Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jewelteajeweltea Member Posts: 2
    I am a little confused over the current incentives. I do have a 2006 Subaru (not trading it in) and will finance through Honda. Should I get $500 or $1000 incentives? What is flex cash? Do I still get this if I am financing? I do not see anything about this under the incentives only the low APR rate. I am not military or a recent college grad.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    jeweltea
  • loveodyloveody Member Posts: 10
    Is it AWD? From the price it does not look AWD. If it is then the MSRP you mentioned does not look correct because the invoice price is higher than this figure. Can you confirm if it is AWD or not?
  • scooter827scooter827 Member Posts: 6
    I got a price of 27706 +TTL for a 2013 EX-L AWD w/nav. Is this good. I am not sure how the incentives work. This includes all incentives I believe.
  • goblue26goblue26 Member Posts: 4
    so it turns out the offer does not include NAV:( it also didn't include any incentives, so the price would be 25,900- 1000= 24,900 for an EX-L
    No, It is FWD
  • cuysecocuyseco Member Posts: 45
    Hi, I will start search for a good deal in AWD-LX 2013
    Anyone in here just bought one and how much you payed?
    Any tips in my search?

Thanks.
  • aprilzjaprilzj Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am in Arkansas and currently got a price of $25308, the dealer invoice price is $ 25379, MSRP is $26975. Does this seem to be a good deal?
    Does the sale price differ a lot from state to state?
    Any other buying experience in Arkansas area? Could you share how much you payed?
  • snorkersnorker Member Posts: 1
    goblue26 - Can you please identify the specific southern CA dealer from which you received the $25,900 quote (less $1,000 incentives = $24,900)? I'm currently working on a deal now in northern CA for the same vehicle with MSRP $28,375 but am only able to get them to $25,189. Plus, they don't have the color combo I am looking for. Please advise! Thank you in advance.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Flex cash---- is a 500 dollar incentive you get if you finance your car thru the honda corp. Not all dealerships have flex cash to give. its best to call several dealerships on the phone first to see who is offering flex cash , then trying to make a deal with those dealerships first.

The flex cash is not listed under the honda rebates/ incentives.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• masamamasama Member Posts: 4
    So the dealer couldn't find the 2013 EXL AWD with the color we want, but they offer the 2014 EXL AWD for 27000 + TTL, is this a good deal? How much improvement does the 2014 have compared with the 2013 one?
    edited August 2013
    Pretty much the same suv with the exception of driven a 2014 model for 5 month in the previous year. On jan,1 2014 your model is considered still a brand new model opposed to a 13 which is considered a 1 yr old model.

You need to check out edmunds new car pricing to see what this new CRV's invoice price is to tell what kind of deal your getting.

If you want to post this info i will tell you if your getting a good deal on the 2014.

• yareedayareeda Member Posts: 4
    Hi Goblue26,

I am based out of Southern California and in the market for the same, except that I need AWD. Your deal looks excellent. Can you please send me the name of the dealer where you got this deal?

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. The dealer said no 0.9% APR and no $500 incentive. So we went to another dealer and found the car we wanted. Finally got 13 CRV EX-L AWD for 25500 + TTL. I know it is not a super hot deal, but that is the only white one around here.
  • yareedayareeda Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,

Just got a quote from Fladboe Honda in Irvine CA for 2013 CRV AWD EX-L, no navigation, no RES.

$26,750 plus tax & lic. The price includes destination charge as well.

I know its not best deal but wanted to check how far I am off from a best price.

Thanks
  • newcar67newcar67 Member Posts: 6
    Masama, that's a nice deal. Which dealer did you go to?
    I bought my 2013 CRV EX-L AWD with navi for $26,900 (includes splash guard) plus TTL and doc fee of $250. The negotiated price inlcudes $1000 for incentives and flex cash. Comparing with the $29,400 invoice price, looks like I bought it for approx. $2500 below ( little more if we count splash guard too). What do you think of this price?
    There is scope for another approx $800 negotiation. Look around at other dealerships.
    It is Autosport Honda of Bridgewater, NJ. But the APR is pretty high and no incentive. So I didn't go for it.
    Most people in this forum will not be able to get 1500 below invoice price. They are buying at the wrong time. You start your negotiations the last days of the month.

If you recieved 1500 below invoice price plus the 1000 in incentives you did very well.

If i was buying a CRV this month 1500 below would be my starting number to buy plus any incentives that apply to me. The 2013 CRV is almost a 9 month old model with the 2014 comming next in month.

• newcar67newcar67 Member Posts: 6
    I meant, where did you finally buy 2013 ex-l from?
  • pa_guypa_guy Member Posts: 1
    Hi CRV experts,

I'm in the market for a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD. I was at the local Honda lot yesterday and their was a good number of 2014 CRV's there so I figured it would be a good time to pick up a 2013. I've gotten a quote for $26800 + TTL that included $500 Flex cash and $500 Loyalty discounts. What is a good target price for a year-end 2013 CRV EX-L AWD? Also any recommendations for dealers in Western PA?
    Galpin Honda in Mission Hills. $24,948 for a 2013 EX-L FWD. (with $1000 off incentives)
  • sbs6sbs6 Member Posts: 6
    I am getting Honda CRV 2013 EX-L with Nav ( 2 WD) for 29900 Out the Door in texas. Is this good cost ? Please suggest.
    I am getting Honda CRV 2013 EX-L with Nav ( 2 WD) for 29900 Out the Door in texas. Is this good cost ? Please suggest.
    This cost includes tinted windows+wheel lock+trunk tray+splash guard
  • kato5kato5 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2013 CR-V LX, AT, for $21,719 total delivered price - this includes all the fees and taxes (even $700 in state taxes, North Carolina). Only option added at dealership was mudflaps for $115, and that is included in the price above.

I went to another dealership and they wanted me to make an offer. I said, $21,500 total out the door. He said that wasn't even a serious offer. And yeah, he laughed. Included in the price above was $500 for Loyalty.
    edited August 2013
    please provide more info on this price. We are not mind readers.

selling price w dest charge
    dealers doc fee charge
    your states taxes, and rate, dmv charges
    any rebates/incentives included in your price.

Here are the splits.

1. Selling price - 27800 ( includes Destination + tinted windows+wheel lock+trunk tray+splash guard )

2. Sales Tax + dealer inventory tax + road&Bridge+DocFee+state insp+deputy service fee+lic fee + title fee) - 2100
    edited August 2013
    From what you posted your deal on your CRV EXL/w nav, was $1464 below invoice. your states taxes and dmv charges are not a factor in your deal. every states has different rates.

Subtract the dealerships doc fee charge from your below invoice price and thats what you bought your vehicle for. Overall a very good deal.

If you have not already posted the state and name of dealership were you purchased please post it so other forum members can try for a similar deal..

Haven't finalized the deal yet. Will post detail once I have it.

Couple of question -

Do I have to pay doc fee ? How much is that number ?

Can I ask them to waive off dealership inventory tax and roads and bridge ? Are those significant number ?

Do I expect cost to go down even more once 2014 model is out in dealership or if I try with them at month end ?
    edited August 2013
    sbs6

I made a mistake on your deal and pricing. The $ 1464 below price was estimated on a CRV, EXL, awd, w/ nav. Not the 2WD

If your numbers are correct for the same CRV but with 2wd here is your numbers on the deal.

Invoice w dest/charge=.............28,094

your price.................................27,800.

this is a terrible deal at 294 below invoice price. walk away from this deal. you could do much better. Click on my user name and read my prior posts on How and when to buy. This will help you get a better deal. Read my posts in the Accord prices paid forum you will learn alot in no time on buying/ tips.

At this time of the year your target price to buy should be 1000 to 1600 below invoice price plus any incentives and rebates that apply to you.

Until dealers have alot of 2014 CRV's on there lots there wont be much change in pricing.
    You should always ask each dealership when your negotiating pricing to disclose his doc fee' charge. I always add the doc fee charge to my asking price to buy making that fee a wash on the bill of sale. Unless dealer agree's to remove that fee. Almost all honda dealerships wont remove that fee.

Brian125,
    Could you please advice me with my search for LX-AWD 2013?
    How much would be a good deal?
    edited August 2013
    Your target price to buy any model should be 1000 to 1600 below invoice price plus any incentives and rebates that apply to you. Your area plus supply and demand will play a big part on pricing. Until these dealerships have alot of 2014's on there lots pricing will remain between above numbers. If you could find dealerships with 15 or more lx models thats where you will get your best deal. Dealers with limited lx models on there lot might not be willing to sell as cheap.

End of Oct thru Dec is when you will find your best deals on 2013 CRV's. The only problem is model and choice of color might not be what you want.

• jersey91jersey91 Member Posts: 5
    Was this AWD or FWD? I'm not sure what you mean by "AT". I'm trying to negotiate for 2013 CR-V LX AWD in New Jersey. Thanks and hope you enjoy the new car.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Regarding the doc fee, it is NOT a fee! It is price, additional profit for the dealer and additional cost for you. Dealers add this fee to give the illusion of a lower price. Dealers use the word fee to give the illusion of legality

However, the fee will need to be shown on the paperwork. If not the dealer runs the risk of being sued for discrimination.

That does not mean you have to actually pay it. Simply reduce the price by the fee amount.

It is amazing how so many people seem to think these fees are legitimate. The reality is these fees are just one more game dealers employ to deceive customers.

The price you pay includes all dealer costs plus profit. The only fees you should pay over price are those required by the Government, like sales tax. After all the dealer does not attempt to charge extra for other costs like electricity. Why should you pay extra for the limited labor costs associated with preparing documents which are mostly done by computer during the quality time you spend in the F&I office?
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    First time I remember seeing a doc fee was about 25 years ago. I did not pay it then and I have not paid a doc fee since.

Just tell the dealer you will not pay a separate doc fee. Ask the dealer to reduce the negotiated price or increase the agree upon trade value. If the dealer balks, just say thank you and begin to walk away.

Most dealers will not let a solid deal walk over the doc fee. There is never anything to loose letting the dealer think a deal is walking.
    Hi Brian125,

Dealer is including these - tinted windows+wheel lock+trunk tray+splash guard in the invoice price of 27800,

those alone will cost around $1000 , is it sill a bad deals ?
    jersey91
    How much are you getting for the car out of the dealer?
    I am looking for the same model
    edited August 2013
    Yes. go to College Hills honda parts and accessories for invoice pricing on your options. Wheel locks and splash guards you could buy both for $100 trunk tray $90 window tint inexpensive. i could get all for windows tinted for $125. Most dealers will throw in wheel locks and splash guards at no extra cost. Dealer pays a fraction of the cost listed for those items.

If that deal you posted is a 2wd model walk away. You need to be 1000 to 1600 below invoice price at this time of the year. plus any incentives that apply to you.

• discopalacediscopalace Member Posts: 2
    Brian, thx for all your great advice! I'm wondering how much you could expect to save by waiting a month or two. If your range is 1000-1600 below invoice now, what could it be later? I don't need a new car now, I just want one... But I'm willing to wait if it saves me a few thousand bucks (more beer!).
    edited August 2013
    Waiting a couple more months might make it alot easiers to get that 1600 below invoice on a 2013. I would be surprised if any honda dealerships sell for below 2k. That kind of pricing could be a very late sale in Nov/ Dec with a color and model that has been sitting around on the lot.

Honda's are known for very good Resale Value better than Toyota, Nissan, and American cars.

• foreray44foreray44 Member Posts: 1
    Starting to put $$$ into "02" CR-V (air cond.(2nd time) and ox. sensor past month) 107k
    Thinking about buying 2013 CR-V EX AWD - what might I expect to pay below MSRP. Does destination fee cover transport to Hawaii or should I expect to pay more?

Would consider LX except pass. seat doesn't get an armrest( what's up with that?)

Also saw a 2007 EX 2wd with 39k very clean - what might be a more fair $$$ than $19,000 that
    feels high to me
  • newuser76newuser76 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD and have the following:
    MSRP $29,625
    Sales price before tax, tag, title (includes 1,050 discount) - $28,925
    Sales price with tax, tag, title - 29,9919.75
    Car includes wheel locks, trunk liner and tinted windows ($350.00)

Can someone help me determine where I should be with this deal? Also, I'm having a hard time finding true invoice. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
  • jpdcjpdc Member Posts: 17
    Hi all. I'm in the Chicago area and I'm looking to buy a 2013 CR-V for my kids. (I know that's nuts, but that's another discussion.) I'm thinking about an AWD LX. No other bells or whistles. Any insights on what I should be paying? The dealer I'm working with has $500 flex cash available. I don't qualify for a loyalty bonus. And I plan to finance using the 0.9% offer. Many thanks.
  • guest2011guest2011 Member Posts: 30
    You probably got the 2WD. I'm in NJ up here 2wd is only available in far south. Dealers laugh because they know if you don't buy today for 21,500 some sucker will buy tomorrow for 25,100. I need a car tomorrow so i have to bend over backwards and take it hard.

I asked if it would be better to come end of the month. Sales said price will not change end of month. I walked.
  • sundevilsundevil Member Posts: 28
    Purchased 2013 AWD EXL with Navigation in Chicago area last week for base price of $28179. Tax, title, license and $164 documentation fee were extra. No dealer added accessories. Got $500 flex cash and $500 loyalty incentive effectively bringing down base price to $27179.

I believe the base price was about $1100 below invoice and $1000 of incentives were applied on top of this. Got this quote via dealer e-price link without any haggling. Finance office did not try to push any accessories or warranties.
    edited August 2013
    hey quest
    Before you bend over and give it up try these dealerships first. you might even get a free meal out of the deal with the options you want on your CRV .

Hamillton
    Auto-sport..........Bridgewater nj.
    paul miller
    DCH Academy -......OLdbridge nj.
    dch Paramus

In new york call these dealerships

New Rochelle honda...... high volume dealership

Yonkers Honda. very good dealership and internet mgr.

Bayridge honda............. sometimes they will surprise you with good pricing.

CALL THESE DEALERSHIPS INTERNET DEPT. AND ONLY SPEAK TO THE INTERNET MANAGERS.

take your best price and minus another 750 of that and tell each manager you will buy tomm. if dealership meets your price. Its best to buy on the last days/ last day of the month but it seems you have a time factor so your pricing is limited. dealers have the leverage on you right now.

If you need help let me know. i'll be around tomm.

Nj doc fee's are from 239 to 499
    New york doc fee's are capped at only 75 dollars.

Read my posts in the Accord pricing forum to get a idea how to get the best price. Start with these two post # 30550 and 30558 which is a must for you to read when calling dealerships.

Good luck with these slimy dealerships in N.J.

• guest2011guest2011 Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    In NJ

$24,495 OTD all @#$%& fees and 7%tax included (if boss allows). Boss sent a mind signal far across the room and magically approved without sales checking with him/them. So this number can change depending how much i appear to want this @#$%.  Missing arm rest, alloy wheels, glass tint. I'd have to pay extra for those. Is this a craptastic "deal"? I think its about $5-6000 profit on this overprised @#$%.  About same range as CX5 touring FWD with nicer everything inside and out but i don't care for Mazda much. Friends advise against mazda in general.

PS - can i say "craptastic" in this forum?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    "craptastic" is okay... (as long as you don't use capital letters.. lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jpdcjpdc Member Posts: 17
    Hi Sundevil. Sounds like a good place to look. Are you okay with sharing the dealer's name? I'm on the north shore but would look elsewhere. Thanks.