Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chjuxxchjuxx Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2012 CRV AWD EXL with Nav with the following accessories:

Spoiler $296
    Wheel Locks $55
    Splash Guards $104
    Interior All Season Floor Mats $143
    Cargo Tray $114

MSRP: $30,506 + destination, tax, tags and fee.

We paid: $27,791 + destination, taxes, tags, processing fee.
  • chjuxxchjuxx Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2012 CRV AWD EXL with Nav in DC area with the following accessories:

Spoiler $296
    Wheel Locks $55
    Splash Guards $104
    Interior All Season Floor Mats $143
    Cargo Tray $114

MSRP: $30,506 + destination, tax, tags and fee.

We paid: $27,791 + destination, taxes, tags, processing fee.

Did we get a good deal?
  • midocmidoc Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply,

Surely I have no expectations in getting financing for CR-V
    (Hyundai has some programs that I can get about 7% but you know how it is, it's hyundai)

I'm wondering, why wouldn't I be approved for a good car?

Do you mean that in a sense of cutting a deal with the dealer??
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited March 2012
    I really don't quite understand your questions but i'll try to answer.

By "good" car, that doesn't have to be the most expensive CRV that Honda makes. A lender may wonder why you feel you need all of those extra things as a first time US buyer. If you seem more prudent, it may help the loan approval process.

I have to say, were I the person approving the loan, that is exactly how I would feel.

Don't give up yet. If you are here on a VISA and are working for a large and well known company, some lenders will give you a loan not to exceed the length of the visa.

As far as "cutting a deal", I'm not sure what you mean.

You can also expect to pay more for car insurance until you have established a good driving record in the US.
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    Seems like you got a very good deal. If you back out all the accessories (MSRP $712), then you are at $27,079, that's about $600 below invoice. What were the amount of "processing fee" and any other so called dealer fees? Also did you finance?
  • nyrgoal99nyrgoal99 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    I dont think this is a good deal but I want some advice

MSRP:$26,455
    Discounted to:$25,081
    Tax Included: $12,23

Payment options

371 x 36 months, 0 Down
    171.31 x 36 months, $6446.17 down

12K miles
    Residual $17460
    4.8% financing on lease

My feeling is that the 4.8% is high, and I dont understand the tax. 1,200 seems really high, plus I have a vehicle worth 9-10K to trade in that I do not think they factored in.

Thoughts? What should I be getting this car for?
    Note:I am in NJ
  • nyrgoal99nyrgoal99 Member Posts: 7
    I am also in NJ. Where did you find this price?
  • midocmidoc Member Posts: 5
    Oh alright, slight confusion there.

So you were talking about the approval for the 'loan', right?

I had no intention of getting a loan.

I was just talking about which gets a better deal. financing or paying full price. Since I heard that some dealers didn't like downpaying more than 20%.

But since you stated that it makes no difference to the dealer. My initial question is answered.

Thanks again
  • heather38heather38 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2012 Crv EX awd for $24,655 which included destination, all weather mats and cargo tray, life inspections and 3 free oil changes.

Was a good experience and started all the negotiations online working with 3 dealers.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You had no intension of getting a loan?

That's not what your first post said.
  • buffy6buffy6 Member Posts: 2
    I've received several internet quotes for a 2012 CR-V EX 2WD. The lowest quote so far is $23,250, with an Out the Door price of $25,520. I think this is a good deal? According to True Car Report it is, but after reading this forum, it's clear that True Car Report is not a good indicator of anything. This will be the first car I've ever bought myself, so I'd love any feedback.
  • okahmadokahmad Member Posts: 5
    Hi Kopac,

Did you close on this deal? Was this in DC, VA or MD?
    regards
  • okahmadokahmad Member Posts: 5
    Hi --

This sounds like a good deal. How much was the processing fee?
    Was this in DC, VA, or MD?

Best regards,
  • john_ufojohn_ufo Member Posts: 6
    im going through this problem too . im trying to buy a 2012 honda crv ex 2wd. they offered me a price at $28,200 out the door if i trade in my 1999 toyota camry le with 98,100 miles. i said i want to pay $ 22,000 out the door. they called again trying to [non-permissible content removed] me that they will give me a good deal when i go back to the dealership. they know they have one of the best suvs so they aim for a high price.

be firm and dont back down. demand a lower price. tell them there is other good deals such as toyota rav 4 and subaru forester . sometimes they have end of the month sales and end of the summer deals that you save thousands.
  • buffy6buffy6 Member Posts: 2
    Well, I've been in contact with about ten dealers in my area, and no one is willing to match or beat the $23,250 quote/$25,500 OTD price, so I'm accepting it. I think it is a good deal for this area at least, and for this time of year. I'm not sure an OTD price of 22K is feasible in this area (Georgia). Good luck to you though, hope you get it!
  • sg101sg101 Member Posts: 19
    Finally bought 2012 CRV EX 2WD Polished Metal Metallic w/grey interior this past weekend thru Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos for $25,800 out the door (includes destination and taxes). That was the best deal anywhere -- Norm Reeves Huntington Beach and West Covina would match it as well but didn't have the color combo. Buena Park and Spreen Honda were quoting $25255 out the door but either had no inventory or just wanted you to drive all the way out there for nothing.
  • john_ufojohn_ufo Member Posts: 6
    good luck too. the good news is youre getting a good car even it isnt a good price. you have to wait until late summer when the 2013 crvs come out to get a lower price. im sure you will be happy with the honda crv
  • sg2012sg2012 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought the 2012 CR-V AWD EX-L w/Nav with splash guards, all season mats, cargo tray, wheel locks, and remote starter. I paid $30,200 out of the door (OTD). Here is the break up:

MSRP
    CR-V: $30605.00 ($810 destination charge included)
    Wheel Locks: $78 .00
    All Season Mats: $154.20
    Cargo Tray: $125.60
    Splash Guards: 161.50
    Remote Starter (3rd party MiCorp): $379
    Total accessories: $898.30
    Total: $31503.30

Price Paid:
    CR-V + Accessories: 27996.24
    Title: $125
    Tax (6.25%): 17.49.76
    Doc Fee: $329
    Total: $30200

I hope I got a decent deal. This was the best price anyone would offer. I got quotes and counter quotes from atleast 10 dealers in the region. Couldn't wait till end of month. Maybe I could have saved a bit more that way.
  • urbanscanaryurbanscanary Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking for 2012 CR-V EX AWD...What dealership did you buy from? Is the $24655 OTD price?
  • raptor11raptor11 Member Posts: 5
    Guys guys, Its unbelievable, I got 28.5 mpg avg so far (65% Highway and 35% City). 6/10th of a tank got me 220 miles.

I am sorry for previously stating that, I was disappointed about CRV mpg. I am revising my statement. It was my fault and I realized I was driving like nuts before. (especially cuz I was driving a 3.8L V6 before, I tended to be stomping on the gas always and breaking hard).

In city, I let go of the throttle and let the car cruise/coast by itself, whenever I am going to hit a red light/stop sign. CRV has very low rolling resistance, which means there is plenty of potential energy in the body, the car will keep coasting for a while, till it comes to a stop. Try this technique by going easy on throttle, and watch the next 2 traffic lights ahead and use throttle wisely, you should see the remarkable difference. Mine is a 12' AWD EX. I am so happy with the purchase. I have no doubts about EPA. EPA estimates are for sane drivers. If you have driven a Turbo/V6 then, you have to be re-trained to drive a 2.5L honda. Its feather like, its sips fuel, if you drive wisely. If you keep stomping on the pedal, you're gonna get 20mpg and nothing more. Get a V6 instead. But, I love my CRV with gas at $3.90.

I am going to join hypermilers club too. will keep posting my updates here....have fun guys. Safe driving. Enjoy your 2012 CRV, all.
  • russkiyrusskiy Member Posts: 3
    Just got EX-L 2WD 25,170 + doc fee ttl. Otd 27,100.
  • julyjulyjulyjuly Member Posts: 6
    I got $22,500 as a e-price quote through email from a dealer for 2012 LX, AWD, no extra option, before TTL.

It appears to me that this is a good deal. (I could be wrong because I just started the research). I've never dealt with dealers before. So I am also worried if this "e-price" is a common trick (i.e. they will tell you the offer's gone when you actually visit the dealer in person.

So just wondering if this is a good price! :D
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The price is a few dollars above dealer cost. I suspect it could be a lowball offer to get you into the dealer. Go -- check it out --- if you like it then agree to the quote. Say nothing more than " I want to buy today at that price." Smile and say nothing more. Keep saying that and see what happens. Be nice -- smile -- and just sit there with your free coffee [and a book ?] and be prepared to spend at least an hour or so. No matter what they say -- you smile and stand pat. Answer every question with that spiel. A decent price would be 23500 so if they come down to that your ok. Also be prepared for a lot of dealer add-ons but just ignore them and get your deal. Good luck !!
  • julyjulyjulyjuly Member Posts: 6
    Thank you again! :) Are you talking about OTD price or just for the vehicle+destination?

I've only got 2 internet quotes out of 10 dealers so far - both under 23,000 - the other is 22,920. So I guess prices of CR-V in my area are much lower.

23,500 was my target for OTD price actually, coz I assume I would get lower quotes from the rest 8 dealers, and maybe even use that to get 1 of them to beat it at last.

I'll definitely check them out soon after I've received quotes from other dealers. Hopefully I will come back with a good deal. Thanks for the negotiation advice they are so useful for me right now.

I am really not interested in add-ons. But I can see a lot of people have got all season mats, and splash guards. - Are these useful? Is there no mat with the vehicle itself?
  • brl913brl913 Member Posts: 8
    The CRV just comes with the carpeted mats not the rugged plastic ones.
  • newagemomnewagemom Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for your posting!! I am using the information you gave as a guide for my purchase. Your CRV is the exact set-up I am looking to buy. I am in upstate NY and wish our tax was as low as yours....Thank you again.
  • ashoksriniashoksrini Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I had a question for folks who have a Urban Titanium exterior with beige leather interior:

What is the plastic trim on the door, dash etc? Is it black or dark brown. E.g. the White with beige interior has dark brown and my wife does not like that. The Polished metal metallic exterior has grey leather interior and black plastic trim and she likes that. She wants a beige leather with black plastic dash, door etc!!

None of my local dealers have an urban titanium and they are pretty useless when it comes to this kind of knowledge!

Any help is really appreciated. The reason for this question is: The wait time on the urban titanium is 1 week and wait time on Polished Metal Metallic (the 2nd choice) is 2 weeks.
    If we get a beige leather with black plastic molding in urban titanium, we will go ahead and buy that one!

Thank you all.
    Hobie - Wow..that is a great price. I am in seattle area and closest with no-nav is 27650!

I have a question: Does the beige interior have black or brown plastic on the door, dash etc?

Thanks
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    The interior is beige/black

If you want to see real photos then go to cars dot com and search for new CRVs in a 100 mi area and then view the inventory, pick "EX-L" on the left side and also the "has photos" option -- now look for the color you want and then try to find the listings with 20-30 photos so you get a better idea of what it looks like (click on one photo and it'll popup a new window with all the photos on one page so its easier for you to see them)

Most urban titaniums have a full black interior but you'll be able to find some with beige/black interior
  • mac2012mac2012 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    Last week i purchased 2012 CR-V EXL w RES AWD in Boston area for 26400.

This includes
    1) All weather mats
    2) Cargo Tray
    3) price includes destination charge

Did not trade my car. Additional price paid (not included above) MA sales tax 6.25 and Doc fee, Registration charge.

Regards,
    Mac
    Thank you for that great tip! Went to cars dot com and was able to see some real photos. The saw one which shows Urban Titanium with beige and brown plastic dash etc.

So looks it is is beige with brown, unless they manufacture both options
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    That's a very good price. Would you share with us the amount of doc fees paid?
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Its probably dark brown then (the 1-2 listings I saw looked black unless it was just bad lighting)
  • marylizusmarylizus Member Posts: 24
    $22,420. It was $23,900 out the door. I hope that's a decent price. Even more, I hope I like the car! I will miss my van.
  • sg2012sg2012 Member Posts: 8
    You are most welcome! Reading this forum really helped me get a good sense of the price. So I thought I will pass some information forward to others. Glad it was useful. Best of luck!
    -sg2012
  • jan2012jan2012 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please share the name of the Boston area dealership where you purchased your car? I'm from the CT area and looking to purchase the EX-L with or possibly without Nav. I have business dealings in the Boston area and would consider purchasing from that area. Enjoy your new car. Compared to CT price quotes, you got a great price!
    Doc Fee is 270.
    it was commonwealth honda in lawrance near 495.

for past couple of weeks I approached multiple Honda dealrships in Boston/Nashua and got atleast few competitive writen prices on paper which this dealership was able to exceed.

Good Luck with your car purchase.
  • gbrwngbrwn Member Posts: 1
    I have been watching this forum to get an idea of true cost, so I figured I would add my price paid. I paid $24,269, only destination was included.
    Updating the forum with the price I paid y'day:
    This is for a 2012 EX-L w/RES, no additional accessory in Polished Metal Metallic color:
    $28000 + doc fee, license fee, tax == ~31000

This is $200 above invoice, but looking at edmunds TMV or true car dot com or KBB, seems reasonable for Seattle area. We could have driven a harder bargain, but we had to get the car in few days (our existing car got totalled) and my wife was particular on the color. So considering those things, price seems ok
    For other folks shopping in seattle: if time in on your side, then you can get the car nearly at invoice or slightly more if willing to get prices from 5-6 dealers and then going back/forth. Also shopping towards end of the month helps a little.
  • padypady Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2012
    Florida:
    1. Sell Price: $22,900.00
    2. Dealer Fee: $699.00
    3. Electronic filing fee (for tags):...
    4. Tire Disposal Fee: couple bucks
    5. Battery Waste Fee: couple bucks
    4. Sales tax (items1-5 are taxable): 6%
    5. New License Plate Cost: $450.00
    6. Lemon Law Fee: couple bucks
    7. Out the Door Price: $25,597
    what do you guy think?
  • padypady Member Posts: 10
    It is a 2WD
  • pubudupubudu Member Posts: 23
    I am in Portland and looking for a Honda CRV EX or EXL. I checked couple of dealerships and they were offering slightly higher than MSRP with dealler additions (base price is almost MSRP). Metalic Red is a must and looking for lower price. Have you guys have seen any lower pricess in Portland, OR ?

Thanks,
    Pubudu
  • davidt029davidt029 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an EXL model no navi or RES for 27980 + taxes + doc fee. Total is close to $29500. I didn't research b4 i went to the dealer. They list MSRP close to 28K plus additional stuff like tail guard.., so the sticker was 29300. So I negotiated the price down to 27980. Now seeing this website I know I was ripped off by them. Is there anything I can do to get some money back?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You could make an appointment with the sales mgr and ask him to refund what you think is fair. Should not be a problem based on how things work in the car business. Most dealerships have a department dedicated to refunding money.
  • shamreshamre Member Posts: 3
    i never bought new car before. my first time for new car and i am all confused.
    local dealer gave me 28888.00
    invoice price is 28815.00
    is this a good price if they put remote starter for free.
    TX in advance
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Was that a straight cash price without trade? That's under invoice according to edmunds by about $300. I haven't found any dealers even close to that deal, best is $23,800 or $25,500 OTD on cash deal/no trade.
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    Sorry you got ripped - but, no, there is nothing you can do but not shop there or recommend that anyone else shop ther...
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    Yes, that would be an excellent price - jump on it...
  • ralloyd1ralloyd1 Member Posts: 1
    2012 CR-V EXL (red!) AWD

Sale price $25,800 (list was 28 something)
    Sls tax - 3%
    Doc fee $399 (tried to negotiate down and they wouldn't)
    Title/Reg - 40.75
    Elec. filing - $10
    No trade, no dealer financing.

How'd I do?