Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Based on the $200.00 below other dealer's price I assume you went through Gillman Honda, thanks for the information though.
  • dlim899dlim899 Member Posts: 20
    CRVs will never be a "Distressed" model. Sale for this model has been slow and we have to continue to move them even if way below invoice.

Why is this model moving slow, possibly because of the new RAV4 or the possibility that the new 2007 is coming out. But regardless we will continue to move them as we are not in love with the iron.
  • councilcouncil Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for CRV SE which is $185.00 below invoice. Not sure how much I can still get below this number. People are say several hundreds below invoice here.
  • blueboyjocksblueboyjocks Member Posts: 36
    "Best quote I got on a 2006 CRV LX model was $19,445.00 plus tax title and license."

You didn't say if it is front wheel drive or 4x4 but if I remember correctly, that price quote is the invoice for FWD LX 2006 that I bought last Dec. which I got it much lower than that also in San Antonio. Try to get more than one quote, at least 3 or 4 for comparison. When I was in the market and ready to buy the V I got price quotes for at least 6 dealers, 3 from Austin and another 3 from SA.
    Good luck, you pick the right vehicle! ;)
    Thanks, that offer was for the FWD LX model and is the best offer I've received from the San Antonio dealers. Plan on looking into the Austin dealerships next. Dealer invoice was 19,397 and dealers weren't willing to go below that price at all.
  • droppingcoindroppingcoin Member Posts: 2
    I researched the 2006 CRV EX Invoice Price before going to the dealer.

Edmunds is : 21,942 The dealer tells me his invoice on same model is 22,850 per a sheet he brings out to show me... not an actual invoice sheet.

So is this another ploy?

THis $22K dealer price did not include delivery & Handling or the extra security system offered.

ALso, they won't give me as much on my trade in as other dealers or different manufacturers.

I walked out to research and assume it is best to continue to seek other dealers offers..

However the question is: What is the invoice price???? :confuse:

Thank you.
  • thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    Our invoices include anything that we had to do to the vehicle: accessories, service work, financing, etc.... there are so many variables. The edmunds invoice is what we paid for the vehicle....our invoice shows our COST after.
  • droppingcoindroppingcoin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks THe Bill,

THe CRV EX I was looking at is a standard vehicle (new on the lot), no accesories. The dealer did not show me an individual invoice sheet but showed me a typed rate sheet for various models. Was it the "Here comes the sucker" rate sheet? Don't think I am getting the best deal so I will keep looking. If they want to beat it later that would be fine. Money is money and I work hard for it.

I will stick to the Edmunds invoice number and move along.

Thanks again for your response.
  • thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    Could you please describe the "typed rate sheet"? I think I know what youre talking about but Im not sure.
  • brandloyalbrandloyal Member Posts: 27
    I have been reading that some folks are getting really good deals on the SE models almost to the point that I am starting to wonder if these deals are a better value than the EX model I have been considering. Is it possible that the higher priced SE models don't move off the lot as quickly as the less luxurious models?
  • joeyd2joeyd2 Member Posts: 12
    I just picked up my 2006 CRV-SE.
    The whole experience was great. The price was 23559 and the trade was full blue book (I checked). The dealer is Joyce Honda in NJ. The price on the EX was 2000 less, LX 4000 less. Now I'm off to buy some toys for it. By the way I have followed this forum for years. The information I found here was very helpful.
  • dlim899dlim899 Member Posts: 20
    FYI - I don't know the EX you are considering is a 4WD or 2WD but this is the invoice for both (based in California):

4WD EX Auto - 21942.00 + 550 (D&H) = 22492
    2WD EX Auto - 20835.12 + 550 (D&H) = 21385.12

This is without any other accessories already installed.

FYI.
  • katiejkatiej Member Posts: 1
    Hi Council

May I ask where in NC you found the $185 below invoice price? Did this include destination charge, or $23,325? I am looking in Raleigh but am willing to go further afield if necessary!

Please advise--thank you!

Katie
  • agentmickeyagentmickey Member Posts: 1
    2006 Honda CRV/EX AWD Automatic: Silver Moss Color

MSRP price: $24,300
    Invoice price: $22,495
    Price I paid: $21,700, $23,669 OTD
    (Tax rate: 7.75%. San Diego resident)

Dealer Holdback: $713

This dealer went into their entire holdback PLUS $82.

Honda World: Downey, CA
  • deepasum03deepasum03 Member Posts: 2
    Does the price include destination fee around 560 ? I would like not to pay the destination fee but haven't been successfull in that.
  • nbuyernbuyer Member Posts: 10
    Anyone please can tell me what could the invoice price for 2006 Honda CR-V 4wd invoice price in chicago area.
    Any suggesstions will be appreaciated.
  • joeyd2joeyd2 Member Posts: 12
    The price included everything except tax and tags. There was no destination or paper work charges. It was a very professional and fun experience.
  • deepasum03deepasum03 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing the info,

I have sent an email to them . hope they offer me the same deal.

Crossing my fingers
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    The invoice price is the same in Chicago as it is anywhere else. It can be found on numerous websites.
  • phisherphisher Member Posts: 175
    I ended up paying 500 below invoice and no destination on a SE.(not in your area) If your serious about getting the best price Wait until the 30th, go in to the dealership and let them know the price you want to pay, let them know that you've gotten other quotes (be honest with the prices if they ask) Tell them that if they agree to the price you'll buy today. You just have to be honest but forceful with the price. If they don't agree go to another dealership. If they both don't agree to your price you've most likely misread your market. There's always next month and new incentives, plus the new CRV rolling down the line to bring prices down. The other thing that I looked at when I was buying mine was to go on each dealerships web site and check there inventory. It might not be exactly correct but if there site says they have 40 SE on the lot they probably be much more willing to let one go compared to a dealership that has only 7 on the lot. Good Luck
  • hondachef2006hondachef2006 Member Posts: 15
    Just got a quote for a 2006 CRV LX 4WD Auto for 18565.00 plus $99.00 service fee and tax title in metro milwaukee, wi.

Should I buy or wait for prices to fall?
    It sounds like a good price to me, but you just have to decide if you need the car now or you can wait until the 2007 comes out. You just might not have as good a color selection if that matters. Is that quote at Wild honda? They offered the best prices when I asked for quotes.
    I don't know about your area but in the midwest honda has offered lease specials on the LX and EX this month and last so these might just be moving off the lots a little faster.
  • wahahawahaha Member Posts: 1
    Wilde Honda's quote is at least $1000 higher than $18,xxx. Did he talk about 2WD?
    The quote was for a CRV LX 4-dr. Auto @ $18565.00, they need to move them fast. The quote was good till the end of the month.
  • philliplcphilliplc Member Posts: 136
    even with dealers trying to move them $18565 doesn't sound realistic for a 4wd LX. if it's a real price i wouldn't bother waiting.
  • frish75frish75 Member Posts: 2
    just purchased 2006 CR-V EX AWD $23190 out the door price before trade-in ($5000- blue book). but i wanted to alert anyone to a scam perpetuated at CONICELLI AUTOPLEX, conshohocken, PA. NEVER BUY FROM THESE DISHONEST CLOWNS.

my points- any dealer that refuses to accept a check from an "internet bank", leave immediately and search for a reputable establishment.

this was my experience:

like all wise shoppers, i was preapproved via capital one autofinance for 5.75 %. after price was negotiated, dealer offered me a much higher rate, when i said i would use capital one, all parties at the dealer said "we don't accept their checks, they take 4 months to pay us", and continued that i could get only 6.5% from them. they (finance manager, sales manager) persisted for days with this stance, which sounded like a scam to me which i confirmed at carbuyingtips.com, until i had capital one send a letter guaranteeing payment in 24-48 hours. of course, once they received this letter, they said "we'll take the check". then, of course they call a few hours later to say honda is now offering me 5.69%. what a suprise!

just offering this up for others info
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    How do you buy a car in Feb?

TB
    Thought I'd check with the group to see what they think of this quote I received 21,469.69 which is the drive out price. Would be interested in hearing from those who have purchased a similar model particularly those who live in South Texas area and name of dealership.
  • philliplcphilliplc Member Posts: 136
    that sounds a bit steep for a 2WD. what was the price before ttl? in oregon they are constantly being advertised for invoice (~$19400) and can be had for a few hundred under, if not more. maybe 2WD is easier to sell in south texas climate.
    I walked into the dealership told them I wanted to buy today, gave them the honest price I had been quoted via internet - I told the internet person That there dealership was on my way to a relatives I was going to see, And that I didn't have time to screw around in the dealership, They gave me a low price. I didn't end up going to Chicago so I went to a local dealership and told them what Price I was willing to pay. The sales person said that the Mgmt would never accept it but five minutes later he came back and said congrats on your new car. I have to say though I gave more on my trade in than I would of if the price wasn't so low.
  • wintertigerwintertiger Member Posts: 9
    What's the price then?
    I ended up paying right around 22500. But I accepted 500 less on my car than KBB states it at.
    The price before ttl was $19,876.12 which included the $550.00 destination charge.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If you were that upset, why did you still buy from them?

Capital One issues two types of checks. One type is a regular check. These are fine. Then, they issue "drafts" that look like checks. No smart dealer will take these. they are basically "checks" with strings attached. These can delay funding for long periods of time.

And, a lot of the banks and credit unions will match the internet rates. I know I would rather deal with a local bank than a faceless enity.
  • kwhkwh Member Posts: 68
    when buying a 2004 cr-v, what would the normal amount for the deposit be?

is it refundable if i change my mind
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    when buying a 2004 cr-v, what would the normal amount for the deposit be?

is it refundable if i change my mind

You are buying a used car, so it will depend on the dealer, or if you are buying from an individual.

I usually put $100 on a cerdit card as deposit when buying a car.

How much are you paying for a 2004 CR-V? Is it LX 2WD, LX 4WD, EX, Manual, Auto?
    I guess my sense of humor is lost on the internet. You said to go in on the 30th (of the month) and offer the dealer so and so.

I was wondering then how do you buy a car in Feb, when there is no 30th of the month.

Thanks for taking us to school though!

TB
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    How about buying on Feb 29th? That way the car would only have a birthday every four years. That's gotta be great for resale value... :P
    if you read the first post you will see I didn't state I bought on the 30th but suggested that other people wait until the 30th. Unless they were waiting 11 months to buy the 30th should work. But if they waited until February I bet they would get a sweet deal on a new 2006 they just might not have a good selection.
  • kerneldkerneld Member Posts: 3
    I am in the South Texas area, but my definition of South might be more south than yours (Rio Grande Valley), I got a 2006 CRV LX FWD Auto from Kellogg for essentially Invoice. $19,500 + ttl I think. The salesman there was very professional. Much better than the salesman that was helping me at the other Valley dealer.
  • frish75frish75 Member Posts: 2
    actually, capital one called it a "blank check (registered trademark)". i don't know whether this was a draft or check, and i don't really care. all i (and most people i know) care about is HONESTY. if you don't take the check- say so and don't go back on it. as someone who sells cars, i would hope you would do the following- "i won't take a capital one check, but i will match the financing rate they offered you". this is the reputable approach. CONICELLI Honda was not reputable- they said they won't take it and could only give me a higher rate, a day later said they would take capital one after i pressed, and a day later offered a better rate through honda financing. CONICELLI honda was just screwing with me to try to get me to pay a higher rate- and behavior like this reflects poorly on car salesmen.

the reason i purchased the car from them was because i drove home with the car before paying them anything (it felt wrong, but i didn't speak up). i now know this was a HUGE mistake, as it eliminated my bargaining position to cancel the deal without major penalty. the dealers, i presume, knew this well, which explains why they did everything possible to get me to drive home in the car (including allowing me to drive the new car home without paying a cent and come back in a few days with down payment and sign financing).

this was my first car buying experience- i am now "seasoned" and will be wiser next time. next time i will get the best rate (from a local bank that will match the lowest internet rate- that's a good suggestion- i thought my local banks would laugh at me if i tried that since their published new car rates were 1.5-2.5% higher than internet bank rates) and have financing arranged by the time i walk into the dealer (i thought i did THIS time). i won't let the dealer push me into the car until i am ready. this behavior is contrary to my trusting, accomodating nature, but as they say "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".
    It sounds like you had a pretty bad experience frish75.

Over on Consumer Reports, they have a new car buying guide document which tells you things to look out for. Some things to know before you walk in - what the best financing is you can get from outside the lot. What the invoice price for the car you are interested in is (Nominally, what the dealer pays the manufacturer for the car), any incentives the dealer gets. EG: Thye might get a certain amount back if the move the car off the lot quickly. I am sure there is probably something like that on this site too. If you are happy with the financing you are getting outside, just say you are paying cash, adn work on the price so they don't try and distract you with how much you want to pay per week. Once you get the price where you want, then you might want to see if they will match or better your financing offer.

I got my best rate from my credit card using their balance transfer offer. You have to be super careful with that though as the conditions are unforgiving. If you miss a payment for instance, they can hike up the rate, also you have to make sure the card has no credit. I got stuck with a small residual finance charge which is accumulating slowly at the higher rate of interest.
    phisher: Nevermind.
    TB
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I know we have to be careful when a customer says they are "paying cash". I will ask them, "will you be writing a personal check?"

If they say.." Uh, well...I have a check from an internst lender", I'll ask to see it. If it's an actual CHECK, no problem but if it's a DRAFT, we won't take it.

We can almost always match or beat the Capital One rates and most of our customers would rather deal with a local bank.
    Well I paid with a cashiers check from my local bank. The funds were deposited there by the credit card.

PS: I was in and out of the finance office at the dealer in less than 10 minutes.
  • kukla56kukla56 Member Posts: 6
    We got a $22,800 OTD price for a 2006-CRV EX 2WD. We are in the Atlanta area, so this includes our 7% sales tax. Should we go for it? It also includes some pinstriping, floor mats, and other "options" (do all the dealerships include this?). We would appreciate some advice. Thanks!
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "We got a $22,800 OTD price for a 2006-CRV EX 2WD. "

There is something wrong here; all EX are RT4WD, not 2WD. Only the LX model comes in 2WD...
  • crewdog5crewdog5 Member Posts: 13
    I taked the dealer down to $22185 (includes everything but tax and tag) for a 2006 CRV EX. Should I keep haggling or is this a good price?