Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dmathew347dmathew347 Member Posts: 80
    Does anyone have recent prices paid for the EX FWD? Most of the recent prices paid on this board seem to be for the EXL or the AWD types. I want to purchase an EX FWD (no extra options) soon, and wanted to know some of the recent prices paid. Thanks for any input.
  • wandawomanwandawoman Member Posts: 4
    I got an LX 2wd for $1215 off MSRP in Western NY. I saw a post from someone else from Western NY in another CRV forum who got $1200 off the EX 2wd as well. Good luck!
  • bigpapibigpapi Member Posts: 10
    I just picked up my CRV EX AWD a few weeks ago from the Honda dealer in Everett, MA for $1400 under MSRP. It was a good deal, but I had a bad experience with the Boston area Honda dealerships in general.

I first visited Honda North and the salesman was less than mediocre. First, the CRV I reserved by credit card, was sold before I arrived (classic bait and switch). Then they wouldn't honor the quote that they sent me through an email because it was for instock models only (irony much?). They also had a coupon on their website honoring $400 in free accessories, but the salesman seemed annoyed that I mentioned it and explained that it was only good for instock models. I already had my mind made up at that point, but I asked them to match Everett's price and they just got really angry at me and tried to use every fear tactic ("You'll never get your car until April!") as I tried to walk out the door.

An hour later I made the deal I wanted with Everett. The salesman was excellent, but then a few days before the car arrived we had to meet with the business manager and it went downhill from there. The business manager just seemed shady and was trying to throw things into the deal without mentioning it to us. He said we were getting a AAA-type service with our car, but didn't mention how much it was. When I asked, he said "$400", so I said, we already had AAA and didn't want it. You really had to pay close attention because they were trying to pull fast ones on us.

Finally we picked up the car a few days later and the salesman asked us to give him perfect scores on the Honda corporate survey. We gave him perfect scores, but not to the business manager. We got a call later from the salesman who was ANGRY at US because we didn't give EVERYONE perfect scores, even though they didn't deserve it. I was dissappointed because he was very professional up until that point.

But I'm happy to have the CRV now. I took it down to Hartford last weekend and it drove great! I love the MP3 CD player.
  • crv4me1crv4me1 Member Posts: 7
    hi- don't know your location but I've been looking for this trim as well for weeks. in the (expensive) sf bay area, the best quote I've seen on this board was from someone who paid 22542 +tax/lic about a month or two ago. someone from chicago paid 22345 (not sure if dest was incl).

The best quote I've received so far for a basic ex fwd is 22600 +tax/lic. it's about the half way point between invoice and msrp 21846 & 23445 incl dest (difference is 1599).

I prefer the light blue or silver which are apparently the most popluar colors. it's a good looking silver but there are so many silver cars around! sometimes you can get tired of a color so not sure about the light blue -if color is a big deal to you.

good luck!
  • sword711sword711 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote from a local dealer:

Your price on the 2007 Honda CR-V LX 2wd is $19760 plus tax, lic and doc fees. I do have one still available. What color are you looking for? Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Is this a good deal right now? Anything I need to pay attention to? This will be my first time to buy a new car, also first time to buy from a dealer.

BTW: I'm in OR.
  • nearmspnearmsp Member Posts: 90
    Well your experience is very much the norm. Honda America does a very lousy job keep a tight leash on their dealerships. So much so that a dealership company that owns several brands (e.g., in my case both Toyota and Honda) have very superior behavior at the Toyota dealership and lousy behavior at the Honda dealership, which reinforces my belief that American Honda Sales needs to stop sleeping on the wheel.

I too had a similar experience - happy with the sales person but still mad at the Luther Hopkins Honda business office lady who was very aggressively trying to push her protection packages. I was mad at myself as to why I let her push me around. I should have told her curtly not to waste my time. I am keenly waiting to have my say during the survey from American Honda.

What sort of questions did they ask in the survey?
    I guess i should have mentioned my location. I was looking for recent prices paid for the EX FWD (no options) in the Washington D.C./Maryland/Virginia area. Any body ??
  • crv1buyercrv1buyer Member Posts: 1
    Don't bother buying a car from a dealer who thinks he has the last CRV Honda will make. I spent two days in Knoxville before I found Honda Morristown. These guys want to sell cars and will deal with you in a professional manner. NO BS, NO Games! I cannot recommend them highly enough. Paid under Sticker MSRP (NOT THAT DEALER TACK ON) for my new CRV EX-L W/ NAV and AWD. I understand that they will even pick you up at the Knoxville, TN Airport (KTYS) if you wish to Fly in and drive home!
    Does anyone have experience recently purchasing a CRV in the Washington DC metro area? Any good dealers to recommend?
  • chanhn_99chanhn_99 Member Posts: 5
    I'm from san diego and am looking to buy an EX-L like you have. I'm searching for prices via several dealership in town via email and the best price i got was 24,800 (fuller and Poway) + tax and fees. May I ask your buying price and at which dealer please? Your answer should save me lot of time to make my final decision on the offered price.

my email is: chanhn@lcsr.com

thank you
  • ourfirsthondaourfirsthonda Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 4WD EX-L Glacier Blue without Navigation about 10 days ago from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD. I paid
    $24,812.40 (includes $100 processing charge)
    $ 1,240.62 (5% sales tax)
    $ 210.00 (tax, tags)
    -------------
    $ 26,263.02 which also included wheel locks, splash guards, and cargo tray.
    I waited quite some time for the dealer to get the car but I was not in a great hurry, and the actual buying experience was pretty good.
  • tangoredtangored Member Posts: 8
    What you have you paid for this car OTD.Looking to get one very sooooon.Can't wait ;)
  • chrisp81chrisp81 Member Posts: 19
    artificial supply? they are built in japan!
    "What sort of questions did they ask in the survey? "

Here ya go........

Q1: Overall rating of purchase experience 5
    Q2: Salesperson's ability to understand needs 5
    Q3: Salesperson's knowledge of Honda/Acura products 5
    Q4: Overall satisfaction with salesperson 5
    Q5: Satisfaction with the business manager 5
    Q6: Time needed to complete paperwork 5
    Q7: Overall satisfaction with finance process 5
    Q8: Explanation of features and controls 5
    Q9: Vehicle free of problems Y
    Q10: Overall satisfaction with delivery 5
    Q11: Valued as a customer 5
    Q12: Contacted after delivery Y

:shades:
    Otd in what county? are you in chicago, suburban cook, or other?
    :confuse:
    Thats an invoice deal, I'd say its pretty strong considering supply issues. Just make sure the $595 destination is included & the crv is free of add ons. :shades:
  • denascardenascar Member Posts: 25
    Any new posts to OTD prices for a CRV in Florida?? I'm looking to buy before the end of the month. I'm getting real tired of being told just how hard these vehicles are to come by... I figure if they have them, they should sell them. I've offered $1000 below MRSP but willing to pay the administrative fees... sounds more than fair to me!
    too bad you're in florida. I'd write it up.
    Question, whats an administrative fee? We have doc/service here $58.48
    Administrative fees = dealer's fees
    I should have no DOC fees as I have a check in my hand from the credit union and I pay none... service fees have varied from one dealership to another.
  • abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    can you please send me dealer information for this.
  • pegwinkspegwinks Member Posts: 13
    See my message #4661. I now think that I could have done better. But . . . .
    The CR-V is currently built in seven different countries. For the U.S. market, the new model will be built at Honda's East Liberty, Ohio, plant, marking the first time the model has been assembled in North America.
  • hd2hd2 Member Posts: 15
    Where do you live in Florida. I Know somebody who works for a honda dealership.
    I live in Gainesville, FL
    OK, I guess I should have said SW Florida (fort myers and Naples). I am going to buy one soon from one of these dealerships. Just have to try to get them to lower the price or give me some deals.

If you are still interested, I can give you a name (from fort myer). This person has been good to me so far. I know they have a glacier blue ex-l available :) (this was told to me yesturday) this color is very popular and one the my wife wants.

Let me Know, if I can help.
    Let me know what your final OTD price is... the best I've gotten so far was $26,971 OTD, by email of course. I'd be willing to make the drive to save a few hundred dollars.
    I'm looking for the white CR-V EX-L with no dealer add ons. Plain and simple. :shades:
    No problem. You also helped me. I was quoted 27300 :( before add ons. I am going to meet to put a down payment on the CR-v tomorrow or Saturday. By Monday or Sunday, I WILL have a respone for you. :)
    its because working in a car dealership makes you goofy!

I've had my fair share of mistakes. If I were you I'd still want that $500.00 refund on a "we owe" statement.
    that could take until next year from what I have heard.
  • myblackzmyblackz Member Posts: 5
    I'm getting real tired of being told just how hard these vehicles are to come by... I figure if they have them, they should sell them.

While I haven't started the negotiating phase yet, this seems to be the consensus I'm hearing at every dealership I go to in Houston. I went to Clear Lake Honda and they had a few on their lot that they'd added a bunch of dealer crap on to to puff up the price by as much as $1500.

Goodson Honda In Houston had an EX-L on their lot that was MSRP'd up to $32,000 with dealer added crap.

The C-RV's are nice cars but $32,000? You'd have to be on crack to pay that much for one.

I don't care....I'm willing to wait till all the hype blows over about these cars until I can find that dealer that's willing to deal.
    damm 32,000 that is a lot. basic model for a ex-l is around 24,800 before tax, title, and dealer fee plus the destination fee which varies. I know the NAV system brings the price up to around 26,800 and thats before any options.

I saw a glacier blue fully loaded for 35,700.

Honda.com start there before you even negotiate. PLUS, you do not have to buy whats on the lot. You order it the way you want it, every dealership has to do this.
    geez! was that "the choppa edition?"
    :P
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Those prices are sick. I always wait toward the end of a model run to get the best price and,I think, a better built car. Just my .02.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I managed to bite my tongue when I read that. That poster thinks holdback is bottom line profit too.

Where they are built has nothing to do with anything.

" Artifical supply"??

What is that poster thinking? Does anybody else think a car company would restrict supply?

Honda could care less what we sell their cars for! They want us to buy as many as possible! We pay their full asking price too!

How anyone can think there is some kind of conspiracy is beyond me!
  • toyoownertoyoowner Member Posts: 3
    LOL, yes I know how you feel. I was die hard really wanting the new CRV and I had been negotiating prices and waiting for the last 6 months to get mine. I finally got so fed up and tired of it, and the hyped up prices for what you are getting... I went to Toyota and test drove.... I loved it!! 3.5 L V6 wow. The clincher was seeing Consumer Reports real life mpg on the CRV.. vs Toyota.

Well guess what! I am getting my new Toyota for $4200 under MSRP, ($1200 under invoice) and am picking it up at the dealership tomorrow! (they didn't have it in stock, but it only took a few days to get!) At such a great price, I could pay for the car outright with no financing.

Interestingly enough, there were some Honda dealers that gave me somewhat decent price, under MSRP, but always way over invoice. Of course, after agreeing to the price, they could never find the vehicle for me even after waiting months for it. What good is a decent quote if they cannot find the car?

For me, Toyota was definitely the way to go, and I'm glad things worked out the way they did, despite how frustrated I was with Honda before. Maybe things happen for a reason. :) I'll have fun passing people on the highways.

Good luck to everyone in your search, whether you get the CRV or not! Hope this post helps people in their decision.
    There's nothing else good about your new toyota than V6.I test drove one for a day,terrible.CRV is smooth Rav 4 drives like truck.Enjoy your toyota and go to tundrasolution.com
    There's nothing else good about your new toyota than V6.I test drove one for a day,terrible.CRV is smooth Rav 4 drives like truck.Enjoy your toyota and go to tundrasolution.com

I didn't get a RAV 4. I got a nicely loaded Sienna. *Very* quiet and smooth. It was what I wanted in the first place, just didn't think I could afford it. So I started looking at small CRV's instead. What a surprise.

And now, I've got power doors :) I rented a RAV 4 for the weekend. Both CRV and RAV 4 are noisy.

Have fun with your CRV - I know I'll have fun with my Sienna!
    lake county
    Wow...1200.00 UNDER invoice. I knew the Siennas had tanked but I didn't think it was that bad.

Cars sell for what the market dictates.

It sounds like you are happy and that's all that matters.

Enjoy!
    >>>>Wow...1200.00 UNDER invoice. I knew the Siennas had tanked but I didn't think it was that bad.

>>>>Cars sell for what the market dictates.

Yes I was shocked too. The 2007's just came out, and they are already offering $1250 cash back in some places of the country!

When I went to test drive, the dealership had an entire large parking lot - all full of brand new 2007 Siennas. They were all unlocked, and the salesman said go ahead, look and sit inside any of them. Play with the power doors and rear hatch, and the DVD players. When you find one you like, just tell me and we will test drive it.

The salespeople are practically falling over each other trying to make a deal with you. They have too much inventory, and as you said, 'cars sell for what the market dictates'.
  • pescaditopescadito Member Posts: 1
    Hi, wanted to know if I could improve the lease deal offered on this 2007 CRV EX 4WD. I'm in the Monterey Bay Area in California. MSRP is $24645, Invoice $23182. Money factor .00290. Monthly lease $350. Zero down. 36 months. 12000miles. I'm finishing my lease of a 2004 Civic LX and will be trading it in. (any clue of its residual?) Think I might be able to push it further? Dealer says he could use a money factor of .00280 but would need a security deposit. Thanks
    Sure, you can order the way you want it... beware of those hidden 'search' fees. When I pushed for answers I was told there IS a $500 fee to locate. They'll try to 'find' the car before ordering.

I also read that, yes, Honda is kicking up production of the CR-V's... so hold on, with more becoming available I hope to see more negotiation room. I absolutely refuse to pay sticker... never have, never will.
  • finbar_oharafinbar_ohara Member Posts: 29
    Hi... I have started the process of acquiring a 07 CRV-EX-L in Michigan and have visited a few dealers. The results have been mixed. Some dealers have pushed the short supply story stating that MSRP + is the norm and others have advertised sales where a CR-v EX recieves ~1200 off MSRP. One even offered me 1000 off MSRP plus assuming the 3 months left on my not so cheap lease. Waiting one or two more months will make a big difference in my opinion. As soon as Honda.com advertises a financing special on the Cr-v, it will be time to jump. The lots I visited are spilling over with Accords and Elements. The average number of CR-Vs on sitting around was between 6-10, so they are not as scarce they say... They are also bolting on the accessories to better their profits.

Does anyone know the kick back the dealer receives for:
    -Selling buyer on Honda financing?
    -Honda to dealer incentives?

Also, what is th mark up on accessories?

Thanks.
    I 'll never understand why our costs are important. The car is either a good value or it's not. Just like a restaurant meal or a pair of socks.

Don't look for special financing on CRV's. There would be no reason to do this given the supply.
  • cmkcmk Member Posts: 59
    isellhondas, or anyone else, I have a frank question.

I am interested in the CR-V. I would like to make an offer on the 2WD EX ($22,850 MSRP, $21,251 Invoice).

My question is, if the dealer and I negotiate a price, for example, 500 dollars less than MSRP, who takes the biggest brunt of that deal? Is it the salesman? I ask because he has always been helpful and nice and I actually knew him he was a salesman, so I want him to be satisfied with the deal. On the other hand, I don't want to blindly pay MSRP "just because". I want to pay the appropriate market value of the car. I'm just wondering if the salesman makes a percentage of the total sale price (if that were the case, then I could haggle them down pretty far and he wouldn't mind) or a chunk of the cost over invoice. If you can't say, that's fine. I basically just want everyone (including myself) to be satisfied.

Is 22,250 a good offer? Should I start with 22,000?
  • feefoefeefoe Member Posts: 36
    Get a quote from carsdirect.com, then call the number supplied to you buy Carsdirect and beat down the broker a little more. Next, call the dealer and give them an even lower number. If they act incredulous, explain to them that they need to beat Carsdirect's price or you have no reason to negotiate with them.
  • finbar_oharafinbar_ohara Member Posts: 29
    Why are costs important? As consumer, I want the best value for my money. That is why I am posting on this forum. Honda and its dealers are for profit and not charities, therefore, they seek to make as much $$ per unit while meeting volume projections. If there is ~1000.00 disparity between the best and worst deals out there, most intelligent people would rather pocket the savings then donate to Honda or the Dealer. That is why I carry my laptop into the dealship when I sign. I doubt that you would leave a thousand bucks on the table. If these autos where such a commidity as you suggest, then they would be sold w/o the valuable contribution that sales people bring to the process.

The deals will come... In my area, competition from the Edge and Escape are already starting to materialize. Not that they are a better value, but they do influence the supply factor. Cheers.
    Salespeople are usually paid a percentage of the PROFIT and not the total sale.

I have no idea what market conditions are in your area. 2WD models are slow sellers here. We don't stock very many.
    I just don't understand, that's all.

You are (in my opinion) making this too much of an ordeal.

What do you care what we paid for a set of foglights? If the price you are quoted sounds like a good value, buy them!

You can analyze this to death. You can type your fingers sore on your laptop. In the end, the MARKET will determine what cars sell for. The deal has to make sense.

Or, yeah, I suppose you could buy a Ford.
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    I agree with you. My time is very valuable. When I traded in my Subaru for the crv last month, I barely had time to stop in a the dealer on a saturday night and pick up the car on Monday.The deal made sense. I'm happy, the dealer is happy and my life won't be changing.
    I've said this before. Life is too short to spend
    too much time carrying laptops around to dealers.
    I'm enjoying the car. It's even not my choice of color, but it's fine.
    It's a safe, relaible, well equipped, good gas mileage car that will be worth lots more than an escape 3-5 years from now.