Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bigsun111bigsun111 Member Posts: 9
    You might want check with Brewster Honda in NY. I just purchased a LX AWD from them with the price of 19,500(including destination+50doc+TTL). They have a very good service.
  • ericseolericseol Member Posts: 3
    I am in Fremont, California.
  • chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    Looking to purchase this car-or lease- if there is a good deal. Please let me know of prices paid in June, and the dealer. Thanks so much
  • xyz179xyz179 Member Posts: 1
    Your 19,500 price include TTL? so the sell price around $18,000? that is almost $2000 below invoice. fantastic deal!
  • bigsun111bigsun111 Member Posts: 9
    It does NOT including TTL. I got the car around $1000 under invoice.
  • mickie2mickie2 Member Posts: 3
    I am new to this. I am outside Pittsburgh PA and I would like to know if a price I am quoted from a Honda dealer is too high.Honda CRV 4WD LX. No extras. 21,400 without tax. I just received a message from him that he might give me a little better deal. What should I expect when I return his call? Does anyone know of a dealer anywhere within 50 or so miles around Pgh. that I could get a better deal?
    Mickie
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Might want to look at message 3112.
  • joetrjoetr Member Posts: 10
    Currently doing some early internet negotiations for an 06 CRV-SE with a couple of dealers. Told one I was waiting to see if the $750 dealer incentive would be coming back in July. She responded that she wasn't sure but she did hear that there will be special financing offers out sometime around the end of the month. Could be dealer BS but thought it was worth mentioning.
  • wpzwpz Member Posts: 4
    I'll be in the Riverside, CA next week and will look around to buy a CR-V car. Anyone has a suggestion about the car dealer in the area? The purchase experience is appreciated. Thanks.
  • phisherphisher Member Posts: 175
    With all the talk of the 07 being seen in BC my guess once the photo is out there will be more than just financing deals and cash back will return. The person that saw it seemed to be enamored by it and said it looks alot better than the pics posted. If thats true Honda will have to do something to move them and the current gas prices aren't helping. Even though the CRV gets one of the best MPG of small SUV's ;)
  • mokiavellimokiavelli Member Posts: 60
    I would check out both Weir Canyon and Hardin Honda. They both will most likely match your best prices.
  • peakrunnerpeakrunner Member Posts: 6
    All negotiating completed online before prior to going to dealership. MSRP -$24,300 ---- Internet special price $22,752.50 at Steve Bailey Honda

Asked online if that $22,752.50 price included the (Current then) $750 Manufacturer rebate.

Haggled briefly online over the (included) documentation fee.

Final out the door price $22.092.

Seemed a reasonable price - They had the color Sand we wanted in stock - we picked it up that afternoon- spent probably less than 1 hour at dealership. All in all, very satisfying experience. :)

Took a weeks vacation to S. Central Colorado after about a week of local driving. Stayed in an area above 10,000 feet, and the little horse performed very well. Averaged 26-27 mpg.
  • magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    Sounds high IMO. Here's what a local dealer in SE PA is quoting:

CRV EX 4WD AT - $21,305
    CRV SE 4WD AT - $22,980

You can buy an EX for the price of your LX quote.
  • singlemompricesinglemomprice Member Posts: 6
    looking for best price!... (will consider manual stick shift) help me get best price on 2006!!! should I wait for 2007 I hate that tire thing in back or should I just get hyundai tucson instead?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    One note.. I think the SE model only comes with an automatic.. You have to drop down to an EX model to get a stick-shift...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

got a quote valley honda yesterday (in aurora IL) for 22950 and they knew I wanted manul...mother of two son to be drivers and am thinking stick shift will not let them drive drunk since thay are only ones knowing how to drive it! thanks any comments?
    sorry about lack of spell-check! my parents rolling in their graves!!!
    First I think the host is right.No stick shift on SE.The stick shift is a good idea. We had both our children learn to drive with a stick shift.When my son turned 16 he wanted to take the driving test right away on our automatic. But we said he had to master the shift and by that time MAYBE he could take the test.Best thing we could have done. At his first job after school he was the youngest employee. They had a yard where trucks made deliveries. There was a truck blocking an area. The boss wanted it moved. All these 20 something year olds just looked at each other. They didn't know how to drive a shift. My son the 16 year old did. He came home that day soo proud. When he came home he said NOW... I know why you made me take the time to really learn to drive. Get an EX it has a shift. It will not solve all your problems with teenagers, But it helps.
    Mickie
    Yesterday I got a dealer to come down to 21,900 without tax or plates for a CRV 4WD EX. Is that good? Are there any rebates or interest deals out there now? I want to buy this week. Someone said they know someone who bought an EX for 21,300. But was that recently? I live in Pittsburgh. Also can my dealer get a color I want from another dealer or is there a charge? Lots of questions, I know. But, you guys know everything.
    Mick
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil Member Posts: 16
    I paid 23,100 for a 2006 SE earlier this month. For $1,200 bucks I got a heck of a lot more equipment than comes on a EX & have the 5-speed auto as well + leather, heated seats/mirrors. For resale and overall comfort, I'd spend the extra money and bump it up to the SE if you are planning on spending $21,900.
    IMO, $21,900 isn't a bad deal for an EX 4WD AT. I live in Lancaster, PA which was where the local dealer is quoting $21,300 for the same vehicle.

Generally, there isn't a charge for dealer trades unless it's a long distance swap. What color are you looking for?
    The EX also has the 5 speed auto (as do all CRV's). The SE gets the body colored bumpers/moldings and the heated leather. That's about it.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    IMO Grand Honda in Elmhurst has the best prices in Chicagoland. They advertise daily in the papers and they honor their prices---no bait and switch. You can use their price to get a better one from your dealer of choice or buy from them.

Currently EX ATs go for under $21K and SEs are 22K and change.
  • yinzer1yinzer1 Member Posts: 13
    Mickie, that price looks great to me. I'm currently shopping in the burgh for a cr-v ex. What dealer did you get that price from? Many thanks. Just out of curiosity did you compare it to the rav4 - if so, your thoughts?
  • greggpgreggp Member Posts: 2
    None of the local dealers will play ball with the prices people are quoting here ($22k max) for a 4WD EX. They all start at $23k and won't budge. Any ideas on what I can do? I'd buy from another dealer if they could deliver the car locally...
    thanks I'll swing by there tonight and what's their OUT THE DOOR PRICE for an EX?? what's an AT? thanks
  • radiojefradiojef Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm currently shopping for an EX AWD AT in STL and I'm getting a quoted price of $21,892 w/o tax or title. Is that decent? The highest dealer cash incentive I've been offered is $500 (only good until July 5). Thanks. This forum really helps!!!
  • farleykfarleyk Member Posts: 6
    You should read the other posts. The going rate tends to be approx. $1000 under invoice. You are falling short of this mark.
    By the way the dealer is not giving you a $500 cash incentive. He is just giving you $500-$600 below invoice. Clearly you could do better and there is no reason why that would change after July 5th.
  • phisherphisher Member Posts: 175
    Stop in and let the dealer know your ready to buy NOW if the price is right. Let them know what price you want it for and stand firm on that price. If you bump up your offer once they will think you'll do it again. If they won't budge thank them for there time and walk out. If the price is realistic for the market they won't let you get to your car. If they let you walk go on to the next dealership and try for that price.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I paid 23,100 for a 2006 SE earlier this month. For $1,200 bucks I got a heck of a lot more equipment than comes on a EX & have the 5-speed auto as well + leather, heated seats/mirrors. For resale and overall comfort, I'd spend the extra money and bump it up to the SE if you are planning on spending $21,900.

The difference between SE and EX are Pleather seats, painted bumpers, and color matched tire cover. I like the painted bumpers, but don't like the tire cover. And pleather is not worth more than $500.

All CR-Vs come with 5 spd, whether auto or manual, and auto is a negative to some people (me). So, no stick, pleather seats and $1200 more? Thanks, but no thanks. :)
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    AT = Automatic transmission.

I don't deal in OTD prices as every case will be different. I can tell you all they add is a doc fee.
  • yinzer1yinzer1 Member Posts: 13
    I have used honda's dealer quote function from the website and submitted requests to all the dealers within 90 miles of pittsburgh. The best price that i got from a couple dealers was

$21,700 for an EX AUTO.

They say that the $750 dealer cash is ending july 5th. This will probably be used to correct inventory overages - if they are high come the middle of july i would assume they would up the ante with financing. But inventories get low prices actually might rise a little. Whats everybody thing?
  • ppk9ppk9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All
    I paid $21264 OTD for 2006 Silver Moss Metallic LX 4WD AT in MA.
    What do you think?
  • hello24hello24 Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy very soon CRV-EX 2WD, Color: Silver Moss mettalic. In Houston one dealer quoted me Drive out price with 1. Pin stripes 2. Wheel locks 3. Mileage < 15 for $21.K.

I got an email quote...Is that ok price? Thanks for the feedback.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That sounds like a very good out the door price. What dealership in Houston?
  • greggpgreggp Member Posts: 2
    What's the current best financing rate for a 60 month loan?
  • vtec369vtec369 Member Posts: 8
    Long time follower of this group. I finally got a CR-V EX 4WD in Silver Moss Metallic for 20,992 (before TTL) at Schaumburg Honda in the Chicago area. I want to thank you all for the informative posts on this board, I knew exactly what I wanted and how much I would pay for it having read the posts from the past few months and doing a little bit of research. Thanks again...
    My credit union gave me a base rate of 5.49 for 60 the beginning of June. After the deductions for direct deposit, getting the warranty through them and getting a visa from them I'll never use - got it down to 4.49% Better than banks - find a credit union if you want a good rate.
    what was TOTAL cost out the door? looking in Naperville for used SE or EX AWD and want to see if I should just do new vs pre-owned- certifed instead ....any comments everyone? thanks in advance
    TOTAL cost out the door was 22934, but that included the 20,992 + foglamps + mudflaps + wheel locks + cargo tray. I shopped around lots (about 6-7 dealers in the Chicagoland area) and this was the best price I could find. A few of the dealerships were running out of the Silver Moss color we were interested in, so we felt like we have to move quick instead of waiting for the July 4th weekend. You might get a better deal if you wait till then, but keep in mind that Honda has only advertised the $750 rebate till July 5th.
  • thejerseydevilthejerseydevil Member Posts: 7
    My preferences of Black (due to non-painted bumpers) and manual transmission limited my negotiations somewhat but I'm still very happy. Apparently there were only 5 of these remaining in the state and only one within 2.5 hours.

I paid $21,000 + registration + 3% NC tax in Raleigh = $21,692 OTD.

Thanks to all!
  • thejerseydevilthejerseydevil Member Posts: 7
    I hope you wanted all those options cause the dealer surely profited there.
    I got the cargo-tray, mudflaps and wheellocks for $167 and the foglamps for ~$275. I don't think I paid too much. Since I got them when I bought the CR-V, they are covered under the 3yr/36K mile warranty. We pay 7% tax in Chicago though..
  • badgerlandbsbadgerlandbs Member Posts: 1
    What are the chances of Honda offering a low APR (2.9% or the like ) on remaining 2006 CR-Vs with the new 2007 CR-V coming out this fall? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    JerseyDevil,
    Was this at Leith on Capital Blvd?
  • bullfrog34bullfrog34 Member Posts: 20
    I was given an initial internet offer of $23,975 + tax & tags on an SE in the Pittsburgh area. I was pretty excited as their first offer was below invoice. Is this a good deal? Can I get them lower? Are we expecting to see some incentives soon on the 2006 models in anticipation of the 2007's?
    One month ago today I paid $23,100 for the same vehicle in Fort Lauderdale. You can get a better deal for sure. Based upon what I've seen of the 2007s, demand for the remaining 2006s will be pretty strong...
  • wpzwpz Member Posts: 4
    mokiavelli, thank you very much for the suggestion. I bought a LX car and the whole process is relatively smooth.
    First, I called the Weir Canyon before I leave and they oked with $19,200 for a LX 4WD and $21,000 for EX 4WD and told me they have both cars with the colors I like. Next day I went there and it takes a while for them to find out that they had no LX model. A manager showed me the invoice price etc. and told me they can not pay that price. I told him that I called yesterday and the price was confirmed specifically for 4wd not 2wd before I came (They gave me a 2wd car to test drive and I had feeling they would tell me they were confused and quote me a 2wd). The manager said he'll check and a few minutes later he came back and said that I got the deal. Then he arranged to get a LX car from other dealer. I was been told the car will be here tomorrow morning. Since I did not want to come back tomorrow, I asked the option to buy an EX car that they have. The manager left to check the price and came back with a price around $21,300 and said that is the lowest price they can offer. Since their EXs sticked with 9/05 and 10/05 manufacture dates, I focused back to the LX car. they charged me extra $159 for mud guard and wheel lock since the car already had them on. I agreed and signed the contract. Next day the car arrived by 5pm and we test drived. I asked the wheel lock and the sales person said he'll go thru with us everything after we paid. So we paid and he went thru everything without mention the wheel lock. When I asked, he said his manager was confused by LX and EX model, the wheel lock is an option for EX but not LX. Anyone knows whether LX can have wheel lock? This last part ruined my good experience with them. I could argue with them since I have the offer on paper listed
    LX 4WD $19,200
    Mud Guard & lock $159.
    I did not argue since it was late and the price is quite low. but I will not give all 5 (excellent) as the sales person asked me to give the feedback when I'll be surveyed on their service.
    I am still happy that I bought the car. The manufacture date is 5/06 with 64 miles before test drived.

Thanks everyone who shared the experience on this forum. Hope my experience can be helpful.
  • uconnhuskiesuconnhuskies Member Posts: 4
    >I was given an initial internet offer of $23,975 + tax & tags

By reading messages in this group and my own experiece, the right price is about $23,000 or $1000 under invoice. You have about $900 work to do.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    JerseyDevil,

You've posted some conflicting info. Did you buy 2 cars in to different states, or not do one of these deals?

Post 3201 says you paid 21,000 plus tax in Raleigh, AWD-EX.

Post 3207 says you paid 23,100 in Fort Lauderdale, AWD-SE.

Which dealer in Raleigh, if you bought in Raleigh?