Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• practicalbuypracticalbuy Member Posts: 72
    edited July 2012
    STRANGE....

Earlier....When I posted the link for the $500 CRV Cash incentive for 4th of July... the $500 incentive existed in the rebate column...

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/car-incentives.html?mktcat=nl-internal_standard&kw=- july4th_honda&mktid=nl61545293&msite=w

NOW I DO NOT SEE this $500 incentive ANY MORE in the above link.....

What Happend ...?

FUNNY... I STILL have that window OPEN on my computer which says upto $500 against Honda CRV.. under the Rebates Column.

============================================
    Honda 4th of July Incentives
    $500 Bonus Cash, Low APR Financing for:

Accord, Civic, Insight, CR-V, Pilot, Ridgeline, Fit, Odyssey

Restrictions: Vehicle must be financed through Honda Financial Services. See participating dealer for details
    ========================================

WONDERING WHAT IS GOING ON HERE....
    TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN:

Manufacturer to Customer Rebates Financing Leasing Manufacturer to Dealer Other

2012 Honda Accord Up to $500 As low as 0.9% Available Up to $1,250

2012 Honda CR-V Up to $500 Available
  • kfx2005kfx2005 Member Posts: 6
    would you mind share the store name?
  • vidarvikingvidarviking Member Posts: 2
    Is $25740 a good price including fees (not tax, licence, registration) for a AWD EX?
  • contactnycontactny Member Posts: 7
    Which dealership did you go to?
  • crv_lx_2012crv_lx_2012 Member Posts: 2
    What is the best OTD for EX-L in Columbus, OH ?

I got a quote of 29420 OTD for this. Is that good, bad, ok?
  • vidarvikingvidarviking Member Posts: 2
    Ken Garff Honda in Utah.
  • newcarbuyer25newcarbuyer25 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2012 CR-V EX-L with Navigation, AWD ("throw ins": mud guards, door guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, pinstripe -- i.e. already on the car, presumably, nominally listing for $995 in extras). Out the door for $30,995 (all cash): $27,895 plus $200 doc processing, $830 destination, $295 MD tags & title, 6% MD sales tax (DC area). [Edmunds True Market Value showed $29,456; this price + destination = $28,725. Invoice is $28,983, Honda dealer holdback appears to be 2% of MSRP or $616]. Navi system is sat-linked, new this year, and very good.

Painless, fast, and efficient process; excellent response from Ourisman in Bethesda. I made it clear (courteously) that I was seeking Internet quotes through Edmunds, understood the holdback system, was paying cash, and I was ready to buy right now.
  • sonoma34sonoma34 Member Posts: 8
    Purchase/Lease from Connecticut Dealership

After much negotiation both out of state and in state our Basque Red CRV was delivered 7/2/12.

MSRP: $$29,325.00
    Purchase Price: $26,881.84

Chose to go with a one payment lease 3 years, 45,000 miles: $12,194.85 includes $728.28 Sales Use Tax and $595.00 acquisition fee. Plus Registration/Transfer plate Fee $101.00, plus Doc Fee/Tax $430.75.

Total out the door price = $12,726.60

Thanks to all the posters difinitely helped in securing what I feel is a great price. Saved over $2000.00 from another CT dealership.

Do your homework and you can find favorable prices.
  • fuzzy123fuzzy123 Member Posts: 2
    Live in suburban Philadelphia and want to buy a 2WD crv ex. Only sell AWD in our area and I would have to travel approx. 3 hrs to Maryland for a 2WD. A dealer near us said he could get use a vehicle for $24,178. Which is almost the dealer price and with taxes and tags the total price would be $25, 846. Is this a good price?
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    Hi,

it appears that he is giving invoice price 2wd ex...which is not bad....honda vehicle hard to get below invoice. .but living in snow state...I would recomm awd...

thanks
    hp
  • carguy91carguy91 Member Posts: 3
    Hugh white Honda offered me 22500 for a AWD crv ex. No added options other than all weather mats. This price includes destination fee and doc fee. It sees to be a great deal. Please let me know what you guys think?
    something doesnot sound correct here?.....no body will give u car that low price even if have trade in....

.2012 .fwd ex.....24k plus ttl....and awd...ex close to 25 plus ttl......good luck....tried best...but from my past experience....they are playing with u.....

thanks
    hp
  • fuzzy123fuzzy123 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. We researched both FWD and AWD. Previously lived in an area that was a lot farther north and has worse winters than what we experience here. Only had FWD vehicles and no problem so, we decided to stick with this. Upon further research this is the best deal we can get so we will go with it.
  • roxxiroxxi Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

I was wondering if you purchased in NYS?
    If so which dealer? I live in buffalo and im looking to purchase a EXL w/o navi.

thank you
  • eefpleefpl Member Posts: 2
    I am currently looking to buy this same model, have been in contact with
    a few dealers. I'm not even close to your figures, how long did it take you to get them down? I am very new at this, any input would be appreciated!
    he paid 200 less than invoice( Invoice is $28,983) which is pretty common in any honda dealership when u go there and walk out with your # and deal with happen but email ,phone price doesnot work for true purchase since they want cust to come there and exl with naviga ...rare model on dealer parking lot...so always deal with dealer who has lot of those model in stock.....

one exl with nav model...dealer...wants to sell MSRP

3-4 above model...easy to get invoice....

most common model sell for crv now a day....lx then ex then exl.......so go to dealership who has lot of model supply...

thanks
    hp
  • tyler28tyler28 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Has anybody bought a CR-V in MA or close to MA? I quoted around and got a price 2-3K more than the others paid. I just need an idea of a reasonable price.
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    Received quote for EXL AWD with RES (for the kids) = OTD $29,950
  • eefpleefpl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the advice, it is very helpful. What about if I special
    order the car? I don't want to pay for extras that I don't need or want...
    Is it reasonable to offer invoice or below?
    Thanks!!
    1st check online stock for your model with color choice then go in person and offer invoice price ......and donot take family with u until price works out .be prepare to walk out if number donot work for u..........

never dealer gets your car from diff dealer....u pay price for all comes with other dealer,,

never special order.....be ready to pay close to msrp.......since dealer donot get their bulk price.......which is way below invoice

thanks
    hp
  • newportnewsnewportnews Member Posts: 2
    Hi there.

I live on the west coast, but need to lease a small SUV for my mother, who lives in Newport News, Virgina (23602). I am interested in leasing THE BASE MODEL of one of the following:

-2012 Ford Escape
    -2013 Ford Escape
    -2012 Honda CRV
    -2012 Subaru Forester

I'm looking to put $0 down and have a monthly payment of no more than $300, including tax. Want a 36 month lease, but also open to a 24 month lease. We have no trade-in. Is this possible or will I need to put money down? If so, can you estimate how much down it would take to get the payments under $300?

Thanks in advance for all of your help! My jobs keep me so busy I haven't had time to do my due diligence, but I need to get her a new car asap.
    Try this link for leasing.. it is very imformative..

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0a3d1c/0
  • fbm3fbm3 Member Posts: 4
    In April 2012 I purchased a 2012 CRV EXL 4wd for $25800 plus $300 doc fee. Excludes taxes and title. I bought it from Internet sales at Atamin in Tewsbury. No accessories were thrown in. Based on my research it seemed like a reasonable price and they were a pleasure to work with. My wife and still fight over who gets to drive our 2010 CRV. No one likes the drive by wire steering in the 2012 as you can't feel the road and it only takes one finger to steer it. Make sure you drive it first and like that type of steering.The 2012 is however more comfortable.
  • carguy91carguy91 Member Posts: 3
    I got crv for 22500 + 250 doc fee + title 15 and tax. This was a awesome deal. Anyone did better?
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    thats an excellent price I believe. can u provide more details and any chance we can use that to get a deal in Norther Cal?
  • kevin99208kevin99208 Member Posts: 6
    Could you share some dealership information and what state you are? If close, we can drive up or fly to bu it there. Here we just get quote OTD at $26000. Thanks.
  • shopndineshopndine Member Posts: 1
    Is that $25,800 with destination?
    Yes it included destination.
  • rustynrustyn Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Just for reference in case anyone else in the NJ area is looking--we picked up a 2012 AWD CR-V EXL with the RES along with the dealer kit (wheel locks, mud guards, cargo tray, pinstripe, etc), and a factory installed Honda remote start. Out the door price with 7% tax and all the other fees came to $30,300. Dealer discounted it a little over $3,164 to reach that number so I feel like it's a reasonable price.

Paid mostly cash but financed a small amount at 1.7% (non promo rate, but still a good one). Invoice including destination is $28,234 without the dealer kit ($695) and remote start (discounted from $895 to $695), so I feel like it's a good deal especially since it's hard to find anyone moving much on price. Sell price was $27,925 which is $300 under invoice but again, it includes the remote start and dealer kit. I realize I could have gotten an aftermarket remote start for less but I feel more comfortable having an original Honda unit and installed by Honda since my wife will be driving it with our 2 young children.
  • mikegallofmikegallof Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I also live in New jersey and am looking for a CRV Exl with a NAV system. May I ask you which dealership you went to and also where did you get 1.7% financing from? Thanks so much!

Mike Gallof
  • leowuleowu Member Posts: 1
    when I walked in, they told me this price was wrong. :(
  • truth_detectortruth_detector Member Posts: 1
    Frankly, $25,800 is not a credible price for a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4wd. Consumer Reports says actual dealer cost after all incentives is $27,294, so either you are not being truthful, or the dealer snookered you and hid charges somewhere else.
    I actually appreciate your honest response because not enough people are challenged on their quotes but yes that is what I paid. If you do more research you will see another email from someone else in Mass that paid the same. I assume they got it from the same dealer. This price did not include taxes, title, and taxes. I think the OTD was around $27,500. Why don't you request an Internet quote from them for the same car and tell us what you find out? Lastly, this was the best price I got after contacting at least 10 local dealers in the Boston area. Lastly, no snookering as I know what I am doing as I studied ever forum and every quoted price out there.
  • hongkong006hongkong006 Member Posts: 7
    I don't think it's possible for EX.
    are you sure it's EX, not LX?
    May I know the dealer?
  • hondacrvlxhondacrvlx Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

2012 Honda CRV LX ---$22,111 Drive Out (with no add on) Is this the best deal we can get on Honda CRV LX?

2012 Honda CRV LX---$23,384 Drive Out (with add ons)

which one should I pick? Can we get any deal better than this in Dallas?

Thanks
    edited July 2012
    AWD or FWD? do you have the breakdown?
  • kenwo88kenwo88 Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a good price! Can you refer me to your salesperson/dealership?

Thanks.
    Its FWD...I don't have breakdown..they didn't give me any...
  • kapalkapal Member Posts: 5
    fbm3 Can you share who gave this price and who you worked with I am looking for similar deal. Thanks,
    i think it's still a good deal.
    Hi,

this is my time buying a car..

what is the best deal I can get on 2012 Honda crv lx? I am looking for drive out price...

What is good leasing or buying a new cars?

I see there a lot of good deals on leasing from honda....

thanks
  • kapalkapal Member Posts: 5
    The dude fbm3 is right, I have deals at 600$ below invoice for EX-L. Since 2013 is coming out anytime they are in a rush to get this off. So 25,800 is a real possibility.
    I also hope they are in a rush to get 2012 CRV off. However, the dealers I ever talked to all stick to $400 less than the invoice price for LX. They said demand was still high.
  • kevin06kevin06 Member Posts: 12
    Quoted for $24,800 + TTL. Is that a good price? A few dealers quoted w/o much differences, from 24800 to 25000. Thanks.
  • kevin06kevin06 Member Posts: 12
    I just got a quote: 24800 (actually 24798). I tried 24500 they did not take.
    Maybe waiting till the end of month? No idea.
  • luffyluffy Member Posts: 1
    to fbm3 : is it those price include the destination fee ??
    Yes, the price did include destination. Did anyone else find the steering unresponsive and not as fun as the 2011 or 2010 CRV?
  • drnodrno Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Reconsider the Nav system. It is overpriced and doesn't work very well. Even the salesmen at our local dealer recommend against it. Updates cost $300. Buy a Garmin with lifetime updates for $150.
  • dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    Is the $22,111 including tax? What dealer is this? Thanks