Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    starhuskerstarhusker Member Posts: 26
    My CR-V is entirely made in Japan. It says so on the tag and all the dealers told me so too. I have no idea the quality is better or worse. As long as it doesn't break, I'm happy. ;):)
  • Options
    yakultspitsyakultspits Member Posts: 22
    I've been making a habit of checking on the inventory of a local dealer (the main lot as well as a "secret" overflow lot). I go by once a week or so, and the supply here is definitely improving. This week, there are 13 CR-Vs on the lot (9 LXs and 4 EXs), which is the most I've seen since they debuted. Incidentally, three were assembled in Saitama, the rest in Ohio.

I don't know about the prices but at least the supply side of the equation seems to be improving :)
  • Options
    missyc1missyc1 Member Posts: 17
    Have you tried Burns Honda in South New Jersey? They seem pretty good. Or even better Conecelli Honda in Philly out by the airport. I have been car shopping and they sent me some really great prices on the net ;) .
  • Options
    marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    I've read that Honda is starting to import some of the CR-Vs from Japan in order to meet demand. How can you tell whether a particular vehicle is from Japan or from the states? Can you tell from the Vin? If so, how do you read it?

Also, any thoughts as to whether the Japan assembled CR-Vs will be any better assembled than the ones here or vice versa?

The window sticker will have where the car was assembled, where the engine was made. I know you can tell from the VIN since I have read it here before, but darn if I can do it.

Can't say if it's better or not if manufactured in Japan. You'll hear differing opinions here. That said, after having poor experiences with American made products, I felt some relief, whether justified or not, that my car was fully made in Japan. Sorry american car buyers! :blush:
  • Options
    hewfhewf Member Posts: 4
    Sorry I have not checked for the forum for a while.

The dealership is HONDA Village in Newton. If you need the salesperson's name or phone # email me at wh_boston@hotmail.com

I happen to know another dealership named Herb Chamber Honda might have a better deal (Base price for EX AWD for $22300)

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    My window sticker says:

U.S./Canadian Parts Content: 0%
    Major Source of Foreign Parts: Japan 100%
    Country of Origin - Engine: Japan
    Transmission: Japan
    Port of Entry: East Liberty

Final Assembly Point: East Liberty, OHIO, USA

Are all parts/Engine/Transmission from Japan, or are some built in U.S.?

Since everything seems to have come from Japan, but the final assembly was in Ohio, does that make it a Japanese import or a U.S. built CR-V?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    U.S built...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sealysealy Member Posts: 3
    Hey ya'll!! :blush:
    I've gotten 2 local internet, OTD quotes. One not worth negotiating, the other only $300 off MSRP. My in-laws recommended Mike Patton of LeGrange, GA where they bought their 2005 CRv. They quoted me OTD $22,521 for a base EX 2WD. So far, the best deal. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this dealership? Tanks!!
  • Options
    airgunairgun Member Posts: 2
    bought it on 5/26 from Ourisman Honda in Bethesda Maryland.
  • Options
    alexkchaalexkcha Member Posts: 8
    nav46,

I'm also in the market for a EX-L with nav. Have you heard from anyone else on what the average price people have been paying for that model?
  • Options
    hgivenhgiven Member Posts: 4
    Raymond,

Not sure if you already bought but the internet sales reps name was Alin Hanja (ahanja@joycehonda.dealerspace.com) at Joyce Honda in Denville. Feel free to reference the deal. We bought this past Friday the 25th. Good luck.

Chris
  • Options
    finbar_oharafinbar_ohara Member Posts: 29
    Selling price 25,042.00
    Mud Flaps included + 105.00
    Doc fee 180.00
    6% sales tax.
    Title, new plate ~100.00
    OTD = 26952.xx

They tried to sell all of the extended warranties and add ons, but I passed. I did get a call from another dealer after I put my deposit down stating he would sell me one at or slightly above invoice if I promised not to shop the deal. He would have needed to locate one, however. Too bad he was too late. End of the month is clearly the only time to close the deal. Location = SE Michigan. My first quotes in March were over MSRP!! It pays to shop and not rush into any "deals".

Helpful tip... If you intend to use a Capital One "Blank Check" to finance... The dealer will not let you take "their" car until the check clears. It typically takes Capital One about 2 weeks to process the loan according to this dealer.

Cheers.
  • Options
    amy_samy_s Member Posts: 4
    I received the quote from dealership in bay area. Lowest price I could get on 2007 CRV EXL 2WD with Navigator is $25,500 + tax + license. Price quote included the destination/delivery charges. Is it good price?
  • Options
    slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    I would appreciate some feedback from you all on the advantages & disadvantages of 2WD vs AWD. First of all, I live in the D/FW area of Texas. We don't have any hills to speak of, snow occurs infrequently and when it does, it doesn't accumulate. We receive ice/sleet maybe 1-3 times a year.

Logic tells that the smart choice for my area is 2WD however I'm getting a very enticing deal for an EX AWD.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    I'm in Dallas and all you need is 2WD. There have been some problems w the 4WD differentials. The 2WD is less complex,less weight,less cost,and better mileage. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    redmudredmud Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to purchase a CRV EX-L AWD in NY metro area (westchester) in the next few days. Can you let me know what others are paying here? I got a quote for around 26200 (all charges except taxes+tags) -- but this seemed a bit high. I'll expand my search to more dealers, but what should be a good price to aim for? Thanks.
  • Options
    tomsr1tomsr1 Member Posts: 130
    Just got one in San Diego for $25199 + tax title.This is about 500 over invoice.Didn't particularly want AWD but
    the price was the same as 2WD.So if I ever want to go where
    road conditions are bad I can. It gives you confidence.
    The best thing so far is XM1 Radio.WOW! +The instantaneous
    readout of MPG keeps you aware of your heavy foot.I hope it
    holds up like my 2004 Highlander has.A quality built piece. :)
  • Options
    sky12sky12 Member Posts: 3
    I'd be interested in receiving the list of dealers in NJ. I am looking at CRV EX-L w/navi. I got an offer for $27,100. Would appreciate your comments.

Sky12
  • Options
    pktaskepktaske Member Posts: 14
    what is your email?
  • Options
    joepsoljoepsol Member Posts: 4
    The best quote I've had so far is $23,746 for any EX AWD in stock. Another one is $700 off MSRP.

What do you guys think of these? How much have you paid for you CRV in the area (trim?)?

Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Everyone signed up in Carspace be default have a carspace email. Go up to "mailbox", in upper right corner, 3rd from right. Just send it to his carspace email.
  • Options
    nyjaimnyjaim Member Posts: 5
    Just made a purchase of a FWD LX for $20,500. Tried to get the dealership to lower price on the FWD EX to at least $22.4 (from $22.7) without any luck.

Since I settled on the LX, does anyone know whether I can install aftermarket fog lights on the LX?
  • Options
    pktaskepktaske Member Posts: 14
    They go in easy and quick. I got mine on Ebay for ~$60. Also got aftermarket tinting done (darker than factory) for $199 locally. Chrome wheels are on the way. I'm still way better off $$$ than if I got an EX plus, I love thethe way the darker tint/upgraded wheels look. Not your run-of-the-mill CRV.
  • Options
    sagemajorsagemajor Member Posts: 7
    Got a Black/Black EX with leather and Nav, 4wd. No dealer options. in Orange County for 26800.

Most of the Edmund quotes were for 27500 ish. Went into our local Honda Dealer where we bought a 2002 CRV and 2002 Accord and said 200 over invoice. Almost got it.
  • Options
    pkishorepkishore Member Posts: 2
    I bought a Silver CR-V EX AWD from Heritage Honda, Parkville, MD.

Price details:
    $24,245 on the road;
    VA sales tax included;
    Accessories: wheel locks, splash guards and pin striping

Thanks to this board, I discovered Heritage Honda. I live in northern virginia; but the 70 mile trip north was very much worth it; the next lowest quote that I got from a Virginia dealer at the time was about $900 more than what I paid.

There is one very small issue that I discovered with the car, afterwards. The tailgate latch system makes a clicking noise, just by the touch of it, regardless of whether the door is in open or locked position. The dealer politely asked me to take the vehicle to the nearest Honda dealer and have them take a look at it. Since the issue doesn't really bother a whole lot, I will probably wait until I take the car in a few months, for the first oil change.

It is a fun car to drive around town for sure!
  • Options
    Thanks, good to hear it is do-able with the LX.
  • Options
    mondanamondana Member Posts: 9
    Hello Tomsr1:
    would you please forward the name and address of the dealership, sales man name and e-mail if possible to my private e-mail address: zendegi38@hotmail.com.

I persume thaat your new crv does not have a navigator?
    it still sounds like a very reasonable price.

Thank you for sharing info.
    Mandy Nicke
  • Options
    mondanamondana Member Posts: 9
    Hi Pkishore:
    I would appreciate it if you could share the name of the sales person at heritage honda or an e-mail for him so I can make a deal with them. I am at zendegi38@hotmail.com
    please mention the dealers name since I have requested info on one more dealership.
    Thank you,
    Mandy
  • Options
    pkishorepkishore Member Posts: 2
    I worked with Chuck Tracy from Internet Sales; but I found out that Heritage gives sales guys no room for cutting prices. Another post on this board from a while ago also confirmed that. So you could pretty much talk to anyone there. Here is their contact information:

Heritage Honda
    9213 Harford Rd
    Parkville, MD 21234
    http://www.HeritageHonda.net
    CTracy@mileone.com
  • Options
    houstonguy2houstonguy2 Member Posts: 1
    Which Houston dealership is this ?I am looking for the same .Did this include EPP (fabric and paint protection ?? )

(price of 26,795 including some accesories)
  • Options
    phillymikephillymike Member Posts: 13
    Hello Friends,
    It has been a few months since I last posted a question or contributed, but I am looking for some feedback on prices paid for the 5 Year or 7 Year Honda Care Warranties on the '07 CRVs. I thought I had seen a posting where someone paid $975 for the 7 Year Coverage, which is a great deal as far as I am seeing in the Phila Metro area. I have bought the 5 Year Warranty on my current and pervious Accord and paid about $1,000. What prices are you seeing for this option lately? We are looking to replace a 99 Civic with the EX-C AWD from a NJ dealer in the next week or so.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
  • Options
    crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    See... "CR-V extended warranty-what did you pay?" topic in this discussion.
  • Options
    ggdillonggdillon Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a Red Tango Pearl EX-L AWD with wood trim installed for $25,500 in suburbs of Phila.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rmf1981rmf1981 Member Posts: 1
    Hey All,

Looking for a black EX-L here in Rochester, NY. I was suprised by how many places won't do quotes over the internet/phone; very strange.

Anyway, I'm looking for an EX-L AWD. Best price quote I have so far is 25.5, not inclusive of TTL. Seems a bit high still with about $800 over invoice (24.7 according to Edmunds). Anyone seen any better deals in the Rochester/Buffalo/Erie/Pittsburgh areas; willing to travel to all of those.

Thanks!

rmf
  • Options
    bmwguy23bmwguy23 Member Posts: 43
    Buy it here:

https://www.myhondawarranty.com/pricing.php

I just bought a no deductible, 84 month, 100K mile for $805 there.
  • Options
    kandyrkandyr Member Posts: 6
    I used this website and these boards as my research before buying a new car. I went from Escape to RAV 4 and ended up with the 2007 CRV EX. I couldn't be more pleased. I got 6 different quotes via internet with follow up phone calls. Aeneas Williams Honda in Monroe, LA was the best all around. I paid $22,500 (sticker $23,445), but more than that, these people were the best to do business with. I drove 5 hours to get there and it was certainly worth the trip. We made it a family day and from Baton Rouge, we went through many places for tourists and really enjoyed the trip. I didn't ask for extras as everything on the EX is exactly what I wanted. I got there with a personal check and drove home via Natchez IN MY BRAND NEW CRV EX. What a trip. THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE AND THIS BOARD.
  • Options
    zebraheadzebrahead Member Posts: 7
    What does everyone think of this price for a 2WD EX-L (no nav)

Price with Dest: 24030.52
    Doc Fee: 499
    OTD: 26022.74

This is the best price I found after emailing about 10 dealers and it's the only dealer that actually has the color I want. I think the 499 doc fee is crazy and will try to get them to remove or reduce it.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about 23700 (plus tax and docs) for an EX AWD?
    I'm also getting 6.80 APR for 60 months from Capitol One.

Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    sailormbsailormb Member Posts: 3
    Financing deal isn't bad; I could get 5.8 pct for 60 months from Honda and my credit union; banks said 7.9 pct. I opted to take out a home equity loan to pay for it over a longer time period; to get the write off on the interest paid (slightly higher interest rate 6.9, but lower monthly payment, something I needed!) My out the door price was 24,100 in FL; something I really had to work on getting!

Good luck to you!

Mary B.
  • Options
    smkgsmkg Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a honda dealership in the Portland, OR area. If you have names of salespeople, please post them as well.

Also, does anyone know when the 2008 models will come out. I was wondering whether the deals on 2007 CRV's will be better just before the 2008 models debut. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    coast41coast41 Member Posts: 3
    Think you did very well. What dealer?
  • Options
    Dick Hannah in Vancouver.
    It's about 23750.

I'm still looking around though.
    What's the best you've seen around here?
  • Options
    So far I'm ok with Dick Hannah in Vancouver and St John's Honda. I have mostly corresponded through emails and phone calls. A couple of times, I looked at cars at Dick Hannah and I felt high pressure sales tactics and cannot recommend the salespeople I dealt with. But that's probably true for most auto salespeople.
  • Options
    vgsixvgsix Member Posts: 1
    Car price: 23376 (w/ dest fee)
    sale tax: 1636.32
    Title + doc Fee: 118.50
    Total(OTD price): 25130.82
  • Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    I purchased my 06 through Dick Hannah and it was easy and they will matched and beat any price. I purchased my 98 Civic and 00 Accord through the one in Gladstone but they have changed hands since. All my dealings were on line never paid more than invoice but on a 07 new model its a different game.

>>> MNF
  • Options
    redmudredmud Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. I finally purchased a black/black EX-L AWD with no extra options for 25368 (+taxes+tags) at Brewster Honda a few days ago. No trade in. Financed through Capital One for 6.05%. The online deals for 8 yrs/100K hondacare warranty are tempting. Given the amount of electronics in the car, it may not be a bad idea to take it - hopefully, it will also give me better resale value when I do sell it 5-6 years from now. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    tomsr1tomsr1 Member Posts: 130
    I did not get it because CR says if you have the money for possible repairs past warranty the insurance is a poor bet.
    I have had HONDA cars since 1978 and 3 things have gone wrong.#1 1980 CIVIC altenator died,#2 1982 Accord wiring
    harness failure (covered).The only other thing was a 2001
    Acura with transmission problems,replaced under warranty.
    On the other hand my sons FORD WINDSTAR's AC crapped out
    at 60K and he had extended warranty,good thing!If this latest HONDA fails me big time I will go HYUNDAI next time.
    I also have a Toyota with 50k on it and basic warranty
    has expired and I will be very surprised if any thing
    goes wrong considering how I baby my cars.But an extended
    warranty buys peace of mind which is priceless.
  • Options
    troublemaker1troublemaker1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase a new LX 4wd. I am in CT . What dealership did you use ? where in ny state are you ?
  • Options
    I used Lia Honda. I am in upstate NY. You have a Lia in Enfield, CT. I had been in touch with them not long ago when I was traveling by there. I went through their internet dept via their website for my price quote.