). Overall, I was really pleased with my deal, but I think alot of it has to do with where you are trying to purchase (I am seeing much higher prices in other parts of the country). Good luck!
  • pilotseeker1pilotseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2012 Crv Ex Awd for $24155 including destination. Il tax, title, and license were extra. Bill Kay Honda in Bourbonnais,IL
    Thanks for your reply. I believe the invoice for your CR-V is $27,129 so you got a below-invoice super deal.
  • midocmidoc Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Hello everybody, I'm going to the states for my phD.
    I'm looking for a EXL model possibly with navigation.

The big problem is. I don't have any credit record in the US!!!

So it means either I have to pay over 10% interest(If they even consider it) or buy the car without financing.

Would it be more expensive or cheap If I say I'm paying full amount in cash??

I'm looking for a figure somewhat around 2800.
    Since you have no US credit, getting financing is going to be difficult if not impossible.

I used to deal with a lot of immigrants that Microsoft would hire and they could often go through a company sponsered by Microsoft.

Do not expect the same interest rates as a person who has lived in the US all of their life with good, established credit.

And, I would maybe think about lowering your expectations a bit. You'll ahve a better chance of being approved for something more conservative such as a lesser model or maybe a Civic instead of the most expensive CRV that is made.

The dealer could care less if you are financing or paying cash. they get paid the same either way.
  • heather38heather38 Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I are in the middle of negotiating the price for a 2012 CRV-EX AWD. We are currently looking at $24,900 including the destiantion fee and all-weather mats and cargo tray included. They will also give 3 free oil changes and life state inspections and loaner car. Does this seem like a good price? We are in PA outside Philly. We are working with the internet sales dept and got quotes from 4 dealers ranging from $25,995 to $25,198. The dealer invoice for this car is about $24,668.
  • kopackopac Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to purchase a CR-V EXL, 2 WD, (No nav) package in the DC area for $28000 all inclusive (T/T/F), plus FREE lifetime oil changes, car wash, state emissions and inspections, tire rotations.

Not sure if I should keep looking. This was through internet purchase.
    Just remember, those "lifetime" oil changes are far from "FREE" along with those other things. They are simply rolled into the price of the car.

Nothing is ever free.

Sounds good though!
  • chjuxxchjuxx Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2012 CRV AWD EXL with Nav in DC area with the following accessories:

Spoiler $296
    Wheel Locks $55
    Splash Guards $104
    Interior All Season Floor Mats $143
    Cargo Tray $114

MSRP: $30,506 + destination, tax, tags and fee.

We paid: $27,791 + destination, taxes, tags, processing fee.