Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coda72coda72 Member Posts: 13
    I picked up a CR-V last night, and the experience was relatively painless. It's been 7 years since I've had a new car, so I'm not sure what to expect as far as what's included. I didn't see an owner's manual. I have a quick start guide, the tire warranty info, lemon law info, and service interval info, but no real owner's manual. Does the CR-V come with an owner's manual?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Yes... it comes with a typically thick owner's manual..

Tell your dealer that you didn't get one..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ok, thank you. I will let the dealer know.

More about my buying experience, as I said it wasn't too bad. Not too much game playing since I got the price for the CR-V before I went in by asking for a quote via email. I paid 20,900 for it plus tax and tags. It's a 2006 EX with a manual transmission. I probably could have gotten even a better deal for it since they really want to get rid of the old models, but I'm not the best negotiator in the world, and I'm happy with the price I paid. I got it at Mainline Honda just outside of Philadelphia. If anyone wants to buy a Honda, I would recommend them.
    Nice... you got a stick.. I'm jealous..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Nice... you got a stick.. I'm jealous.."

I think the Honda releases said that the MT was only bought by 3% of the customers, and thus was impractical for continued production.
    Yeah.... maybe... It is sort of a self-perpetuating prophecy.... You can't sell what you don't have on the lots...

That said... I've got an automatic now... so, what do I know? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    When we did have them, they didn't sell.

I don't blame Honda for pulling the plug on CRV sticks.
    Aw...come on.. I bet you sold every one you had...

You don't have any '06 manual CR-Vs still on the lot, do you? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    We do. Two or three maybe.

And, yes, we sold every one we had but we sure didn't order very many. Sticks do have (a very few)fans but not many.
  • strpywstrpyw Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday I bought the first 2007 CRV off the lot of Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose.
    There are about of them there.
    10 are LX two wheel drive.
    One is EX two wheel drive, with additonal dealer installed rack, step, guard etc.
    Last one is EX 4 wheel drive.
    I got the 4 wheeler at MSRP, despite there is a dealer's mark up on the sticker, I was able to avoid that with little resistance because i bought a 2007 accord from the same place 2 weeks ago.
  • jsdtxjsdtx Member Posts: 11
    1. No power driver seat adjustment on either model is a determinative factor for me who has two short women in the family who would use the car aside from myself.
    2. LX steel wheels are very ugly approximating metal army helmets.
    3. Price difference between LX and EX-l is too large. $4500

Back to the RAV 4 for me. :cry:
  • chazzumchazzum Member Posts: 13
    MSRP + additional dealer markup...I love it, NOT! I hate when dealers try to gouge on a new model. MSRP is already includes plenty of profit without adding additional markup. I'm glad I got an '06 at $3k off MSRP.
    I have to admit I'm glad I got a 2006. The manual transmissions was still offered, plus I got almost $3000 off the MSRP like chazzum. I wouldn't pay $25,000 for the new CR-V, to me it's not worth it. I bought the CR-V for the good deal it was as a 2006. To me the 2007 isn't improved enough to pay $4000 more for it. Obviously a lot of people disagree with me but I'm happy with my 2006, and it will probably still have great resale value.
  • banjolaya1banjolaya1 Member Posts: 88
    Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.
    I have been looking for a new car for over a month now. My final choice is 2007 CR-V EX-L. However, I don't even want to talk in MSRP terms. I am not paying MSRP much less MSRP+dealer markup. The difference between buying now and buying in two-three months could be thousands. I don't have to have the first model on the block. But let me tell you this. There was a post a couple of days ago where somebody said a car salesman told him it's MSRP+markup and there is no other way. CR-V at invoice? Maybe in 6-8 months.
    Well, I would like to tell that salesman, call me in December when the people are buying Christmas presents and it is very cold and dark on the lot. I have $26000 in my pocket but they are not burning a hole. I can wait. It is interesting to me a couple of people asked me whether I pre-ordered CR-V prior to 28th. Pre-order WHAT? WHY? There will be a plenty of them to go around. If they are a hot selling item - Honda will make more of them so there will be some of them always out there to buy. If they are not on fire - they'll still be on the lot. So, why pre-order? Just so you can have it the first day and get *taken*? MSRP+Dealer Markup? How arrogant is that? Can you imagine going to a store and asking for a loaf of bread and they tell you - that's a hot selling item (literally) so we charge this much + markup! What would you say to that?
    Anyway. At least strpyw got them to remove that insult called Dealer Markup from the price. :mad:
    Good job strpyw!
    My gut tells me the '07 won't be in ample supply until sometime next year...maybe April-May. Look at the fit. That's been 'available' since April of this year yet try and find one on a dealer's lot let alone haggle on the price.
  • ralph9ralph9 Member Posts: 88
    What tires are on the 2007? Any difference between the LX and EX vehicles?
  • balaautobalaauto Member Posts: 2
    We love the new styling. The old box styling with a rear door mounted spare tire is so 80s. The internal styling is also great, MP3/WMA player is standard. Safety features - Electronic Stability Control is standard on the CRV(Called VSA on Honda cars).

We bought an LX 2WD 07 CRV for 20K + TTL in Dallas today.
    - knocked off destination & 600 from the MSRP.
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    Electronic Stability Control is standard on the 2005 and 06 also why 2wd for a small amount more AWD ........m
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil Member Posts: 16
    If you were well over 6 foot tall, you'd like a swinging door in lieu of the overhead one. I nailed my head on the wife's last three vehicles with a lift tailgate. Haven't done so yet on the 06 SE. The only thing I miss from her last car was the power liftgate to open and close it, which the V does not offer anyhow. Enjoy the new V.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Well, you live in Vermont, things are diff there. I am not saying this just for spite , but 2002 SI, is not good looking....a hatchback went bad, it probably sat on the tarmac a longggg time. I'm not going to defend S40, it doesn't need defending. BTW my CRV has 16 inch wheels and your doesn't. That's worth 4 grand to me. There's a great state out in here in the west called Nevada, you might like it.

I actually live in Buffalo, NY.

The 2002 Si was probably the best Honda hatchback ever, too bad Americans are too narrow minded.

My CR-V has 16 inch rims as well, but mine also has... (sorry for the pic size, not sure how to resize in this limited HTML code)

-- Variable intermittent wipers

-- Reverse Indiglo gauges

-- JDM fog lights

-- air horns

-- Self dimming mirror

-- Homelink controller

-- and most importantly, my CR-V comes with Shift your own gears box (MANUAL)
  • mrrk47mrrk47 Member Posts: 104
    Wow, I thought you rattled me. I really like the airhorns. If I'm gonna top you I'll have to add a Knight Rider turbo booster like KITT's
  • sgrigorysgrigory Member Posts: 17
    I'm shopping for a 2007 EX-L 4x4. For a silver exterior and black interior they will sell it for MSRP.

This is in the Seattle area.

What are you guys getting?
  • bsparksbsparks Member Posts: 22
    I'm in DC and around here you can get MSRP, too. So far I have only seen a few posts saying they beat MSRP. Chances are if you don't want to wait you are not going to beat that significantly.

If you Google 2007 cr-v you will get links to a few internet sites that will get you multiple quotes in your area. That will be a reasonable test if it is the best you can get today. ;)
  • dawnkiciadawnkicia Member Posts: 5
    Got an offer for CRV- EXL 2007 for $23850. Just want to get your feedback if it is a good offer.

Thanks
  • yapper11yapper11 Member Posts: 1
    That is an awesome price! I live in Northern, VA, and the lowest quote I received for EX-L is $25,990.

Where did you buy your CR-V?

Thanks.
  • mariewoemariewoe Member Posts: 6
    That sounds very good to me too. Lowest quote I have gotten so far for the EX-L is MSRP ($26,595) in the St. Louis area. I guess I better keep looking.
  • steelvictorsteelvictor Member Posts: 2
    A dealer on Route 50 and Annandale Road told me that dealers around northern VA area priced the EX-L (w/o the navigation system and rear view camera) at MSRP plus $1,000 minimum. This dealer is willing to work a price close to the MSRP. I think this is a case of patience will prevail. ;)
  • dawnkiciadawnkicia Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the feedback. I dont have it yet but the Manager I spoke with promised me the deal is good until tomorrow.

I'll have to see what kind of financing they have to offer. Does anybody have any advise or suggestions? Don't want to buy it cash as I am anticipating some expenses.

Thanks.
  • steelvictorsteelvictor Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, I haven't start my research on financing. I know of people who got good deal from the dealer. But in most cases, credit union or on-line banking (such as NetBank) usually offers more attractive terms. Do your homework first -- you should walk into the dealer with some ideas what's offering out there so you can compare. Otherwise, you are at their mercy.
    I'm shopping for a 2007 EX-L 4x4. For a silver exterior and black interior they will sell it for MSRP.

This is in the Seattle area.

What are you guys getting?

If you want to be the one with the newest and the latest you have to pay for it. Usually dealers will charge whatever someone is willing to pay. So, if there are people willing to pay MSRP, that is what the dealers will charge. If there is someone willing to pay MSRP+++ that is what dealers will charge. Simple demand supply issue. They have something you want and they know there are 10 more people who want the same. Some of those 10 are willing to pay more than what you are willing to pay. Why should they sell it to you for less than the next guy is willing to pay. If you want a Gen 3 CR-V at a discount, come back in 2008, after the market has cooled down, or in 2010 when the Gen 4 is scheduled to come out.
    Until Edmunds posts the invoice price, you could make a swag (sophisticated will [non-permissible content removed] guess) by using the following calculation: take the base price before destination charge from the Honda site and multiply by .9243, add back the destination charge and you'll habve your invoice swag. It will give you some idea how much the dealer is adding for advertising, inventory costs etc. The host can probably tell us when Edmunds will post the invoice figure which may be a tad more accurate. Take care, Ralph
    The bochhonda site lists dealer cost info which indicates that a factor multiplier of .90 would be more accurate. Another participant referenced that site and I have never before seen a dealer site which lists dealer cost figures that seem to be uninflated.
    Here is why they should sell it to me for less than the next guy is willing to pay:
    Let's say we have 2 dealers just a block away from each other and each one of them has 10 CR-V's in stock. Let's say CR-V's are going at MSRP and there are other people willing to pay for it. Let's say the dealer stands to make $3000 if they sell it at MSRP or only $1000 if they sell it at invoice to me.
    At the end of the week, dealer 1 (willing to sell it to me at invoice) sold (9) at MSRP and (1) at invoice to me. He makes 9 x $3000 + 1 x $1000 = $28000.
    Dealer 2 sold only (9) CR-V's because I didn't go there but to dealer 1. He made 9 x $3000 - $27000.
    Clear?
    Let's say dealer both dealers sell all CR-V's 10 at MSRP that week. When the time comes to order the next shippment, dealer (willing to sell at invoice) orders 11 (one for me, MSRP) for the rest. He still makes more than the dealer 2.
    This way or another the dealer makes money, MSRP or invoice. And if they don't see that - I can wait...
    I guess I have to ask... What makes you special? ;)

Both dealers can probably sell all of the CR-Vs that Honda sends them at MSRP... I think it is probably a good thing that you can wait.. At some point, you will get your price..

The question is... When will that be? :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

We love the new styling. The old box styling with a rear door mounted spare tire is so 80s. The internal styling is also great, MP3/WMA player is standard. Safety features - Electronic Stability Control is standard on the CRV(Called VSA on Honda cars).

We bought an LX 2WD 07 CRV for 20K + TTL in Dallas today.
    - knocked off destination & 600 from the MSRP.

Of course your like your 2007 --you just purchased one. I doubt you would have purchased it you didn't like it. We all go though a process of positive reinforcement after we purchase a new car. We like to feel we made the right decision.

You should know that VSA was standard on the 2006 CR-V so this is nothing new.

As for the hanging spare being "so 80s". Keep in mind the Gen2 CRV is a product of the 21st century so it's actually so '2001'. In any case, the hanging spare dates back much further than the 80s: the Model T Ford had a hanging spare. I guess we all like what we like 'c'est la vie'. Me, I look at it as being a positive not a negative.

The new V is far too feminine for my tastes. Its got 'soccer Mom' written all over it. I'm sure it'll be wildly successful. Me, I like the boxier styling of the Gen2...hanging spare and all. If I had to choose between a Gen3 CR-V and other vehicles I'd rather get a Toyota FJ, Rav 4 or Honda Element..with the FJ being my first choice.
  • dan bitmandan bitman Member Posts: 158
    did you install the intermittent wiper switch?
    All CRV's does not have intermitent wiper, just the odd 3 speeds selector.
    I would like to have one too on my 2006 LX CRV.
    Could you please advise?
    Thanks
    Dan
    What makes ME special? Did I say that? Well, my mommy has always said I was special...
    You know, I was just thinking loud. I like to debate. If they can sell both all CR-V's at MSRP, dealer 1 would sell all of them + 1! And he would still make more money.
    Anyway. I do have another question for you. Tonight, I was driving by the dealership and I saw 6-7 CR-V's on the lot again. If they are such a hot selling item, why are they still on the lot? Did you ever get up Monday after Thanksgiving to get a hottest advertised item from CompUSA or Office Max? What did you see in front of the store 6 in the morning? A *very, very* long line of people. And if you got there by 8 am, what happened? Your item is long gone! Right? So what are all those CR-V's doing on that lot?
    Oh, I remembered why I am special. Because I don't HAVE TO buy a CR-V! I mean, I'd love to, I like the car, but I don't have to. I see myself in RAV4 just as easily and if the price doesn't come down soon, you'll see me in one too. I just refuse to pay MSRP! :D
    "Tonight, I was driving by the dealership and I saw 6-7 CR-V's on the lot again. If they are such a hot selling item, why are they still on the lot?"

Maybe they aren't such a hot selling item.. At least you now have some local information about the supply...

My only point was: If they are selling 9 units at MSRP, they aren't going to sell the 10th one to you for $2K less... Unless your mommy is the car dealer, her opinion won't count.. ;)

My own opinion is that the MSRP deals won't hold out for long on this car... discounting will probably start within a couple of months... But, I'm not the dealer, either.. so, I could be mistaken...

You are correct... Since you don't HAVE to buy a CR-V, you are special... at least you won't overpay for your next car.. :)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• trejorjtrejorj Member Posts: 1
    Just bought this for $20,300 including destination (Conicelli Honda outside of Philadelphia). I really wanted the 5-speed and there are a few left on dealer lots. Every one of the six dealers I spoke with was willing to quote under invoice so GO GET 'EM! There are quite a few automatics left out there, too! :)
    I've found the information in carbuyingtips.com to be helpful when considering the purchase or lease of an automobile. There are 40 2007 CR-V's listed in the new inventory sections of three dealers in the Front Range area of Colorado, so I would counsel potential purchasers to be patient and to get as many bids as possible. The difference between invoice (dealer cost) and MSRP is about $2200 for the 4wd LX and $2600 on the 4wd EX-L, so there appears to be a lot of bargaining room for you as the purchaser. Some of your bidding dealers will charge admin fees or dealer prep charges (air in tires and oil in engine lol) which also needs to be taken into account. Good luck.
    did you install the intermittent wiper switch?
    All CRV's does not have intermitent wiper, just the odd 3 speeds selector.
    I would like to have one too on my 2006 LX CRV.
    Could you please advise?
    Thanks
    Dan

Yes, I installed that myself with the help of a fellow CR-Ver, K24RD6 from the other site. The car is already equipped with electronics to make it work. It just needs a potentiometer installed between certain pins on the the back of the fuse box. I used an Acura RSX wiper stalk, which has the potentiometer ring in it already, and is a direct replacement for the CR-V stalk (there are many parts that are interchangeable among all the cars built off the Civic platform).

You can find the other site by googling Honda SUV.
    As for the hanging spare being "so 80s". Keep in mind the Gen2 CRV is a product of the 21st century so it's actually so '2001'. In any case, the hanging spare dates back much further than the 80s: the Model T Ford had a hanging spare. I guess we all like what we like 'c'est la vie'. Me, I look at it as being a positive not a negative.

I happen to like the spare on the ooutside. Let's approach this Murphy's law scenario. You are going on vacation or what not with the cargo bay loaded with all the luggage and what not. All over sudden you have a flat. If your spare is under the rear cargo floor, you have to take all your luggage out. Lay it down on the side of the road, which is not so nice when it is pouring cats and dogs. While you replace the tires, all your vacation clothes get wet from the rain and muddy from the wet road surface.

Meanwhile, I have the spare outside. I get the old tire off, put the new one on, and my luggage never has to leave the cargo bay.

Some have spare under the rear cargo floor on the outside. Once again, it is raining and you pull off to the side of the road, crawl in the mud to get to the tire, and then you have to bench press the busted, dirty, wet tire back into the holder.

Good luck.

I follow function over form.
    Just bought this for $20,300 including destination (Conicelli Honda outside of Philadelphia). I really wanted the 5-speed and there are a few left on dealer lots. Every one of the six dealers I spoke with was willing to quote under invoice so GO GET 'EM! There are quite a few automatics left out there, too!

Great deal!!!

Now that you are the proud owner of the most powerful CR-V ever. Join us in Mystic CT for a Honda SUV meet next Saturday, and Sunday.
  • sky23213sky23213 Member Posts: 300
    ... and it is a FULL SIZE spare tire!
    If your tools are under the load floor, you'll still have to unload your car... Ask me how I know... :surprise:

I like full-size spares.. But, I can live with a donut.. I think the set-up of the new model is superior overall, but they really should have kept the separately opening rear window... that is a really handy feature for dumping stuff in the back, and for long items (lawnmower handle comes to mind... I can carry mine without even dropping the back seat).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    It's width is smaller and it has a steel wheel.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "If your tools are under the load floor, you'll still have to unload your car... Ask me how I know... "

Huh? There is a perfectly good space on the right side of the Gen 2 for the tools... at least there was on my 2003.
    My jack is over there, but the tools are stowed in the cubby under the picnic table....

I just changed my first tire after four years, so not sure if thats where they were supposed to be, or not...

I had to unload a bunch of stuff to get to the cubby where the jack was, as well... but, if the tools had been there, not as much..

But, thats okay... it was only 100 F in Arkansas in July... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sceglascegla Member Posts: 20
    Hmmm, my tools are with the jack for the '05 SE (right side back hatch). And now, back to pricing. :)
  • cinammoncinammon Member Posts: 1
    Help! I'd like to buy the car this weekend but the best price I have been quoted here in SC is $20,736 not including TTL. IS this the best price I can get? I was told MSRP=21,850 but I found 21,200. Also, I found invoice was 18847 vs 20G from the dealer. Who is correct? Anyone else get any better prices? Need help ASAP as I'd like to buy the car this weekend if I can get a good price!