Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nicenfitnicenfit Member Posts: 2
    What dealership did you go to.....I negotiated a price of 22500 with destination fee in NJ as well garden state Honda...but with mandatory fee of 299 and doc fee of 398 brings the price to 23197 befor tax and DMV fees.....price quoted in ny was 23000 with destination fee, no doc fee or safety package fee of 299' with that said ny price is better by 197.00. NJ out the door price would be 25,173 which is 1173 more than the 24000 out the door price you paid.....ny price would be 24963...almost 1000 more than your out the door price of 24000.... I would love to save another 1000.... Please disclose the dealership. Thank you
  • 115david115david Member Posts: 7
    Hello, All,
    Could any one in Maryland let me know the Honda CRV buying experiment? What is the price for 4dr FWD or AWD?
    Thank you.
    Hello, All,
    Could any one in Maryland let me know the Honda CRV buying experiment? What is the price for 4dr FWD or AWD? Would you please detaile the dealship if possible?
    Thank you. I appreciate all the advice.
  • practicalbuypracticalbuy Member Posts: 72
    Hi, can anyone tell me the best price OTD for LX CRV AWD Automatic iyear 2012..
    n the State of Michigan. I am looking for one right now.
    Thanks
  • rep05rep05 Member Posts: 1
    check out Costco's auto buying program - I just looked at a CRV- EX in northern California and the price was $250 over invoice, $24,409.
  • schdealschdeal Member Posts: 2
    After reading all the information here. It's my time to share my purchase price.
    I was quoting on CR-V EX-L FWD, and got $26218 plus TTL. The price include
    Window tint, wheel lock, mudguards, trunk tray, door edge guards, N2 for the tires, accent stripe, first application of Zaktek paint sealant and two year road side assistance.
    After I arrived at dealer, they don't have the color I like, the only color I liked is a AWD with RES. There are cross bar and side molding installed.
    After few hours negotiation, I traded in my 2000 Accord for 3360. Here are the breaking down.
    Price: 28043
    Trade in:-3360
    Tax:2295.52
    Fees: $395 Doc, $5 Tire tax, License plates $482.5
    OTD:27861.02
  • mk1980mk1980 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Graham766
    Thats a pretty sweet deal, Congratulations!!
    can you please give me dealer info and zip code please?
  • xueyanyanxueyanyan Member Posts: 6
    It was Open Road Honda in Edison. 299 is for 4 years registration. In NJ you have to renew your car registration for 75 every year anyway. 398 is doc fee. These 2 fees are pretty much standard any dealers in NJ, and these should be after tax fees. You may have another 30 for title. Don't buy any security package or get it for free in your caculation. I had to drive the car home same day to get some kind of incentive (removed from lot) as part of deal.

Good luck!
  • claudzhuclaudzhu Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have purchasing experience of CR-V LX/EX AWD in MI? I got quotes from one dealer, car price incl. destination are about $500 over invoice. It seems the prices in MI are quite high. I do not have used vehicle to trade in. Any advises are appreciated.
  • garybuy1garybuy1 Member Posts: 4
    I did. King's Honda Cincinnati. google it.
  • rjt01566rjt01566 Member Posts: 2
    I got a 4WD CRV EXL for 25959, plus Tax, Doc Fee, Registration and Title = 27483 out the door. In MA.
  • rjt01566rjt01566 Member Posts: 2
    You obviously bought a 2WD CRV EXL. Dealer invoice on that is 26681 without the ridiculously overpriced stuff the dealer adds on. Dealer cost, which accounts for the dealer holdback on new car sales, is 26127. We bought a 4WD CRV EXL in MA. You should not compare the total cost to other peoples' total costs -- sales tax is what sales tax is depending on what state you live in -- it can't be avoided, neither can title and tags fees, and dealer doc fees are usually non-negotiable, since waiving it for one person opens up a litany of lawsuits by previous buyers if found out. Dealer Invoice on the car we bought is 27864, dealer cost is 27284. Got 8k for a trade on our 2003 CRV EX, salesman said he expects to sell it for 11000, so they're hoping to make 1700 total on the transactions. www.truecar.com, although not a good source of fair market pricing for cars, will show you the dealer invoice and dealer cost and any incentives for buyers and dealers for any new car you are looking at.
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    Honda Cars of Hickory, NC.

Speak to their internet department and ask for the salesman that ordered the CR-V for the Graham family.

Good Luck!
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    That's a really good price for a AWD EXL! But I don't get the math. How do you go from $25,959 + $1,622 (assuming 6.25% sales tax in MA), which would already more than $27,483. Then add on TTL and doc fees, I would think you would be looking at about $28,000? Would you please share your negotiation story and which dealership in MA sold the car? Thanks.
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    Honda sales must be great in E. PA. I am not able to get to the numbers I have seen in some parts of the country posted on this forum. I did get a deal done yesterday and wanted to share real world pricing so it might help others looking at the EX-L AWD.

I tried to go back to my dealer I recently bought a new Accord from and he flat out would not sell the car with a major discount. Another dealer said the same (which I bough a car from 6 years ago as well). The issues were twofold for me. My wife had to have diamond white on her EXL and apparently not as many of those are currently made or in stock. I also found that in April (I believe) Honda increased the factory invoice on the CRV by $300-500 (again not sure of how much but an increase.) So my local dealer had a new price for me in May vs mid April as he had to locate a car and CRV's around here are sold often before they arrive at the dealership. I decided to search my regional dealers and found one with the largest supply of CRV's (35 cars vs 10 or less at most). They showed the MSRP on their web sites and the CRV's with the lower sticker are the old invoice. The dealers can work a little better price on that car than the newer built cars.

My deal came out to $27,200 with all weather mats. Tax, and state fees are extra. FYI, this includes destination as some dealers I looked at advertised without destination to low ball you to come in. I had no trade (sell privately if you can as the dealers think a $3-5 profit on your car resell is fair).

To summarize this purchase, CRV's are very hot right now. Dealers were willing to work with me mid month, end of month they had no cars to sell. Since people are paying close to MSRP on these cars, the dealers rightfully so are holding out for the buyers willing to pay the most. I had no flexibility on colors so I was somewhat limited and my pricing had some sort of cost to locate a car and bring it in. Overall one of the hardest dealings I had for a new car purchase. it seems like a sellers market in my area. the good news if the CRV is that hot it should have excellent resell down the road. I had a less harrowing purchase experience with my 2005 Odyssey but the resell value of that car was terrific. Selling a 7 year old car for more than 50% of the original MRSP seems fair if you have to pay more up front.

Hopefully this info helps someone else who is shopping.
  • pilotseeker1pilotseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2012
    Keep shopping and hold out for the $26000. White diamond pearl is not an upcharge but may be difficult to find. Go find and look at white diamond pearl before you decide on your color. It does not look like Cadillac Escalade pearl.
  • xicanoxicano Member Posts: 8
    I just got off the phone with the saleperson at a nearby dealership. They are quoting me $23,335 prior to TTL on a 2012 CRV EX. This is using costco's autobuying program. Obviously this price is below the invoice price. Sounds like a ploy to get me in the dealership?
    I was given a quote of 24995 + Plates OUT THE DOOR... in MI, for CRV LX AWD automatic.
    But then I ended up buying Toyota RAV4 because they have a $1000 rebate going on.
    Do you have the name of the salesman.. and Vin number of the vehicle?
    Will he send it to you via email withe the whole breakup.. OTD price?

I dealt with a Toyota dealer who gave me price over phone OTD. And they did Honor the price too.
  • xicanoxicano Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for this information. It did not even occur to me, to ask for the VIN number. I asked if the price was out the door, and they suggested, I add 11% or around 2600, which is more than I want to pay, or even try to negotiate over the phone
    edited May 2012
    My CRV dealer did not give me VIN number (because I too did not think of asking for it... but it is worth a shot ... since you are not convinced about this dealer..)... but my CRV Internet dealer did give me a price of $24995 + Plates OTD (price of plates vary) ... via email in writing.. in Michigan (along with costco auto buying program) for CRV LX 4WD Automatic.

But then I ended up buying Toyota RAV4 4WD Automatic..(30 April 2012) because they have a $1000 rebate going on because of which obviously it was much cheaper than the CRV quote. Toyota also has an additional student discount of $1000 for college graduates for which I did not qualify or it would have been even more cheaper. There is also an additional $750 rebate for Toyota on Edmunds.com website for which we yet have to apply.
  • njcrv999njcrv999 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, that was really a great price, better than I quoted from the same dealership. did you go on the end of the month? do you have to negiotiate with a manager, instead of a sales. I'm planning to buy on the spot too, with your price of course.

Just wondering if anyone else was able to get the same deal from open road.
    edited May 2012
    Well, I was with the Internet Sales team of Honda CRV and the Honda Sales Lady and her Manager both were sending me emails for 2 - 3 days.

The Honda Sales Lady sent me the price in email on 30th April. (incidently it did happen to be the last day of the month too).

I had to later tell her that I bought RAV4 because of the rebates and discounts.
    Then the Honda sales manager also sent me an email and wanted to confirm if I had really bought the Toyota RAV4.
    I told the Sales Manager too that I did purchase the Toyota RAV4, And also said that they were very nice to me and I will keep them in mind for my future car purchase.
  • xueyanyanxueyanyan Member Posts: 6
    I bought on March 24th. Just negiotiated with the salesman while he talked to a manager from time to time.
    Hi, Practicalbuy, Do you mind to let me know what is the quote they sent to you, what is the exact number? Thank you.
  • njcrv999njcrv999 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! Your price is over $1000 under invoice, and many here include me are hard to belive that the dealer is willing to lose money on this deal. And you've mentioned you did lots of 'home work' before your negiotiation, do you mind sharing how the dealer can afford this price?

BTW, my quote from the same dealership is well over yours. And I doubt if they're going to match this price.

Thank you!
    edited May 2012
    After negotiations via email one dealer gave me the quote of $24995 + Plates OTD. (I guess the price included destination, title, tax etc...... except the plates)...The prices of plates vary.

The tax in michigan is 6 percent.

At this time I do not know if the price on CRV could have reduced futher ... because we realised that Toyota RAV4 had super discounts.. and we started concentrating on it... It was 30th April, last day of the month and the Toyota Manager said on the phone..."I have got 6 cars to sell to meet my sales target for the month and this price is valid for today only".
  • ntyonlinentyonline Member Posts: 1
    Just got my Honda CRV EX last week. Total out of the door $26082.39. This price is negotiate before the price increase. Seem like Texas had higher price compare to other state.
  • dent_girldent_girl Member Posts: 3
    i got my black CR-V LX FWD 23k otd. ( taxes in my area is 7%). I was pretty excited with the deal, I probably could've gotten down a little bit more but I didn't feel like waiting longer and they made everything super easy for me. Decent price you guys think?
    Congratulations :)
    Looks like a great buy. Enjoy your CRV.
    Congratulations :)
    Seems like a great buy to me.
  • dzyr4ttdzyr4tt Member Posts: 21
    Can you let me know which dealer in MA?

Thanks
  • rywu2012rywu2012 Member Posts: 4
    I am in market for a 2012 CR-V, could anyone share the quoted price or paid price of either a LX or an EX within 100 miles of CA bay area??

thanks in advance.
  • 2012crv2012crv Member Posts: 4
    I think I got a good price, 2012 CRV AWD EX-L W/NAV $27,800 includes destination + $299 doc fee.

That's way below any invoice I can calculate, wouldn't they have to give up all holdback and more to sell it at this price.

How can they sell below cost and make money ?
  • swat123swat123 Member Posts: 9
    We are exploring to buy either Toyota RAV4 or Honda CRV. What are the best prices that we should expect in and around SF Bay Area. Plan to buy within 2 weeks by labor day weekend.

Thanks!
  • tester1tester1 Member Posts: 33
    May I ask where did you get this deal?
  • 2012crv2012crv Member Posts: 4
    Colonial Honda of Dartmouth, MA
  • jackcarter09jackcarter09 Member Posts: 2
    Which dealerships were you able to obtain this quote from? Thanks!
  • jackcarter09jackcarter09 Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I just tried to get this OTD price from Spreen and was told I couldn't get anything under 28k OTD. Did you go through a special department to obtain this price? Thanks!
  • lawsonwonglawsonwong Member Posts: 1
    Good deals?

EX 2WD: $23,734 + TTL ($2,331) = $26,065 OTD

EX-L 2WD (no Nav or RES): $25,793 + TTL ($2,524) = $28,317 OTD
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Your best pricing as of today will be the RAV 4 because Toyota has a redesigned model coming in the fall. Honda already had the big change for the CRV last fall. Expect to get $2000-3000 off of a RAV4.
  • enginemedic21enginemedic21 Member Posts: 4
    Got a great deal on my 2012 CRV EX and am loving how comfortable this crossover vehicle is. This is my 2nd tank of fuel and am averaging 28.8 mpg with mixed driving(50% city/50% highway). Drive is smooth and quiet. Love the standard sunroof on EX models. More power faster than Mazda's 'zoom-zoom' CX5 that takes almost a full second longer in 0-60 times. Changeable back up cam positions are awesome and make it easy when parking. Was able to get a lifetime warranty on the engine/powertrain so hopefully I'll be keeping this vehicle for a very long time.
  • reynoareynoa Member Posts: 2
    Just was quoted $21,395. Is this a good price.?
  • contactnycontactny Member Posts: 7
    How much did you pay OTD, everything included?
  • reynoareynoa Member Posts: 2
    It should be about 23,662 otd.
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Member Posts: 16
    wondering whats a good price? live in chicagoland area, got a quote 21,911 includes dest.
    what do you think? also should i lease or buy?
  • rth121rth121 Member Posts: 4
    What would be a good price to pay OTD for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD in Northern California (preferably Bay Area)? Had a hard time arguing with one of the dealer lowering the MSRP price.
    Checked the true value and invoice price for honda crv LX 4wd .. and they give invoice price + destination = $23,133.

Your price of $21,911 is I believe more than $1,100 below the invoice price itself.
    I find it great man.

Enjpy your purchae.
  • pug_countrypug_country Member Posts: 1
    Be sure to ask for the dealer's best DRIVE OUT price and let them know that you'd like a detailed DRIVE OUT price. I say this because some dealerships include "add ons" in your price whether you want them or not. When you see the detail, you'll know exactly what your price includes.
    Good luck!
  • cboothe70cboothe70 Member Posts: 19
    Just picked up a new 2012 CRV LX 2WD from Lucas Honda in Jacksonville, FL. Absolute best car buying experience I've ever had. I originally went through Truecar to see what the price would be in my area. I got a quote from Lucas and another local dealer that didn't look too bad. I also initiated a dialogue with the Costco buying program. Of course I got tons of calls and e-mails the next day. Here's the cool part, Lucas quoted me a better price via e-mail than I was given via truecar. I got the CRV with mud guards, door edge guard trim, side body molding, mats, and cargo tray for $20,912.57. Out the door with a tag transfer would have been $23,369.03 but mine was a couple hundred more due to needing a new tag. All dialogue was via e-mail up until scheduling pickup. I had pre-arranged my financing with PenFed at 1.99% for 60 months. They beat it with 1.89% for 60 months. When I went to pickup the CRV, I was in and out in about 1 hour. Just a great experience. I dealt with their internet salesman. You can find him on their webpage as his name and contact info is not allowed here. I wholeheartedly recommend contacting him if you want a great deal on a Honda in Jacksonville, FL. I got exactly what I wanted at a better than expected price and am totally pleased!

Chris