Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 95ags95ags Member Posts: 7
    vcarreras- Will you please send me a message via carspace with the name of the salesperson you dealt with to get that price? TIA

:)
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Member Posts: 247
    95ags..it was the sales manager. Ralph
    Thanks! They do not have the color that we want, but I'll get in touch with them anyway. We're tired of dealing with the big Houston dealerships.

If we do end up buying a car from them, I'll gladly tell them you referred us if you want to send me your name via a carspace message.

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone! Maybe there will be some Memorial Day deals made this weekend.

:)
  • klizmaaaklizmaaa Member Posts: 13
    Hi Everyone

I was interested in finding out what financing terms honda is offering now on a 2007 Honda CR-V.

Thanks for the help :)
  • starhuskerstarhusker Member Posts: 26
    no special offer. CR-V is too hot! :)
  • vickrucvickruc Member Posts: 4
    I purchased a CRV EX-L awd with Navi (Silver with Gray Leather) at Willis Honda in Burlington, NJ. $26,622 plus TTL about 3 weeks ago. Got a bunch of internet quotes 1st from all over Jersey- and Willis and Burns were the most reasonable. Got the best package deal at Willis - hassle free. One caution about Internet quotes- clarify that destination charges are included in quote - some low ball but don't include destination. Good luck-
  • emantx10emantx10 Member Posts: 2
    First I know this is a honda Message board so please help me think about this logically. In other words, I KNOW HONDA IS HISTORICALLY THE BETTER CAR. So please lets look at everything else besides that. Obviously my Pros and Cons list are personal likes and dislikes but I would love to hear other reactions.

MAZDA CX7 likes:
    Better looking Exterior, back seats fold better and easier, plastic trunk flooring standard, 18" rims standard, center console and storage much better, better horse power.
    CRV Likes:
    Gas Mileage, Ipod connector, better looking steering wheel and speed dials, better standard sound system, more comfy seats, and ride.

I know price and int rate play a big part but on just car alone, help me out. Things I dont mention like storage, back seats, or anything not mentioned. Its cause I like them equally.

Thanks for your input.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Buy resale. The Honda.
  • sailormbsailormb Member Posts: 3
    After emailing a salesman for over a week, and speaking to him on the phone regarding the purchase of a 2007 Honda Crv Ex, I made an appointment to see him about the "out the door" offer of $22,900 which he presented. Driving 1 1/2 hours to the location, I was met with great disappointment as he now insisted he made an error in his offer and that the car would not be available for such a cost and that now it would be $24,100! The "next manager" was asked to address his problem and basically stood behind him stating, "internet quotes" may change. This is bad buisness folks, plain and simple, false advertising. I had full intentions on purchasing said vehicle and did not, at least not from this dealership. When I got home, I had a phone message stating the salesman wanted to at least give me a $100.00 gas credit for driving up; which of course he did not do. All in all, the experience of dealing with Autoway Honda of Clearwater was very sour.

I then carried my business an hour south to Port Charlotte Honda; which was a very pleasant experience from beginning to end. I'm a new car buyer with a happy ending; thank you Port Charlotte Honda!

The sadest part of this whole experience is that I have a Honda Dealership less than a mile from my house that would not even entertain "decent" prices! Not even when price quotes were produced from other dealerships! They began with MSRP and went up from there! Obviously, Sun Honda in Sarasota is not someone I'd recommend dealing with.
    Frustrating,but that's just the way it is. Shake it off.
  • 10041004 Member Posts: 4
    Hi sailormb
    I am just wondering what is the OTD for your CRV, I also bought one in Houston yesterday, and I paid $24,800 OTD on the EX 2WD with glacier blue color..
  • richk6richk6 Member Posts: 87
    In addition to lower gas mileage, the CX-7 requires premium gas. With fast rising fuel prices, just another thing to consider.
  • tampafredtampafred Member Posts: 7
    Regarding the Mazda CX-7, I test drove a CX-7 and I liked some things about it, it was a bit peppier with the turbocharged engine and the 6 speed AT was nice. Probably has a bit more interior space than the CR-V.

But I ditto what richk6 said about the need for premium gas. I didn't like that about it and the CR-V does get better gas mileage. Also, I liked the EX-L features; didn't feel like I could get the same on the Mazda.

I've finally decided on the CR-V after looking at Pilots, RAV4s, Highlanders, Hyundais, and a few others. I don't think the CR-V is perfect (maybe I will after I own one for a while) but I think it's probably the best one for my needs.

If I didn't have kids, I'd buy a new Acura TSX (what I'd really like to drive!).
  • steltmansteltman Member Posts: 3
    Just drove home in a Whistler Silver EX 2WD for $23,800 OTD. Best car buying experience I've ever had. Salesman was very competent and straight-forward, no gimmicks or hidden costs/fees. I was quoted $25,500 OTD from a local dealership much closer to home, so the price I received seemed very fair to me. Just wanted to contribute back to the forum as I found it very useful during the research phase of my car purchase.

Cheers
  • haustinhaustin Member Posts: 1
    I did about 10-15 hours shopping around. Don't pay more than $23,750 + fees, or $25,766 Out the Door for an CRV EXL in the Los Angeles area.
  • jcoryjcory Member Posts: 17
    While premium vs. regular unleaded can be a consideration -- I don't think that it should be the significant consideration that many make it. While I understand that rising gas prices have us trying to reduce the amount spent on fuel as much as possible, the difference between regular and premium really isn't very large, in the grand scheme of things.

For example:
    Here in Iowa, ethanol blend unleaded is running $3.19, premium is $3.31. 12 cents difference. I understand that our gas prices are lower than most other places, but so are our house prices, food prices, and salaries. Deal with it.

Assuming a car that gets 20 MPG, and drives 15,000 mi./year (I think those are relatively safe assumptions), the difference is going to be $90, PER YEAR. Or, alternately, $7.50 per month.

Over the life of a vehicle, the cost difference isn't going to be nearly as significant as the difference in maintenence costs between two vehicles, or the difference in depreciation.
  • maynnamaynna Member Posts: 3
    I got the quote from dealer today. I don't know anything about detail service fee, and he said :"Our Professional Detail Service which cleans the interior and exterior to showroom quality with a fresh coat of wax and a professional polish. "So should I pay for $120 detail service fee, they also has another $95 service fee.

Buying a car makes me feel sick :cry: . Please help me.
  • psaraiyapsaraiya Member Posts: 1
    does OTD include sales tax?
  • coolchidcoolchid Member Posts: 33
    NO WAY!! They are just trying to rip you off by adding all kinds of extra & usurious fees into their price!! It is my understanding that those items should ALL be covered in the "Dealer Doc & Prep" fee - in some states that's been regulated to less than $100 & in other states I've seen it as high as $600 - where are you located??
  • raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    i was quoted the same price but for the AWD! (in NJ)
    Old Bridge, NJ dealership quoted me 25,500 out the door for a AWD EX, good deal?
  • maynnamaynna Member Posts: 3
    Madison,WI.I want to buy base AWD CRV LX. They also ask splash guard for $96,but I don't want it.
  • hgivenhgiven Member Posts: 4
    Royal Blue AWD CRV LX otd including all TTL for $23,059

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed and inspired me not to go through carsdirect. I emailed all the dealerships through cars.com within 50 miles of me in NJ and went back and forth a bit. Wound up going with Joyce Honda in Denville (no hassles at all). Price I got maybe not the best I've heard but it kicked carsdirect's butt.

p.s. Been driving it for about a week and the CRV is great!
  • steltmansteltman Member Posts: 3
    Yep, includes sales tax plus everything else.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    Carsdirect is a very helpful sight and usually has very competitive pricing. However, with the CR-V, they are just showing target price a few hundred under sticker. I too was able to beat the Carsdirect price by going through my local dealer's internet sales manager.
    seems like a great price, i was thinking of the EX AWD and was quoted 25,500, this seems to be a better deal although not apples to apples. Do you remember the sales guy's name? Can i reference your deal?
    congratulations on your CRV! That price seems very low to me. I bot it also a week ago in NJ. My wife wanted a silver one and nobody except DCH Academy had it. My LX 4WD OTD price is 23400. Some other dealers offered lower price but I had to wait for a few weeks to get it.
    About to close the deal with old bridge dealer in NJ for a glacier blue EX AWD, i didn't haggle much, but so far this is the best i've found. Wondering if this is a good deal, 25,550.
    Raymondw7, I think it's not a bad price. I'd go for it. But do check out the dealer that gives 23049 OTD for LX AWD and see what they offer.
  • mcwenzelmcwenzel Member Posts: 37
    I have been shopping in the Bay Area and have been quoted $23,900 for an EX 2WD and $24,850 for an EX AWD including destination but not including TTL without much haggling.
  • tutimamitutimami Member Posts: 7
    A local dealer is quoting me 21500 OTD for 2007 CRV 2WD LX Black on Black.

Is this a good price? :confuse:
    I think that is a good OTD price. The lowest quote we received was $22,186, and the dealer ended up not honoring it once we got there, so we walked away from the deal. :mad:

Good luck.
  • wchen2007wchen2007 Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

Thank you all for so much useful info here. Just got my brand-new 07 CR-V 4WD LX yesterday. Glacier Blue metallic. It's awesome.

I live in northern Virginia. Tried quote around. But no one can beat the Heritage Honda Westminster (I really appreciate the previous discussions on dealers around DC Metro). They offer invoice!!! And only $99 processing fee.

No haggle, no push at all. Great experience.

2007 CR-V LX 4WD (No add-on at all)
    The final price is
    Invoice: $20,872 (including destination)
    Processing fee: $99
    Tax: $629.13 (VA 3%)
    DMV: $255.50

Total: $21,855.63 (OTD)

Great price and great experience. You may ask for Joe Ski. I really like this polite & kindly old fellow.
  • baldliangliangbaldliangliang Member Posts: 1
    Bought mine Royal Blue CR-V EX AWD at $23000, Price includes destination charge, wheel locks, splash guards, all-season floor mat, and trunk tray. OTD price is $25179.79. This is at Bay Area, CA. CA Tax is very high. :cry:

Here is the breakdown,
    Car price: $23000
    Doc Fee: $55
    Sale TAX: $1902.04
    Estimated License Fee: $150
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    Total: $25179.79

I think it is an OK deal. With all the accessories, I am at around $300 lower than invoice. There was only one Royal Blue EX AWD within 30 miles, which did not give me many options. If my wife wanted a silver color, I think I could shoot down another $150. :confuse:

Original quotes from dealers for EX AWD are $22987 - $23450. As you can see there is $500 difference between dealers. Also the price from same dealer can vary depends on which internet manager served you.

I ended up with the dealership which is close to my home. But the original quote from that dealer was $23450. :)
  • nav46nav46 Member Posts: 8
    when u add everything up that u listed the cost comes out to $25,702. did they discount some of the stuff that u listed?
    what does the vin # start with?
    EX-l w/nav & remote start thown in

$27,795
    $595 dlr hand
    $2377.66 tax
    $175 tt&r
    $199 doc fees
  • notloknotlok Member Posts: 1
    I have read many of the posts on this forum and I have not seen any people buying CRVs below invoice price.

If anyone has bought a CRV below invoice price, please respond with the model, AWD/FWD, the price, tax, title, license , and the dealer name and location so that all of us on the forum may give these good dealers MORE business.

Also, please provide a contact name and phone number so we will all have the same pleasurable buying experience.

Thank you for your responses in advance.
  • autoworldautoworld Member Posts: 2
    Please advise. I need your collective wisdom. Dealer suggests I add all of the following:

Rustproofing ($500) Injected in to the body panels of the vehicle, coats the sheet metal, preventing rust.

Undercoating ($380) Rubberized, abrasion resistant coating applied to the undercarriage of the vehicle, strongly recommended due to salt in Maryland, reduces road noise.

Paint sealant ($400) Teflon coating buffed into paint, prevents fading, loss of gloss, acid rain, bird droppings, and oxidation, eliminates waxing for 8 years.

Interior Protection ($370) Protects all interior from oil and water-based stains, helps prevent fading of interior.

Are any, all or none of these worth the cost? Your thoughts?
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    Please don't take this as a lighthearted comment: Take the money for all of these and go on a nice vacation.
    I've been drinving for over 40 years and haven't undercoated my cars since 1970. The rest of this stuff, imho, is also nonsense.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    i agree-just a way for the dealer to make lots of profit!
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Member Posts: 247
    95ags Was it Baytown who did not honor the deal?
    These items are rip offs. Don't you dare let them do this to your new car!
  • sjack1insjack1in Member Posts: 6
    Wow, this is a nice price! Can you share with us which dealer in SF Bay area gave you this deal? Thanks!
  • autoworldautoworld Member Posts: 2
    Thank you to all who responded to my earlier post about dealer additions. I appreciate your feedback. I forgot to mention some other extras dealer proposed for my beautiful new EX-L 4WD:

Enhanced Alarm system ($500) model AM1, I believe, from Automatecarsecurity.com
    Auto Start ($450) which can be combined with the above alarm system for a single price of $700.
    Back up Sensors ($400) by Echomaster. I see that Honda.com lists the MSRP price for backup sensors as $518.
    Certified Plus Gold ($900) good for five years for interior repair, door dings, alloy wheel repair and paint repair.

Your thoughts on any or all of these extras?
    Rip offs! Save your money and your beautiful new car!
  • mcwenzelmcwenzel Member Posts: 37
    Posted yesterday that I have been shopping in the SF Bay Area and have been quoted $23,900 for an EX 2WD and $24,850 for an EX AWD including destination but not including TTL without much haggling. These prices are for an EX-L.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    I've read that Honda is starting to import some of the CR-Vs from Japan in order to meet demand. How can you tell whether a particular vehicle is from Japan or from the states? Can you tell from the Vin? If so, how do you read it?

Also, any thoughts as to whether the Japan assembled CR-Vs will be any better assembled than the ones here or vice versa?
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    all ripoffs. How about auto dimming mirror or fog lights for a couple of hundred dollars apiece and rear cargo mat for about 100.Those are three things to consider.
    That's about it.
    thansk for the advice, i called up the other dealership that quoted 23049 OTD for the LX AWD, and he could not match 25,500 AWD EX. I'm still thinking that 25,500 OTD for EX AWD is not the best deal. If anyone in the NJ/PA area has seen better please advise