Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sarayalesarayale Member Posts: 15
    Can I use Weymouth if I am in NJ? Can they get the car here and is it worth it?
    I am trying to buy an LX, preferably 2wd to save money, but if I cant find one, I will take a 4wd. Thanks for any help.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited April 2013
    you can buy from any dealer in any state. try to make the best deal with dealerships in New York or Jersey or P.A..
    you could easily email 30 dealers telling each one what model and price your looking to buy at.. . with no problem and make your deal with the closest dealership to your house with pricing. I would recommend you tell each dealership that 500 below invoice pricing gets the deal done on your part.. If your a good negotiator start your pricing lower.......... but you have to remember this model there is no supply in this area.
    dont forget dealers doc fee's in New Jersey are high.... the sale price of 500 below invoice on a CRV and a 300 to 400 doc fee's means dealer real selling price of CRV is 100 to 200 below invoice..

Doc fees in N.Y are $75

GOOD LUCK................. HAPPY HUNTING

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

$ 22,933 is what Consumer Reports says the dealer is paying for the 2013 LX AWD (after taking into account,holdbacks destination etc).
    the best price I got so far is $23,214 which includes doc fee, destination but not non-dealer fees like taxes, title etc. That was from Hamilton Honda in NJ.

This means the dealer is making a little under $300. Does this sound right to everyone?
    Anyone think it is worth it to hold out until the end of April for a better deal?

Thanks for everyone's help. I hope the above price helps someone.
    Invoice price for Lx awd= 22,584 plus dest charge 830=23,414

• renostylerenostyle Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I'm receiving several quotes from dealers in Northern Virginia for a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD w/ Navigation.

The best yet is as follows:

Car: $28,608 (inclds delivery fee)
    Processing: $394

What should I offer?
    thanks in advance for your great service!
  • johnq2johnq2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to buy honda crv exl awd. I'm willing to pay for 28,800 dollars for OTD including every thing such as tax (7.25% in this area).
    Is this a reasonable price to give?
    Please help
    John
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    The reason it's so hard to buy a 2WD in your neck of the woods is the simple fact that they don't sell. Dealers don't want to order a car that will rot on their lots. They order cars that sell!

You might want to think about resale value down the road. As a used car it'll be saleproof when it's time for you to sell it or trade it in.

Besides, if you happen to get caught in a sudden snow storn, you'll be VERY glad you spent the extra money!
  • mattptncmattptnc Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $22,975 + 3% NC tax, $69 tags + $499 doc fee= $24,232 OTD. Included were accessories (wheel locks, mudguards, cargo tray, all weather mats). Goes to show you don't HAVE to buy your CRV at the end of the month to get a good deal. I used Carwoo to get as many dealerships involved in giving me bids. I had to drive 40 minutes to Sanford from Raleigh to get the car, but totally worth it!
  • jinho10jinho10 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my first car CR-V LX AWD in one day shopping. I knew the lowest price through e-mail exchange and edmund forum. The breakdown of the price is as follows:

total $23,000 (OTD) with
    ----------
    $200 rewards +
    lock +
    mud pad +
    2 key chains +
    2 washes +
    lifetime VA inspection
    no additional accessaries
    ----------

Firstly, I talked with a new dealer (not trained yet). But after four times going to manager, a real manager started talking to me. I actually went down to $22,500 (which may be impossible). After the dealer (manager) talked to his higher manager, he found that the price is impossible. So, we talked for an hour to add additional items with $23K.
    Does VA have any sales tax or registration that were included in your price?
    Since everyone is in a different state it would be helpful to break down the OTD price, or list car price, destination and documentation plus any other dealer fees (not state mandatory fees like registration or tax, which are not negotiable).
    Thanks.
  • beethbeeth Member Posts: 13
    I live in Maryland(very close to VA), could you please tell me the sale price of the LX AWD, so that I could calculate how much it could be a good deal for a Maryland purchase. Thank you!
  • renostylerenostyle Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD (no Nav) in northern VA (near DC) using information from this forum. I think I got $788 under invoice (including the $394 processing fee). I think I did OK, but frankly I can never be certain what the "true price" is. I welcome the experts to chime in. thanks everyone!

$25848 (car)
    $830 (delivery)
    $394 (processing)
    $812 (VA sales tax)
    $116 (tags/registration)

$28000.00 (total--paid cash)
  • ewarren423ewarren423 Member Posts: 9
    Hi All
    Purchasing a summer car so really need a solid all season car....
    Looked at buying a new CRV, leasing and finally a gently driven 2007.
    What are your thoughts on 14.5k for a 2007 EX AWD with 47k?
    Does this sound reasonable or is this too much to pay given the 2013s are ~25k (EX) and 23k (LX)?
    thanks in advance for your help!
  • happypilot1happypilot1 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    We've been oversold on importance of AWDrive and not reminded that when up to speed theres not equally effective AWStop on tentative surfaces.

The past winter's big snow in the Midwest and East also showed plenty getting stuck in their AWD's on the news.

With a FWD Pilot in Indiana only time I was "stuck" was getting out of an incline drive in deep snow and older tires. I was about to give up and get out the plow, then remembered the Honda VSA (didn't allow the wheels to spin) Hit the button, spun the tires and rocked back n forth a bunch of times with the tranny and I was out.

A little better mileage and cheaper so go for the 2WD if you can find one.
    breakdown:

-. price 22456.02
    -. license fee: 42.75
    -. dealer's business license tax: 39.00
    -. title fee: 39.00
    -. va tax: 688.23
    -. processing fee: 485.00

-. rebate: -750
    ------
    total = 23000
  • austin736austin736 Member Posts: 2
    You got a good deal. Regarding your item "rebate -$750" is this rebate from Honda? I am not aware of a factory rebate on the CRV at this time.
    Please share the name of the dealership and city where they are located.
    Thanks for your help.
    Yes, that is honda's rebate to make the price we dealt.

Falls Church, VA, Bill Page
    Honda has no rebates on the CRV's.
    Please post what your rebate is......TKS

• steverajsteveraj Member Posts: 9
    Try to Get the online quote from other states, Any dealer should be able to match the vehicle cost. Please ask them the OTD Price when you ask the quote.

Try the below

1. Honda cars of boston, MA
    2. Honda of Concord, NC
    2. Paragon Honda, NY.
  • andyman1970andyman1970 Member Posts: 47
    I have multiple OTD quotes in hand:

2013 EX-L AWD 17" Alloys, Heated Seats - $27,300

2013 EX AWD 17" Alloys - $25,200

My sense is both are competitive, but the EX-L might be a great price (this is Chicago with real crappy sales tax).

Thoughts?
    Could you please post the breakups here?
  • johnq2johnq2 Member Posts: 2
    Are you sure the price is OTD price including fees even tax? I'm in Naperville. My best quota is over 29,000 dollars for EXL, AWD. Could you please let us know the dealership you are shopping. Thanks
    Try Bill page they good in pricing.
  • insearch007insearch007 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

Purchased CRV EXL 2 WD with nav yesterday for 27750 +TTL in Dallas . The 750 rebate(down from 28500) that was mentioned was contingent upon me taking Honda financing which I could change later on. Thank you all, this forum really helps
    I have achieved good success so far, even in the beginning of the month.
    Here is the best price I have so far and 3 dealerships have offered it in NJ

$22, 750 This price includes destination charges and documentation but does not include taxes, title fees, and nj tire fee.

Some of the dealers need me to finance for the above price, but you can also go ahead and pay the loan in full the first month, but at .99 percent the finance rate is extremely low.
    I think they get some $500 bonus flexcash when you finance through Honda.

I started by telling each dealer that I was looking for 22,500 including destination and document fees and that that would close the deal. I think I can still get one of the dealers to go down the last $250 so I have not pulled the trigger.

I think the above is already a very good deal, but I waiting for a great deal since I am not in a hurry.

I will post more details, but don't settle for a high price.
    Try to list the dealerships in your area that your talking about . How much there doc fee's are. etc......this will help the other forum readers. being to vague is just a waste of words in this forum and it helps nobody.

Remember everybody's OTD prices are different due to state taxes and doc fee's... bear that in mind.

This is a prices paid forum your are allowed to give dealership names and prices. List the info. you will be helping someone else in here..

I did not think I was being vague at all about the price. At the end of the day, the price of the car plus the document fee, is all that we are really comparing.
    Sales tax and title fees everyone is stuck with for his or her state and are non negotiable. Why do we need to list them? Does it matter what the doc fee is and what the price of the car are as separate items ? I just add them together and that's what you are paying the dealership at the end of the day.

I got the above mentioned prices in NJ from Hamilton, Richard in internet sales, Debbie at Mahwah, Mitch from Burns, and Mike from Princeton.

Out of the above, I get the sense that Mike from Princeton will be the easiest to deal with and I will have the best experience, but I have not bought yet. Will update.
    edited April 2013
    Sara
    Good job on your posting. Wait til last 2 days of this month to buy.

Sale price and doc fee's are most important postings in this forum.

The reason why you post dealers doc fee's with your sale price is to tell what your buying price of the vehicle was. Hamilton's doc fee's are 249, Mahwah is 299, Burns honda might be 399.
    Doc fee's charge should be your 2nd question to every dealership after sale price of requested vehicle..

Good luck

• dghtrfgddghtrfgd Member Posts: 30
    Is it cheaper to get bike racks AFTER purchase?
    Best offer I'm getting for a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD with 3 bike racks is 27,600 from New Rochelle or 27,816 from DCH Paramus. (Both before tax and dmv)
    Am i being unrealistic for trying to get to 27,000 or at most 27,200 in the NY Metro area?
  • dghtrfgddghtrfgd Member Posts: 30
    ALSO:
    I would rather save $$ on the upfront purchase by getting FWD instead of AWD, and save money on gas and maintenance over the life of the vehicle...but it seems like i would have to go south to get a FWD!
    Is AWD really necessary/ worth it?
  • happypilot1happypilot1 Member Posts: 6
    I provided my opinion based on experience here at this message: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef11a94/12226#MSG12226.

Similar to you unfortunately, there are none to be found on the lots in my region.
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190
    breakdown:

-. price 22456.02

------
    total = 23000

Apples to apples (so others can compare it) we're talking
    22456.02 + 485 - 750 = 22191.02

Invoice is 23414 less ~480 holdback, so I'm guessing that 750 "rebate" is a super secret Honda incentive and the dealer's "profit" is whatever his bonus is.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
  • gosziegoszie Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering what Northern Virginia dealership you got this price from.We went to Pohanka in stafford and the lowest was $23369 plus all the fees.
    That seems like a great deal! Any tips on how to get the dealers to agree to that price? Did you finance the car and do you think that rebate money came from financing?
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Looks like we can add the dealer's business license tax: 39.00 to the processing fee: 485.00 = 524 dealer/doc fees

GREAT "apples-to-apples" post!
    Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

"breakdown:
    -. price 22456.02

------
    total = 23000

Apples to apples (so others can compare it) we're talking
    22456.02 + 485 - 750 = 22191.02

Invoice is 23414 less ~480 holdback, so I'm guessing that 750 "rebate" is a super secret Honda incentive and the dealer's "profit" is whatever his bonus is."
    A dealer also just mentioned the $750 flexcash/rebate to me here in NJ so I think it is likely that that is the figure. I would recommend financing (if you have good credit and can), even if you pay off the car in full immediately (make sure your terms have non prepayment penalty). This way the dealer gets his rebate and we get a much better price.

Also, with the financing of .9, it makes sense to take the money you would have put towards the car and make a payment on a higher interest loan you have out there, like a mortgage or another car loan. Thats what we are doing, paying down a mortgage instead and financing the car. Our original plan was to pay for the car in cash, but this seems to make more financial sense.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Dealer's business license tax, now that is a unique technique for the dealer to increase its profit. Considering this unique fee along with a hefty documentation fee, this might be one dealer to avoid.
  • 115david115david Member Posts: 7
    Could any one let me know the price for Honda Accord LX in Maryland? Thank you.
  • andyman1970andyman1970 Member Posts: 47
    I realize there's Honda's Really Big Spring Event going on, but if you walk into a dealership, they will openly insist there's zero cash back incentive for new CRV purchases.

That said, why not wait until the novelty wears off? What's so special about April?
  • sleepykjtsleepykjt Member Posts: 1
    2013 CRV EX AWD for $24,400 before tax, titles, doc fees.

Includes tint and one coating of paint protection.

Is this a good price?
  • jjddzzjjddzz Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

I am in New York, I plan to take bus to Boston area, buying from the Weymouthhonda dealer recommended in this forum. I found their price is much lower than what I got in NY/NJ area.

What I got is:
    Honda CR-V, AWD EX standard option
    Sale price: 24,564.25 (including $830 destination fee)
    Documentation fee: $239

I will pay tax and registration fee at New York, get my license plate, and bring to the dealer when I get the car. I need to pay refundable $500 deposit to finalize the deal.

Do you guys think this is a good deal or not? Thank you very much for your feedback.
  • jjddzzjjddzz Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    At least it is better than what I got:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Honda CR-V, AWD EX standard option
    Sale price: 24,564.25 (including $830 destination fee)
    Documentation fee: $239
    -----------------------------------------------------

Where did you get this quote? Thanks.
    edited April 2013
    jjddz
    looks like Weymouth is selling you the ex model for 815 below invoice.
    what i would suggest is on april 29th i would call several dealerships in your area asking them to match Weymouth honda price for the sale that day. If no dealers are comming close to that offer call boston dealer on the 30th and give him a 500 refundable deposit for CRV.

Friendly
    New Rochelle
    Yonkers
    Bayridge
    are just a few to contact on the 29th.
    Stick with calling the NY dealerships there doc fee's are only 75 dollars..

Here is how i breakdown your deal from Weymouth
    Selling price...24,564
    below Invoice....815
    minus doc fee's.239
    total................576 below invoice
    round trip from boston = 12 hr day
    gas ,,,tolls,,,,,food.........100== 476 below invoice

if you could get at worst case any local dealer to sell you this car for 575 below invoice your way ahead of the game without all that time travel etc..

I bought the Accord in Feb and i to was going to Weymouth but on the last day of that month i found 3 deals comparing to Weymouth.

good luck way all your factors first.

• ghorner1ghorner1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a pending offer of $26,600 (includes destination) for a 2013 EX L AWD. Less Nav and DVD. Does NOT include Tax/Title/Doc. Also includes splash guards (~$199) and body molding (~$250).

Can anyone confirm that this is a descent price before I close the deal.

Thanks in advance, Greg
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Hey Greg,

Can help you out with the add-ons as they're already part of my interest: priced molding & guards at 158+58+shipping online (nominal DIY... sites give links to Honda's pdf install manuals) Guards are simple, molding a little more involved but straightforward.

As far as price: read some of the past month or two of posts. Find the invoice online, figure out where you are relative to invoice (+ or -) and then post the number back here.
  • ph23manph23man Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, Honda just announced a recall on the 2012 and 2013 CR-V's and I was wondering if this has any affect on prices? Can this be used to negotiate a lower price than usual?
    edited April 2013
    NO

So, just wanted to post my deal. I am picking up the car on Friday, so I will try to remember to confirm the details of the transaction here.

Price of the car including destination: $22,286
    Document fee $214
    That got me to my desired price of $22,500 total cost from the dealer set prices.
    Add taxes at NJ 7% and title/tire fees somewhere around $300 and my out the door price including everything is $24,377.12

What do you guys think? The dealer is very local to me (about 20 minutes away) so that was also worth something. It is Coast Honda in Wall and I dealt with Chris, who was pretty straightforward and easy to deal with over the phone.

I am financing and that may have helped to get this price.
    Also, they had to bring in the car from another dealership (my girls wanted white) and they still gave me the price.
  • sandyk62sandyk62 Member Posts: 2
    How good is this price in the DC metro area?

2013 CRV EX AWD
    23590 incl destination fee + processing fee (MD 200) + tags + tax
  • yhoyho Member Posts: 4
    can you tell me which dealer? I am in DC area, i am also looking for CRV EX AWD