Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mtemple212mtemple212 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Brian. I did email Bernardi and a sales person did call me and also sent me a quote via email. 27025 for an EX-L, and this includes the $830 destination charge. I informed them in my original email that I probably would not be buying until it gets closer to the end of the year and that I was just shopping around at the moment. I haven't tried Boch yet but have bought from them in the past and they are on the hardcore side of wheeling and dealing, but if you stick with it, it will be usually be worth it. They seem to be all about volume selling and they seem to have a lot of CR-V's in stock at any given time. Seems to be the same at Bernardi as far as how many they have in stock. I may still take a look at the CX-5 for comparison purposes though.
  • ceijiceiji Member Posts: 2
    Purchased a 2014 Honda CRV LX AWD in Michigan Detroit area.

$23900 OTD with Honda Finance for 60 months at 1.9% APR.
  • yuanz1yuanz1 Member Posts: 1
    hello miltjaffe,
    Is it EX AWD? What is the car price with dest. ? Your input is highly appreciated.

Thx
  • jo5jo5jo5jo5 Member Posts: 3
  • jo5jo5jo5jo5 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased the car with OTD price $31.300 incl mudguards, cargo liner and tires with nitrogen. MSRP $31,245 (appro.) incl. destination.

Included costs are:
    License fees ($41)
    Electronic fees for lic. ($55)
    GA. Sales Tax (($1907)
    Dealer Doc. ($499)
    Dealer appear. Cost (119)

I was offered Extended warranty for 7 tears/ 100,000 miles for $1695. Geico offers Mechanical Breakdown Coverage for about $88 per year which can be purchased within 15 months or $15,000 miles. For each breakdown, deductible is $250. The dealer purchased extended warranty can be cancelled within 30 days without any loss, otherwise can be cancelled prorated any time afterwards. I would appreciate any discussion about benefits of dealer purchased warranty.
  • pbloverpblover Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    I currently have two offers on the table. Both are for a CRV EXL FWD. The first is for $27600. I am waiting to hear if my "all inclusive" really was all inclusive. The second is a true OTD price of $27993.17, which includes everything including mud flaps, pin striping, wheel locks, and nitrogen tires. The dealer also includes lifetime oil changes, car washes, and a few other minor things. Of the extras, I really only care about the wheel locks and don't think I should pay for those. Wondering if this a good enough deal or do I have a little more wiggle room. On the first offer, I don't know what the extras are. Thanks!
  • tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51
    Ceiji, am live in Mi. and what dealer and person assisted you.
  • s_dereks_derek Member Posts: 3
    I am about to purchase my first new car from a dealer and my wife and I have settled on the CRV EX with AWD. We contemplated the EX-L for the Navigation, but decided it was not worth the extra cost.

I went through USAA's car buying service and it automatically emailed 3 dealers in the DC area. I told them I wanted the CRV EX AWD and had a Jeep to trade in. So far, none of the dealers will give me a quote over email.

I looked through this thread for DC area dealers, so please forgive me if I am asking questions that have already been answered. Should I email these dealers back and tell them a specific price that I am looking for? If so, does anyone recommend a particular dealer in the DC area?

Thank you
    Derek
  • divinetruthdivinetruth Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am getting the following price for 2014 CR-V EX-L AWD w/navigation: 27229 (after agreeing to apply for Honda financing) + 830 destination fee + 200 processing fee + 395 protection package +TTL. Is this a good price or should I ask for them to adjust for processing fees?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
  • v8pathyv8pathy Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great price, except for the 395 protection package. Can that be removed. Where are you located and what dealer is this. I am looking for the same 2014 CR-V EX-L AWD w/navigation.
    Hi v8pathy,
    I am in MD. I can ask if they can remove the package. Several dealers are offering this price with Honda financing
    1) Brown's honda city
    2) Jim Coleman of clarksville
    3) Criswell Honda
    4) College park Honda
    5) Ourisman

Hope that helps
    I just signed the paperwork on a 2014 EXL 2WD in twilight blue for an out the door price of $27793.66 at Honda of Bowie in MD. This included lifetime oil changes, free car washes whenever, an upgrade on the warranty to 60/100,000 and whatever add ons the dealer put on the car.

Price break down is:
    Dealer processing $200
    Tax 1584.60
    Registration $175
    Title 120
    Tire tax $4

I financed with Honda for 1.9% and got the $500 Honda incentive applied for financing through Honda.

They had to get the car from another dealer after initially telling me I had to take a car from the lot, except they only had 1 2WD and it was a 2013 in a color I didn't like or I would have considered it. I pick the car up tomorrow.
    Hi,
    This question is for folks from MD. Can you check your bill of sale and let me know how the dealers calculate 6% tax. Is it on the base price + incentive or is it on the base price + destination fees + incentive + processing fees + accessories + warranties. In other words do we have to pay or fees as these are services and not the actual products
    Thanks
    It's on all the fees plus base price.
  • misterfunkymisterfunky Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    divinetruth,

How did you get such a low price for your Honda CR-V EX-L W/NAV AWD? Your price of $27,229 is way below truecar.com's "good price of $29,395. It's 2,176 below their listed invoice price $29,405. Are there better sites out there with better pricing information, dealer's hold-back, etc..

I just bought a 2014 EX-L AWD, no Nav, for $27,991, which is truecar's "good" price for my zip code (New Jersey). I also received $2000 for my 2011, as a trade-in, $500 flex cash, whatever that is, plus $250 customer loyalty coupon. However they added that mud flap crap for $850 (mud flaps, cargo tray, window etching, keypass; I had this removed last time, price wise...). Anyway, this was a lease and my payment is $375 for 36 months; basically the same as I was paying for the previous 2011 model. Money Factor was .00083 (1.99% roughly)

I always start the negotiation as if it's a purchase first, then once I get the final figures down, I switch to lease. I am not sure if any of my methods are good or bad. I don't like haggling, and I don't want to pick everyone's pocket, I just want to pay an honest price for the car, and not feel like I am getting ripped off. I am interested in better methods, as well as better sites to gleen good prices, as I need to bu another car around 12/28/13; end of month, end of year! :)

Thanks
  • jrmumjrmum Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I've read several pages back, but didn't notice any pricing/strategies for the LX AWD. I'm based in the NJ/DE/PA area. We traveled 2 hours for the last vehicle we purchased (not Honda) and saved $2000 from any of the local dealers after I submitted price requests via the various car buying free services (ie. amex, costco, edmunds, etc). The local dealers would not budge with any match or close to match, but that was a few years ago.

Before I submit any internet price quote requests, any advice is welcomed. Do I submit via these services to different zip codes? Do I figure out who the internet managers are at our local dealers and email them direct or via their website? Do I send same request to multiple services or dealers at same time? Or is there some "best price" that I just write down and tell them "this is what I am offering for this vehicle-take or leave it" (and how do I determine that price). If I test drove at a dealer, should I use a different name or phone number in my request? I didn't provide an email address, although one dealership had me in their database somehow. I want to make sure I get the best price possible and if it means waiting a few weeks, then I will.

We were told only AWD avail in this area. I have no strict color preference though I'd rather not go with a white and I'd prefer the black cloth, but the grey isn't a deal breaker. Since there doesn't seem to be any real difference between a 2014 & 2013, I'd also consider a 2013 as a certified pre-owned (heard one of our local dealers is getting some in in the next few weeks)

While power seats would be the one feature that I'd prefer and is available on competitor vehicles in this class, I can live with manual height adjustment in the LX. We'd get the LX because the sticker difference between the LX and next model doesn't appear to be worth it. However if a deal narrowing that margin of next model can be had, we'd consider.

Thanks in advance for any help in making this a smoother, stress-free (and relatively quick) process now that I have driven several vehicles in this class and narrowed down to a CR-V or Forrester
  • popiandpipipopiandpipi Member Posts: 2
    I thought I had nailed down a good price on a 2014 2014 EX-L FWD but now I am not so sure.
    27880 OTD...includes everything. Is that a good price or am I settling for a high price?
    Also the $26210. Included the $830 destination fee.
    edited November 2013
    That's not a bad price. You're about $100 higher than my price and I got a fantastic deal according to a Consumer Reports report I ordered for the 2014 CRV EXL FWD. Taking what the sales guy said with a grain of salt, he told me he had to go to 3 different managers before he found one to take my offer, the first two were ready to let me walk and got to College Park Honda where I had an OTD offer of $27600. I chose to go with the higher rate because they offered lifetime oil changes and were around the corner from my house. It was only $200 higher.
    Hi,
    About the price I got. Here is what I did. I do not know if it will work each time or not, however, I wrote to 8 dealers in my state by going through their website. I told them I will only give my phone number once I narrow down to 2-3 dealers after they provided me with their price. I think I lucked out when the first dealer offered me a price of 27229 pending approval of financing by AHFC. After that I just used that email and send it out to all the dealers in my area and they all said they can match it. I have not been to the dealer yet so do not how much they are really going to do once I get there. But since I have no hurry in buying a vehicle I can always walk out if they do not honor what they said in the email.

Hope that helps.
  • bj77bj77 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Hi,

I live in MD as well. Can you please forward your quote or billofsale to balaji_jb at yahoo.com when you get a chance.

Thanks for your help

B
  • flyingtoutopiaflyingtoutopia Member Posts: 1
    Hi.. Thanks for providing some price info. I live in Boston and I am looking for CR-V EX-L model as well. Just wondering if you received price offers from any other Boston region dealers? I am not in a hurry. But if I find a great offer, then I can go for it anytime.
    Thanks..
  • dawn168dawn168 Member Posts: 1
    Hello...we just bought our Honda CRV 3 days ago. As we signed the contract, the dealership did not mention anything about the $500 flex cash through Honda Financing. I contacted the dealership afterwards asking about it. They told me they didn´t know anything about the flex cash promo, cuz they didn´t have anything to do with it...and it was too late to apply for it now since we have signed the contract. I feel kind of cheated by the car dealer, but don´t know how to deal with this issue. May I still possibly get the $500? Thanks for any advice!
  • honda2005honda2005 Member Posts: 1
    Please share the best price you were able to negotiate for an 2014 AWD EX (no leather or navi) in Omaha Nebraska/Iowa area.
    The only option I want is rear spoiler.
    Willing to finance for the $500 incentive
  • popiandpipipopiandpipi Member Posts: 2
    I live in Georgia.

25,325.80 Vehicle and Accessories
    599 Doc Fees
    90.95 Tag,Title, ETR, WRF
    1784.25 GA Ad Valorum
    No sales tax
    27,800 Total
  • planetvikasplanetvikas Member Posts: 3
    I got lowest price on a CRV-EXL AWD with Navigation of $28,555 including destination plus tax/title/fees. Is it a good price to buy?
  • naidunaidu Member Posts: 2
    Vikas,

I am in the process of buying Honda CR-V E XL AWD with Navi next weekend and I am living in MI state. I got the below quote.

Internet Price: $28,188.98 - $200.00(discount) = $27988.00

Out The Door: $29,915.00 (Including the destination, tax, doc fee and title fee). It looks your price is lower than my quote.

Could you provide details of your price please. Also could you provide the dealer details please.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited November 2013
    If you financed thru honda that dealership already got paid. Whats done is done. You could tell dealer you are going to pay off the honda loan next week with a credit union loan thats same % price as there loan.. See if they will reconsider. Check out pricing from Penn fed credit Union they have low rates.

By the way your dealer knows if they have flex cash or not to give .. its a very simply question make them answer you with a.... Yes my dealership has it or No we do not. If its no then dont feel bad its over and so is your deal. Enjoy your new SUV..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• gillbgillb Member Posts: 50
    I don't need a better radio, nicer hub caps or even a sunroof. But I absolutely hate those black side view mirrors on the LX which would be a much more cost effective alternative to the EX.

Is it possible to professionally paint or even replace the mirrors with EX mirrors? If I'm on a lease would this be considered an acceptable vehicle modification by Honda?

I've looked into side view mirrors bras and other accessories but they range from even worse to no added benefit at all.

I'd be very interested if anybody else has a solution or personal experience with this other then to buy a black CRV
    edited November 2013
    When you lease a vehicle you do not own it. You are paying to drive it for a certain amount of time then you give it back.. If a dealer is willing to modify your request on a lx model then it would be fine.. Otherwise you cant do it on your own..

The ugly side mirrors on the LX match the really ugly rims Why bother. Both are eye sores.

Naidu,
    No, my price is not OTD and do not include taxes so compare it with your $27988. I live in Milwaukee, WI. Compared to yours I got another quote for $28,074 which is still higher than yours.
    Vikas
  • honda_omahahonda_omaha Member Posts: 1
    Did you get your CRV EX AWD yet? If so, what was your price paid and what dealership. Thanks.
  • wheeladealawheeladeala Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Purchased a 2014 EX AWD for $24,899 OTD. Breakdown was $24,000 vehicle price ($1520 under dealer invoice) plus $1400 tax/title/fees minus $500 honda finance incentive.
  • finderbfinderb Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    We're shopping for a 2014 CRV in the DC area. The best price I've been offered so far is a hair over $26,000 OTD, which seems a little high based on some of the posts here. That breakdown was something like $23,700ish for the car (including destination/freight), $414 for the tailgate spoiler, and $300ish for MD tags, and 6% MD tax.

Is this a good price? Should I hold out a little longer?

Thanks in advance!
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    2014 CRV EX-L 2WD - White Diamond Pearl
    MSRP $27,695 plus destination of $830 = total sticker $28,525

Dallas / Fort Worth Area Sales Manager verbally offered me the following:

Invoice - $26,830
    Offer - $25,689 (includes destination charge of $830)
    Tax of 6.25% - $1,605.56
    Title fee and License fee - $105
    Doc Fee - $150.00
    Drive Out - $27,549.56

Used $500 Recent Grad Honda Incentive Cash
    Assuming they are applying $500 "FLEX" cash
    Using 36 Month 0.9% APR through Honda Financial

What do you guys think? I'm assuming this price is with no dealer adds (accessories). Sound Good? Maybe I can get them throw in some splash guards (mud flaps) and a trunk tray.
    Hey Pop,

Sounds very good. Invoice is 26,830 - So you were $1,505 below invoice. But it looks like they shifted some of that discount over to the Doc Fee, $599 is outrageous! Either way, you got what looks like a very low price!

What accessories did they throw in with that price?

I am about to try for 4 accessories tomorrow on their offer of $25,689.
    1. Tailgate Spoiler
    2. Body Side Moldings
    3. Mud Flaps
    4. Trunk Tray
    Closed today (Black Friday) - Here's the breakdown:
    2014 CRV EX-L 2WD - White Diamond Pearl

MSRP plus Destination $28,525.00
    Selling Price of Vehicle $26,296.48
    Dealer Added Accessories: $ 599.00

Tailgate Spoiler, Body Side Moldings,
    Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks,
    Window Tint, Zaktek Protective Paint Coating

Sub-Total $26,895.48
    Sales Tax 6.25% $ 1,680.97
    Dealer Inventory Tax $ 58.05
    Doc Fees $ 150.00
    Registration Fee $ 57.75
    Title Fee $ 33.00
    County Road & Bridge Fee $ 10.00
    Inspection Fee $ 23.75
    Total $28,909.00

Incentive Cash from Honda Motors:
    $500 for Recent Grad - $250 FLEX Cash
    Total Incentive Cash $ (750.00)

Final "Out The Door" Price $28,159.00

I (Dad) paid $159 cash, and my daughter (Recent Grad) financed $28,000 at 0.9% with Honda Financial for 36 Months - first payment due 1/12/14

I will be happy to share the paperwork with anyone, just send me your email address. We purchased at Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, TX. Sales staff was very courteous, but I noticed they purposely showed only one dealer added accessory on the settlement statement - "Zaktek Ultimate" for $599, and failed to list the other 6 added accessories. They also applied the Honda cash at the end but only labeled it "Cash on Delivery". It was very confusing and hard to follow, and frankly got in the way of our negotiation. Through it all however, I was able to stay below what I had predetermined I would pay if necessary. My daughter is ecstatic! I'm a happy Dad!!! I so hate the slimy and sneaky paperwork schemes to avoid people sharing what they paid. Ridiculous!!
  • crvinbostoncrvinboston Member Posts: 3
    2014 EX-L AWD, new in Boston:

$26,398 'car price' +
    $125 Title/Reg +
    $349 Documentation
    =
    $26,872 total car price +
    $1,679 sales tax =

$28,551 total.

how did I do?
    Nice deal.. Post what dealer you purchased from??

• thriller2thriller2 Member Posts: 7
    I wanted to buy CRV tried dealing with lots of Honda Dealer for a good deal since August this year.
    I was looking for around $1500 below invoice but none of them were ready to do that. They will promise of phone & email and flip back to their price when I am at the dealership. So I ended up with RAV4 XLE . I am glad went with RAV4 as the ride so smooth , calm and awesome.

Past Monday I bought new 2013 RAV4 XLE FWD $22,000 + Tax Tag & title in Socal ( Greater LA area ). I think I got awesome deal. This was less than TrueCar price and almost $2k below factory invoice price :)
  • phelps2phelps2 Member Posts: 13
    EX-L was pushing our budget, though the deal above looks good (what dealer, crvinboston?). So we went with an EX:

$24,293 Selling price
    $134 Title/registration/inspection
    $298 documentation
    $24,717 total selling price
    Plus sales tax of course
    $26,265 total OTD
    Happy enough and well under invoice
  • suekindelsuekindel Member Posts: 1
    I paid $26,801 incl destination on my new CR-V EX-L AWD yesterday plus $199 doc fee at Munganast St Louis Honda. Total paid $27,000 before tax title registration.
  • prevolloprevollo Member Posts: 1
    Is their anyway you can send copy of invoice to me: prevollo@comcast.net

Thank you...looking to help my folks on 2014 E-XL here in florida they try to also get you on Dealer fee$699
    I got this quote from Boch in Norwood. I emailed 30+ dealers, Silko gave me a good price, Boch beat it.

Note this was on the last couple days of the month
  • s_dereks_derek Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a 2014 CRV EX with AWD in the DC area on black Friday. I paid $25,000 OTD from Sheehy Honda on Route 1. I emailed 5 or 6 dealers around here and Sheehy was the first to agree to my price, although others claimed they would match.
    Just to recap my deal.....

2014 CRV EX-L 2WD - White Diamond Pearl (NO NAVIGATION)
    Dealer Adds Included at No Charge:
    Tailgate Spoiler
    Body Side Moldings
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Tray
    Wheel Locks
    Widow Tint
    Zaktek "Clear-Coat" paint protection (free detail every 6 months for 3 years)

$26,145 Selling Price

$28,159 Out the Door (TT&L, $150 doc fee, and dealer inv tax of $58.05)
    I'm researching and best price I got on EX-L AWD is $27,151 + tax. Can you tell me the dealer?
    Thanks.
    Vikas
  • bayareacrv_buybayareacrv_buy Member Posts: 1
    Thats sounds like a very good price.....
    Where did you get this deal? Hoping this is somewhere in Northern California.
    try Boch in Norwood