Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• umassdumassd Member Posts: 9
    Bought EXL AWD today:

MSRP: 29,985 (Base model + Splash guards, All weather floor mats and Cargo tray)

Price paid: $27,450
    Taxes and government fees: $2,225
    Dealer fee: $75
    Flex Cash + Conquest cash: ($1,250)

Total out the door: $28,500

Thank you everyone for all the help! :)
  • bigedfrombkbigedfrombk Member Posts: 21
    May I ask what dealer and location. Thank you.
    Tom Kadlec Honda, Rochester MN

Really nice people.. I worked with Andy Gostomczik via Carwoo.com.

They delivered car to my door step; I did not even set foot in the dealership.
  • wxman6wxman6 Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2013
    Bought this vehicle Thursday, June 20 at Glockner Honda in Portsmouth, Ohio. Portsmouth is on the Ohio river about 90 miles south of Columbus and about 90 miles east of Cincinnati.
    Seems convoluted, but here is how it was written-up:

MSRP $26,975
    + $150 mudguards (dealer installed, didn't argue, I like them)
    = $27,125 adjusted MSRP
    -$1030.0 dealer discount
    =26095 crv price
    +$250 doc fee
    =$26345
    -$5000 (trade-in for 2004 crv ex w/107,000 miles)
    =$21345 taxable price
    +1494.15 (sales tax at 7%)
    =$22,839.15
    +$15 title/registration transfer
    - $500 honda loyalty cash
    - $750 "flex" cash
    = $21604.15 final price

Can't argue with only $265 in fees. Also got the 0.9% APR. It might not be the BEST deal ever given for a CRV EX, but I am pleased with it. We liked our salesman, Matt Groves, and would recommend him to anyone.
  • andyman1970andyman1970 Member Posts: 47
    That's about as low as I've seen any EX-L AWD - I assume there wasn't a trade involved?
    You can always get the proverbial "better deal", but if you are satisfied with the experience and end result, then there's merit to that as well.
    No trade-in involved. I have seen better deals but I was aiming for $500 below invoice and a decent buying experience. I am happy with my purchase.
  • wxman6wxman6 Member Posts: 15
    Agreed.
    Regardless, you got a decent deal there and very similar to my transaction.
  • j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    2013 CR-V EX White Diamond Pearl

Destination : NY

Purchased from NJ dealer. They did not have the color.. so will have to wait for them bring it from the factory/another dealer.

MSRP : 26,975

OTD Price: 26,975
  • flyersfanflyersfan Member Posts: 8
    Hi
    EX AWD Norristown PA
    With an $800 trade in of 2000 Audi a4 (ripped seats, non-functioning AC, Blinking CEL - can't believe I got anything for it))

After tax and tags - 24,995
    Feel pretty good about that
  • erikliuerikliu Member Posts: 2
    Hi, guys,
    I just got a price quote from Tarrytown Honda, Anthony, for 27110 including destination, and nothing else.

I think that is fair price. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot.

E
  • mrvegasmrvegas Member Posts: 2
    This is a good price. The lowest I have seen is 26,866 in il.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    500 to 1000 below dealers invoice is a good deal in N.Y.. Next week starts july prices should be closer to 1000 below invoice price for a better deal.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• amk116amk116 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a 2013 CR-V from a dealer in Maryland on April 28, 2013. I live in Pennsylvania. They charged me $200 Processing Charge and $91.50 (titling/registration fees) along with the sale price of the car and PA sales tax. I got the car financed through Honda. We drove the car home that day with dealer provided temporary MD registration plates. The dealer applied for PA registration/plates. Now they are saying that I owe them $160 for the balance of registration fees and they will not ship me the plates until I do. I asked for what and one person said it they undercharged me for the registration fees and another person said it was processing fees they had to pay an agent for out-of state registration (or something along those lines).

Bottom line is that they are now holding my plates hostage until I pay up. On the day I negotiated my purchase, they never gave me a hint that I may have to pay extra later. I feel that I should not have to pay for this because I had negotiated an OTD price not expecting to pay any more later on. My temp plate expires in a couple of days. Do I have any recourse?
  • amk116amk116 Member Posts: 3
    I know that in PA the annual registration fee is $36, title fee is $22.50 and there is a nominal charge for new plates. I know this from my experience a year and a half ago when, I purchased a new car from a dealer in PA. So, IMO they are not trying to recover Govt fees that they would not have known because they were not familiar with PA DMV fees. The $91 they charged me for titling/registration more than covers the PA DMV fees I believe.
  • zhyuanzhyuan Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2013
    2013 Honda CRV EX-L AWD (no Navigation)
    MSRP = 29,625 (Invoice = 27860)
    - 3375 discount (1600 off invoice price)
    - 750 Flex cash
    - 500 Loyalty/Conquest cash
    ------------------------------------------
    = 25000 before TTL
    + 298 documentation fee
    + 130 title and registration fee
    + 1640 tax
    -------------------------------------------
    = OTD 27068

Also got 0.9% APR for 60 months.
    Destination: MA
  • legosilegosi Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you strike that deal with? Seems pretty good compared to other things I've seen on this forum...
  • dghtrfgddghtrfgd Member Posts: 30
    YES! that sounds like an AWESOME deal. I'm looking for same. What is the name of the dealer?
  • navynavy Member Posts: 4
    Just back from dealer with 2013 CRV EX-L. Live in Suffolk, VA and communicated with area dealers for a 2013 Honda CRV EX-L (Base = no res/nav). NO trade, active duty military, wanted best OTD price.

Belong to USAA and investigated car buying service - 2 dealers very quick to honor that (too quick). Emailed other dealers (not mentioning USAA price) to get best out the door price. Email noted serious buyer, no trade, active duty, willing to finance (but not necessary), 2004 acura (if loyalty eligible) - best out the door price would be the one we would visit to final test drive/purchase.

All communication was done with all dealers targeting OTD price (I don't care whether they put the money in fees and lower price, give flex dollars or loyalty credit, etc).

HALL HONDA OF ELIZABETH CITY, NC (about 1 hour away) was best OTD at 25,131 :)

Details (direct from buyers contract):

Selling price = 25440.08
    Tax = 781.17
    License/Registration = 60.75 (even though in NC, they are able to get VA registration, etc)
    Processing fee = 599
    SUBTOTAL = 26881.00
    TOTAL CREDITS = 1750.00 (500 loyalty; 500 military; 750 dealer flex)

OUT THE DOOR - 25,131 (financed with AHFC at 0.9%)

Final configuration was Mountain Air/beige EX-L without pinstripes but with trunk tray, mudguards, sun visor and nitro in tires)

Next bests:
    Colonial Honda (Chester, VA) = 25,155 OTD
    Priority (Chesapeake, VA) = 25,880 OTD

Responsive but not close on price:
    Casey Honda (Newport News, VA)

Not close on price and not responsive:
    First Team (Chesapeake, VA) = over 27,000 and unresponsive/disinterested

In the end, Hall of Elizabeth City was worth the drive. Communicated well by email and they honored price that was emailed to me (although they initially thought it was not including tax, etc, they honored after I pointed out in the printed emails it was communicated as OTD). Honest, upfront folks that made it a great transaction.

VERY happy with price paid and no regrets.
    After considering your 500 military cash and lower sales tax, your price is 500 less than mine. Congratulations on this great price!
  • hondadhdhxhxhondadhdhxhx Member Posts: 2
    Crv ex-l awd +$2000 dealer accessories +taxes = 31000. Comments pls?
  • hondadhdhxhxhondadhdhxhx Member Posts: 2
    Crv ex-l awd +$2000 dealer accessories +taxes = 31000. Comments pls?
  • bigedfrombkbigedfrombk Member Posts: 21
    I am also looking for EXL in NY and lowest price I got OTD is $29,100. Good luck.
    I think you could get much better price for EX-L. Looking at your tax rate your OTD price need to be between $1,500 to $2,000 below MSRP.
    NY & NJ is different... Is very hard to get good price in NY, especially dealers in NYC. You will get better pricing from NJ dealers. 1000 below (OTD Price) sticker really good deal.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Just watch out for the "doc fees" they'll hit you with in NJ. If you are dealing OTD, then it shouldn't matter. Just make sure they understand you when you say OTD means EVERYTHING!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

lowest quote i got from new rochelle honda at 26,700 before tax and dmv.
    Atlantic honda said they could beat it by $200-400, but ONLY if i had another vehicle in the household that was not a honda (so that they would apply a "conquest" incentive) Unfortunately, i dont.
    I booked CRV EX for $26,975 Out the door including all taxes and fees. Just waiting for it...
    is that the EX or the EX-L ?
    Bayridge Honda (NYC) says they'll get me to 26,500 OTD (before tax and dmv) Going down now. Will see if they try a bait and switch...
    So i got to bayridge and they said that they could get me to 26,500 IF i met either the conquest or college incentive. They then proceeded to enter 27,750 as the TAXABLE cost and deduct 1,250 after the total. So that raised my otd to the same as New Rochelle's offer of 26,700.
    THEN when the guy was writing it up he actually tried to stick in a $762 destination charge. WTH? Why do they try to SWINDLE you? It is so insulting. That really ticks me off, and based on that alone I'm considering the drive to New Rochelle, even though both would come to the same amount otd.
    Or perhaps I should wait for July and try to get an even better deal?
    What do you guys think?
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Do not be bothered. Even if they do not add the destination charge, it is not the best deal you can get. I just bought a 2013 CRV EX-L in boston area. My price is 26250 -1250 incetive = 25000 including destination before tax and documentation fee. I believe your 26500 is also before tax and documentation fee, right?
    Is rochelle honda's 26,700 before incentives or after incentives?
    What is the name of the dealer in MA?
    New Rochelle Honda's 26,700 is after incentives :(...
    Bayridge didnt include the dest charge at the end of the day-- but the mere attempt to include it after ALL the discussion and negotiation was offensive.
    Both Bayridge and New Rochelle get me to about 29,600-29,700 OTD (after tax and dmv).
    I would certainly make the trip up to MA.
    I think the sense that you are getting a good deal and not being insulted is worth emotional currency too.
  • kenmarckenmarc Member Posts: 16
    $4600 off MSRP? That seems unheard of, around here (Denver) best I've seen is about $3000 off.
    Yes, but please note there is 1250 manufacture incentive in it. So it is 3400 off MSRP before incentive.
  • pdxbuyerpdxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I received this quote for an EX-L. Is this worth pulling the trigger on?

$27,029 Base invoice
    +$272 HDAG charge
    +$830 Destination and handling charge
    =$28,131 Invoice Total

Less: ($1250) Loyalty/Flex Cash
    $26,881 Total sale price

This price doesn't include TTL, but seeing that I'm from Oregon, I'll only be paying title and licensing fees.

What are some other tactics to get the dealer to budge on the price? This is the first time I've negotiated for a car so any advice is appreciated!
  • tnathantnathan Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    A friend and i just got home two EX-L fwd in dallas TX. OTD was 53000$ for both.
    Deal was to have financing, pick up only the ones in the inventory no additional free bells and whistles. Could not get the first choice colors that we wanted, but started liking the colors that we got.
    Started the search a month ago with our best offer was 52000. No dealer was even coming close. Autonation Lewisville was very open. they gave the quotes on writing, even when other could potentially match it.
    Very bad experience with David McDavid at both Frisco and Irving.
  • r_sethr_seth Member Posts: 6
    Been debating between the LX and EX models and got OTD quotes for both:
    LX : $23,700
    EX : $25,700

The out-the-door prices include $750 flex cash, but no conquest or loyalty discounts (as we don't qualify), Maryland sales tax of 6% and Title & Registration. The quote was from Ourisman Honda of Laurel, MD.

Should we wait till July to see better numbers?
    Good prices. I would recommend EX for a long run.
    Can you get lower prices from them?
  • tnathantnathan Member Posts: 3
    sale price: 25600
    dealer cash: -1000
    tax: 1600
    title: 86
    inspection, inventory tax, road tax, doc fee: 214
    OTD: 26500
  • ljvaljva Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased 2013 CR-V EX AWD. OTD is $24800 at Northen VA. It should be able to go lower if negotiating hard.
    Honda Cars of Boston in Everett MA came back to me with a quote of 26,939.
    That's higher than I'm getting from dealers here in NY (26,500 before tax and dmv).
    Should I just bite the bullet and get it for 26,500 + tax on 27,750 (which is another 100 over being taxed on only the 26,500)?
  • kisakukukisakuku Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2013 CR-V EX FWD today in Fairfield, CA for:
    $23,311.00
    - $750.00 Flex (don't qualify for Loyalty/Conquest)
    + gov't fees $288.35
    + sales tax $2017.47
    + doc fee $80.00
    OTD $24,946.82

Seems like a decent deal, too bad I couldn't get another $500 for Loyalty/Conquest.
    Please note that 26939 includes dealer's documentation fee and it is before any incentives you may qualify.
    I was at bayridge but purchased EXL-AWD from a NJ dealer. I did place a deposit for EX in NJ, so thought to buy from the same dealer.

Purchase Price $26,200
    Tax $2,325
    Doc Fee $225
    DMV $250

Total OTD $29,000
    Did you have any incentives applied for your purchase? Enjoy your new CRV.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks...

Yes ! $750 flex + $500 Honda loyalty....
  • winedinenywinedineny Member Posts: 3
    Hate dealing with NYC dealers especially Bkly & Queens.

Could you give me the dealer that cut this deal?

You are talking AWD with Nav, correct?

Thanks much