Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    I bought my wife's diamond white AWD EXL for $27400 with mats, wheel locks and mud flaps. My advice is to shop with the sales mgr and not the salesman. I shopped two other dealers I bought cars from in the last two years ( same sales guy) and I couldn't get my price. I called my third dealer and asked for the sales mgr. he gave me my price in 5 mins over the pone and faxed me the paperwork with my price. When I went to pick up the car the finance guy said Honda made some changes to how the staff are paid. The sales mgr is paid on plume and the sales guys are paid on the profit in the deal. So my experience backed that up as e two sales guys I worked with knew I was buying a car and figured me for a push over (not sure why as I walked away and told them I wanted my price or no sale.).

Bottom line go to the sales mgr directly and ask for the sale to go to who needs a sale that month. Good luck shopping for our CRV.
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    Sorry for the bad spelling. I did the earlier post from a tablet in at night. The sale mgr gets rated on volume (not plume as I typed). Sorry if that sounded like a stupid post.

Good luck shopping for your CRV. I hope this is helpful.
  • ctbooks203ctbooks203 Member Posts: 2
    2012 CR-V EX-L AWD w/NAV
    lease 15K/36 months
    Msrp $30,785
    Invoice $28,943
    Selling price $28,595
    Residual $18,471 which is 60%
    monthly: $425

monthly is too high IMHO. Do these numbers seem in line?
  • chinita78chinita78 Member Posts: 4
    Let me try this again
    $27,700 w/spoiler included in the price.
    1,094 LoJack
    350 Virginia' auto theft protection $25,000
    150 all weather mats
    55. Wheel locks
    300 registration and inspection fees
    12.50 tire fee
    75. Dealer fee
    = $29,190
    2065 tax
    $31,642 OTD
  • mnav8tormnav8tor Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,

Wife and I are looking for a 2012 EX-L in the Houston, TX area. We've received several online quotes with the best being $28,845.17 out the door. Does this seem like a good deal? I'm hoping to negotiate down closer to $28,000 even or better; just wanted to see what you all think.

Thanks!
  • rameshcmrameshcm Member Posts: 8
    Could you please let me know what's your base price and OTD price you got and from which dealer you got 2012 CRV LX-AWD.

Awaiting for your response. Your quick response will be appreciated.
  • rameshcmrameshcm Member Posts: 8
    Please let me know if any one bought 2012 CRV LX AWD in NJ or in surrounding states recently and what is the best OTD price that I can expect.
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Member Posts: 16
    22,275, includes dest and mudflaps. chicagoland area,, very happy with the buying process
  • livethedreamlivethedream Member Posts: 4
    Seems high to me. For your reference, I leased a 2012 AWD EX-L with Navi from a MD dealership in February at $392 per month for 36 mo/15K with nothing down.

I was able to negotiate a lower selling price than what you're quoting there- I dont remember the exact numbers but I think we ended up agreeing on an OTD sales price of 27,700 or so. From there, the lease money factor was .00185 and the residual 60% or something like that. Note that the $392 also includes taxes, which are pretty high for me (10% in DC on leased vehicles)

There is a Honda dealership in MA that offers a pretty clear guide as to how the lease calculations work and they come up with $382/mo based on a 6.25% tax rate. I would take a printout of this worksheet with you to the dealer and see if you can't negotiate a similar deal:

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/?&code=RM3H7CKW&view=detailed

If the link above doesn't work, just google Weymouth Honda lease calculator and you should be able to get to it.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • livethedreamlivethedream Member Posts: 4
    sorry that link I posted was to the 2WD not the AWD. The AWD with 15K is below:

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/?&view=detailed&code=RM4H7CKW&lmileage=15

They come up with $398 incl. taxes. I'm paying $392 all-in with a higher tax rate (10% vs. 6.25% in the online worksheet) so you should be aiming for something under $400 (IMHO).
  • sunstatesunstate Member Posts: 1
    Can you please provide me the dealer details. Iam looking for HONDA CRV 2012 EX Model in FL.
  • ctbooks203ctbooks203 Member Posts: 2
    thank you! I'll see what I can negotiate..
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    edited June 2012
    Has anyone been able to get the special Honda 0.9% on their new CR-V? If so, what was the term (48, 60, 72 months) of the loan? Thanks!
  • indigo1indigo1 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry for the late reply, I havent been on this site for a while. I did end up purchasing my crv lx awd from Honda of Lincoln my final price was $23,200 that includes the destination charge and mud flaps. Honda of Lincoln does not charge any other fees such as doc fee, they only charge the destination charge, unlike the dealerships in Omaha they all charge additional fees. I worked with Larry the $23,200 is $63 above invoice. I did get a crv lx awd, only one dealer in omaha could beat his quote that dealer quoted me $23,199 needless to say I didnt drive the 55 miles to omaha to save one buck. I purchased mine on 4/28/12 and absolutely Love driving it, so far I am getting even better miles then when I first got it, now I am getting 25.3 miles per gallon in the city.
    From what I understand, since there is such a big demand for the CRV, that type of special finance offer will not be offered until possibly late summer or early fall or when the 2013 are close to being shipped out. I got 3.54 % and that was on 72 months, I could of gotten a better percentage if I did a lower term. I'm in Lincoln, NE.
    Sorry for the late reply, I dont often check this site regularly. I only gave my dealership $100 as a deposit which is then deducted off my downpayment when I buy it. He just happened to of had one coming in with the color I wanted polished metal. I purchased the car on 4/28 so it only took less then 4 weeks to come in.
  • hawaii007hawaii007 Member Posts: 12
    Hey I was wondering if anyone is willing to post their purchase prices on any 2012 CR-Vs in Hawaii. I am primarily interested in the 2WD EX Trim but any information on any trim levels would be greatly appreciated.
  • tegal3tegal3 Member Posts: 13
    My wife just bought 2012 CR-V LX AWD with mud guard in NC for $23900 OTD including tax, destination fee, document fee, etc. I forgot the break down.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    I'm torn between whether to purchase a FWD or AWD CR-V? I live in the Tidewater area so we really don't have a big problem with snow, but we do tow a jet ski and occasionally will travel to the mountains of NC and TN. Any help is much appreciated.
  • yipman_styleyipman_style Member Posts: 10
    I did my seach and read about the past inventory questions from Dec, Jan, March, etc. Ok, we can say the earthquake in Japan or the flood in Thailand. My dealer's inventory for example. 80 Civics, and 7 CR-Vs. So we can't tell the same story still, right? The other dealers have 5 and the other 4. They are all made in North America. So if they can produce tons of Civics, why no CR-Vs?

If I'm looking for a CR-V, how am I suppose to choose even if I'm picking from current stock?

Have you read anything "official?" Are there more 2012 models to come, like the last batch? If so when?
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Some random thoughts -

$1094 for lojack, $350 for auto theft protection. You already pay for auto insurance which covers the cost of a stolen vehicle. Why pay $1,444 for lojack and auto theft. If you are worried about insurance not paying what is owed on the vehicle, pick up some GAP insurance, but not from the dealer which will cost too much.

Regarding lojack, if you vehicle is stolen and misued (quite possible) do you really want it back in that condition? Lojack might be good for a high end vehicle but for a CRV, perhaps not so much.

I would question "inspection fee". Having bought cars for decades, I have never seen an "inspection fee."

Also, most dealers will throw in the wheel locks. Just tell them to take them off as you don't want them. My bet is they will not bother but won't charge you. Happens to me all the time.

The $75 dealer fee is just profit but is not excessive if other parts of the deal are acceptable. I thought Virginia dealers always try for a $399 fee?
  • gatorstevegatorsteve Member Posts: 5
    My wife & I bought a 2012 CR-V EX last Sat. (6/2) for less than $24,000 (including dealer fees) at Hennessy Honda in Woodstock. It was the best buying experience we've ever had!

You can also check with Milton Martin Honda in Gainesville who was also selling the EX for less than $24,000. They're also a great dealership & very easy to work with. In my opinion, these are the best two Honda dealerships in the metro Atlanta area, and the only ones that I will ever purchase from! :)

Good luck.
  • thamesnetthamesnet Member Posts: 1
    2012 CR-V EX-L with Nav 2WD Polished Metal
    $27500 Inc dest
    $30000 out the door
    Financed 10K with Honda, no trade in
    Hardin honda, Anaheim
  • hawaii007hawaii007 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I just wanted to know if your $24,000 price was just for the car and fees, not including the tax and title and doc fees? If you are getting it for $24,000 OTD, I may have to fly up there to buy. :shades:
  • jcb12jcb12 Member Posts: 7
    Is $22275 including tax and ttl? It will be the best OTD price if it was. :)
  • mary116mary116 Member Posts: 4
    Is @22275 out of door price? Did you purchase CR-V LX AWD?

Could you please let me know the dealership name and city so I can get a quote from them? .

Thank you
    Could you please let me know the the name of dealership and the city? Thank you.
    Could you please give me the city of Honda of Lincoln or address of Honda of Lincoln? I could not find the contact information of Honda of Lincoln. Thank you.
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Member Posts: 16
    Ok 2012crv lx awd. 22275 + tax and title
    Bill Walsh Honda in Ottawa il. Jared was
    My salesman. Price include mudflats
    Note it's a awd very happy with dealerrship
  • chinita78chinita78 Member Posts: 4
    The finance mgr. was very convincing and when I decided that I didn't want it he told me that they were installing it as we speak, the auto theft just seem like a great idea at the time..
    As for the inspection fee I forgot it also included registration.
    I'm not sure what the Virginia fee is?
    This is my first time buying a new car...
    Finance people are a dealership's best sales people. They are always convincing. Usually, IMHO, arrogant in a condescending way. Suggesting you had to buy something because it was being installed is certainly wrong. You should post the name of the dealership.

We all have been burned before we learn. We have all paid too much or bought something we wished we hadn't.

I always tell my children there is only one word a person should say in the F&O - no! Virtually anything offered by the finance person can be found elsewhere for less money, if really wanted.

Best way to approach a purchase is not to worry if someone got a better deal, someone always does. Enjoy the vehicle and use what was learned next time.
  • tegal3tegal3 Member Posts: 13
    The name of dealership is Autopark in Cary NC.
  • mgwnmgwn Member Posts: 4
    Please share the secret on how you got this car less than dealer cost. I'm looking to buy this car and would really appreciate the tip.
    The $24,000 was just for the car & dealers fee, and did not include sales tax or GA tag & title fees.
    Thank you.
  • ba5ketbalsba5ketbals Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2012 EX 2WD in Twilight Blue from dealer in High Point, NC. $26,270 out the door. Financed through dealer at 1.99% for 3 years.

Base price- $23,495
    Destination- $830
    Roof rack and cross bars- $721
    Wheel Locks, splash guards, cargo tray- Free
    Dealer Admin Fee- $389
    Subtotal before state-specific charges- $25,435 (MSRP- $26,419)
    NC Title- $69
    NC Tax (3%)- $765
    Total- $26,270

Best car buying experience I've ever had. Started with online quote then negotiated the deal over the phone. Dealer traded with another dealer to find the color we wanted. Pricing was 100% transparent through the whole process. No attempt to upsale me on useless dealer add-ons and respectful and not pushy when I declined extended warranties and GAP coverage.
    I emailed four dealerships in the Atlanta area, told them I was considering purchasing a 2012 CR-V EX, and ask them to send me their selling price. Because I had purchased cars from two of the dealerships previously, I emailed their internet sales managers directly. As it turned out, those two dealerships gave me the best prices.

I'm not sure why I got such a good price. I suspect that it may have to do with one or more of the following: (1) the Atlanta area is very competitive market (due to the large number of Honda dealerships) so the prices are lower than other areas where there is less competition; (2) there are plenty of CR-Vs available and they are not selling as fast as expected (i.e., supply & demand); (3) the CR-V is competing against the Hyundai Tuscon and Kia Sportage both of which have a lower price and a longer standard warranty; and (4) the two dealerships who gave me the best prices are very straight forward, really want to earn your business, and seem to consistently have lower prices than other Atlanta Honda dealers.

The current Edmunds TMV price for a 2012 CR-V EX in my area is $24,356, which isn't that much more than I paid (if you don't include dealer fees).

Hope this is helpful. :)
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

i had recently purchase 2012 2wd lx for 22k plus ttl(include mud guard,tint,door egde,door handle cuppler)from one of hard to get below invoice price dealer in az(santan honda)....

remember honda increased price recently on new model....i had somebody brought last yr 2011 2wd ex for 22000 plus ttl...now same vehicle invoice around 24300 plus ttl.....

thanks
    hp
  • kendall69kendall69 Member Posts: 13
    Why would you pay $1000.00 MORE than MSRP posted on the HONDA home page?
  • jbonds1jbonds1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I'm looking to lease a CR-V EX AWD with roof rails and crossbars. The price I've negotiated down to is $25,222. I think its reasonable. Any comments, would you push the price further?
  • buyer4271buyer4271 Member Posts: 8
    I am looking to buy a CRV EX-L (without any add-ons) in MA. The best quote i am getting so far is around $29,000 OTD (including tax). I would like lower about by1000-1500, what do you guys think? Shall i wait either end of month or July 4th sales?
  • pwcfanpwcfan Member Posts: 2
    Having a dickens of a time in So Cal finding one....
    Anybody from outlying areas in Ca of Az/Nev seen any avail ?
  • pwcfanpwcfan Member Posts: 2
    Lots of Silver w/black here in So Cal !!!
    You guys got any Pearl White ?
  • pubudupubudu Member Posts: 23
    Where are you from ? Is this 2012 model ? Price is very good. . . if you buy not sure about leasing
  • 115david115david Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. I am in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
    Best wishes!
    I don't think he did. Looks like the MSRP, before freight, is $25,475. Looks like he paid $24,216, on paper. Looks like a good deal on the surface, though there was probably a some dollars left on the table.

I will never understand why people seem so willing to pay those silly "dealer documentation fees." On this deal, the fee is $389, which certainly eats into the value of the deal to the buyer. Since the fee is all profit to the dealer and all cost to the buyer, this buyer actually paid $24,605 for the CRV. Still less than MSRP but, once again, money may have been left on the table.

On this deal, I would have told the dealer to lower the $24,216 by $339 which would allow the dealer a reasonable $50 for his fee. If the dealer said "no way", I would have said "see ya"! I have bought many a vehicle since dealers learned how to use the "dealer fee" ploy to increase profits. I have yet to find one that would not lower the price to compensate for the fee. I think $50 to perhaps $100, if the deal is very good, is more than reasonable. I don't think $389 is remotely reasonable. Sadly, as long as buyers continue to allow dealers to charge such outrageous fees, the dealers will continue.
  • carshopper79carshopper79 Member Posts: 1
    May I ask whether your car is FWD or AWD? and $24,000 is the car & destination fee, right?
  • 3fox3fox Member Posts: 2
    So when you say you think he actually paid 24,605 plus taxes title etc
    NOt 24,605 OTD right
  • 3fox3fox Member Posts: 2
    I was told that because i have never had a car in the us that my title/plate and registration is going to be 469 is that right??...on a new 2012 crv
  • mck588mck588 Member Posts: 12
    I was planning to lease the EX-L, but just got an email from my dealer with a 0% APR for 60 months until the end of June (any vehicle, any credit tier). What are cons of buying with this deal vs. leasing (or vice versa)? I am learning so much on this board, so thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.